Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 178139 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #175 on: March 06, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
(long interview)

“We Were Big Fans of Everybody!” – An Interview with The Amazing Race's David & Mary
by Teeuwynn Woodruff -- 03/06/2007

David & Mary earned the love of many in their first trip on The Amazing Race. What do these reality TV fans have to say about going on All-Stars with some of their reality TV favorites? And what was the real reason Mary was so mad at Charla & Mirna? Find out here!

RNO

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #176 on: March 07, 2007, 02:32:03 PM »
IGN's interview with Mary & David

Amazing Race: All-Stars Interview: David & Mary
"Kentucky" tells us about going back on the race, and their conflicts with other teams along the way.
by Eric Goldman

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #177 on: March 07, 2007, 10:57:46 PM »
What do you say Kogs? me & you  :lol: ?

Trenton Thunder 2007 Press Releases
REALITY TV STARS ROB & AMBER COMING TO TRENTON 

Former Survivor and Amazing Race Contestants Available For Autographs … 
(Trenton, NJ)  – The Trenton Thunder, the Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, have announced that Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich Mariano, the husband and wife duo who have starred on CBS reality shows Survivor and The Amazing Race, will be the special guests at the Thunder’s Reality TV Night presented by the Bucks County Courier Times to be held on May 3.  The Thunder will host New Hampshire at 7:05 pm. 

All Trenton Thunder tickets including season tickets, mini ticket packages and group outings for the 2007 season are on sale now by calling 609-394-3300 or online at www.trentonthunder.com.

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 11:42:23 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: March 07, 2007, 11:07:35 PM »
So if they are in Trenton 5/3--they might as well stick around for TARcon if it is the 6th! :waves:

Might get puddin to one that way! :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: March 08, 2007, 08:42:11 AM »
What do you say Kogs? me & you  :lol: ?

Trenton Thunder 2007 Press Releases
REALITY TV STARS ROB & AMBER COMING TO TRENTON 

Former Survivor and Amazing Race Contestants Available For Autographs … 
(Trenton, NJ)  – The Trenton Thunder, the Double-A Affiliate of the New York Yankees, have announced that Rob Mariano and Amber Brkich Mariano, the husband and wife duo who have starred on CBS reality shows Survivor and The Amazing Race, will be the special guests at the Thunder’s Reality TV Night presented by the Bucks County Courier Times to be held on May 3.  The Thunder will host New Hampshire at 7:05 pm. 

All Trenton Thunder tickets including season tickets, mini ticket packages and group outings for the 2007 season are on sale now by calling 609-394-3300 or online at www.trentonthunder.com.

I'm Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2007, 11:19:42 AM »
Maybe someday we will be appreciated, darn lazy journalist needs to be pointed in the right direction ..  B:) B:)

Boot list spoils 'Race' results?

By JOHN POWELL -- Jam! Showbiz
A January 27th posting on the "Amazing Race" forum at the "Television Without Pity" reality series site gives the exact order the "All-Star" teams will be eliminated. The list was posted by member "auntieb" but was originally sent to the forum operators at "Pity" by "a source close to the show."

"So since the "boot" list has been brought up, and since it now appears that the chances of it being accurate are very high, I will post it below," wrote "auntieb" in the forum before divulging the information.

With three episodes and three boots in the can, the list has been entirely accurate thus far. 

While reality shows like "Survivor" are the subject of numerous supposed boot lists each and every season, it is rare that one focusing on the "Amazing Race" is leaked. Information about the locations and the actual competitions are the norm though.

For those who just MUST know, a copy of the "Philimination List" is in-between the arrows below. To view it, highlight the area with your mouse.

