Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 177829 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #400 on: May 13, 2007, 10:47:24 PM »
lol peach  :lol:

Did you watch survivor and see China the next location? I almost named every place they showed from TAR. Looks awesome  :yess:

see tar teaches yeah something, are you learning cbs????? :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #401 on: May 13, 2007, 10:56:27 PM »
Is the Survivor location already spoiled? I mean  I know China was but where exactly?

If not--can we screencap the promo? Just because:

I'm having serious TARtremors   from withdrawal  and may need medical attention!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 13, 2007, 10:57:54 PM »
peach - hopefully it wont be long before TAR12 spoilers begin, think about it...if the filming will be around the same time as TAR10, the earliest spoilers started coming out at the end of may!  :wohoo:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #403 on: May 13, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »
Is the Survivor location already spoiled? I mean  I know China was but where exactly?

If not--can we screencap the promo? Just because:

I'm having serious TARtremors   from withdrawal  and may need medical attention!
Rob was going to post the video tonight but his internet was at half speed ..let me check sucks.
eta great! Jefferios is working on it and I or maybe one of you can post it in Survivor & beyond  :happy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2007, 01:51:54 AM »
whoot! sacred mountain, remote lake, snow leopards, giant pandas and tigers " Oh my"

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,11906.msg188618.html#new

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2007, 06:44:26 AM »
Reality TV Charla/Mirna Interview

Reality TV World:  How surprised were you when Ozzy and Danny Yielded Eric and Danielle during the eleventh leg for a quick buck from Dustin and Kandice?

Charla:  Yeah, we were a little bit surprised about the whole Yield situation.  But they had no money at that time so... And we did offer them money.  And we did actually give them I think some money.
Mirna:  Actually when Charla was doing the jump off the Macau Tower [the Roadblock challenge where the deal went down], I actually ended up giving Ozwald $20.  It wasn't a lot, but it's not like we had a lot of money on us either. The problem was, we didn't have a chance to see them since [the race's previous leg had ended].  So unfortunately, I think another team got to them and worked out a deal before we had a chance to offer them money.  I knew they were running low.  When we offered it, it was too late.  But we gave them money anyway because I didn't want to see my friends struggling on the street and lost.  There were a lot of times when we had no money left either...

That's what Mirna was talking about, I don't know why the producers did not put it on the web, maybe they didn't want us to think that Mirna was really nice?

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2007, 05:10:35 PM »
Really great interview with Eric:

http://www.nst.com.my/Current_News/NST/Saturday/National/20070512085221/Article/index_html

hopefully the TV career works out

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2007, 05:22:39 PM »
Thanks Michael for sharing that!

I liked this part too:

Q: What did you do with the prize money?

A: I actually haven’t cashed the cheque as I just got it yesterday. It’s sitting in my wallet right now. I really want to be smart with it. I want to make some good and sound investments like buy a house for my family.

Most of the time throughout my life, I’ve lived from paycheck to paycheck. I’ve had to work very hard so it’s good to know that I can take care of my family and myself if anything important or any kind of emergency occurs. That is a really good feeling.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2007, 06:14:44 PM »

Amazing Race: All-Stars winner says of ex-girlfriend:
I never want to race with her again 
By Jeanmarie Tan

May 15, 2007

IF Eric Sanchez, winner of the recently-concluded The Amazing Race: All-Stars, had a choice, he would have wanted to race with a different partner.

Even though teammate and then-girlfriend Danielle Turner (left, with Sanchez) helped him nab the million-dollar booty, the 28-year-old waiter is convinced he could have reached the finish line with anyone else.

In fact, he felt it was 'exactly' like a 'Flo and Zach' situation.

Flo Pesenti and Zach Behr were the champs of The Amazing Race 3, but Pesenti was roundly criticised for her teary tantrums, whiny attitude and basically letting her long-suffering ex-boyfriend do all the dirty work.

Sanchez told The New Paper over the phone from his South Florida home: 'I take a lot of credit for our win. If I didn't push her so hard, we wouldn't have won.

'She did a good job, don't get me wrong, but I navigated, I drove, I made the decisions. She just had to do the tasks as best she could.

'I definitely could've won the race with any other partner, besides her. I'll never want to do it again with her!'

Unfortunately, poor Turner, a 23-year-old bartender from New York, was unable to defend herself in the usually shared phone interview because she wasn't picking up our calls.

After a one-year long-distance relationship, the couple made the 'mutual decision' to break up during the filming of The Amazing Race: All-Stars last December after 'fighting over too many little things'.

He said: 'The race showed us that the relationship wasn't as strong as we thought.'

The former lovers didn't talk for two weeks after, but keep in touch now.

Meanwhile, Sanchez - who has a new girlfriend - went on to admit that he would've preferred to join the All-Stars edition with his original Race partner Jeremy Ryan because 'he's a great competitor'.

The frat-boy slacker duo came in second to hippies BJ Averell and Tyler Macniven in the ninth season. It was also during then that Sanchez fell for Turner, one-half of a bosomy, blonde female team nicknamed 'the Double-Ds'.

But he said the producers, who found out he and Turner started dating after the season ended, picked her instead because 'they didn't want an alpha male team'.   :lol3:

Sanchez said he was surprised to discover on the race 'how high-maintenance she was'.

He said: 'I always knew she was a girly girl who liked to shop, but she complained about everything the whole time.

'She didn't like some challenges and she would ask, 'Why am I doing this? Eric's a guy'. But other girls like Charla and Mirna and the beauty queens never complained once... That got me really mad and I wanted to tell her to shut up.'

On a positive note, Sanchez conceded Turner was 'really strong and did the tasks well'.

'Even though she always wanted to give up and was crying every day, she fought on,' he added.

source

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 14, 2007, 07:23:37 PM »
Eric could not be more right:

No, I really think that luck played more of a role as to who should stay or leave. I think people blamed "karma" when something happened to them. When Danny and Ozwald got lost, it was their fault not karma. All they needed to do was get into a taxi and find the direction. That was just poor racing and bad luck. I don’t think the universe cares about The Amazing Race.

I'm liking him more and more each day

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #411 on: May 15, 2007, 02:34:43 PM »
Saw this:

Earl was on Regis and Kelly this morning
(and poor Regis.. didn't he have time after his surgery to watch Survivor.... stupid questions man....) (and Lakisha sang "and I'm telling you...." on this show and blew it big time.... not good at all)

*Even though Earl placed Kansas City, Kansas as his home town... he lives in Santa Monica, Cali.....
*He is an Advertising EXECUTIVE.....
*His main accounts are Honda and the California Lottery.....
*A casting person from CBS approached him in a restaurant to see if he was interested in running THE AMAZING RACE!!!
*Because a candidate dropped out of Survivor he was asked to take the spot TWO DAYS BEFORE the flight to Fiji.
*Up to that time he had not followed Survivor.
*Earls mom told him he owed her...?? And he is giving her a CHUNK of the winnings (i wouldn't ever say this to my kid... even if i thought it)

Damn. I am clearly not eating in the right restaurants....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #412 on: May 15, 2007, 02:49:12 PM »
Oh they rarely cast by application now a days. Alex, he was found on myspace as well as James from Big Brother for example. And then you already know that Michele had tried out for Amazing Race and that BJ had tried out for Survivor. Then you all know the story about Erika Landin casting for Amazing Race and Survivor Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #413 on: May 17, 2007, 09:53:29 PM »
Dustin is helping with a World Vision Marathon--if she would register as needing sponsers--I'll bet she could rake in a lot! I'll bet we could make an RFF donation in her name if we wanted...

And I think my little fellow had a World Vision connection IIRC...

[attachment deleted by admin]
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 17, 2007, 09:56:31 PM »
Oh that's awesome! Thanks Peach! That's a pretty old article, I'm surprised no ones posted it before

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #415 on: May 17, 2007, 09:59:55 PM »
I just saw it at TWoP.

She isn't listed as a runner needing donations so guess she's just going to be a motivator. I'll look into making a donation in her name though if anybody else is interested?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 17, 2007, 10:05:05 PM »
I'd love to make a donation in her name! Just find out how!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #417 on: May 17, 2007, 10:13:29 PM »
Not only that --but you could ask your friends at school if you wanted--if you had 20 friends give $5 it would really add up!

