Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 178110 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #275 on: April 26, 2007, 12:30:08 AM »
Now I'm fed up!! Gofish pulled my account  (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #276 on: April 26, 2007, 12:41:30 AM »
NO!  :faint:   Couldn't they have waited another week?!  :groan:

We have to think up a code word for your nice links that doesn't say Amazing Race.

Let's go kung fu them!  (:;)

Is there an alternative?
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 26, 2007, 12:45:23 AM »
They deleted my go fish account too puddin! All my DK videos..gone :( ... luckily they haven't caught onto my youtube account yet

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #278 on: April 26, 2007, 12:49:19 AM »
Not strictly TAR, but I thought I'd throw it in here. Phil's NOW show has been picked up by CBC for this fall; Canadians of high standing (no "moral turpitude"  :lol:) are encouraged to apply. News release and website.

Sorry about Gofish; CBS probably pays rats to surf the web, looking for videos.  :rat?:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 26, 2007, 12:50:43 AM »
OMG, IM GONNA MEET PHIL!

City:              TORONTO, ONTARIO
    Date and Time:     Sat., May 12 from 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

That is ridiculously close to my house

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:04 AM »
Apply Michael! Have a N.O.W. moment! Now all you need is a hook!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #281 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:11 AM »
Darn you Canadians get everything :meow:  :knuckles:!!
We'll I will just use my photobucket for now..I mean I pay for it but the quality is suckier than the others but oh well.
You'd think the gofish could have warned me or something? Damn RAT TROLLS !!  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #282 on: April 26, 2007, 04:10:27 AM »
Come out for KUAM's 'Guamazing Race' casting call here      --hakushu8??

On your marks, get set, go - for the first-ever Guamazing race, a takeoff the hit CBS reality series "The Amazing Race", showing on KUAM-TV11. Ten teams of two people will complete an island wide obstacle course testing their physical and mental strength, taking place in May.

Until then, is hosting a local casting call this Saturday, April 28 at the PTC in the Agana Shopping Center from 5-10pm. Applicants are encouraged to download an application by clicking here. http://www.kuam.com/guamazing/

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 26, 2007, 09:52:50 AM »
Well, we know TAR12 won't begin filming until AFTER May 16th because that is the last date of the Phil NOW tour.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #284 on: April 26, 2007, 10:13:37 AM »
Oh your lucky hakushu8 !!

Guam to be featured in 'Amazing Race'

DEDEDO, Guam-The island of Guam will be shown on national television this Monday, April 30, as CBS features the island as the setting for the upcoming episode of the hit reality show The Amazing Race: All Stars.

The critically acclaimed program, now in its 11th season, will feature teams competing in a series of tasks on Andersen Air Force Base.

KUAM TV11 will broadcast the episode on Monday, April 30, at 9pm. Viewers will be able to get an exclusive sneak peek of the episode on the Monday edition on KUAM News Primetime at 6pm on KUAM TV8 and 7pm on KUAM TV11.

The KUAM News Team will also feature a behind-the-scenes look at the episode as they feature the airmen that executed the mission showcased on The Amazing Race.

The Amazing Race is hosted by Phil Keoghan and is a Jerry Bruckheimer Production.

PR

Offline MrsEbbles

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #285 on: April 26, 2007, 03:05:17 PM »
Puddin wrote:
Now I'm fed up!! Gofish pulled my account

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am so sorry to hear that, Puddin. The Gofish AR epi vids I watch are still there, I won't mention the posters name that puts them up but if anyone wants the link, PM me.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #286 on: April 26, 2007, 03:34:10 PM »
Well at least we still have that ..for now MrsEbbles  :ninja

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #287 on: April 27, 2007, 05:58:03 PM »
Good news for TAR???????

Producers Prepare for Possible Strike
Could More Games Be on the Way? Posted 4/24/07

From Calendar Live: Anticipating a possible walkout, networks and studio executives are starting to take steps to keep production pipelines flowing. The contingency plans include pushing up shooting schedules, ordering more reality TV programs and renegotiating with writers to turn in their film scripts earlier than usual.

"They're protecting their long-range business interests," said chief studio negotiator J. Nicholas Counter, president of the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers.

The early preparations come three months before what are expected to be highly contentious contract talks between producers and writers, with the central issue being how writers are paid when their work is shown over the Internet.

Guild leaders have alleged that studios are trying to scare writers by suggesting they are stockpiling scripts and shows. There has been little evidence of a large-scale stockpiling like there was in 2001, when fear of strikes by actors and writers caused a major acceleration of production.

"We've never seen stockpiling to be a significant negotiating strategy," said Chuck Slocum, assistant executive director of the Writers Guild of America, West. "We don't see any reason a deal cannot be reached and we look forward to negotiating to that end."

Rival networks and studio executives have been keeping their contingency plans under wraps not only from writers but also one another.

Although none would publicly discuss their plans, several Hollywood executives privately acknowledged that they were preparing for what could be the first writers' strike since 1988.

Their plans include having some shows come back early to shoot additional episodes that could air during a strike and pushing up production schedules of midseason shows to as early as July instead of their usual September start.

