Author Topic: Survivor All-Stars 2 THIS YEAR  (Read 20555 times)

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
Re: Survivor All-Stars 2 THIS YEAR
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 12:24:46 PM »
CIRIE FOR THE WIN!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 02:49:55 PM »
Terry Dietz for the WIN!! :hero:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 09:21:40 PM »
highlight below , from Coby .

semi spoiler for THIS season do NOT read if you care...

well now that the cat is out of the bag and it can't be linked back to me but to in touch lol

my sources have told me that exact same thing (before this came out)...season 16...no winners. and the reason i was given for no winners is...

a) targets
b) most winners have agents etc. and want a ton of money to even come back which isn't worth it.

other names thrown around they want...
courtney
dreamz (spoiler since he obviously doesn't win then)

also that they are thinking of a all star tribe against a all new tribe.

we will see what they settle up with :) just be prepared i will probably want to kill myself if not picked (flame me now lol)   

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »
Glad yal told me who Jeff was  :lol3:

COBY BETTER be on ALL Stars!!!  Come on he was good at challenges and he is an interesting charachter.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2007, 10:44:26 AM »
Why is Jeff from Palau on their wishlist?  He was the third or fourth voted out, and that was due to a sprain.

Oh I knew exactly who he was  :lol3:

He can come back anytime  :kissy:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline TannerB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2007, 11:47:17 PM »
The Second all stars is goign to be very interesting. I hope Ian and Aras are on their. I always cheered for them. And one actually won woot.
My own Pirate Masters is coming this summer only on Youtube.

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 05:54:18 AM »
Shane and Steph for All stars II

*Fingers crossed.*
The Best Aliance in Survivor History!!!!

RFF's number 1 Steph LaGrossa Fan

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 06:49:47 AM »
Shane and Steph for All stars II

It's a tough job Cecil but someone has to be her best fan!  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 11:59:39 PM »
^Agreed, I personally wouldn't expect her to win or anything but I think she'd be a good shot for All Stars 2, especially if its the end of Survivor. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2007, 12:26:47 PM »
entertainment.iafrica.com

SURVIVOR
Confirmed! Survivor All-Stars 2
Tashi Tagg
Fri, 15 Jun 2007
Last night I went out for a gossip with a friend of mine Clayton Morar, who's a writer for TV Plus.

He's verry buddy-buddy with loads of previous Survivors and told me that the latest news on the circuit is that a CBS insider has confirmed that they'll be doing a second season of Survivor All-Stars.

It's all hush-hush at the mo 'cos it hasn't been officially announced yet but apparently it's 100% certain that it's happening after Survivor China: Season 15 - which is being filmed between now and August.

To put you in the picture as to where we are season-wise in relation to the US : China's going to be on in the US later this year, Survivor Fiji: Season 14 finished in the US in May and we'll be seeing Survivor Cook Islands: Season 13 when our current Amazing Race finishes.

So they're basically three seasons ahead ... or is it two?

The plan with All-Stars 2 is that it'll start filming in October and go out in the US at the beginning of 2008. As for the casting of it - only Survivors who've been in seasons 9 to 15 will be considered to be in it 'cos of All-Stars 1 casting from season 1 to 7.

The cool thing is that they've got a totally different angle to it - the question they're going to be asking to cast it is: "Who most deserves another chance?".

All-Stars 1 asked something along the lines of : "Who do you want to see again?" which was much more based on popularity and the idea of Survivors being stars - which resulted in the problem of winners being whacked immediately. Clearly there's no point casting winners so the new question cuts them out and takes the game to a way more strategic, three-dimensional juice level.

What's so extra interesting about it is that it forces us to focus on the difference between strategy and who people are and makes us question what it means to be deserving in Survivor. Does it mean the grooviest people or those who played the most cunning strategy or those who got uncessarily unlucky?

You'd think that as a Survivor fan all your choices would automatically be for cunning skullduggery but it's not as simple as that. For instance I really think Exile Island's Terry deserves another chance but he just used athelticism and sucked at strategy.

Then there's Cirie who deserves it her superb social mastermindery and Misty for getting eliminated for no reason at all.

I don't know how exactly they'll be deciding - like if they'll literally ask fans to make decisions or generally guage public opinion - whatever they do it's gonna very much be a case of us and them all being in it together 'cos they'll want to try to please as many of us as possible.

I imagine your brains' already been madly ticking over the possibilities - I haven't stopped casting it since I first heard. I don't know how many they're gonna have in it but I reckon it'll be about 16 or so so here's my casting list for the seasons we've seen:

Exile Island (Season 12)

1. Cirie Fields
2. Terry Deitz
3. Misty Giles
4. Bob Dog - I'm quizzy to see if he really has such a wild sense of humour or if he just tried to get us to think he did.
5. Sally Schumann - for being so generally nice and hurt in her divorce. (Apparently she's dissapeared from the Survivordom and doesn't keep in touch with anybody.)
6. Shane Powers - for thinking Terry was more deserving than Danielle and Aras at the end.

Survivor Guatemala (Season 11)

Bobby Jon - he'd get overdone. Rumour is that Stephenie might be back which would suck in the extreme- she's already waay into overkill.
Judd
Not
6. Brandon Bellinger - for his perve-factor. Check out his new profile pic - he looks even better - not quite as rural.
7. Rafe Judkins - for successfully getting work in Hollywood as a screenwriter so he should deliver some good lines and plot.
8. Jamie Hawkins - so we can see someone being dragged off in a straightjacket. I've never seen it in real life so I'm keen.

Survivor Palau (Season 10)

9. Ian Rosenberger - for being an arsehole when he allowed himself to get bullied and manipulated by Tom.
10. Ashlee Ashby - so we can call her Ashlee Ashboobs again.
11. James Miller - to turn the show into a psycho-killer thriller.
12. Gary Hogeboom - for having such a crap strategy the first time round.

Survivor Vanuatu (Season 9 )

13. Twila Tanner - for being a thug.
14. Ami Cusack - for some girl-on-girl action.

Special concessions:

15. I don't think All-Stars 1 is supposed to be part of it but they need to put Rob C in - he fully deserves another chance and this second All-Stars would be much more his scene.

16. Colby Donaldson - for not winning either season he played desite being so popular amongst both audiences and the Survivors themselves.

So, so, so what do you think? Spill your list. To help re-jolt your memory as to who was in it what take a look at the TVSA mini-sites for each season:

Survivor Panama: Exile Island (Season 12)
Survivor Guatemala: The Maya Empire (Season 11)
Survivor Palua (Season 10)
Survivor Vanuatu: Islands Of Fire (Season 9)

PS: The Survivors are apparently speculating that a couple of other seasons will be included too but I don't see it happening - they're a decade ago.

PPS: Prepare to need to smack. Loads of the Cook Islands crowd go to Aras's yoga class and do lots of Yoga on the show.

http://www.iafrica.com/pls/cms/iac.page?p_t1=5&p_t2=4656&p_t3=4281&p_t4=1650&p_dynamic=YP&p_content_id=968667&p_site_id=2

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 11:27:21 PM »
Another all stars will be good.  I am trying to think who I would like to see again.  I would like the following:

Yau Man
Michelle
Cirie
Jonathan
Ozzie
Jamie or Judd
Candice
Shane

Hmm, my mind is drawing a blank.  I know there were other interesting ones that keep me amused all season but I can't think of them at the moment.

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2007, 01:15:20 AM »
^Good list.  I'd obviously include Steph for my own reasons. 
ummmm Ian from Palau, Danielle and Courtney from Exile as well as Shane, Gary from Guatemala.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2007, 11:11:06 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2007, 11:31:25 PM »
Well they held casting calls for Big Brother 7 even though it was All-Stars, not sure about TAR All-Stars?
Doesn't matter, they only cast mactors anymore so applying by doing auditions or filliing out applications is just for a show....they already know who they want :hand:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 10:38:54 AM »
Well they held casting calls for Big Brother 7 even though it was All-Stars, not sure about TAR All-Stars?
Doesn't matter, they only cast mactors anymore so applying by doing auditions or filliing out applications is just for a show....they already know who they want :hand:

and this philosiphy will kill all reality shows, which will kill scripted shows which in the end will kill tv!!  :tup: :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 09:09:09 PM »
found this through sucks....( some spoilers maybe at the link )

Exclusive Inside Scoop on Survivor: China, Survivor: All-Stars China & the Cast!

http://www.realityexploits.com/2007/07/01/exclusive-inside-scoop-on-survivor-china/

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 09:36:54 PM »
found this through sucks....( some spoilers maybe at the link )

Exclusive Inside Scoop on Survivor: China, Survivor: All-Stars China & the Cast!

http://www.realityexploits.com/2007/07/01/exclusive-inside-scoop-on-survivor-china/

Wow!!! 
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Cecil

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Steph!
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 05:27:36 AM »
Yau-Man was offered a spot, but turned it down?

Lame!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2007, 08:47:07 PM »
survivorskills has Palau for S16 filming

link

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
I would like Palau again
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2007, 07:55:50 PM »
Jeff Probst: Spring 'Survivor: All-Stars' edition "wouldn't be a bad idea"

By Christopher Rocchio, 09/14/2007

CBS hasn't revealed whether next spring's sixteenth Survivor installment will be another All-Stars edition, however that isn't stopping show host Jeff Probst from teasing reporters about the possibility.

