Author Topic: Leg 1 speculation on spoilers  (Read 11552 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Leg 1 speculation on spoilers
« on: January 17, 2007, 07:11:56 PM »
No FN Usernames Left   @ sucks ( posted on 11/20/06 1:46 pm)

They're currently here in Miami. So far the teams I've seen (that I recognize) are:

Rob & Amber (S7)
Joe & Bill ("Team Guido" from S1)
Charla & Mirna (S5)
I think John Vito & Jill from S3 are also in it
-----------------
*At the gate, I only saw Romber and JVJ. I saw Charla & Mirna talking to the ticket agent getting their tickets, and cutting a bit for the camera just after they purchased them. There were two other teams and Team Guido after them. I think Team Guido was the last team in line, but again it was hard to tell, because they were in a big cluster including the 6 cameramen and sound guys assigned to them. All I know is some tall guy with kind of a big nose wearing something that looked (from a distance) like a straw cowboy hat was up at the counter talking to the agent.

* They're at Gate A7 of Miami International Airport waiting for an American Airlines flight to Quito, Ecuador
* I thought they were scheduled to leave at 3:05, but it turns out they were leaving at 3:50; so I got there too early to see all the teams
* Romber was done at the ticket counter about half an hour before Charla and Mirna. By the time Charla & Mirna left, 2 or 3 teams had caught up. Charla almost left her passport and ticket with the ticket agent. He had to call her back to get them.
* I don't know if this will help, but Rob & Amber were wearing their matching Red Sox caps, and Team Guido were wearing their fleece jackets with "Team Guido" stitched into the back. So, if the players were instructed to dress similar to the way they dressed last time they were on the show
* One team had a really cute blonde chick, but I couldn't distinguish who was on what team, because they were all in a mass jumble in at the American Airlines counter in concourse A.
* I think this blonde chick was on a team with another woman.
*I've been reading some of these threads and there seems to be some confusion on some people's part as to what I saw yesterday. Probably most of it due to my not paying attention and starting my own thread to post my info, so I figure I'll put everything I saw in one post and you can go ahead and speculate away from there.

About 11:30 yesterday I was in Miami International Airport. I was told by someone I know, that they saw the Amazing Race taking place at the American Airlines ticket counter in Concourse A. Being a huge fan of the show, I ran over and saw a bunch of people standing at the ticket counter with cameras and sound guys all around. They had a ticket counter roped off specifically for the racers and denoted by two small yellow & red flags. I immediately noticed Charla & Mirna up at the ticket counter. I stood around watching for about 15 minutes and saw Rob and Amber leaving and heading for their gate.

I left and came back at about 12:30. I saw Charla and Mirna still at the ticket counter, but I also saw three other teams at the ticket counter. They were all clustered together, but the only team that I could definitely identify was Team Guido and they seemed to be more at the back of the bunch. The other 2 teams appeared to be:

1. A (seemingly) tall guy in something that looked like a straw cowboy hat with kind of a big nose, he was more on the thin side and had either brown or dirty blond hair. He seemed to be partnered with a woman.

2. A slender, cute chick that had really blonde hair and seemed to be in her mid 20s wearing a pink shirt. She also seemed to be partnered with a woman.

I say the tall guy seemed to be tall, because I didn't stick around for a long time; so I don't know how tall the guys in Team Guido are but he was taller than them. I didn't see any non-white people at the counter.

Some background for those people trying to figure out who these people are - I only watched a few episodes of Season 9 and have maybe seen 1 episode of this season. The only people I could definitely pick out of a crowd from these seasons are BJ/Tyler, Erwin/Godwin, and Peter/Sarah (for obvious reasons). I didn't see seasons 3 and 5 at all, but I could still recognize Charla - again for obvious reasons. I didn't miss an episode of seasons 1, 2, 4, and 6-8 but the only people that would really stick out to me if I saw them are: Romber, Kevin/Drew (who I immediately recognized when they cameoed in S8), Team Guido (rooted very hard for them to lose S1), Tara/Wil (rooted very hard for Wil to win S2 just to spite Tara), Chuck/Millie (Wolfman!), Chris/Alex (one of them always reminded me of Shawn Cassidy), Chip/Reichen, Rebecca/Adam, Freddy/Kendra (so loathesome), Lori/Bolo (one of my all time favorite teams), Johathan/Vicotria (obvious reasons), Gus/Hera, and Uchenna/Joyce.

