Author Topic: Danny and Oswald /All Stars  (Read 26924 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Danny and Oswald /All Stars
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:11:59 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Danny and Oswald /All Stars
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 08:28:17 AM »
<a href="http://www.cbs.com/innertube/?src=ext&vid=&cat=125142" target="_blank">View Ozzy & Danny on innertube now[/url]

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 09:41:29 AM »
I recently watched season 2 and all stars again ( ia m actually re watching all seasons) and I must admit that this couple is probably the most educated and most positive couple I have seen in any TAR season so far.

It is quite incredible on how they interact with each other. Oswald takes the lead on season 2 whilst Danny does on all stars ( you can tell how has their relationship evolved over the years) and no matter who takes the decision they always supported each other.

At one certain point, Oswald (i think its season 2) speaks to the camera and says how positive is it for them to always have a happy attitude, especially towards locals, and to be sincere, it is quite amazing how they almost never loose control of their temper (oswald does a bit on all stars) and how do they always get what their want thanks to their good manners and positive behaviour. Being friendly pays off, and they are the best example

I know none has posted a single thing about these guys, but I thought I should highlight them. For me, they are probably one of the TOP 5 couples to ever participate in any TAR season

:yess:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 01:17:06 PM »
I recently watched season 2 and all stars again ( ia m actually re watching all seasons) and I must admit that this couple is probably the most educated and most positive couple I have seen in any TAR season so far.

It is quite incredible on how they interact with each other. Oswald takes the lead on season 2 whilst Danny does on all stars ( you can tell how has their relationship evolved over the years) and no matter who takes the decision they always supported each other.

At one certain point, Oswald (i think its season 2) speaks to the camera and says how positive is it for them to always have a happy attitude, especially towards locals, and to be sincere, it is quite amazing how they almost never loose control of their temper (oswald does a bit on all stars) and how do they always get what their want thanks to their good manners and positive behaviour. Being friendly pays off, and they are the best example

I know none has posted a single thing about these guys, but I thought I should highlight them. For me, they are probably one of the TOP 5 couples to ever participate in any TAR season

:yess:

They proved that being nice and having a positive attitude is enough to propel you to at least 4th place. :tup:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:09:24 PM »
I don't agree with that assessment. Danny and Oswald were not good at navigation, but they were quite good at reading clues, at driving both stick and non-stick shift cars, they are agile, they are quick and they are very intelligent. I think being nice and having a positive attitude was an asset for them, but not larger than those other factors in getting them two 4th place finishes.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 06:18:52 AM »
I don't agree with that assessment. Danny and Oswald were not good at navigation, but they were quite good at reading clues, at driving both stick and non-stick shift cars, they are agile, they are quick and they are very intelligent. I think being nice and having a positive attitude was an asset for them, but not larger than those other factors in getting them two 4th place finishes.

I think what cdfe88 meant was more of being nice and positive can still carry you to fourth place finishes, and that you don't really need to be mean and be a villian to go far in the race. Another team which portrayed this positive and nice attitude was Uchenna and Joyce. I understand that there were other factors involve, but it is an opinion and whether you agree to it or not, it's still a fair and valuable assessment. And the same goes with your assessment as well, it is fair of you to say there were other factors involve, and i'm not going to even try and disagree with you.

:)

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 07:05:37 AM »

I think what cdfe88 meant was more of being nice and positive can still carry you to fourth place finishes, and that you don't really need to be mean and be a villian to go far in the race. Another team which portrayed this positive and nice attitude was Uchenna and Joyce. I understand that there were other factors involve, but it is an opinion and whether you agree to it or not, it's still a fair and valuable assessment. And the same goes with your assessment as well, it is fair of you to say there were other factors involve, and i'm not going to even try and disagree with you.

:)

If having a positive attitutude takes me to 4th place in TAR, I am on it!! at least i would avoid elimination station and race with the winners.  :casey

On the other hand though, I was just trying to highlight the fact that even though luck is a very important in this race, having a positive attitude can really make a difference, not only in the race itslef but with the relationship with your teammate.

It is clear that they were not athletes, it is clear that they did not seem ready  to make it far but both times it was enough for them to travel the world and run this amazing race.

They were not good navigating? probably not and that was probably the reason why they did not make it that far, but hey, Joe Vito and Jill were also awful navigating but never made it that far as Oswald and Danny did.

so maybe the attitude made a difference.