<<<<<

11th: John Vito & Jill

10th: Kevin & Drew

9th: Dave & Mary

8th: Rob & Amber

7th: Teri & Ian

6th: Bill & Joe

5th: Uchenna & Joyce

4th: Danny & Oswald

3rd: Charla & Mirna

2nd: Dustin & Kandice

Winners: Eric & Danielle

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2007, 11:36:23 AM »
It's Plagiarism ah tell ya, I saw it here first darnit  :meow:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2007, 07:42:25 PM »
Quote from: Puddin
Maybe someday we will be appreciated
Mr. Google appreciates us. Type "amazing race spoilers" in the box and RFF is the #1 result.  :conf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2007, 08:17:28 PM »
Quote from: Puddin
Maybe someday we will be appreciated
Mr. Google appreciates us. Type "amazing race spoilers" in the box and RFF is the #1 result.  :conf:
Well at least thats something  :yess:!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #184 on: March 09, 2007, 03:23:01 PM »
 :yess:

Thank you JOHN POWELL    :hearts:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: March 09, 2007, 03:43:03 PM »
:yess:

Thank you JOHN POWELL    :hearts:

PUDDIN, your next mission, if you care to accept it, is to straighten out RON LEMON of Reality TV Calendar, who in an article dated today has pretty much parrotted the original version of Powell's article.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: March 11, 2007, 10:58:38 PM »
No more youtubes for me, I guess they deleted me account..GoFish it is!!
 :lol:
 Your account has now been permanently disabled.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: March 11, 2007, 11:04:41 PM »
No more youtubes for me, I guess they deleted me account..GoFish it is!!
 :lol:
 Your account has now been permanently disabled.

you had to name them differntly  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #188 on: March 11, 2007, 11:19:12 PM »
Not true.. I see other accounts are still up with Survivor & TAR videos  :waves:
I don't care GoFish is faster and the quality is better  :happy:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: March 11, 2007, 11:23:22 PM »
Not true.. I see other accounts are still up with Survivor & TAR videos  :waves:

JTF has a nice private stash if your a memeber and subscriber

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #191 on: March 12, 2007, 06:12:23 PM »
INTERVIEW:
Rob and Amber Mariano talk about their 'Amazing' wipeout

more here RTVW

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #192 on: March 12, 2007, 06:20:20 PM »
another interview
Exclusive Interview:
Rob and Amber, 4th Team Eliminated on The Amazing Race: All-Stars

link

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2007, 10:48:28 PM »
Heres the RNO interview..

“We Kicked Ass the First Three Legs” – An Interview with The Amazing Race: All-Stars’ Rob & Amber

RNO

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: March 16, 2007, 12:27:42 PM »
The Amazing "Romber" Q&A You Just Have to Read!
by Rochell D. Thomas

Rob and Amber Mariano, The Amazing Race: All-Stars
 The southernmost tip of Argentina — aka the end of the world — marked the end of the road for professional reality stars Rob and Amber Mariano. The couple — who met on Survivor: All-Stars, were engaged on the Amazing Race 7 and married on yet another reality show — seemed to be the team to beat on CBS' The Amazing Race: All-Stars, winning each of the first three legs. But following a fluke series of unfortunate events (one of which involved the spelling of "Philippines"), they lost their lead and came in last. TV Guide spoke to the pair the day after their elimination aired. As you might expect, they vowed "Romber" may be down, but never out.
TV Guide: "Romber" losing was a huge surprise, especially after you won three legs in a row. Do you think you were getting a little too comfortable?
Amber Mariano: We were definitely on a high, excited about doing so well. But we also know that The Amazing Race isn't necessarily a race from start to finish. Each leg is its own race. So we started each day with a new outlook: "Here we go!"
Rob Mariano: Yeah, I don't think we got comfortable. Honestly, we were frustrated because there's a lot you really don't have any control over. Like the crapshoot challenge that you have to find your letter in a stack of 1,600. There's no skill to it. There's no anything besides luck that's going to make you find your letter before somebody else finds theirs. It's random.
Amber: You can't prepare for that. It has nothing to do with strength or smarts or anything.

TV Guide: Did you shed a tear during the letter-sorting? It looked like your eyes were red.
Amber: [Laughs] They were probably just red from not sleeping for the past week.
Rob: Yeah, I wasn't crying. Believe me.

TV Guide: What, Rob doesn't do tears?
Rob: Nah.
Amber: Sometimes. But he didn't cry then.
Rob: I don't think I've cried since I was, like, 7.
Amber: We smiled the whole way to the finish line because we knew we were eliminated. It wasn't a surprise to step on that mat and have Phil tell us we were in last place.

TV Guide: How much time was there between your finish and Charla and Mirna's?
Rob: Maybe 10 or 15 minutes.
Amber: Yeah. Before we even opened our letter we knew we were the only ones left.