Out of all the teams I just mentioned, I only saw Romber, Charla/Mirna, and Team Guido, but remember I only saw 6 teams.

Charla and Mirna got out of line with their tickets and they cut a segment for the camera right next to me. They flubbed their lines the first time and got it right the second time. That's where I heard they were going to Ecuador. After the cameras turned off, C & M asked the camera guys if they wanted to go ahead and go to the bathroom since they had a few hours before the flight left. I checked the American Airlines departures and saw that a flight was leaving to Quito from Gate A7, which was in the direction that Rob & Amber were walking.

I, mistakenly, thought the time the plane was leaving was 3:05, but it turns out I went dyslexic and it was leaving at 3:50. I went over to A7 at about 2:10 thinking they were going to start boarding at that time, and hardly anybody was there. I saw the mistake I made on the time, and at that time there were only 2 teams there:

1. Rob and Amber
2. A tall, really muscular guy with black hair and a woman with blonde, wavy hair that looked pretty small next to him. I didn't recognize them at the time, but I came back and started looking through photos and I immediately recognized them as John Vito and Jill. Now, I could be wrong, but I'm 90% positive that it was them.

Rob and Amber were talking to a couple of people, but I don't think they were racers, because they shook hands and parted ways after a few minutes. Rob and Amber moved over and sat next to a guy that and started talking to him, he was white, older (maybe mid 40s), overweight, and IIRC had long, curly black hair. I don't know if he was just a fellow passenger to Ecuador, a racer, or production crew, but it seemed like Rob knew him. I briefly spoke to Rob, wished him luck and went on my way.

I could've gone back later and checked, but I didn't want to deal with airport security again and they were a long walk from where I was. So, that's all I can tell you. Carry on with the speculation. :-)

Cast picture, whos wearing what...

« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 07:28:04 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Leg 1 speculation on spoilers
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:36:39 PM »
because I think it was a cool find..
..thanks to Kogs & Slowhatch ;)

filmmiami.org

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »
Fwiw, yesterday's stats on the 1550 flight from gate A7.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 07:52:02 PM »
1. A (seemingly) tall guy in something that looked like a straw cowboy hat with kind of a big nose, he was more on the thin side and had either brown or dirty blond hair. He seemed to be partnered with a woman.

2. A slender, cute chick that had really blonde hair and seemed to be in her mid 20s wearing a pink shirt. She also seemed to be partnered with a woman.

Can we now assume 1. is Teri & Ian and 2. matches no team so might have just been part of the gereral public or maybe even production?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 08:50:52 PM »

Maybe Dustin??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 09:01:40 PM »
Maybe Dustin has a pink shirt on underneath her blue sweater. I know for sure that both Dustin and Kandice brought a long pinkish shirts for this race.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 10:23:06 PM »
Maybe Dustin has a pink shirt on underneath her blue sweater. I know for sure that both Dustin and Kandice brought a long pinkish shirts for this race.
black..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:45:36 PM »
 :lol: Heee... MikeD19 I was about to ask if you had helped them pack when I remembered this photo---that is how you knew, right? :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 10:47:43 PM »
LOL, yeah I wasn't sure if I was aloud to mention that photo in this thread since it was called Leg 1 speculation on spoilers....oh well.  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »
You can post whatever you want about spoilers here or anywhere in The Amazing Race All Stars Spoilers/Speculation ! Freedom rules here!! Start new topics if you want just no spoilers in the titles because they show up on the bottom of the forum which sucks  :lol:

:woohoo:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 10:56:49 PM »
Haha, thanks Puddin, this place is awesome!  :jam:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 11:02:34 PM »
Freedom rules here!!

thank goodness for that because I didn't even think that you might want to keep this all about leg 1  :-[ --puddin, feel free to fix/move it if you want!

I was all about the pink :flirt:!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 11:16:34 PM »
Here I'll make it back on topic  :lol:

Well, there's always "La Mitad del Mundo," the equator monument just north of town in Nono (kmz attached). Then the racers could be given a translation clue, like the one given out at Miami in TAR7; they're told to find "El Fin del Mundo" and they have to figure out that it's Ushuaia.

