Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 178147 times)

Offline romber_baby

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #200 on: March 20, 2007, 01:02:05 AM »
okay, just making sure...there's obviously no elimination station video this week since the last ep was the non-elimination leg of the race, right?

Offline romber_baby

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #201 on: March 20, 2007, 01:04:24 AM »
never mind...i found the vid...

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2007, 12:02:18 AM »
any word on TAR12 yet puddin? :'(

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #203 on: March 21, 2007, 12:25:52 AM »
The eligibility page states the race will run anytime from "June to August 2007."

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 21, 2007, 12:31:38 AM »
Yeah I saw that a long time ago, I think those aplications have been up for a really long time, but there hasn't been any actual confirmation that the race will be back for another season.

.... it better be...or else (:;)

Offline MrsEbbles

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #205 on: March 21, 2007, 02:03:22 AM »
Not true.. I see other accounts are still up with Survivor & TAR videos  :waves:
I don't care GoFish is faster and the quality is better  :happy:

JTF has a nice private stash if your a memeber and subscriber

JTF appears to have been suspended: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=JTF72

Are there any other places where non-US visitors can watch TAR episodes?

Dougmal has episode 5 up on Youtube. He labeled it a bit differently and it was working a few hours ago.

Offline randomnzer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #206 on: March 21, 2007, 05:00:32 AM »
Thanks MrsEbbles.

Offline MrsEbbles

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2007, 02:38:01 AM »
Thanks MrsEbbles.

You are quite welcome!

I do hope it worked, as I like to re-watch the episode the next day. One of these days, I will get a DVR and record the epis!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #208 on: March 26, 2007, 10:22:51 AM »
Teri/Ian on the Early show video

Offline wifeofUSMCsgt

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #209 on: March 26, 2007, 11:15:22 AM »
www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20016015,00.html

I found this article to be rather entertaining, found it at jokersupdates.com. :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #210 on: March 26, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »
Exclusive Interview: Teri and Ian Pollock, 5th team eliminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars

March 26, 2007

Teri and Ian Pollock, probably the best "older" team in the history of The Amazing Race, got a raw deal last night.  Through little, or no, fault of their own, the long-married couple got stuck in the Johannesburg airport on constant standby, while every other team but one flew out before them.  They were eliminated from The Amazing Race: All-Stars last night, and it was a shame.  Nonetheless, the couple was kind enough to stop by and talk to us at BuddyTV about their time on Amazing Race this season and the frustration of airport travel.

Below we have both the transcript of the interview, along with the full audio.

When you were first asked to be on All Stars how interested were you guys and did you have any apprehensions about going back on the show?

Ian: First words we said , “We’re in”.

Last night's episode, it looked like some of the most frustrating moments I’ve ever seen on the show.  You know, the whole airport situation, was it as bad as it looked to us viewers?

Teri: Definitely just as bad, maybe worse.

Ian: I think worse.

Since it wasn’t any fault of your own, the whole stand-by situation, how frustrating is it to lose or be eliminated on something like that?

Ian: Very frustrating , when you don’t lose on your own racing abilities and you're stuck in an airport with 10,000 people trying to get on flights, it's very depressing.

Do you wish that this show safe guarded against this kind of thing so that its really about the race, because I think its safe to say  that you two are two of the strongest racers on the show or ever to be on the show, right?

Teri: Right, it would be nice if they could do that but I guess that it wouldn’t be reality.

Over the course of the season was there anything edited out that you wish  they had shown from you guys that they didn’t?

Teri: We were thrilled with our edits this time, they showed that we were determined people.

Ian: That we were a team, a life team and we work very well together and you know it was just sad [to be eliminated so early].

There wasn’t very much bad stuff to show about you guys, right?

Teri: Right! (laughter)

What would you two say your favorite place, on your first season or this season, ever to visit?

Ian:  For me, I got to tell you, it would have to be going back to Vietnam.

Teri:  I think I loved all the places, last season and our first season.  Our first season, in Portugal it was beautiful everywhere and to see all the cities that you might not normally go to on your own.

Ian: I really liked all of the places but the emotional thing about Vietnam is what brought that answer out,  there were just so many beautiful places though.

Any final words? Do you two have anything planned for the future that you might want to let us know about?

Ian: Teri and I are very much into adventure travel so keep your eyes open, you never know were we might show up.