Okay--I'm going to email them and ask. (DONE! I'll let y'all know!)

They are collecting to help buy Aids Caregiver Kits:

World Vision’s goal is to raise $300,000 — enough to assemble 10,000 kits.

The kits include basics such as soap, washcloths and rubber gloves to assist thousands of World Vision trained volunteer AIDS caregivers in Africa.

Caregivers visit the sick and dying, providing comfort and basic first aid. Sadly, they often lack basic supplies to do the job well.

Dustin says seeing the plight of people in Africa living with AIDS, after watching World Vision videos, brought tears to her eyes.

“Just to be able to touch these people — even indirectly — through providing caregiver kits — is wonderful,” she says.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 10:42:12 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 18, 2007, 01:37:06 PM »
http://entertainment1.sympatico.msn.ca/Exclusive+TAR+interview+The+Beauty+Queens/TV_Guide/RealityTV/TAR/Exit+Interviews/Articles/070514_dustinandkandice_AD.htm?isfa=1

new bq interview

oh my God, Kandice is in toronto RIGHT NOW!

TVG: What are you guys up to now?
Kandice: We’re both at turning points in our lives right now where we’re open to opportunities. I’m here in Canada at the moment, my finacé lives in Toronto. So I’m transitioning between here and New York right now. Dustin’s making a move to California, and the doors are kind of wide open.

And a comment from Mirna:

Like at one point they had $600 they had gathered which none of us could understand. We were begging for money because a lot of us didn’t have enough money to eat food, and I think they just did special things. I don’t know if that’s why Eric chose the language he did when they referred to him.

I'm really sorry, but Mirna really seems to pull some information out of her ass when giving interviews.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2007, 01:52:20 PM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2007, 04:12:21 AM »
Phil in Zanzibar

One morning after sleeping like the innocent or the dead, we came down to breakfast at the Serena Hotel, a luxurious chain of hotels owned by the Aga Khan, to find Phil Keoghan, the host of the ABC reality show "The Amazing Race," seated next to us. We instantly recalled spotting two blond women sailing along the coastline with a camera crew in the back of their dhow. And so it was confirmed, again a couple of days later by the pool, when we overheard another guest talking.

Would have been really nice to have had this info sooner, wouldn't it? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #420 on: May 20, 2007, 11:35:14 AM »
Good article, host of the ABC reality show "The Amazing Race,". A true fan  :lol:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2007, 11:42:44 AM »
Good article, host of the ABC reality show "The Amazing Race,". A true fan  :lol:

ABC Studios is part of the production team FWIW. thats why i dont think cbs would ever stop ordering tars, they know abc would pick it up like scrubs on nbc

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #422 on: May 21, 2007, 08:45:06 AM »
Phil does the Hula? I am so NOT missing that!

Winning halau on CBS
The Merrie Monarch Festival will get a bit of network television exposure when this year's overall champions, the kane of Halau I Ka Wekiu, will appear on a segment of "The CBS Early Show" around 8:30 tomorrow morning.
A CBS news team, hosted by Phil Keoghan ("The Amazing Race"), collaborated with the Big Island Visitors Bureau and festival organizers to shadow the halau during last month's competition in Hilo.

Halau I Ka Wekiu swept the hula kahiko and hula 'auana competitions at the prestigious festival and was the overall winner in points, rare for an all-male halau.

Based in Honolulu, the halau's kumu hula are Karl Veto Baker and Michael Nalanakila'ekolu Casupang. 

DENNIS ODA / DODA@STARBULLETIN.COM
Halau I Ka Wekiu (kane) under the direction of kumu hula Karl Veto Baker and Michael Nalanakila'ekolu Casupang dance during the 'auana portion of the Merrie Monarch Festival hula competition. They swept the kahiko and 'auana and overall awards.
LINK

Another link too

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #423 on: May 26, 2007, 08:59:16 PM »
Did y'all see this?

Apparently the CBS Emmy nominations have gone virtual--so you can WATCH THE EMMY NOMINATED EPISODES of your favorite shows here. Amazing Race included--see the two nominated episodes in their entirety!

Now why can't they give us this during the season too? :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 26, 2007, 09:08:32 PM »
haha, that's awesome peach!
I hope TAR wins another emmy!