Networks typically decide which shows they're going to pick up just before the key advertising sales period in May and June. But this year has seen an unusually large number of early pickups, evidence not only of changes in the television industry but also strike preparations, analysts say.

"There are clear signs that networks are preparing their fall schedules as early as possible as a hedge against a possible strike," said Carolyn Finger, vice president of TVtracker.com, an Internet-based research and consulting service.

Network business affairs executives are combing their libraries to identify which shows they have the rights to rebroadcast and to compile alternative schedules jammed with movies, news programs, reality fare and game shows.

Hit shows such as Fox's "American Idol" are not only hugely popular, but they are also cheaper to produce than scripted programs. And most reality shows aren't covered under the Writers Guild contracts despite efforts by the union to organize the booming sector.

This season saw 56 unscripted series across all the broadcast networks, up from 51 last year, according to TVtracker.com. CBS has five game show pilots in production, including shows hosted by comedian Drew Carey and MSNBC talk show host Tucker Carlson.

"The ramped-up reality slate is part of our regular program development for summer, fall and midseason programming, but these projects could be utilized if a strike does occur," CBS spokesman Chris Ender said

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #288 on: April 27, 2007, 06:28:03 PM »
Thanks for that kogs--I'm really feeling the need of a little extra hope about now!

But maybe they are just waiting to share the good news with us all after the finale?? After the ratings??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 27, 2007, 06:31:40 PM »
Thanks for that kogs--I'm really feeling the need of a little extra hope about now!

But maybe they are just waiting to share the good news with us all after the finale?? After the ratings??

I think puddin mentioned that the CBS upfronts are on May 16th, I think that's when they will reveal it. I'm guessing they will film in June-July and the teams will be revealed in August!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #290 on: April 27, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
Variety's take on what CBS has in store for the Fall

And while "Amazing Race" might return for another cycle, there's a good shot CBS will use 8 p.m. Sundays to try out a new show.

Eye is also aggressively looking to find some desperately needed reality hits. Having started the reality craze with "Survivor" and "The Amazing Race," it hasn't launched an unscripted smash since.

Tassler says bringing back Ghen Maynard to oversee the net's reality slate has resulted in a slew of new concepts. She won't talk details, but industry insiders say Maynard has more than 15 possible players in the mix.

Some, like Mark Burnett's "Pirate Master," will get an early launch in the summer.

THE BOTTOM LINE

Given how heavily it's invested in riskier fare, change is almost certainly coming to CBS this fall. The real question will be how much of Tassler's slate gets the go-ahead from CBS Corp. supremo Moonves.

Moonves is proudly old-school when it comes to programming. But after some initial cautiousness about new media, the exec has transformed the Eye into one of the market leaders when it comes to embracing new technologies.

Whatever choices the net makes, Tassler thinks CBS is ready to evolve.

"We really have the strength and flexibility to really look at adding some surprising elements to the schedule this year," she says.

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 27, 2007, 10:14:49 PM »
Oh no! I love the Sunday at 8 time! I hope this is wrong  :groan:

I'm also really hoping they renew it for TWO cycles, not just one  (:;)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #292 on: April 27, 2007, 10:17:08 PM »
Oh no! I love the Sunday at 8 time! I hope this is wrong  :groan:

I'm also really hoping they renew it for TWO cycles, not just one  (:;)

I'll take my beloved TAR anyplace--anywhere--anytime! :blume:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 27, 2007, 10:18:43 PM »
Well, me too, but they better not put it on any death days (friday or saturday) or i'll hunt them down.

I think that article is somebodies opinion though, isn't it? It isn't like they are saying for sure that it's only back for one more cycle on a different night..

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #294 on: April 27, 2007, 10:32:10 PM »
It isn't like they are saying it is back at all! :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 27, 2007, 10:34:25 PM »

whatever! It's time for Michael to turn on his oblivious switch and completley discredit that article as a fake, like I do with a lot of articles, news stories....lists...etc

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #296 on: April 27, 2007, 10:37:04 PM »

We'll find out the week of May 14, when the networks announce their schedules.

But I'm going snooping at TARcon!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #297 on: April 27, 2007, 10:41:06 PM »
thanks peach..
I'll take my TAR any which way I can but would love the Tuesday night 9pm timeslot back.
Pirate master looks good! I think I'll ask Rob to start us a new topic on it...it may hold us over untill fall or at least untill Big Brother starts? :ninja

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #298 on: April 27, 2007, 11:14:01 PM »
thanks peach..
I'll take my TAR any which way I can but would love the Tuesday night 9pm timeslot back.
Pirate master looks good! I think I'll ask Rob to start us a new topic on it...it may hold us over untill fall or at least untill Big Brother starts? :ninja

Yes please! I want to be a "Dirty Pirate Hooker" this summer! Spoiler opportunities!

Otherwise it will be a long dry TAR-less lonesome summer :'(

Watch the PREVIEW here at CBS--first preview under video
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 27, 2007, 11:16:59 PM »
Yes  :yess:

A show to keep me interested until the TAR12 teams are released, or the TAR12 spoilers start coming out! Imagine they surprise us and renew it for 30 years?! I can see an old-aged Phil greeting the teams with eye brows like James' father from last season.