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/the-amazing-race/exclusive-interview-teri-and-i-5332.aspx

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2007, 12:37:35 AM »
“We Wanted to Race”: An Interview with The Amazing Race: All Stars’ Teri & Ian
by Teeuwynn Woodruff -- 03/27/2006

This week poor Teri & Ian faced horrible airport troubles that unfortunately led to their Philimination from All-Stars. What do Teri & Ian have to say about the race? What about the race reminded Ian & Teri of their honeymoon? And just how much did Teri hate staying in airports for two days?

RealityNewsOnline: Hi, guys, and thanks for talking to RealityNewsOnline!

Ian: Hi! How’s it going?

RNO: You guys were running a great race. I was sorry to see you eliminated. How far behind the Guidos were you to the Pit Stop?

Ian: Two or three minutes.

RNO: Very close! How long did it take you, Ian, to hit the plate with the rungu at the Roadblock?

Ian: Very fast, probably six to eight throws at the most.

RNO: Very fast! How much longer than the Guidos did it take you two to finish the puzzle?

Ian: Probably about three or four minutes... maybe ten minutes. We just didn’t realize that both sides of the fish were painted. Once we did, it took about two minutes to finish.

RNO: How long did the trip on the dhow take to get to Zanzibar?

Ian: Six hours. It only took about an hour to get back

(Teri laughs.)

RNO: How did you get back?

Ian: On a hydrofoil.

RNO: Did you and the Guidos chat much on the boat, or were you all too tense, knowing one of you would be eliminated?

Ian: It wasn’t tense at all. We really bonded with them. Even before getting stuck in the airport and being on the dhow with them we had been pretty friendly with them. They’re really nice people. We decided that when we weren’t able to race, we were just going to sit around and jaw and be friendly. And when it was time to race, we were just going to race. We weren’t going to be ugly, we were just going to race.

RNO: The whole airplane situation seemed to be your undoing. Do you feel better that you played the odds and lost? Or do you wish you had taken the risk Charla & Mirna did?

Teri: They didn’t take any more risks than we did. We were all trying to get on the same flight. They got on that very first flight. They were very lucky. Everybody tried to get on that flight. They were very lucky. And the same with all of the other flights. We were on standby for all of the other flights that everyone else was on standby for – priority standby, even though they were upstairs and we were downstairs. It made it seem like it wasn’t, but we all received the same treatment.

Ian: I mean, it was just a roll of the dice. Certainly, we would have preferred to be eliminated in racing mode, not getting stopped in an airport. We wanted to race. We had no control over what was going on in an airport with 10,000 people trying to go on a religious migration.

RNO: Is that what was going on?

Ian: Yes.

RNO: That’s why the flights were so full?

Ian: Yes.

Teri: To Dar es Salaam.

Ian: It was like a nightmare.

RNO: So you and the Guidos staying at the counter didn’t actually have an effect on the outcome?

Ian: None whatsoever.

Teri: If you watch, we were also put on priority standby, but I guess their priority must have been higher than ours.

(Both laugh.)

Teri: Eric & Danielle were also put on priority standby. They were the first ones upstairs, and they, too, did not make the flight.

RNO: Teri, how much did you hate spending two nights in a row at airports?

Teri: Didn’t it show on my face?!?

RNO: Yes, it did!

Teri: It was miserable.

Ian: Trust me, I haven’t seen a look on Teri’s face like that in 25 years. I was not going to get in her way.

RNO: You must have been happy to get out of there when you finally did.

Ian: Yes, certainly, but we would have loved to keep racing.

RNO: Do you think you would have come in last the previous leg if your driver hadn’t made a mistake and taken you to the nail-painting Detour task instead of the coal?

Teri: It wasn’t our driver. Our driver could only go where we told him. Another gentleman on the street helped us and we followed him. We showed him the clue and he looked at the address on the top, where the nails were, not the bottom for the coal where Ian decided he wanted to go. So it was the person who was helping us; it was his mistake. And thank goodness he made it, because not only did I not have to get all coaly, but it was easy and we came in third. We would have been in Joyce & Uchenna’s shoes had we not.

RNO: The nail painting looked like it was much easier.

Teri: Much easier.

Ian: It was really a hoot.

Teri: I saw those guys come in with coal – black from head to toe.

RNO: Were Danny & Oswald upset when they realized the manicure challenge was actually easier?

Ian: They might have [been], but they never related anything to us.

