Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 178028 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #300 on: April 27, 2007, 11:22:38 PM »
an old-aged Phil greeting the teams with eye brows like James' father from last season.

What an image! :lol3: :jumpy: :lol3:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 27, 2007, 11:24:49 PM »
or BETTER yet, I can take Phil's job, I've perfected my eyebrow raise!

...but the racers might think I was planning on killing when I shout "Go!" at the starting line LOL
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:02:44 PM by Michael D »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #302 on: April 27, 2007, 11:34:10 PM »
Daddo is HAWT :luvu:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2007, 04:59:50 PM »
Exclusive Interview: Oswald and Danny, 8th team eliminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars

The final team eliminated prior to next Sunday's The Amazing Race All-Stars finale was Danny and Oswald, who last night finished in fourth place at the penultimate pit stop in the island nation of Guam.  Danny and Oswald put up a hell of a fight throughout the season, proving to be one of the most sneakily formidable teams in the show's history.  Some bad luck on last night's episode (plus the fact that they were marked for elimination) saw them finish in last.  Danny and Oswald took some time out of their schedule to speak with us earlier today...and, let's just say that it was one of the more lively interviews we've ever been a part of.
When you were first contacted by CBS, were you at all hesitant about coming back to do another race?

source

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2007, 08:49:52 PM »
KUAM on last night's episode (quicktime file):
http://www.kuam-media.com/downloadmp4.php?file=22261.mp4
Nothing much new; the officer interviewed said C/M's package was "parallel" to the Christmas drive, but not a part of it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: April 30, 2007, 08:58:23 PM »
Oh cool Slowhatch  :ya3:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #308 on: May 01, 2007, 08:38:12 AM »
Looks like we'll know soon:

VIEW CBS UPFRONT SALES PRESENTATION DETAILS 
Start Date: 05-16-2007 
End Date: 05-16-2007 
Event Name: CBS Upfront Sales Presentation 
Description: The annual network announcement in which broadcasters present their new primetime and returning series schedule to media buyers in New York City and across the nation. 

source
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #309 on: May 01, 2007, 08:42:24 AM »

Description: The annual network announcement in which broadcasters present their new primetime and returning series schedule to media buyers in New York City and across the nation. 

source

not to be rude or anything but wasnt this confirmed already???

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #310 on: May 01, 2007, 08:52:47 AM »
Really? I thought we only knew the week of May 14th?

Oh well- sorry if it is a repeat--but good news sometimes bears repeating!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #311 on: May 01, 2007, 09:30:18 AM »
Really? I thought we only knew the week of May 14th?

Oh well- sorry if it is a repeat--but good news sometimes bears repeating!

i wouldnt worry about any of the pilots cbs orderd, they all look really bad lol.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #312 on: May 01, 2007, 12:27:44 PM »
INTERVIEW: Ozzy and Danny dish about 'The Amazing Race: All-Stars'

Reality TV World:  Do know how long it had been after Eric and Danielle's 30 minute "marked for elimination" penalty expired when you arrived at the Pit Stop?

Oswald:  They were there when we got there, so not that far.
Danny:  Not that far.  It was very close.
Oswald:  I would say maybe 10 minutes at the most.
( liars! it was an hour and a half give or take!, puddin )

Reality TV World:  Is there anybody you wouldn't want to see win?

Oswald:  Eric and Danielle
(heh), puddin
RTVW

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2007, 01:19:24 PM »
Sad ain't it? They go much further with their vitriol and outright lies in an interview for a gay mag. I guess failure was a bitter pill to swallow.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #314 on: May 01, 2007, 01:21:39 PM »
Danny & Oswald bitter much? :hand: Now whos acting childish  :snicker:?

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2007, 01:30:48 PM »

They did not have to go there. If you want to remove these posts feel free to do so puddin. You guys do a wonderful job with this website and God forbid it should be equated with those three other sites that shall remain unidentified.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2007, 03:43:10 PM »

They did not have to go there. If you want to remove these posts feel free to do so puddin. You guys do a wonderful job with this website and God forbid it should be equated with those three other sites that shall remain unidentified.
True that Papi  :kuss:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2007, 03:45:33 PM »
I don't know if that's news, it doesn't say anything about it being cancelled or renewed...only "aging"

WHO CARES IF IT'S AGING, IT'S STILL GOOD  (:;)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #318 on: May 01, 2007, 03:46:04 PM »

source

so im reading around diff places on the net about cbs stuff and people need to relize the only show cbs has picked up was survivor!!!!!!! alot of the people so worried about if its being picked up or not have to take a chill pill and wait until may16th. NO1 will tip there had pre- releasing fall schedules or shows that will be brought back this year due to the potential writiers strike. abc and nbc may have said things but i doubt some of it will come to fruition. i think every1 is keeping quiet about the whole thing, and casting is being kept under wraps to throw every1 off to see what will people do.

