Author Topic: Celebrity Big Brother UK  (Read 62842 times)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Celebrity Big Brother UK
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2007, 08:50:28 AM »
James, I'm on the same page as you when I didn't quit get Shilpa in this episode. Being so down I wanted to slap her, and I like her! But I think it was a mix of Jackie and as you say, being too close to home. I think Shilpa is hurt because people see her as uppity, snobbish and upper crust when deep down (at least it seems) she isn't. I don't think she wanted that sterotype and it's been thurst on her because of this whole servent task.

Then later in the show we see Jackie (and this has been my first exposure to her) and how she goes on and on, and I think that has added to Shilpa's aloofness. (sorry Shilpa, you ARE being aloof).

Now as for Jade, I can't believe how dumb she really is. Yes, the bit with Jermaine was uncomfortable. "No one knows how high the sky is." LOL. Ken is having an epiphiny moment and she ruins it with her stupidity. Well, actually didn't ruin it, that's what makes the show. LOL Ironic how I've never had a moment where I couldn't understand her. I didn't realize it was a problem for anyone else.

Back to Jackie, no matter what the rumour say, I think she is gone tomorrow. How can she not be? If she is what's causing the ratings to take a nose-dive, she will receive the least number of votes. Because of her Donny and now Ken have fled. (Though I'm just speculating on why Ken left from the bedroom scene). "Oh dry up!" Classic! You go Ken! Well, sorry to see you go. I'd rather have more Ken than Jackie any day.

TheCinera, yes feel free to email me. I've been working on the problem of downloads and I think I may have it licked, but I should try the MiRC way as well. Especially if it's faster. Normally it takes me about (when its working properly) an hour and a half to download a show.

Hmmmm, anything else? I have yet to see last nights show thoguh I do have it downloaded. I hope to watch that as well as tonights show tonight and be right on top of things by tomorrow.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2007, 10:23:52 AM »
James, there is one question I was going to ask considering I've only seen the last season of Big Brother along with this one.
Is it usually very common for people to just walk out? I don't recall the last time they ever did that in the American version and this is the one thing that has taken me by surprise. So far I've seen Shahbaz, George, Donny and Ken all leave. Even Dawn (in my opinion) walked on her own. Is this normal? Do they normally send in replacements or not? Thanks!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2007, 03:38:49 PM »
I was puzzled by Big Brothers quick response to Jackie asking for the heat to be turned down till I realized that everyone else was comfortable with the heat. Big Brother sure is a stinker. I think Big Brother needs to go on Holliday again! LOL

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2007, 04:11:54 PM »
I was puzzled by Big Brothers quick response to Jackie asking for the heat to be turned down till I realized that everyone else was comfortable with the heat. Big Brother sure is a stinker. I think Big Brother needs to go on Holliday again! LOL
I could see Nikki saying: "I'm so cold!!!!!  COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!  You need to turn down the air con."   :rotf:

Jeff, check your e-mail.  Sent you the link to the instructions for mIRC. 

I still haven't seen Day5 (Sunday's episode) yet.  I've been a little busy today, and I'm still scared to see it (Jade and Jackiey are annoying). 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2007, 04:58:37 PM »
Just checked email. Have not received it yet.
Don't worry, the episode is fine. Too many other good bits.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2007, 05:13:55 PM »
If you don't get the e-mail anytime soon, I'll try resending it. 
Alright, I'll try watching the episode sometime in-between Snakes on a Plane & Big Day. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2007, 10:03:11 PM »
nope, still didn't receive it. Hope you've got the email right.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2007, 10:44:18 PM »
Anyone see BBLB from day 5? "The guy from the A-Team is sweeping the floor and won't stop." Classic.  :lol: :rotf:

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
  • The Amazing Race hits the UK!
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2007, 04:26:58 AM »
Hi Guys!

Well, another great piece of TV last night (Monday's episode) - Ken and Jade were priceless, although I thought that considering what Jade's actually capable of when she really gets angry (and you guys have GOT to check out her season's highlights DVD!), she wasn't actually that bad to him.

"I think you're a bit demented love, you should be wearing a strait jacket!"

Superb - Ken tells it like it is!

Is it just a coincidence that Jade was mentioning her grandad and getting tearful and then lo and behold him and her gran arrive for dinner?! Or did she know they were coming, I wonder? I must admit that when I saw them arrive my heart sank, I thought how much more of this can we take - HOWEVER, they were a breath of fresh air on the show and led me to wonder on more than one occasion how on earth two such normal kindly old folk managed to give birth to the demented creature that is Jackiey! Even Jermaine and Shilpa (or Shipla as she still seems to be called more often than not!) seemed a lot happier when they were there.