We're going into our sixteenth season, it wouldn't be a bad idea," Probst coyly told the media during a Wednesday conference call to discuss Survivor: China, the fifteenth Survivor edition that premieres next week.

Although rumors that CBS might be planning another All-Stars edition have circulated for years, more formal reports that Survivor's Spring 2008 edition would be another All-Stars installment first surfaced earlier this year.  According to a May report in In Touch Weekly, the second All-Stars edition would only feature castaways from the seven Survivor editions that have filmed since 2004's Survivor: All-Stars edition occurred (Survivor: Vanuatu; Survivor: Palau; Survivor: Guatemala; Survivor: Panama; Survivor: Cook Islands; Survivor: Fiji; and Survivor: China).

No winners will be back," an "insider" reportedly told In Touch at the time.

The In Touch report came two months after Probst had previously stated that -- although he "personally didn't want to do" and "didn't enjoy" the show's initial All-Stars edition -- he felt Survivor was "due" for another All-Stars installment.

"The only thing I can say is that I've come around to understanding that even though the All-Stars we did was a pain-in-the-ass from a production point of view, it was one of our best seasons," Probst reiterated to reporters Wednesday.  "And it was our best season because we had our best people back.  I get that."

According to Probst, one of his biggest All-Stars gripes was the swelled heads some of Survivor's first All-Stars edition participants developed during their second go-around on the show.

"I wouldn't be looking forward to necessarily doing another 20 all-stars," Probst explained Wednesday, "because I know the minute you call them an 'all-star,' suddenly the contract has four-page rider on it that they need their green M&Ms removed."

CBS did not immediately respond to a Reality TV World request for additional information about Survivor's sixteenth edition.

Regardless of Probst's personal feelings about the concept, one thing is certain: Survivor's first All-Stars edition was a success in the area that television networks care the most -- the ratings.

Survivor: All-Stars' post-Super Bowl premiere in February 2004 achieved ratings that the series had not reached since the finale of 2001's Survivor: The Australian Outback and it instantly became the highest rated entertainment broadcast of the 2003-2004 television season.  It continued to do very well -- consistently averaging more than 20 million viewers -- with 24.8 million watching the May 2004 finale and 28.36 million watching the reunion show that saw the official formation of "Romber" when Rob Mariano proposed to Amber Brkich, the eventual winner.

However if Survivor's next season is another All-Stars edition, don't expect it to finally be the long-running show's much discussed Canadian-set edition.

"Not in winter," Probst said when asked about the possibility of filming a Survivor edition in a non-tropical location.  "I mean we've talked about it.  I think [Survivor executive producer Mark Burnett] is pretty against winter, simply because if you're talking snow and cold -- from a production point of view -- it would be very difficult.  And as human beings, you tend to just hibernate.  You're not going to frolic in the water or go off into the woods and talk strategy."

However Canadian Survivor fans can still take solace in the fact that their country may still eventually serve as the setting for an upcoming fall edition of the show (Survivor's fall editions typically film in July and August).

"We have talked about going somewhere in the spring that might be rolling hills of grass, or like somewhere in British Columbia, where you get just a completely different look," said Probst.  "I mean you've got streams and lakes instead of oceans.  We have talked about that.  I think that has a chance of happening because Mark seemed pretty into it."

If Survivor's Spring 2008 edition is an Olympics schedule-like revisitation of  the show's Spring 2004 Survivor: All-Stars format, CBS isn't likely to be able to keep the show under wraps for more longer.  Based on the show's previous production history, Survivor's sixteenth edition is likely to begin filming in November.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/jeff-probst-spring-survivor-all-stars-edition-wouldnt-be-bad-idea-5788.php

Offline tweedle

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2007, 12:28:49 AM »
Wouldn't it be cool if they had a team made up of past winners versus a team of runner-ups? :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2007, 02:23:17 AM »
All I want is Yau-Man  :jumpy:! I LOVE him!! :luvu:

Offline blondraider

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #48 on: September 21, 2007, 12:26:55 AM »
I love Rob and Amber! :snicker: I really hope if they do they invite chicken I think he got robbed. :dick I think a really good twist for Survivor would be if the first and only the first person voted off got a chance sometime during the game to get back in. I feel really bad for the first  person who gets voted off and after a few weeks when people really start to get on each others nerves and show their true colors they only wish that they had voted that person off instead.   :yess:

Offline PirateDavid

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: September 21, 2007, 04:34:14 PM »
Once they have 16 season under their belt, they can do:  Ultimate Survivor.  All 16 winners come back to compete against each other.  I guess they have to wait for Rich to get out of jail, but still, how cool would that be?