The Amazing Race > The Racers

Rob and Amber/All Stars

<< < (3/5) > >>

Jobby:

--- Quote from: puddin on May 04, 2007, 10:57:25 PM ---Rob and Amber ready to ‘revolutionize reality TV’
By: ANDY VINEBERG (Fri, May/04/2007)

TRENTON — Reality television made Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich household names.

Now, the couple who met on “Survivor,” teamed up on the “Amazing Race” and had their 2005 wedding filmed for a two-hour CBS special, are planning the most spectacular reality TV series of all time.

At least according to Mariano.

“I can’t tell you everything, but I can tell you certain things about it,” he said Thursday night during the Courier Times-sponsored Reality Television Night at the Trenton Thunder. “It will definitely revolutionize reality TV as we know it.”

Speaking exclusively to the Courier Times, Mariano said the new show, which he will host, will be “bigger than ‘Survivor,’ bigger than ‘Amazing Race.’

“It’s a competition reality show that will last over 100 days on all seven continents of the world,” he added. “First prize is over $10 million.”

Mariano said a nationwide “American Idol”-type search for contestants will begin in June, and the series will premiere next spring.   :hearts:

Judging by the reaction of fans at Thursday’s Thunder game, Rob and Amber are as popular as ever, despite their early exit from this year’s “Amazing Race: All-Stars.” The reigning first couple of reality television posed for photos and signed autographs on the concourse level of Waterfront Stadium for 90 minutes during the game.

Bensalem residents Melissa Taylor and Lori DeFinis, both 17, competed against Rob and Amber in a heated game of musical chairs on the field after the top of the first inning.

“We’re not going to take it easy on you,” Amber promised before the competition.

Not surprisingly, Rob “won” the game, although Taylor accused him of cheating.

“Win at all costs, baby,” Rob said when asked his strategy.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/127-05042007-1341296.html

--- End quote ---

What happened to this? :funny:

Snooky:
Sounds exciting! - me 2 years ago
Congratz on the baby!!

Jobby:

--- Quote ---Another reality TV baby is born as former stars of Survivor and Amazing Race Rob and Amber Mariano welcome a daughter.

Rob told People that the baby, born July 4, "tends to be a bit of a night owl like her daddy." Overjoyed with his new arrival, he added, "She is a perfect baby and we could not have asked for anything more. We are over the moon with happiness."

See other celebrity babies born this year

Weighing in at 6 lbs, 11.5 oz, Lucia Rose's middle name is a tribute to Rob's late grandmother who died Fourth of July.

In 2001, Amber was a contestant on the second season of Survivor. Rob competed on the fourth season, Survivor: Marquesas, but it was on the All-Stars season in 2004 that the two formed an alliance that turned into a romance. During the live finale, in which Amber was announced as the winner and Rob the runner-up, the two became engaged. The Survivor sweethearts then went on to compete in the eleventh season of The Amazing Race where they came in eighth place. In 2005, CBS aired a two-hour special detailing their wedding.

--- End quote ---

Pedaler:

--- Quote ---He's battled through four seasons of Survivor and competed twice with wife Amber on The Amazing Race, but 'Boston' Rob Mariano isn't done with reality TV yet.

Mariano and monster truck impresario Dennis Anderson will star in a new series for History this year, PEOPLE has learned.

In Around the World in 80 Ways, Mariano and Anderson will challenge each other to circumnavigate the globe using 80 different methods of transportation with the caveat that each cannot repeat any way twice.

"I think The Amazing Race gave me a foundation for traveling," Mariano tells PEOPLE. "However, the approach that we are taking in Around the World in 80 Ways is completely different from anything I've done before in that this show will be a celebration of transportation throughout history."

From boats to blimps to the backs of camels, is there a mode of travel Mariano fears the most? "I'm not too fond of anything that keeps me in a confined space," he says. "That is claustrophobia."

After the finale for Survivor: Redemption Island airs on May 14, Mariano will start production with Anderson, the creator and driver of the monster truck called Gravedigger.

Meanwhile, Amber, the winner of Survivor: All-Stars, will stay home with daughters Lucia Rose, 21 months, and Carina Rose, 4 months.

"Being away from my family is always the toughest part about doing these shows," Mariano says. "Luckily, I have a wonderful wife that understands my thirst for adventure and consistently supports me in my quests."
--- End quote ---

I wonder how long the circumnavigation is going to take.  If they can only take an airplane once, that means they are going to have to take a ship across an ocean (probably the Atlantic).  I hope it turns out to be a good show.  I don't watch Survivor so I'm not as sick of seeing  Boston Rob as some of you may be.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20484480,00.html

georgiapeach:
And we have a new place to discuss the show:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25207.msg607914.html#msg607914

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version