The only sour thing for me was Leo Sayer and his foulmouthed assesment of the evening once he got back to the Servants' quarters. He's coming across as increasingly bitter, and I couldn't believe his whole conversation the other night about how he hates "celebrity" and the whole "celebrity culture" - HELLO, did you not think when you applied for *Celebrity* Big Brother that there might be a fair amount of that involved?!

What else, oh yes, it was interesting to get a bit more of a glimpse into Jackiey, the lesbian ex-prostitute! I still think she actually has some kind of mental problems, you can tell from the way she talks and seems to be shaking all the time.

So, as for people walking out - well, I'm trying to cast my mind back, I have seen all the series as they were on but get mighty confused as to which was which.

So - (thanks Wikipedia!) it looks like no-one walked out until BB3, when 2 people walked out but were both replaced by new housemates.

(As an aside, here's what BB3's Wikikpedia page has to say about Jade:

Housemate Jade Goody became notorious for startling feats of ignorance. She harboured the belief that Mother Teresa was related to Albert Einstein (which she pronounced Heinzstein) and Sherlock Holmes (whom she believed invented toilets), that Rio de Janiero was a person and East Anglia was a foreign country. Two of her most famous quotes, both of which indicate the paucity of her general knowledge are: "They were trying to use me as an escape goat" and "Do they speak Portuganese in Portugal?". It is emblematic of today's society that Jade Goody has come out the house the most well off, admitting in Sky One's show Why reality TV is good for you that she is a millionairess; the tabloids started a hate campaign of unseen proportions during her stay in the house, before switching to giving her sympathetic coverage when they began to fear that she might be psychologically damaged if she left the house to be met by the hatred they had helped to foment.)

On BB5, no-one walked out but two people were removed from the house against their wishes - one ( a girl) for severe agression againat other housemates whilst drunk, and the other (another girl!) for continually breaking the rules and trying to be a rebel. I think they were replaced as well...

On BB6, someone actually left the house on Day 65 which seems crazy to me! She was also replaced by someone who had earlier failed to make it into the house from a 'secret garden' (like the house next door from BB7), 3 people lived there for a few days and then only 2 made it into the house.

So, yeah, people have walked out quite regularly!

Was that in depth enough for you? LOL...

James

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2007, 01:23:12 PM »
That information was very much appreciated.
I tried to download last nights episode but I couldn't find it anywhere! I see it's available now. I hope I don't have to wait for tonights episode till tomorrow because I may have time to watch them both later tonight.
So, any favorites? Personally Leo is beginning to grate on my nerves. I'm really liking Cleo or Dirk. Is it just me or is Jo hiding half the time? I rarely see her unless she's nowhere smoking a cig.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2007, 04:38:30 PM »
Celebrity Big Brother Update:
Spoiler Warning: Highlight if you want to see who was just evicted from CBB
No surprise here. Jackie was evicted.
I accidentaly saw this while browsing around the internet at worrk. TheCinera, that IS the big drawback of having the show to popular. I"m sure it's hard for James to NOT here who is evicted once it happens.
So, thoughts anyone?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2007, 04:49:27 PM »
Well, Jeff, did you ever get the e-mail?  If not, then I'll send it again. 

I did just see BBLB Day 5, and Chantelle has black hair!  I dont like it, she looks too emo.  She was cuter when she had blonde hair.  She was funny talking about Dirk (or "Duck" as Shilpa calls him).  Jermaine was meloning (whatever that means).  Still need to see Day5 daily.  I have the rest of the night free so I may catch up on that or finish the rest of Two-a-days.  Whichever.

Yeah, poor James, he'd have to not get the daily paper in the morning, not log online, and not turn on his TV news just to aviod news of the eviction.  It's ok, I don't mind the BB spoliers.  The only spoliers I don't like are TAR spoliers cause that is a quality show! 

My favorites so far are Leo, Shilpa, and Danielle.  Cleo is a great watch too.  Shilpa and Danielle are good looking.   :-[  Anyone have their picks for the winner?  Or at least the 6 who will make it to the finals?  My pick if for Dirk to win.  He'll at least make it to the finals.

Thank you James for all that Info.  I am so glad we got someone from the UK who watches BB in the forum.   :hugs:

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #62 on: January 11, 2007, 05:25:03 AM »
Well luckily enough for me, I did catch the eviction show as it happened... I say luckily, I did have to endure the evicted houseguest's interview which was nearly as bad as their time in the house!

But yeah, otherwise I would have logged on to my Yahoo account this morning to immediately find out who was evicted which could have been annoying, plus, yeah, a quick glance at this morning's news stand or watching TV this morning would also have spoiled it.