A la salud de Oswald y Danny!  :jam:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 07:27:47 AM »
Well, at least they raced with class and have majority of the viewers liking them for a 4th place finisher.. as compared to teams like Nathan and Jennifer or Joseph and Monica... (dysfunctional and whiney)

And they also showed that you don't need to be so competitive for a 4th place finish as well. *cough* Sorry, it's too Dusty. Anyone wants Candy? (Hope you get it..) :funny:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »
I loved this team because they were always positive, and didn't judge anyone!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
They even took a time out to get pampered :lol:
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 09:08:30 PM »
Let's not forget the contributions to the skill set for Racing that Oswald and Danny contributed. They had the original Fern (although Oswald did have a local help him go to places in the roadblock in South Africa.) They were the first term to strategically use a Fast Forward (due to Danny's bout with Gout in Namibia). They were the first team shown using a concierge to effective benefit (better flight arrangements, saved money on taxi thanks to the free limo to the airport, and the shopping and the latte, all in the Hong Kong leg of TAR 2; and then, the time saving Fast Forward in Hong Kong for All-Stars, which led to the best trip Phil's ever given out -- the Chinese New Year trip to Hong Kong. (Not to mention Danny chasing Phil off the mat, which to me is one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the show.)

Why they were doomed to two fourth-place finishes, I'll never know, but they are the best fourth-place team TAR's ever had.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 09:28:56 PM »

Why they were doomed to two fourth-place finishes, I'll never know, but they are the best fourth-place team TAR's ever had.

Total AMEN to that! Love those guys....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »
Their free upgrade to Business Class with their attitude, and always getting tickets despite the flight being full due to their politeness.

All these helped propel them to the final four as well. Who knows things could get really wrong if they were on a later flight?

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2009, 06:30:27 AM »
Danny and Oswald for TARAS2 Please!  :lol:

Those are A LOT of good points!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2009, 11:23:38 AM »
Not only that, they were actually one of the few teams to draw people to watch the amazing race even after their season ended. Other such teams include Rob and Amber, Dustin and Kandice, Rob and Amber and Colin and Christie. :tup: Not necessarily teams, but enough to draw ratings.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 07:03:50 PM »
They had the original Fern (although Oswald did have a local help him go to places in the roadblock in South Africa.) They were the first term to strategically use a Fast Forward (due to Danny's bout with Gout in Namibia).

I think Rob and Brennan were the first team to do that, considering that, not knowing about levellers, the Fast Forward may have seemed like a great idea for securing a good early flight away from everybody else, setting up a Guido finish tenfold.

Just food for thought.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 07:46:27 PM »
They had the original Fern (although Oswald did have a local help him go to places in the roadblock in South Africa.) They were the first term to strategically use a Fast Forward (due to Danny's bout with Gout in Namibia).

I think Rob and Brennan were the first team to do that, considering that, not knowing about levellers, the Fast Forward may have seemed like a great idea for securing a good early flight away from everybody else, setting up a Guido finish tenfold.

Just food for thought.
IMO, Rob & Brennan didn't use the FF strategically, I think they just used it in the spur of the moment. They used it in the very first leg when nobody knew anything about how the game is really played.
The story so far:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 10:35:46 PM »

Just food for thought.
I just watched AR1 episode 1 the first 15 minutes where teams arrive at "The Smoke That Thuders" (Amie of all people guesses right on what that really is), go to the Knife's Edge, then to Batoka Gorge and received the clue packet with the initial FAST FORWARD in it. Dave and Margaretta were first to start down to Boiling Pot for it, but Rob and Brennan did utilize help and superior speed to get there first. It does not appear to me that there was any particular thought or strategy to it. In fact, one could argue that it was a stupid move because they lost its use for later when it could have been much more strategic for them. The help they got does not qualify as ferns as Rob/Brennan paid for the help after going back to the top of Batoka Gorge.

Rob says "That's the hardest thing I've ever done." Brennan replies "I'll be all right but I don't think anyone else could have done that." The camera cuts to Dave and Margaretta arriving at Boiling Pot and finding out that it was already taken. Rob/Brennan were clearly patting themselves on the back too hard if the oldest couple in the competition can almost beat them to it.

I would like to repeat a statement I have made previously, that I think this move by Rob/Brennan, although strategically wrong, actually aided them in winning AR1. They never had to think about using a subsequent FAST FORWARD and went all-out for the regular tasks without giving it the slightest thought. That made them more efficient.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 11:13:16 PM »
I would like to repeat a statement I have made previously, that I think this move by Rob/Brennan, although strategically wrong, actually aided them in winning AR1. They never had to think about using a subsequent FAST FORWARD and went all-out for the regular tasks without giving it the slightest thought. That made them more efficient.

No one understood for sure what the Fast Forward fully meant on that first leg, because at that point no one knew how the tasks for the legs were structured. nonetheless that doesn't distract from the "Ruthless Efficiency" that was Rob and Brennan, or the truly senesible strategic use of the FF by Oswald and Danny on TAR 2. (As it turned out, the use of the FF by Rob and Brennan saved them only about an hour, based on the start times of the next leg.)