years ago nbc cancelled the show jag and cbs picked it up and kept on the air for a long time. TAR is produced by abc televistion studios formally touchstone so i hardly think they wouldnt have a home when and if cbs pulls the plug. personally the pilots cbs has orderd are really really crappy. i think theres 1 drama and 1 comedy with potential. i am not worried about tar not being picked up, i think its safe but maybe delayed until november ala tar6. ratings will go back up in the fall, i think we are just going through a rough time on tv as a whole. remeber if the writers strike there wont be enough time to get stuff shot and done, so the entire reality show block on all networks plans are prob being kept under wraps until those network release dates.

if this is in the wrong place i am sorry, just something i think had to be posted over here since it is the media thread lol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #319 on: May 01, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »
I think its old so took it out Michael  :lol: ..once more here it is.

Bienstock signs deal with CBS
Producer pacts to create new unscripted projects
By JOSEF ADALIANJay Bienstock, the longtime Mark Burnett collaborator who's overseen multiple seasons of "Survivor" and "The Apprentice," is branching out on his own.
Producer has inked a two-year, seven-figure overall deal with CBS Paramount Network Television. He'll create and exec produce unscripted projects for all nets.

Bienstock will work closely with Ghen Maynard, the CBS exec VP in charge of alternative programming and entertainment content for new media.

With signature skeins such as "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race" aging, the Eye net is on the hunt for reality hits -- and Maynard is betting on producers such as Bienstock to launch those skeins.

Exec, who has known Bienstock since the first "Survivor," said the producer has a strong sense of story direction.

"He always comes at something from a different way, which I like," Maynard told Daily Variety. "He thinks outside the box and yet he also knows how to appeal to a mass audience."

For his part, Bienstock said he's already brainstorming a slew of potential ideas.

"I love the reality competition format, and I think there are still more things to be tapped," he said. "I also love adventure, where you put people in fun but challenging situations. Those are the shows I want to work on."

While unscripted producers are finding it hard to come up with breakout ideas in a well-saturated reality market, Bienstock believes there's plenty of room for new hits. The genre, he said, "is just waiting for something new and fresh to come along."

Bienstock ankled Mark Burnett Prods. after a 10-year relationship that dated back to the days of "Eco-Challenge."

After several years on VH1's signature "Behind the Music," he reconnected with Burnett on the first five editions of "Survivor" and every installment of "The Apprentice" (including the Martha Stewart-hosted spinoff).

Bienstock essentially served as day-to-day showrunner on "The Apprentice," working in conjunction with Burnett.

As for the name of his shingle, CAA-repped Bienstock is keeping things simple, calling the company Jay Bienstock Prods. "Hopefully, the shows will be a lot more creative than the name," he quipped.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117962328.html

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #320 on: May 01, 2007, 04:27:14 PM »
Thank you kogs!

All good points that make me feel better! :kissy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: May 01, 2007, 05:28:58 PM »
Thank you kogs!

All good points that make me feel better! :kissy:

good, im glad to hear it. people can have all the sources and stuff in the world, but sometimes the info runs dry not because of something not happening, rather management keeping lips tight, and $$ over there head

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: May 02, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »
ATC Steve said over at TARflies that:
And while CBS has not given the final green light for season 12, they are still funding them to set-up the race and continue with casting. Based on what has been told to me by very reliable sources, I foresee nothing but good news soon.
:happy:

And RealityNewsOnline Interview with D/O

I found this interesting, especially in light of the negative interviews that D/O have been giving in regards to other teams:
RNO: On the race, did you have a chance to talk to Eric & Danielle about why you Yielded them?

Oswald: Not on the race. After we finished the race and we settled ourselves into our regular lives, Eric did reach out to us and apologize ahead of time for the things he said about us when we Yielded him.

Editing clearly plays a huge role in how we view the teams.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 02, 2007, 10:25:20 AM »
Why would the chas be so negative towards Eric then if he reached out and apologized?  ???

Just like why would Eric refer to Dustin and Kandice as bitches on his myspace yet on the show him and danielle seem to be getting along with them even after the yield (and in the finale, HIGH FIVE!)

NEVERMIND!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 12:01:36 PM by Michael D »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #324 on: May 02, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »
Why would the chas be so negative towards Eric then if he reached out and apologized?

I don't know--but kudos to Eric for the effort.

I'm not too proud of all the negativity in D/O's post race interviews--I'm used to seeing a whole different and kinder persona from them.
RFF's Golden Rule: