Author Topic: Critique the Audition Hopefuls!  (Read 17989 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Re: Critique the Audition Hopefuls!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »
What about that white haired girl who brought her mom. How come her boobs sagged so much??

her mom looks like a  lady who auditioned for Greece....is it the same?? or just someone with that bad hair do...

my brother and i were commenting on how we didnt' think she wore a bra!!! Don't Cha...I almost peeded my pants.

Quote from: Puddin
thought the best of the night, was the "beat box" guy, with the crazy hair. Anybody else think he reminds them of Travis from So You Think You Can Dance?

He did look a bit like Travis...both really really cute...this guy however is Much more manly lol
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2007, 07:57:38 AM »
What about that white haired girl who brought her mom. How come her boobs sagged so much??

Rob, if ever someone is in need of an invervention it is her. LOL She needs foundation assistance!   :rotf:

I can't wait till the Memphis audtion to see who Simon gave a thousand times yes! I've never heard him say that before.

What I love about the auditions is in amongst the horrid, you can get a glimpse of the really good ones like last year's Kellie, Mandisa, Paris who shined at the auditions. Taylor also stood out in his with Paula and Randy giving him his trip to Hollywood, while Simon hated him. It was clear he was something new and different.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 08:07:55 AM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 05:01:29 PM »
I'm hoping that the producers intentionally put Minneapolis and Seattle at the beginning of the audition shows.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 06:28:46 PM »
I looked at the audition schedule for Season 6.

The first city they went to was Los Angeles, followed by ......

San Antonio
New York
Birmingham
Memphis
Minneapolis
Seattle

So they are "showing sort" of showing them in reverse order. I read on another board that they only sent about 33 Hollywood hopefuls from Minneapolis and Seattle combined. And I read in TV Guide that they got 173 total this season. So that means that they still need 140 from the last 5 cities, or an average of 28 from each!!!

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2007, 10:00:15 PM »
I just found out that a guy who used to live in my city, and attended the local college here, will be shown on tomorrow night's show. He lives in Jacksonville now!!! His name is Phil Stacey!!!

Here is a picture of him with his wife Kendra ........

I have not heard how he did though!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 12:20:53 AM »
Kewl Tanny!! I am looking forward to tomorrow night  :jumpy:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2007, 12:31:19 PM »
HOOO Boy, I had a senior moment!  :umn: Simon said.. A MILLION % yes. Was he being sarcastic?

Tanbun, wouldn't it be great if he was talking about your friend Phil! (But not being sarcastic when Simon said YES!)

1 hour tonight, 2 hours tomorrow night. Can't wait!  :jumpy:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2007, 02:20:00 PM »
Published january 22, 2007

Cowell’s bullying goes beyond the pale

AMERICAN EVIL: It’s a good thing that a healthy number of Idol viewers are in junior high or high school, because they’ll be familiar with the dynamic at work on last week’s controversial Seattle episode. A story in Friday’s New York Times reported that Idol had reached “a new low ... when (Idol judge Simon) Cowell likened one contestant to a jungle creature, evoking hysterical laughter from his fellow judges Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson. Mr. Cowell also poked fun at the physical appearance of a contestant who appeared to be mentally handicapped.”

The Times is referring to Kenneth Briggs and Jonathan Jayne, who met waiting in line to audition for the show in Seattle, and contributed to what is considered a highlight – or lowlight, depending on your perspective – of the season so far. It’s undeniable that the Seattle auditions were a painful experience for all involved, and if you were feeling generous, you might excuse Cowell’s mean-spirited treatment of two of the most dismal hopefuls as a cry for help from a man at the end of his moral and emotional tether.

You could also view it as enforcement of standards, from someone tasked with the job of gatekeeper in a closed society with its own rules and rituals – much like the position of bullies in high school. Like the hopeless nerds and misfits in high school, Briggs was obviously desperate for an upgrade in status and – blind to his own shortcomings – saw Idol as his way up.

