Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 177835 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #375 on: May 09, 2007, 06:07:08 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 09, 2007, 08:15:12 PM »
Dustin and Kandice IGN interview
http://tv.ign.com/articles/786/786798p1.html

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #377 on: May 10, 2007, 05:04:41 PM »
Peach's article, reworked by Andy, is interesting because it confirms something Apskip was talking about earlier: the fact the racers were funneled into one Oakland flight. Which means the entire HNL sequence was staged (rather than just re-created) nonsense. It's not often you see production slip like that.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #379 on: May 11, 2007, 07:08:45 AM »
Charla/Mirna IGN Interview

Every leg has a back-up production flight??!! :groan:
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 07:26:02 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #380 on: May 11, 2007, 07:04:13 PM »
And the Interviews keep getting stranger!  link to CTV interview

'Amazing Race' runners-up sound off

Tyrone Warner, CTV.ca

Four women came close, but they just couldn't win a daring competition that took people of all backgrounds on the adventure of a lifetime.

"Beauty Queens" Dustin Seltzer and Kandice Pelletier, as well as Mirna Hindoyan, chatted with CTV.ca about their near wins on the "Amazing Race." Mirna's cousin, Charla Faddoul, had prior commitments and was unavailable for an interview.

Eric Sanchez and Danielle Turner picked up the US$1 million dollar prize when they won the all-star edition of the race, which featured competitors from previous seasons.

The Beauty Queens arrived second at the final pitstop in San Francisco, with Mirna and Charla a close third.

Dustin and Kandice explain to CTV.ca that even though they didn't win, they were glad that they could at least arrive at the final pit stop.

"That was the biggest disappointment last time, that we didn't get to finish the race around the world. While we would have loved to have been first on that mat," says Kandice.

"We would have loved to also be the first female team to do it, but it was still incredible that we got to do the race a second time."

The former beauty pageant winners also say that in order to do so well on the race, the competitors really needed to rely upon their own personal experiences.

"Whatever makes up who you are as a person, you need to draw from that," says Dustin.

"Our background of competitive sports, like soccer, cross-country, dancing, gave us that hunger to win. That gave us the extra edge."

The model-esque blondes also drew some criticism that they used their looks to get ahead.

"We don't feel like we got by one way or another on our looks. There were some times that it probably did help us out, in terms of getting a taxi, but on the flipside it was also a detriment to us. There were some situations where we didn't feel safe," says Dustin.

However, Kandice concedes they did come off better than others when it came to the way they were portrayed on the show.

"All in all, I think we came across as competitive women. We were always smiling, which is something we always do."

Following Dustin and Kandice to the mat were cousins Charla and Mirna.

One half of the third-place team, Mirna, tells CTV.ca that despite not snagging the title as the best-of-the-best, she is still satisfied with her team's performance.

"I think we did a great job. Last time on the race we were cut short by a risky flight that we decided to take, but this time we had our eyes on our prize. We wanted to make the final three and we accomplished that."

Notorious for their skill at maneuvering their way onto flights, Mirna claims it was an unforeseen obstacle in the final leg that finally did them in.

"Unfortunately the producers forced us to take the same flight into Oakland, so we weren't able to use our airport strategy, which was one of our keys to success. At that point it depended on luck, and what kind of taxi driver you got."

One of the difficulties of taking part in a reality show like "Amazing Race" is that competitors are always at the mercy of the producers and editors in how they are depicted to audiences.

"Charla and I had a lot of run-ins with the editor on this season of the race, and there were a lot of times when he would force me to say certain things. Basically, they would withhold food and we weren't able to eat at the pit stops until he got exactly what he wanted out of us in our interview," says Mirna.

(?? doesn't everyone have to do their interviews before they can be released to the Pitstops?? --comment mine)

"I'm a very determined person and I usually don't let people walk all over me, so we had a lot of run-ins with him. I was expecting a worse edit, but it turned out pretty good."

During the race, Charla and Mirna would put on thick accents when talking to cab drivers - a tactic that many viewers found annoying and even a little condescending.