RNO: Do you think your “stop, look, and listen” mantra helped you be better racers on both races?

Ian: Yes and no. In the first race, we didn’t start “stop, looking, and listening” until the third or fourth leg because we were so on an adrenaline rush to be on the race. It took a lot of thinking to settle down on the race, and once we did we ran a fine race.

RNO: Did you learn anything from your first race that changed what you did on All-Stars?

Ian: I wouldn’t say we learned anything. We never formed any alliances on the first race because nobody wanted to be with the old people. But because of that, probably we were able to do a lot better because everyone was focusing on the “twin hunt” and Ian & Teri just kept racing.

RNO: You raced all the way to second place.

Ian: The oldest team to ever finish the race.

RNO: Very impressive! How did you prepare for All-Stars?

Ian: Teri goes to the gym every day. I go out and do a 10- to 20-mile bike ride. I lift weights at home. We’re just active people. I really think that if you’re of average physical ability and you have a mental mindset that you’re just going to go out there and race and never quit, anybody can go out there and run the race.

RNO: Were there any teams that really irritated you on All-Stars?

Ian: No, not really. Everybody has their own race. We had our own race. We went out there with three things in mind. One, to have fun, which I think you saw us do. Two, to race with dignity and grace, and I think we did that well.

RNO: Ian, you told the other teams at Elimination Station that Danny & Oswald didn’t have character or honor. What was going on with the flight bookings with them?

Ian: Well, first of all, I’ve got to apologize to them because it was the travel agent that did the screw-up, not them. We were all in the travel agency together. We allowed them to get in front of us and arrange tickets for everyone, and obviously I don’t speak Spanish, but I can read a little bit of Spanish. When the tickets were issued and we left, I looked down at my ticket and saw our tickets were not confirmed tickets. So I became a little bit concerned about it. We got the taxi to turn around and went back to the travel agency, and the travel agent flat-out lied to us. And we knew at that point that it was the travel agent, not Ozzy & Danny. But there was always a little bit of suspicion about it in my mind, but as time went on I found out that they did race with honor and that was a mistake I made.

RNO: Was there anything you saw watching the All-Stars episodes that surprised or shocked you?

Ian: I was kind of surprised by some of the teams saying such negative things about other teams. I thought that was improper, but again, everyone runs their own race.

Teri: I think it was about the same thing. I think everybody did their best to win.

RNO: You guys took paper underwear again on the race. How important do you think it is to get your packs as light as possible before the race?

Ian: I think it’s very important because it’s something that makes life easier for you. We went out ten pounds lighter, per pack, this time than we did last time. And they were much smaller packs.

RNO: I noticed Rob & Amber’s packs were very small.

Teri: Theirs were teeny, but it didn’t help them! What are you going to do, right?

Ian: This race is luck anyhow.

RNO: It seemed to us, as viewers, that you two got along even better on the race this time. Was this true? Or were you just edited differently?

Ian: I think it’s probably being edited differently. I think we were just as cohesive in the first race as this one, but if you remember, they made us look a little ugly – well, me a little ugly – in the first three or four legs of the race, but then we went to Vietnam and they just changed my whole personality.

RNO: The way it was edited, it made it seem like you had this revelation in Vietnam after going back after your experiences in the war. Was it really a moving experience?

Ian: Very. Very moving.

RNO: Was that one of the most memorable moments of the races for you?

Ian: Sure. We came in first twice in Vietnam, too.

RNO: You’ve been married for 25 years, is that right?

Ian: Almost 26.

RNO: Congratulations. Has running the Amazing Race changed your relationship in any way?

Ian: No, I don’t think so. We’re a life team. No matter what you might have seen, a little bickering here and there on the first race, Teri and I are a team.

RNO: How old are your kids?

Ian: I have one from a previous marriage, he’s 28. He’s career Army. He just got done serving two tours in Iraq and it looks like he’s going back in October.

RNO: Oh! That’s hard.

Ian: Yes, it is. We have a 20-year-old in college and a 15-year-old that just started high school this year.

RNO: What do they think about seeing you two on The Amazing Race?

Ian: I think they thought it was pretty cool. The 20-year-old was pretty nonchalant about it. My Army son was very enthusiastic about it. He got home while we were racing. And my 15-year-old thought it was very cool as well.

RNO: How did you like Elimination Station?