In a high school environment, he’d suffer regular smackdowns from the unofficial gatekeepers – i.e. bullies, teachers, almost any girl – as part of a harrowing process that would eventually reveal whatever real talent he actually had. Over the horizon, college beckons, with its promises of a new start, a chance to acquire real qualifications, and even revenge. A decade or so after high school, someone like Mr. Briggs could be a millionaire entrepreneur, a politician, or a hopeless mediocrity.

Sadly, high school is probably over for Mr. Briggs, and he’ll probably always be known as “the Bush Baby guy from Idol” – a consequence of a decision he made, as an adult, with consequences to be assumed as an adult. Unfortunately, the Times reported that Jonathan Jayne seems to actually be mentally handicapped, as an “online biography from a private school in Seattle where Mr. Jayne graduated in 2004 notes that his hobbies include participating in the Special Olympics in several sports.”

Which makes Simon Cowell look like the sort of high school bully who never gets dates, because girls won’t go to the prom with a jerk who waits for the short bus to pull up so he can call the kids with branded lunchboxes “’tards.” Which puts the New York Times in the position of the principal, who calls bullies like Cowell into the office to tell them that their behaviour is unacceptable, and to insist that they apologize to Mr. Jayne. Which he’d do, while planning to plant a dog turd in Mr. Jayne’s lunchbox. In the real world, Cowell has to continue sitting on Idol judges’ dais – not punishment enough, at least for this writer, but punishment notwithstanding.

http://www.metronews.ca/column.aspx?id=25422&searchtype=1&fragment=False

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2007, 06:39:32 PM »
All this complaining about the judges being meaner than usual is stupid. First off this show is on the air for its 6th season it should be expected. Also being an religious viewer of the show I actually think that Simon has been rather tame and Randy has been more mean than usual. It's entertainment people know they are going to get made fun of, let's just move on.

Very excited for tonight, I'm hoping we see lots of good talent.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2007, 06:59:32 PM »
All this complaining about the judges being meaner than usual is stupid. First off this show is on the air for its 6th season it should be expected. Also being an religious viewer of the show I actually think that Simon has been rather tame and Randy has been more mean than usual. It's entertainment people know they are going to get made fun of, let's just move on.

Very excited for tonight, I'm hoping we see lots of good talent.

I agree with you. Randy has been much more cutting with his comments. But this is to be expected. Why do they try when it is obvious they they have no talent. Someone should tell them that you are in for ridicule if you do this. (Although I think some apply just to get their 15 minutes.)   :whoop:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2007, 07:43:29 PM »
WOW! I'm loving Sundance Head!  :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2007, 07:52:59 PM »
I just found out that a guy who used to live in my city, and attended the local college here, will be shown on tomorrow night's show. He lives in Jacksonville now!!! His name is Phil Stacey!!!

Here is a picture of him with his wife Kendra ........

I have not heard how he did though!!!
Is he next!? ??

Oh and gogogog Sundance!!  :woohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2007, 07:58:29 PM »
Tannys friend made it   :jumpy:  :woohoo:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2007, 08:20:11 PM »
Wow ........ that was quick work on the vidcaps puddin!!!

He's not really my friend, just used to live here, went to the local university, and worked as children's pastor at a local church. Obviously I was wrong about his wife. I re-read the email I received about him. The woman pictured with him is the one who sent the email to my sister-in-law, who then sent it to me. She is just a good friend of the family, and goes to church with him now!!!

He seems like a great guy, so I wish him lots of luck!!!  :dancer:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2007, 08:21:32 PM »

YAY!!! He was good too! Not only that but they did a feature on him and his wife and baby.!  :dancer:  :jumpy: :woohoo:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2007, 11:29:39 PM »
My favorites tonight:

Sundance
Ben, I believe that was his name, the guy with the really long hair and beard.

Still not a whole lot of talent though, only 22 got through.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 12:15:27 AM »
Wow ........ that was quick work on the vidcaps puddin!!!