"A lot of times I try to keep the words simple so people can understand it, and I also try to use an accent so people don't try and take advantage of me," says Mirna. "I've traveled a lot of places in the world where due to the political situation in the world, I've been treated really poorly because I'm an American. When I'm on the race, I'm here to win, so I don't want anything to stand in my way."
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #381 on: May 11, 2007, 07:27:58 PM »
Mirna! LOL did she make that up? What the hell?  :lol:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 11, 2007, 07:56:11 PM »
I think Mirna is bitter!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #383 on: May 11, 2007, 08:07:18 PM »
I always thought that all of the teams had to go do their interviews, turn in their clues and finish up with production before they could go "eat, sleep, and mingle." Somehow that isn't quite the same thing as having food "withheld"! :lol3:

But hey--maybe that's how she stays such a "very small person"!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #384 on: May 11, 2007, 08:11:22 PM »
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG PEACH! PEACH! PECH!!!
MIRNA MENTIONS MY LETTER IN HER RNO INTERVIEW!! OMG I LOVE YOU PEACH  :hearts: :kissy:
YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAAYYAYA  :jumpy: :hearts: :yess: :happy:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #385 on: May 11, 2007, 08:15:08 PM »
Your right Peach you have to do your interviews before you eat.  Mirna is right though if you don't give them what they want they will keep you there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #386 on: May 11, 2007, 08:20:12 PM »
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG PEACH! PEACH! PECH!!!
MIRNA MENTIONS MY LETTER IN HER RNO INTERVIEW!! OMG I LOVE YOU PEACH  :hearts: :kissy:
YAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAAYYAYA  :jumpy: :hearts: :yess: :happy:

I have to say that all this Peach love is pretty darned nice! :happy:

Anybody have a link? :lol:

Thanks Tammy! So that's all just Mirnish speak for what is really SOP?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #387 on: May 11, 2007, 08:23:28 PM »
Visions of TPTB holding a fishing pole and dangling a Filet Mignon just out of your reach.
Thanks Tammy  :hearts:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #388 on: May 11, 2007, 08:24:01 PM »
That is SOP your right.  We got to the point I would just ask them what they wanted so the kids could get something to eat and go to bed.  I had a lot of fun with those interviews talking in the present tense. Sometimes when we are feeling silly we do it at dinner. :o

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #389 on: May 11, 2007, 08:36:24 PM »
Peach i cant find the link, Michael posted it on the C/M forum  :jumpy:
But Mirna just emailed me, and im going to be interviewing her for the website  :happy: :hearts: :yess: :jumpy:
Im so excited, Peach i owe you soooo much!!!!!  :kissy: :kissy:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #390 on: May 11, 2007, 08:44:23 PM »
SAM! THAT'S AWESOME!  :wohoo:
I can't wait to read that interview. Mirna really seems to appreciate everything you've done for her and Charla!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #391 on: May 11, 2007, 08:47:05 PM »
I'm really excited for you too red_sox!  :happy: :wohoo:

You have put a lot of thought and work into that site and I hope that Charla and Mirna take it all in the "just good fun" that you intend. How wonderful that she did respond! :yess:

Here is the link: http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline banredbeans

• Amazing Racer
  • RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #392 on: May 11, 2007, 08:50:49 PM »
Charla is so cute and sweet. :jumpy:  We had fun talking with her at the Tarflies Lunch.  I am sad I didn't get a chance to meet Mirna though. :'(

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #394 on: May 11, 2007, 10:08:29 PM »
This just in at TWoP--Michael can you watch it for us??

davidcalgary29

Today @ 9:10 pm Report · Post#1028
TAR 12's a go! Phil was just interviewed on ET Canada (promoting his boring new "thrill of a lifetime" show), and stated that the next season of TAR is "in the works". Yay!

:dancer: :conf: :dancer:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 11, 2007, 10:11:36 PM »
AHHH! I think it just passed! I put it on ET Canada right now and they are interviewing somebody else at the moment, hopefully there is more phil, it will probably replay tonight though...I'll check the schedule

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #396 on: May 13, 2007, 09:42:19 PM »
New TAR posting Rules!

We'd so have nothing left to say!

:lol3: :lol: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 13, 2007, 10:06:12 PM »
 :happy:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #398 on: May 13, 2007, 10:25:02 PM »
lol peach  :lol:

Did you watch survivor and see China the next location? I almost named every place they showed from TAR. Looks awesome  :yess:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 13, 2007, 10:26:08 PM »
YES :yess:

Survivor China looks awesome :D