I'm with you though, it doesn't actually matter too much to me to know who goes and who stays with BB UK, because it doesn't really affect the rest of the game in the same way as an eviction from BB USA or Survivor does. Since there aren't alliances as such then it's anyone's guess as to who's out next, whereas who goes in BB USA or Survivor can have a major impact on the way the rest of the game plays out.

In BB UK, it's really down to who's annoying people, they'll be nominated and then they'll probably get evicted too - the downside of this is that nine times out of ten, you get left with the most boring people under the sun in the house at the end because they didn't annoy anyone so they never get nominated... I'm thinking Imogen BB7!

Before catching the eviction show (I only saw the eviction part of it and not the Day 7 recap, might get to see that tonight), I caught up with Day 6, which saw the end of the master and servants task.

Some of the UK BB sites had people claiming they abandoned the task because of the tension it was causing, but it seems to me they didn't plan it to last for more than a couple of days anyway so that seems a bit far fetched. However, it's clear it was getting to some of them by the end, Leo in particular had reached a bad place as his behaviour on Day 6 showed - I started to worry about him actually with his sullen childlike behaviour in the morning (and demanding his contract was priceless!), and then the 360 degree turnaround in the afternoon when they were finally allowed out, back to his manic self. I think he's right, being put in that situation really has brought out a not very nice side of him.

Anyway, I thought Dirk and Shilpa was quite amusing, he's been quite sweet about it, and I can understand as she's an extremely attractive woman! She seems a bit embarassed about the whole thing though...

Jackiey couldn't resist getting into another row though, unbelievable! Over some takeaway menus... okay, whatever!

So, who do I like... well, yeah Dirk's been quite fun, I like Shilpa for obvious reasons, Cleo is too nice for her own good, I think I also like Ian more than I expected having previously found him to be a bit of a fool!

TAR spoilers -yeah I've been trying to avoid them too but I'm itching to know which teams are actually in the race. Seems impossible to do without finding out which order they finish in (and I might have accidentally seen the final three - D'OH!)

James

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #63 on: January 11, 2007, 05:30:00 AM »
One thing I meant to say was - I'm sure Davina said last Friday night that the two members of "the family" who got the least votes would be leaving - I'm presuming that they cut that back to one because of Donny and Ken walking out!

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: January 11, 2007, 08:51:36 AM »
James, I don't recall her saying the bottom two would be eliminated but I can double-check that tonight. I've got the episode on my home computer.
As for Tuesday's show; I was thinking I missed a spoiler because Leo looked like he was going home for sure. Then he gets his contract, and effectively says 'oh', and not another word is spoken. LOL I'm surprised as many people like him. The whole Dirk (or Duck) and Shilpa (or Shipla) thing was funny. Dirk is a great sport and so is Shilpa. I would have to agree, it would be far to hard for the two of them because of the age and culture difference.

Big Brothers Little Brother; I've been trying to keep up on this. That Dermot is a stinker, making me think Shilpa left the house. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Loved the visit to Davina's room, why do I like her so much? I've come to really like Dermot. I'm glad there is a 'spin-off' news show that I like.

I was real close to having last nights show downloaded. Well, it's available tonight when I get home.

Cinera, I never got any mail from you yet.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: January 11, 2007, 02:47:42 PM »
I just remembered the funniest part I've seen so far was when Ken was doing the Catherine Tate bit, "But am I bothered?" when Jade was jumping down his throat after he made some cheese and crackers. Great stuff Ken! LOL  :lol: :rotf:

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #66 on: January 12, 2007, 02:25:38 AM »
I just remembered the funniest part I've seen so far was when Ken was doing the Catherine Tate bit, "But am I bothered?" when Jade was jumping down his throat after he made some cheese and crackers. Great stuff Ken! LOL  :lol: :rotf:

Oh yeah, that was classic! I also enjoyed his impression of Pete when he went into the house, all goes to show he's not as old and out of it as some might like to think!

I have nothing new to add as I haven't seen anything else for a day or so but I was just wondering if you guys listen to the RFF Radio podcast - I'm catching up at the moment and the last one I heard was from early December where someone (Mark?) left a voicemail to say that Celeb BB was coming in the UK and it was going to have K-Fed and the Hoff on it... I just wondered if anyone had done a follow up voicemail to say who's actually on it (and try and recruit some more viewers!)

If not, I might just leave my first voicemail today, I've been meaning to leave one for a while but I wanted to have something useful to add instead of just 'yeah Trevor's laugh is really strange'!

James

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: January 12, 2007, 07:07:13 AM »
James, I think all three of us should! I've been meaning to call for the past few days and will try and call again today. I wanted to wait till the first eviction.