Here is a short list of things to see and visit in and around Quito:

Old Town - Museums, Churches including:

Plaza de la Indendencia

Palacio de Gobierno

Cathedral (bulilt in 1550) and includes Tomb of the great warrior Antonia Josed de Sucre

Palacia Arzobispal

El Sagrario

La Ronde

Plaza de Bolivar with Statue of Antonio Jose de Sucre

Arco del la Capella del Rosario

Cerro Panecillo with Statue of Virgen de Quito

Outside of Old Town:

Parque la Alameda including El Churo

El Ejido

La Carolina

Parque Metropolitano

Iglesia de Gualpulo
I have some links saved too that i'll put up before I wipe my pc clean

Ecuador general information.
Baņos Bridge Jump
bungee bungy bridge jump action into a river bed in Ecuador ( youtube video )
Some flickr pictures that I bookmarked.
Quito cable car video
We went on the teleferico while we were in Quito.? It's a cable car that takes you up to the top of a mountain that is 4100 meters tall.? From there you can see the city of Quito in the valley.? The city is 22 milies long and 2 miles wide.? It's an incredible view

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 06:13:45 AM »

Can we now assume 1. is Teri & Ian and 2. matches no team so might have just been part of the gereral public or maybe even production?

Charla is wearing pink in the photo.  One would think they would mention a "short" woman as her partner.  Maybe Charla was not near Mirna at the time of sighting?

I do like the idea of the woman in pink being one of the BQs.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2007, 11:15:31 AM »
^^ But FN knew who Charla & Mirna were and identified them so the cute blonde in pink remains a mystery and is probably nobody that matters to us.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 12:32:54 AM »
With some great detective work by apskip, peach and Boingo! ..looks like the starting line is Pelican Marina/Park Harbour, Miami FL.:yess:!!

< picture from flickrs

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 04:39:08 AM »
I'm thinking most of TES scenes were filmed on Pelican Island, about 400 yards off shore from the PelicanHarbor Marina.

That is the little island at the top...

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 11:15:36 AM »
I'm thinking most of TES scenes were filmed on Pelican Island, about 400 yards off shore from the PelicanHarbor Marina.

That is the little island at the top...

Wouldn't it be fun if the racers had to work to get from the starting line on the island to their cars at the marina. 

Racers, the world is waiting ... swim to the marina, find your backpacks and get drive to the airport (soaking wet).

Racers, the world is waiting ... row to the marina, find your backpacks and get drive to the airport (all sweaty).

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »
Maybe they do swim, that would mean teams would change clothes and DK could change into pink, it would also give Amber time to put on that Red Sock Hat she Miami spotter said she had on, that she was not wearing when her and Rob were walking with the other teams in the Early Show preview.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 03:17:17 PM »
 :noway: :hides

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 07:11:54 PM »
Boingo made a good point earlier: Media Day and the Starting Line aren't always the same place. From a producer's point of view, waving off the racers and then watching them bunch up on the P.I. Skipper would slow down the pace too much. Wherever the wave-off takes place, it should have easy access to the cars. The marina parking lot might qualify, but the causeway can get busy and I don't know if they could pull it off without attracting a lot of attention. I can remember only one starting-line photo, with Phil next to some tall palms in a park-like setting; are there any other photos?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 09:11:49 PM »
are there any other photos?
Not that I see Slowhatch...Media day came and went and from what I read the only talk was about Romber and that was about it. I checked the media but no new pictures BUT CBS is running a Survivor Fiji promo ( starts Feb 8th ) so I'm keeping all my hopes up that soon it will be ARAS's turn  :dancer:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 10:09:10 AM »
:noway: :hides
My post about swimming and rowing was tongue and cheek.  Thus your  :noway:  is most appropriate and amusing!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 10:57:31 AM »
I knew you were joking gator  :lol:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 10:38:08 PM »
Permit me to toss in an Ecuador experience that fits with past Amazing Races. Otavalo is a market town about 2 hours north of Quito by bus. Artisans from the surrounding area bring their goods, including cloth, clothing and fabric-related products as well as many others to the market on specific days of the week (I bought a wall hanging there that I admire greatly). This is just the kind of place that the Amazing Race designers would use for a roadblock or detour.