-- theschnauzers

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2009, 12:05:03 AM »
Well, at least they raced with class and have majority of the viewers liking them for a 4th place finisher.. as compared to teams like Nathan and Jennifer or Joseph and Monica... (dysfunctional and whiney)

And they also showed that you don't need to be so competitive for a 4th place finish as well. *cough* Sorry, it's too Dusty. Anyone wants Candy? (Hope you get it..) :funny:

I got the Dusty/Candy thing. :funny: And I liked Nate/Jenn. They were an entertaining dysfunctional team. I especially like them because they manage to bring the drama without annoying me. (Flogoddess <3<3<3)

I do want more Oswald/Danny's though. :P Not only because they were great racers & nice, positive people that managed to bring the comedy/drama everytime, but because they managed to find time to get pampred. :funny: (Can Ida & Tania be considered the Oswald/Danny of TARA? :funny:)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2009, 12:41:03 AM »

I got the Dusty/Candy thing. :funny: And I liked Nate/Jenn. They were an entertaining dysfunctional team. I especially like them because they manage to bring the drama without annoying me. (Flogoddess <3<3<3)

I do want more Oswald/Danny's though. :P Not only because they were great racers & nice, positive people that managed to bring the comedy/drama everytime, but because they managed to find time to get pampred. :funny: (Can Ida & Tania be considered the Oswald/Danny of TARA? :funny:)

I think the Oswald and Danny type of racers that i've only seen on TARA is AD and Fuzzie. They didn't bring the classyness that Chas brought with them, but they sort of raced like Chas.. not caring about being competitive and just going on and on.. and they finished in fourth too. -_-

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 06:03:09 AM »
Raymond and Joab,

My perspective is that you are both right. Ida/Tania and Fuzzie/AD both had that low-key charm and exuberance typical of Oswald/Danny.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2009, 06:24:18 AM »
Raymond and Joab,

My perspective is that you are both right. Ida/Tania and Fuzzie/AD both had that low-key charm and exuberance typical of Oswald/Danny.

My perspective as well! Though I side on Ida and Tania more like Chas because they were both classy and very optimistic during the race.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2010, 11:42:41 AM »
Vidal's Oswald Mendez Will Start Own Business
Hispanic Media Exec Sees Future in Collective Transformation
By Laurel Wentz
Published: April 08, 2010

NEW YORK (AdAge.com) –- Oswald Mendez, one of the U.S. Hispanic market's best-known and most innovative media executives, is leaving the Vidal Partnership after seven years to set up his own business, to be called Collective Transformation.

Oswald Mendez Mr. Mendez, currently Vidal's managing partner, director of integrated communications, has been planning to start his own company since late last year, and will stay at the U.S. Hispanic agency until May to help with the transition at Vidal.

At Collective Transformation, which won't focus specifically on the Hispanic market, Mr. Mendez wants to help companies and brands find their way, especially those that need a catalyst for innovation.

"We want to transform everything we touch by connecting great ideas and like-minded entities, leveraging their collective wisdom to improve people's lives and creating prosperity for everyone in the process," he said. "We are unifiers; facilitators and incubators. I've been looking at what social networks do for the digital space. What if that took place in the real world?"

At Vidal, Mr. Mendez has been best known in recent years for pioneering branded entertainment in the U.S. Hispanic market. For car maker Nissan, he created "The Nissan Re-Match," a reality series in which former World Cup teams from the U.S. and Mexico reunited to train for a showdown soccer match. He also developed a music-based reality show for Sprint, and a prime-time TV special for JC Penney timed to target Black Friday shoppers.

"Content is a big passion of mine," he said.

Vidal Partnership CEO Manny Vidal said Mr. Mendez won't be replaced as a managing partner. The media department, one of the areas Mr. Mendez oversaw, is run by media director Lucilla Iturralde, he said.

"Now content development is second nature to the agency and it's everyone's responsibility," Mr. Vidal said. "We'll always support Oswald, and if we can be one of his first clients, we'd love to. There are ideas we're working on together that we'll continue when he's at his new company."

Mr. Mendez, 39, started his career at McCann Erickson as a global coordinator for Coca-Cola, then created a strategic unit at McCann Erickson in Mexico to improve the agency's media offering. Back in Miami, he rolled out Universal McCann in Latin America. A year's sabbatical followed, which included being a contestant on CBS's "Amazing Race" reality show. He was later called back for the "Amazing Race: All-Stars" series because viewers loved the Cuban-American's laid-back style.

At Collective Transformation, Mr. Mendez is starting with a pro bono account, working with Mount Sinai's Adolescent Health Center to help raise their profile with corporate donors as well as increasing awareness among male teens regarding the services they provide.

"It lets me do some good, and test my business model with a low-risk client," he said.

http://adage.com/hispanic/article?article_id=143197
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2010, 07:51:13 PM »
Thanks for the update, georgiapeach.

I remember thinking that Oswald & Danny were snobs and not liking them in the early part of TAR2, but everything started to change beginning with Fern. 

Once they went shopping in Hong Kong and finished that leg first, plus other things like staying in a hotel lobby while other teams got wet with rain by sleeping out in the streets or spending money on hotels, they totally won me over.

Oswald & Danny are the only reason that I even started reading TAR forums.

They've been my favorite team for the last 8 years.

To me, there's no comparison.  I think Oswald & Danny have more charisma and charm than all the new people from TAR3 to TAR16+ put together.