Oh, and believe it or not, I'm totally caught up! I just finished Thursday's show. What I'm upset about is they did not show nominations. However, they did mention who is up for eviction. Highlight below if you want to find out.

Spoiler:
Carole, Dirk and Leo are all up for eviction. I think Leo may be leaving after that whole 'contract' thing.

Offline JamesUK

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #68 on: January 12, 2007, 07:25:38 AM »
Ha, so you're ahead of me now - well how did that happen, eh?!  :lol:

How on earth did they not show nominations - that's just weird. That's never ever happened before, normally we always get to see nominations. Did they not explain why we didn't see them?

Perhaps Thursday night's show was so packed full of exciting happenings that they didn't have time to show them!

Okay Rob and Trevor, brace yourselves for a voicemail from the UK!!

James

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: January 12, 2007, 09:53:11 AM »
James, I did end up calling (with luck my call won't be dropped this time) and I gave a brief description of who thye are. However, it would be great to hear who the celebrities are from a UK perspective.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: January 12, 2007, 10:18:11 AM »
I just found an interesting little tidbit. Guess which Indian actress guest starred as a guest-judge on Indian Idol back in 2004? Yep, Shipwa errrr Shilpa Shetty.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #71 on: January 12, 2007, 10:22:48 AM »
Yes, James, that was me who left the voicemail about K-Fed and The Hoff back in Decemeber.  My real name is Mark.  I never even thought about doing a follow-up voicemail.  Maybe I might call this weekend about something (maybe news of Tonight's eviction?).  Can't wait to listen to the podcast to hear what you both had to say!

I am WAAAYYY behind.  I haven't even seen the episode of Ken's Departure yet, but I did see Day5.  I have today and tomorrow free so I can finally catch up (and finish the Two-A-Days: Season 1 Marathon too).  I think I'll watch the next episode of BBuk in a few minutes.

I heard about the nominations.  In my opinion, it will be Carole who leaves because they are not popular with the public.  Heck, their betting stats was as bad as the Goodys.  I wouldn't mind seeing that person leave.  If the other left, I'd cry.  I love watching them.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: January 12, 2007, 10:55:29 AM »
I agree with you. I'm sure it's who you mentioned.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2007, 11:04:21 AM »
Oh man. This is getting upsetting! All this drama! More breaking news and major drama on Big Brother.
Highlight below for the spoiler story!

Big Brother chaos as Leo walks out
The Press Association Friday January 12, 02:50 PM
Big Brother chaos as Leo walks out
Click to enlarge photo
Celebrity Big Brother has been thrown into chaos after another star - Seventies pop singer Leo Sayer - quit the show on the day he was up for eviction. Curly-haired Leo, 58, is the third person to quit, after wannabe bad boy rocker Donny Tourette and film-maker Ken Russell also walked out. The housemates commented on his departure: "Oh well, another one bites the dust." The singer is thought to have knocked down the door with a shovel in a row over pants before quitting. Glum-faced Danielle Lloyd, 23, said after Leo's sudden departure: "I don't like everybody feeling sad. "I didn't like to hear Leo fighting. When he said 'well that's it, I'm going to go' I really didn't think he was going to go. I don't want anybody else to go. I don't want anyone else to walk out." Former S Club star Jo O'Meara, 27, added: "I've never known this to happen on this show." Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, 31, commented about Leo: "He didn't want to stay, it was very undignified for him." Actress Cleo Rocos, 44, added: "He said he doesn't have a TV didn't he? "So he doesn't know what the show is like, we know the programme," to which her housemates added: "Then he shouldn't have come in here."

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2007, 11:08:09 AM »
More to the story I posted. Again, highlight for all the spoiler info.

Wild-haired Seventies disco king Leo Sayer has dramatically left the Big Brother house - after a disagreement about underwear.
The Endless Flight singer forced his way through one of the walls with a broom after his request for more pants was turned down by Big Brother. The 58-year-old, who was the bookie's favourite for eviction on Friday night, went into the Diary Room to ask for some extra undies. "I don't wash my own clothes," he said. "Not in this house, not in front of the others. That's demeaning. It's not good enough." Following a heated exchange, Leo stormed out of the Diary Room and told the others he was leaving. "Don't be daft," said Geordie journalist Carole Malone, while cigar-puffing A-Team actor Dirk Benedict offered his assistance. "You can have some of mine," he helpfully suggested. But Leo didn't want to know, and became the third contestant to make an unorthodox exit from the show after Ken Russell walked out and Donny Tourette climbed over a fence. The producers of the show have confirmed Leo's departure, and closed his voting lines. Viewers can continue to vote to evict either Carole or Dirk. Leo's abrupt escape left the other housemates bemused. "Everyone's going mad in here," remarked former S Club Seven singer Jo O'Meara.