Author Topic: Critique the Audition Hopefuls!  (Read 17908 times)

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
Critique the Audition Hopefuls!
« on: January 16, 2007, 01:44:45 AM »
Hey, let's have some fun critiquing/discussing the Audition Hopefuls and also guessing who we think will make it to the Top 24!  ;D

Here we goooooo....beginning with the Minneapolis and Seattle auditions! 
:dancer: :geekon:  :jam:  :gaah: :cheer: :hand: :hoot: :funny: :ya3: )-**   :tup:

Tuesday, Jan. 16 (8:00-10:00 PM)
Wednesday, Jan. 17 (8:00-10:00 PM)

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
Re: Critique the Audition Hopefuls!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 07:24:52 AM »
I watched the first night of auditions.

The talent level in Minneapolis must be very low, if what they showed us were the best!!!  :groan:

I thought Matt Sato, the 16 year old guy who sang "California Dreaming" and Sarah Krueger "Over the Rainbow" were the best.

I personally did not like Denise "Crack Baby" Jackson. She reminds me too much of Paris (who I hated) from last season!!!  :hand:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:42:25 AM »
I forgot to set my DVR last night. I need to recall to do that tonight.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:59:14 AM »
rudy i agree with you!!!

u know the talent sucks when the ratio of a 2 hour show is 1-6 1 being the good and 6 being the bad...lol but i still love to watch those who think thye are all that!!! the first girl...they made it over dramatic....
who else though jewel was bit of a !@#$ last night...I thought that woman was nicer than that!! lol
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 10:02:29 AM »
First, I hate the guest judges, they add nothing to what Simon, Randy and Paula bring to the table. And Jewel, gross.

The first girl, I just laughed and laughed at. That was almost too funny, and the guy who was juggling the sticks, I laughed my ass off at him. He totally broke down, which made it even funnier. People are retarded!! I am looking forward to the people tonight!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 10:08:54 AM »
Sarah Krueger "Over the Rainbow" were the best
We have the same taste Tanbuns!
Tonight is the night! This group from Seattle is the one that they have been hyping up and on the previews the past few weeks and its going to be all they said it would be  :rotf:

Oh and Jewel rules  :jam:

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 11:51:44 AM »
What about the girl who imitated and sang like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz?  OMG, that was HORRIBLE!!!!  Or what about the last girl with the heavy black eye makeup and short blond hair who has had 10 years training.  I loved Jewels comment to that:  "you got ripped off" (something like that).   :rotf: :rotf:

These people are either delusional to think they really can sing or just want to be on the show....or both. :groan:

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 12:35:50 PM »
I watched the first night of auditions.

The talent level in Minneapolis must be very low, if what they showed us were the best!!!  :groan:

I thought Matt Sato, the 16 year old guy who sang "California Dreaming" and Sarah Krueger "Over the Rainbow" were the best.

I personally did not like Denise "Crack Baby" Jackson. She reminds me too much of Paris (who I hated) from last season!!!  :hand:

Hey now check out the signature! Idol watchers know and should know by now that the audition episodes are horrible, regardless if there is talent or not the majority of this part shows the bad people. That's why I hate it so much, I want to see the talent, the bad people aren't entertaining anymore.

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 12:49:05 PM »
I can't argue with you there much, BballKates. I know that in the audition rounds, they mostly show us the "worst of the worst"!!!

But still, didn't they say only 17 of the nearly 10,000 Hollywood hopefuls moved on!!! That's not very good!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 04:40:09 PM »
I can't argue with you there much, BballKates. I know that in the audition rounds, they mostly show us the "worst of the worst"!!!

But still, didn't they say only 17 of the nearly 10,000 Hollywood hopefuls moved on!!! That's not very good!!!
thats right Tanny.. we just watched it again and were  :rotf:. I forgot about the Navy dude..( I'm bad with names ) but thought he was decent. The girl with the Lion voice from the Wizard of Oz just about killed me to hear her again  :rotf:

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 04:52:19 PM »
I watched it last night with my hubby and I thought it was okay at best.

I feel like this is a competion on " The Next William Hung".

Most of these ppl know they can't sing and go on the show just to be on tv. That was funny the first few years but now its just annoying.  I don't know if I just got old over night, but I don't have the attention span for this crap  :groan:. Paula isn't even into it anymore. At one point she looked half asleep or half drunk  :lol:

The best part of the show for me is when they do get to Hollywood. The gimmicks are gone.  :woohoo:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 05:11:14 PM »
Well, Paula looked half drunk mostly because she probably was.

But I totally disagree about the auditions. These people have built themselves up soooo much in life, that they don't have touch with Reality anymore. It is so much fun to hear these people sing awful, and I do think that SOME of them think they can REALLY sing. Especially that first girl who broke down. You cannot tell me that wasn't funny? LOL Maybe I am just an ass, and enjoy that stuff, but I still think the auditions are the best.

They are not designed to show the best, that is what Hollywood is for, it is designed to show us th worst. The great thing about AI is that it is basically 3 shows, Auditions, Hollywood, The Finals. Very good show!!

Rob

Offline shadia

• RFF Full Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 06:06:25 PM »
Well, Paula looked half drunk mostly because she probably was.

But I totally disagree about the auditions. These people have built themselves up soooo much in life, that they don't have touch with Reality anymore. It is so much fun to hear these people sing awful, and I do think that SOME of them think they can REALLY sing. Especially that first girl who broke down. You cannot tell me that wasn't funny? LOL Maybe I am just an ass, and enjoy that stuff, but I still think the auditions are the best.

They are not designed to show the best, that is what Hollywood is for, it is designed to show us th worst. The great thing about AI is that it is basically 3 shows, Auditions, Hollywood, The Finals. Very good show!!

Rob

Oh, don't get me wrong. I understand the design of the show, but I am just saying that there seems to be more ppl doing gimmicky things just to be on tv knowing they can't sing.

With they way they edit the show, it dosen't look like the judges are in the room for half the madness that we see. It's like they <judges> are reacting to a monitor or something. I don't know, like I said maybe I am just getting to old. lol

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 06:35:35 PM »
Also they did a terrible job of editing. For example last night when the obsessive AI fan came out you could hear, Denise, the crack baby doing her audition. It just felt predictable and dragged. Also I can guarantee you they bypass good people early on to let lousy people through. In the first round of auditions they heard you into a big stadium and line you up a table for who knows, random camera guys who work for AI to listen to you sing for 2 seconds. I highly doubt they get a good read on talent, it's just ridiculous. Instead of letting bad people through why not actually get credible people to listen to the preliminary auditions.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »
I agree, they need to do a better job at showing the judges. It seems like it is very forced edited.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 07:56:37 PM »
Oh the brother and sister were too cute in Seattle tonight! Shawna Lee and Sun Jaia << no idea how tp spell their names  :jumpy:

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 08:16:21 PM »
What about that white haired girl who brought her mom. How come her boobs sagged so much??

Offline BballKates

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I Love TV!
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 10:13:32 PM »
Tonight was not much better. The girl who sang Celine had quite the voice for a 16 year old and I liked the guy with the afro. Still no one that has blown me away or at least made me think they can win the show. Gosh I really hope it get's better.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 10:27:30 PM »
I liked the 16 yr old girl too and Rudy and the dude with the spiked hair.

LOL Rob!! that was disgusting!  :rotf:

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2007, 02:49:34 AM »
What about the girl who imitated and sang like the cowardly lion in the Wizard of Oz?  OMG, that was HORRIBLE!!!!  Or what about the last girl with the heavy black eye makeup and short blond hair who has had 10 years training.  I loved Jewels comment to that:  "you got ripped off" (something like that).   :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf:  The "lion gal" was hilariously ridiculous!!  And how about that guy dressed as "Apollo Creed" ...suited like Unc Sam with boxing gloves!  Yikes! For a guy who actually could sing arias, I don't think he really wanted to be picked!! He was just there for the attention as are most of the duds.  Most are truly sincere...they just don't realize they do NOT have talent.   
 :groan:  In the meantime, we get plenty of laughs from the auditions, so it's worth it!   :lolmao:
These people are either delusional to think they really can sing or just want to be on the show....or both. :groan:
Yeh, that sums it up, RF!  :lol: 

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2007, 07:14:18 AM »
Puddin ...... I thought you said Seattle was a better night for auditions!!! I guess it was, but not by much.

I thought the best of the night, was the "beat box" guy, with the crazy hair. Anybody else think he reminds them of Travis from So You Think You Can Dance?

Also pretty good was Rudy. He was (I think) the last guy to sing on day one. He did a song from Journey, and Simon didn't like him.

The best female of the night was 16yo Jordin. Don't remember much else about her.

Funniest moments were ....

Mischa (needs a bra, bad hair girl) who was there with her mother, and Nick Zitsmann, the software salesman with the crazy eyes!!! 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
Puddin ...... I thought you said Seattle was a better night for auditions!!! I guess it was, but not by much.

I thought the best of the night, was the "beat box" guy, with the crazy hair. Anybody else think he reminds them of Travis from So You Think You Can Dance?

Also pretty good was Rudy. He was (I think) the last guy to sing on day one. He did a song from Journey, and Simon didn't like him.

The best female of the night was 16yo Jordin. Don't remember much else about her.

Funniest moments were ....

Mischa (needs a bra, bad hair girl) who was there with her mother, and Nick Zitsmann, the software salesman with the crazy eyes!!! 

Best for funny not for talent  :lol:! Nashville next ..can't wait !

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 01:20:00 AM »
In Minneapolis:

Sarah Krueger was the Best!  I see her going far! 

The Navy guy, Jarrod Fowler, stationed on the USS Ronald Reagan was purdy good as was blondie Michelle Steingas.  She had a hint of country in her voice. 

The gal who repairs cars, in the Reserves & hubby in Iraq...did a good job. She needs a new hairdoo tho! 

Matt Sato singing California Dreamin was good. 

I must still watch the Seattle tape! :waves:

Offline tanbuns

• Puddin's Boy Toy
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Birthday Jesus
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 07:08:51 AM »
Actually puddin, I think they are going to be in Memphis!!!

The south has been very good to American Idol over the years. Goodness knows they are already needing some help this season!!!  :lol:

I did a breakdown of the Top 12 from each of the five seasons. Here are the leaders ........

California 8
North Carolina 5
Georgia 5
Texas 5
Florida 4
New York 4
Alabama 3
Tennessee 3
Ohio 3

When you look at only the top 5 ........

Alabama 3
North Carolina 3
Georgia 3
Texas 3
Tennessee 2
California 2
Ohio 2

Who made top 3 ........ Only 10 states represented!!! Seven of them are southern states!!!

Top 2 picks ......... Seven of the 10 contestants are from the south.

Winners ........ Four of the five winners are from southern states.

Does this mean that there are better singers in the south, or that people from the south just watch more television and vote more often?  :lolmao:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 10:05:48 AM »
OH Memphis, ok thanks Tanny and thanks for the short list of locations.