TV Guide: Correct me if I'm wrong, but in your last leg of the race you took Uchenna's directions, stole Charla and Mirna's cab, and then lied to them about the clue box. Was this karma coming back to bite you in the butt?
Rob: Let's set the record straight: I didn't steal Uchenna and Joyce's directions. I simply came out of the airplane bathroom and the flight attendant handed me a piece of paper. That's not my fault. If it's anybody's fault, it's Uchenna's fault for asking for directions and not standing and waiting for her to hand them to him.
Amber: Yeah. Rob didn't even know what he was getting when he got it. But he just took it.

TV Guide: Why would the flight attendant hand you something someone else had requested?
Rob: I have no idea. We all got on the plane at the same time and there were a bunch of camera people there.
Amber: Plus the flight attendant doesn't know that we're in a race. She probably thought we were all traveling together

TV Guide: And what about the cab?
Amber: We figured out where all the cabs start coming in, and figured, "Let's start walking in that direction."
Rob: Charla and Mirna said, "Oh, we should call a cab." But they never actually called a cab. The whole story is this: Whenever we arrive at an airport, some teams get stopped and have to go through customs. It's completely random. Originally, we were the first ones out of the airport, but then our camera guy gets stopped. So now we're the last ones out of the airport. When we got out, there were no cabs left, so I immediately took Amber and started walking up the only road coming into this place. Charla and Mirna started walking literally 10 seconds behind us. So that was made up.
Amber: And even if it was their cab, there's nothing written in the rules that says you can't take another team's cab. Rob and I play by the rules, and the rest of the game is up to you.

TV Guide: Rob, when did you realize your mistake in spelling "Philippines"?
Rob: When I saw it on television. Because despite what you saw on TV with the voice-over where Phil says teams must spell the words correctly, that was never communicated to us.

TV Guide: OK, let's switch topics. When do you plan on taking the trip you won to Whistler, Canada?
Amber: To tell you the truth, we were there last February and absolutely loved it, so maybe we'll go back next winter sometime when it snows really, really good.

TV Guide: Are you going to keep your other goodies — the motorcycles, the home gym?
Amber: We haven't thought about it too, too much. But I have a hard time picturing Rob and I on off-road dirt bikes.
Rob: Maybe we'll trade them for jet skis or something.
Amber: Because we live by the ocean, we've always talked about getting some jet skis, so maybe that's what we'll do.

TV Guide: We got a glimpse of your home on Rob & Amber: Against All Odds. How many bedrooms do you have?
Rob: Four.
Amber: But one of the bedrooms is not a bedroom, it's like an office. It's a perfect house for the two of us.

TV Guide: Not to sound like your mother or anything, but are you planning on putting any children in those other bedrooms?
Rob: Eventually.
Amber: We definitely would love to. One day. So, we'll see. When it happens, it happens.

TV Guide: How have you spoken to Susan and Patrick? Their letter was brutal. They said, "I hope this finds you lost, hungry and in last place"!
Rob: It's funny because when we read the letter, Amber and I looked at each other and were like, "Who are Susan and Patrick?" They're mad at us, but we had no idea who they were. We had to come home and look them up on the computer.

TV Guide: How does it feel to be a team people loved to hate?
Both: It's great.
Amber: We loved it. It works for us. That's why we are where we are today.
Rob: The bottom line is that when Amber and I go on TV shows, it creates a stir. And every reaction, whether it's positive or negative, does one thing, which the TV networks see, and that is, it brings in viewers. So as long as that's happening, we're doing our job.

TV Guide: How much were you guys paid to do TAR: All-Stars?
Rob: We can't talk about specifics. But we got paid a lot of money.
Amber: Yeah.

TV Guide: Unlike the regular race, where I'm assuming people don't get paid.
Rob: I can't comment about other people. But CBS made it very well worth Amber and I coming back.

TV Guide: How worth it? Are we talking Lexus sedan worth it, or Toyota Camry worth it?
Rob: Well worth it.
Amber: We have smiles on our faces.
  :snicker:

TV Guide: So what's next for Rob and Amber?
Rob: We actually have a very big project coming up. It's going to be frustrating, but we can't talk about it now. But I promise you when you hear it, you will know about it and remember how big it is.

