Author Topic: Early Show Promo  (Read 2979 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Early Show Promo
« on: January 26, 2004, 05:31:54 PM »
Thanks again to  ;)
  http://www.survivorfever.net/index8.html

Early Show Promo

VoiceOver Transcript:

Tracy Smith:  For the 18 all stars this is the ultimate do over.  A 2nd shot at a once in a lifetime experience.  It's also a testament to the enduring phenomenon that's Survivor.  

JP:  If you had told me 4 years of Survivor, I wouldn't have bet my house.  Which I didn't own at the time of the bet... that we wouldn't last this long.

TS:  With increased competition from every network, Survivor isn't just Surviving it's thriving.  The recent Pearl Islands finale was seen by more than 25 million viewers.

JP:  The biggest question is why is Survivor still on and why do people like it.  Who really knows. It definitely helps being first, and we were first.  We  grabbed people.

TS:  Having contestants eat live bugs certainly grabbed people.  It looks kinda tame today.

JP:  Welcome to the Survivor smoothie bar.

TS:  While some challenges have left viewers wincing, the locales have made us wonder.

TS:  Like any other backstage pass, the press has traveled the world to cover Survivor.   And 8 seasons later we're still here.  Survivor host Jeff Probst has certainly became popular but so have some of the show's past contestants.  Keith Famie has been cooking on the Food Network.  Neleh Dennis and Sean Kenniff have become local TV personalities.  You may have seen Colby Donaldson recently pitching razors

Colby:  That is something that I will definitely be looking forward to is a nice clean shave with a shick quatro, when it's all done.

TS:  Of course not every Survivor has been able to extend their 15 minutes of fame and not every season was a winner.

RH:  there were a couple of seasons that I thought the show was getting a little dry... hint, hint, Africa.  It was so dry that the players were depleted.  But I think they've fixed that and found their niche.

TS:  Ben Pappas has covers reality TV for US Weekly which has dedicated numerous covers to Survivor.

TS:  Did you really think that we'd be here for Survivor 8?

Ben:  JP and I have this conversation almost every Survivor.  I think it's here to stay.  I think it's really in the casting.  Of course the locations are great, the challenges come and go but it's the people that make it great.

TS:  18 of those people are back and the show's creator is already predicting a hit.

MB:  Great blockbuster movies have a great concept and huge stars, marquee stars.  These are our marquee stars.  Survivor All Stars will be a blockbuster.  

RH:  Is there such a thing as the All Stars of All Stars?  How long can Survivor go on?  I think it can go on pretty long.  It's still got more viewers than friends.  It's that real television.  Where people can say "hey would I have done that"?  They love that, they are drawn to it.  It's good TV.

TS:  And CBS has agreed to carry two more season of the show after the all stars series wraps up this spring.

Rene Syler: Wasn't there some talk of having a celebrity Survivor?

TS:  There was but Mark Burnett has said "why put B-list celebrities and an A-list show?

And you could find more here on The Early Show...  

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/earlyshow/main500202.shtml
  Video  

The highly anticipated 'Survivor: All Stars' airs after the Super Bowl this Sunday, as 18 contestants have the ultimate do-over. The Early Show's Tracy Smith has more.  

Video  

Jeff Handicaps All- Stars  

Story  

'Old' Survivors Set For New Game

:D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2004, 05:36:03 PM by ~puddin~ »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Early Show Promo
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 11:22:52 AM »
Good story.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 01:05:04 AM »
Thanks for posting seeing as I missed the early show.  I like that last quote by Mark Burnett regarding have a celebrity survior " why put B list celebrities on an A list show"  I totally agree on that. ;D.  The B list celebs would try to get their 15 mins. of fame and more by trying to be more whiny, outrageous and backstabbing.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 01:58:25 PM »
 ;D Your cracking me up Bathfizzy...lol

I'm pretty sure that  Friday morning, The Early Show will show some promo's from the first ASS challenge! It ought to be Good ;)!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004, 08:02:13 AM »
The Name Of The Game  http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/01/29/earlyshow/series/survivor/main596652.shtml

PEARL ISLANDS, Jan. 30, 2004

(CBS) The last time “Survivor” followed a Super Bowl, more than 45 million viewers tuned in. Now, three years later and with a cast of “All-Stars,” it is poised to return CBS' top reality show to the top of the ratings.

CBS News Correspondent Tracy Smith caught up with the players and producers to see how the game has changed for this special edition.

When “Survivor: All-Stars” premieres after Sunday's Super Bowl, it's sure to be a blockbuster night for CBS with tens of millions tuned in to hear four little words: "The tribe has spoken."

Their torches have been snuffed once before. Most of the "All-Stars" are returning for a second chance and many of them with changed lives.

Lex Van Den Berghe quit his day job and got himself a new tattoo.

Colby Donaldson landed a girlfriend. He says, “The coolest thing was, right before I left, she said, 'Know that you're going away, and in seven weeks, you're going to come home to a girl that absolutely loves you.'"

And "Big Tom" Buchanan learned how to read.

Back in Africa, he admitted, “How many million people watching and I can't spell? And I said, 'Learn. Don't be like Big Tom. Learn to read. And reading will learn you to spell and stuff.'”

It's at tribal council where the fate of the “Survivor: All-Star” cast will be determined. But what's become of some of “Survivors”'s past stars who you won't be seeing? Those who were not invited to this newly crafted ring of “Survivor" elite?

Three contestants who survived all of their tribal councils will not be here. They are the winner's of "Survivor" Pearl Islands, Thailand and Marquesas: Sandra Diaz-Twine, Brian Heidik and Vecepia Towery, respectively.

Show host Jeff Probst says, “It’s very tough deciding whether winners should get an instant invite. In the case of someone like Vecepia, name a Vecepia moment. Name one moment about Vecepia. That's not to say she's not a great player. She won.”

Of the non-winners, the biggest no-show may be Mike Skupin, the guy who, after falling into a fire pit in the Outback, became the only contestant unable to complete the game.

So why not Skupin? Executive producer Mark Burnett says, “Well, everybody was not completely available in their life. I mean, it was a big thing to give up eight weeks. I’m not saying I would have put Skupin in, but I happen to know that it wasn't really possible in his current life.”

Two contestants who were pursued but declined are Colleen Haskell, who went on to star in a feature film soon after season one and Elisabeth Filarski, now Elisabeth Hasselbeck, the new co-host on ABC's "The View."

Hasselbeck says, "I just thought I did it. I'm done with it. Time to move on."

But with so many great contestants to choose from, how did producers know when to stop?

Burnett says, "I could have had 24 people here and it would have been a great game. But there comes a time when the real estate, the amount of television time, how many characters you can tell a story of? And 18, I think, is the outer limits."

Of those 18, four are winners, all of whom share relatively low odds of a repeat victory.

Burnett says, "I think all of the winners, especially Richard, have targets on their backs. No one made them come. They chose to come. I'm not going to level any playing field. This is fate."

His advice? "You know what? The true sign of a champion: be a champion. Don't hide it, and still play better than the others,” he says.

At the art department, where challenges are designed and built, there is a lot of pressure to find new ways to test the game's best players.

Jon Kierhoffer says, “They're the ‘All Star’ personalities from the show. The challenges will be as tough as any we've ever done."

He is “Survivor"'s challenge producer and notes, “We decided the only thing appropriate would be to choose our favorite challenges from the previous seven seasons and pump them up a little bit.”

So the first All-Star challenge will be a repeat of the first "Survivor" challenge ever: Quest For Fire. But while the game may look familiar to the Survivors, the pressure to prove their all-star status may be the toughest challenge of all.

Probst notes, "I'm telling you it's not going to be comfortable out here. They are the All-Stars. All they talk about is: 'We're the best, we're the…' They're going to prove it this time. And it wont be easy."

You can catch the premiere of "Survivor: All-Stars" this Sunday on CBS right after the Super Bowl.

And don't forget to watch The Early Show Monday morning to get all the dirt and details from the first all star sent packing.

Theresa

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2004, 10:50:45 AM »
Thanks, fun reading.

Offline BeyondRealLife

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Prepare to be exiled!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 02:29:55 PM »
That was a really good read puddin, I never get to see the show cuz I out the door and one my way to school when it starts.
BRL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004, 08:24:58 PM »
Me too BRL ..I;ll always record it while i'm at the bus stop..plus I keep a tv in the car.. 8)
Does anyone know how to make Vidcaps from the TV??