Author Topic: Amazing Race Board Game  (Read 6401 times)

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Amazing Race Board Game
« on: December 25, 2006, 11:12:37 AM »
First of all....MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE :cmas9

Okay, I'm very excited....I got The Amazing Race DVD Board Game today :yess:   I cannot WAIT to play it...when family is all ready.  It might be hard to get daughter away from her present though....a new laptop.  We got a good deal on it.  Plus she had a VERY old computer.  Didn't even have XP on it and couldn't put her iTunes on it.  She didn't have any word processing program on it and had to use hubbys.  So it will come in VERY handy for her school work.

If we get a chance to play the game shortly, I'll try to come back on to let you know what it's like.  :jumpy:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Amazing Race Board Game
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 01:57:18 PM »
I saw the game while shopping at the mall last weekend.  I asked for it for Christmas, but I got the LOST board game instead.  That game is confusing as heck. 

I think I may buy it myself, but I don't know anyone (except for those here at RFF) that watches The Amazing Race and would want to play it with me.   :cmas5  Oh well.   RJ, tell us how the game is!  I wanna know!

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 02:13:40 PM »
I have added the TAR game to our online store:
http://astore.amazon.com/realityfanfor-20/102-8402639-5100105?%5Fencoding=UTF8&node=5

or go to http://store.realityfanforum.com and click Reality TV Games on the left hand side!

Rob

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 12:17:12 AM »
I saw the game while shopping at the mall last weekend.  I asked for it for Christmas, but I got the LOST board game instead.  That game is confusing as heck. 

I think I may buy it myself, but I don't know anyone (except for those here at RFF) that watches The Amazing Race and would want to play it with me.   :cmas5  Oh well.   RJ, tell us how the game is!  I wanna know!

My hubby and I FINALLY played it late last night and while it was fun, it most definitely is a group game where you can have teams.  You "spin" the spinner on the screen and you move where it says.  Mostly they are route markers and you have to answer something about the city you're in.  Occasionally the route marker will be a Detour or Roadblock but mostly just regular route markers.  We played a short game (once around the board...long game is twice).  You see video clips and when you land on a "Pit Stop" on the board, then you click it on your DVD and you hear Phil say what he does about resting and when my hubby came behind me (yes, I won), Phil would say he was last to arrive but fortunately for him it's a non-elim.  We wonder if there are more then two people or teams, would someone actually get eliminated or what.   The final stretch....8 away from winning, you have to answer a question about the final destination city.  If you miss it, you have to wait your turn to answer it again.  Each square is a different question.  My hubby caught up to me but like I said I did win...barely.  It was fun and can't wait to play again, hopefully soon with others.

I hope that explination helped some.  So, how was your Christmas?  Hope you had a great one. :cmas52

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 03:09:51 AM »
Wow RF...that sounds like a really fun game!  I'll hafta run over to RFF's store to ck the price.
Thanks for the great info! 
Vuday  :cmas17 :hugs:

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 09:14:25 AM »
The game does sound fun, but I don't think anyone I know would play it with me.  I might just have to convert some people into TAR fans, lol!

My Christmas was excellent.  I got Survivor: Vanuatu on DVD and I saw the first episode's commentary.  I don't usually watch the commentaries for the Survivor DVDs, but this season is my favorite out of all the seasons released.

Offline reality.tv.

• RFF Full Member
  • Now all we need is The Amazing Race Canada!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 05:55:01 PM »
is there away you can set the game to have eliminations in it? it boring without them..........I WON!
BB10 RENNY FAN FOREVER!