He's not really my friend, just used to live here, went to the local university, and worked as children's pastor at a local church. Obviously I was wrong about his wife. I re-read the email I received about him. The woman pictured with him is the one who sent the email to my sister-in-law, who then sent it to me. She is just a good friend of the family, and goes to church with him now!!!

He seems like a great guy, so I wish him lots of luck!!!  :dancer:

Still cool Tanny that you posted his picture and there he was  :jumpy:! I wish him luck as well  :woohoo:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2007, 01:27:07 AM »
IMO, Sundance is going far, possibly to the top 4!   

Jason "Sundance" Head is a chubby guy with a goatee.  The judges were all really impressed with him!  Simon said he probably has one of the best voices in the auditions....in every way. Then just before the guy left, Simon said,  "I'm gonna be amazed if you don't make the finals!"  Before that, Randy said, "100 million percent! This boy's daBomb!"   Paula: "Great audition, Great voice". 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #43 on: January 24, 2007, 01:46:47 AM »
:tup: for Phil Stacy!   
Hey Tanny!  Cool that one of your hometown guys made it to Hollywood & I wish him lotsa luck! He has a purdy good voice.  Is it my imagination or does he resemble Season 5's Chris Daughtry?! 

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2007, 02:29:24 AM »
I checked my tape to make sure, and the guy wearing a cap with the long hair and beard is Sean Michel. 

Paula thought he had a nice tone to his voice, didn't expect it, and said it's kind of soulful.  Randy: 100% Yes---doesn't matter what you look like--you can Blow!
Simon: we were expecting something ??? revolution, but YES. 
(sorry, with Simon's accent, couldn't figure out what he said before "revolution"! )

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2007, 06:24:35 AM »
My favorite from Memphis, Sundance.

What will be interesting is the evolution (if there is one) of these two guys. Sundance and Mr. Castro Revolutionary. Once they get into the final 12 AI begins to help them groom their look. I hope the hair and beard get trimmed at least or I don't see Revolution lasting.

I also loved the blond girl that Randy didn't care for. I thought she had an interesting voice. I don't remember her name... Danielle?

My other favorite of the night was the black backup singer, Melinda. I hope she gets some confidence. If she does she will go far.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2007, 10:07:07 AM »
about the story i pasted...i was just trying to emphasize what they were saying about the big kid friends with "bush baby" his activities were participating in the Special Olympics.  Sometimes when there is a visible disability present...they could be a little nicer...Like that poor girl with the HUGE Jaw...she didn't speak clearly to begin with and you can see a disability....they could have been nicer.

last night was ok...i hope tonight makes me laugh harder!! Sundance Head...what a NAME!!  I burst out laughing...is his name sundance?? or jason?!?!?!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2007, 11:23:58 AM »
about the story i pasted...i was just trying to emphasize what they were saying about the big kid friends with "bush baby" his activities were participating in the Special Olympics.  Sometimes when there is a visible disability present...they could be a little nicer...Like that poor girl with the HUGE Jaw...she didn't speak clearly to begin with and you can see a disability....they could have been nicer.

They could be nicer to those who are clearly disabled. When my hubby and I first saw the 2 guys bonding, I thought it was from last year. I kept asking him are you SURE this isn't from last year?  Didn't they have a similar duo just like this?  :umn:

Surely they could find other's to put on that deserve to be called out like the one who had such a foul mouth last year that they had to bleep out every other word.  :o

Loved Sundance though.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2007, 12:42:22 PM »
saw the preview for tonight...and there is a guy who was from the auditions of New York of So You Think You can dance!

Ian Bernardo from the New York auditions I believe...SOOOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOOOOO Funny

http://www.tubel.ro/modules/news/article.php?storyid=217

hope it plays well...its so funny!!!  and the preview shows him for tonights show...I HOPE it comes up!!!! he's such a DIVA!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: January 24, 2007, 02:38:24 PM »
rotflmao CJ!! thanks for sharing ..the judges totally lost it  :rotf: "WOW"