Ian: It was 250 yards from where we spent our honeymoon. It was fabulous. We honeymooned in Las Parisis in Acapulco and this villa was just below it. Maybe 2, 300 yards.

RNO: So was it like a second honeymoon?

Ian: It was, but we would much rather have been racing.

RNO: Are you friends with any of the teams from your first race?

Ian: Pretty much so, yes. It’s become a big family.

RNO: How about on All-Stars? Did you come away with any friendships from this race?

Ian: We’re friends – as much as I may have probably pissed off Danny & Oswald at this point, we really like them and we really like Joe & Bill, the Guidos. Mary & David were very nice. Everyone was pretty much great.

RNO: Do you have a favorite moment from All-Stars?

Ian: Favorite moment... I liked the rafting a lot. Teri going into the water with a smile on her face was cool.

RNO: And she hung on! I was impressed.

Ian: Hey, Teri’s an awesome lady!

RNO: Do you have a favorite moment, Teri?

Teri: I don’t know. Just making it there and getting through it as far as we did was good. It was beautiful.

RNO: Anything else you’d like to tell us about your race?

Teri: We wish that we were still going to be on next week! But what are you going to do?

RNO: You can tell from the race how much you love each other and you always raced smart. It was fun watching you on both races!

Teri & Ian: Thank you very much.

RNO: And thank you for talking to me.

Ian: Any time

RNO

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2007, 11:59:08 AM »
Bertram and Elise are hired by Oprah for a new reality TV show?!

Now--I love Oprah too--but this could be bad news for us, right?  How can they juggle this and TAR?? And it is ABC!

Could this mean---NOOOOO! that there is no more TAR??

OMG. :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2007, 12:18:17 PM »
I hope not!!  :'(

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2007, 12:26:52 PM »
Prays that Romber is involved some how  :luvya:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2007, 12:27:30 PM »
Puddin - shouldn't you be praying that TAR12 happens ?! FORGET ROMBER! :meow:

Offline hound 109

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2007, 12:44:53 PM »
Great (& interesting) interview of Teri & Ian. 

I wonder if they are accurate that going upstairs (at airport) didn't mean those teams got on the standby list earlier...i still suspect THAT was the reason they (& the Guidos) fell behind a full day.

Even though they said they had a better edit this time, i bet they were a little more careful in front of the cameras this time around. 

Religious migrations & World Aids day all in Africa with dhows, & jumping warriors on the island of Zanzibar.....does this show rock or what.   :jam:

Well done Teri & Ian  :hfive: 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2007, 05:56:08 PM »
Teri/Ian IGN Interview

This part was interesting...

IGN TV: Overall, how did this experience compare to your first time on the race?

Teri: Well, our first time we came in second, so obviously that was better there. And I don't know, maybe it was because we were in the race longer, but we certainly have what I perceive to be stronger bonds with those people than we might [with the All-Stars teams]. Although we do have the time with Bill & Joe, and we'll see what happens in the future.

Hope she didn't slip up and mean Sequesterville! Of course, she could have been referring to the dhow trip....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2007, 06:01:38 PM »
PEACH, in addition to the dhow trip how about 23 hours in Johannesburg airport Ian/Teri got to spend with Joe/Bill?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2007, 06:14:35 PM »
Besides that Bill/Joe don't go to Acapulco , only the first 5 teams are there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2007, 06:28:01 PM »
Oh  :doh: I knew that!  Excuse it please!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2007, 07:04:30 PM »
Enjoy!!  :jumpy:

The Amazing Race: All-Stars - Bertram Van Munster: The Secrets to Success
Bertram Van Munster reveals the inspiration behind THE AMAZING RACE and gives... Bertram Van Munster reveals the inspiration behind THE AMAZING RACE and gives us an insider view of the intense production challenges behind the series.
realone video link

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2007, 07:46:22 PM »
Oh Thank You puddin! What fun to see a little of the behind the scenes! Those cameras are right in their faces aren't they? And the poor cameramen--backpacks and a camera?

Wonder what this was for? Is it funny it appeared today after the Oprah announcement? I'm still a little nervous --though I guess the two wouldn't have to be mutually exclusive.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2007, 07:51:34 PM »
Thanks Puddin!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 29, 2007, 12:16:16 AM »
I forgot who but somebody told me that it's not normal for CBS to announce the shows that are renewed in September *THIS* early, so maybe we will get an official announcement soon?