TV Guide: Does this project involve cameras following you?
Amber: We can't really say anything.
Rob: It's not what you're used to seeing us doing, but it's going to be big. 

TV Guide: Does it involve a television network?
[Both laugh]
Amber: You're prying.

TV Guide: It's what I do. But I'll back off. Mary said you taught her to swim at the elimination station in Acapulco.
Amber: She's always been afraid of the water, but I think she always had it in her, it's just a matter of somebody making her face it. I used to teach swimming lessons when I was in college, so I got her in the water and taught her how to survive in the water. Hopefully she'll teach her kids. It is an important skill to have.

TV Guide: Rob, did you teach anyone how to play poker while at the elimination station?
Rob: No. I just tried to take their per diem money. But we had a good time. We had fun there.

TV Guide: So far TAR hasn't left South America. Is there any place you would have liked to have gone?
Rob: We went all around the world the first time. The only continent I haven't been on is Australia, so I would have liked to have gone there.

TV Guide: Amber, what did you think about the way Eric talked about Danielle's boobs all the time? I thought it was really honorable how, when they did a comparison, Rob never spoke of you that way.
Amber: I'm not sure how Danielle feels about it. But if it was me, I'd be a little bit uncomfortable. But who knows, maybe she's completely comfortable with the way he just puts them out there like that. If she's OK with it, then I won't think anything of it. But I know if I were in that situation, I wouldn't appreciate it very much!

link

Bashful

« Reply #195 on: March 16, 2007, 12:39:05 PM »
Thanks for posting the interview with TV Guide, Puddin.  I was about to do it myself!

Thank you, AMBER, for saying what I was thinking, and she said it very nicely.  Maybe Eric is just trying to keep up his frat boy appearance, but he sure comes off like a pig with the things he says.  He treats Danielle like a blonde bimbo.  Maybe she is one, I don't know.  Still, I can't imagine her enjoying the treatment she gets from him.

Also, kudos to Amber to teaching Mary to swim!  Amber seems like a very decent lady.  As much as I don't really care for Rob, I have to admire the fact that he treats "his woman" very well.  I've never heard a word of disrespect from him to or about Amber.  Plus, Amber will call him out when she disagrees, and that's a good thing.  These two have great communication!

Offline randomnzer

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #196 on: March 16, 2007, 12:45:59 PM »

JTF has a nice private stash if your a memeber and subscriber

JTF appears to have been suspended: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=JTF72

Are there any other places where non-US visitors can watch TAR episodes?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: March 17, 2007, 01:13:38 AM »
IGN interview with Rob & Amber

IGN TV: I wanted to ask you what you thought of Mirna & Charla, because they seem to be having conflict with every other team this season.

Amber: Yeah, it's really Mirna I think. It's always Mirna, screaming at other people and really screaming at Charla and giving her a hard time. She's not very cool under pressure I guess you would say, and I think that hurts them. This race is something that you have to be calm and collected and cool under pressure. And when you freak out, you make stupid little mistakes, and they can cause you the race.

more here

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #198 on: March 17, 2007, 03:36:42 PM »
Oh thanks for the warning AFTER you deleted my account!!

Dear Member:
This is to notify you that we have removed or disabled access to the following material as a result of a third-party notification by CBS Broadcasting, Inc claiming that this material is infringing:

Amazing Race 11 All Stars Cast: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj5ZvcTT284

Please Note: Repeat incidents of copyright infringement will result in the deletion of your account and all videos uploaded to that account. In order to avoid future strikes against your account, please delete any videos to which you do not own the rights, and refrain from uploading additional videos that infringe on the copyrights of others. For more information about YouTube's copyright policy, please read the Copyright Tips guide.

If you elect to send us a counter notice, please go to our Help Center to access the instructions.

Please note that under Section 512(f) of the Copyright Act, any person who knowingly materially misrepresents that material or activity was removed or disabled by mistake or misidentification may be subject to liability.

Sincerely,
YouTube, Inc.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 17, 2007, 04:00:20 PM »
i hope they don't find my youtube account!

but it's ok, i uploaded all my videos onto gofish just in case.