Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 177840 times)

Offline xRyannex

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #100 on: February 15, 2007, 03:46:36 PM »
hi everyone, just registered  ;)

thought i'd report some news I heard.  Nothing huge, though.

I was listening to my radio and all of the sudden Phil himself came on.  I was shocked!  I didn't expect him to be on a small michigan radio station.  But anways, he was.  The interview was short, but pretty good...

-they joked about him being the Philiminator
-the hosts asked why Jonathan and Victoria weren't on it.  Phil seemed to sort of avoid the question and never really answered whether or not they were asked
-Phil said none of the teams they asked back said no.  Which doesn't seem true since apparently Kelly/Jon and Meredith/Gretchen both passed on it.
-the hosts asked why Romber was back, and how sick of Romber they were.  Phil said they are very conterversial and for everyone person that hates to see them back, just as many wanted them back.  Said both of them are big characters
-the hosts asked why they would allow winners back.  Phil basically said they're getting a second chance like everyone else, but they aren't back because they were winners.  They were just entertaining, etc.  And that the show isn't about the best teams, but the most entertaining

the two interesting parts of the interview...

-Amazing Race producers asked Phil for a wishlist of 15 teams that he wanted to see back.  10 of the 11 teams on All-Stars were on his list of teams he wanted back.  The only team he didn't have was Eric/Danielle, since they weren't a team.  So he is pleased.
-The hosts asked Phil about the big bulge and asked how many socks he has in there.  Phil laughed it off and said he's heard about that on the internet  :lol:.

overall, good interview! phil was as classy as ever =)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #101 on: February 15, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
B/S ..we also heard Flo passed because Zach was not asked.
Thanks for posting xRyannex and welcome to the forum :hithere:
-Amazing Race producers asked Phil for a wishlist of 15 teams that he wanted to see back.  10 of the 11 teams on All-Stars were on his list of teams he wanted back.  The only team he didn't have was Eric/Danielle, since they weren't a team.  So he is pleased.
-The hosts asked Phil about the big bulge and asked how many socks he has in there.  Phil laughed it off and said he's heard about that on the internet  .

What is this bulge they speak of ?  :shocking:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #102 on: February 15, 2007, 04:17:38 PM »
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
The Watcher: Spoilers abound for 'Amazing Race'

By MICHAEL HEWITT
Special to the Register
What happens when you take a bunch of well known people and send them on a very public race around the world?

They get recognized.

That's exactly what happened to "The Amazing Race All-Stars."

When Rob & Amber and Charla & Mirna and the rest of the crew set out on their adventure last summer, "Race" fans everywhere took notice. And took pictures.

The result: the most-spoiled "Amazing Race" to date.

Viewers who prefer to find out what happens by watching the show will need to be especially cautious this season. Stay off the Web sites and watch the idle chatter or before you know it, you'll find out that Laguna Niguel's Team Guido finished … .

Nah, we won't ruin it for you here.

Of course, for those who enjoy finding things out ahead of time, the Watcher will share the information with subscribers to the weekly spoiler e-mail.

You'll also get the latest inside information on "Survivor: Fiji" and other reality shows. To subscribe, just send a note to watcher@michael-hewitt.net.

( I dropped him a note  :lol: ..)

OC Register

the rest of the crew set out on their adventure last summer
The result: the most-spoiled "Amazing Race" to date
I wonder if the writer confused it with TAR10.  :lol: I'd like a few more spoils. I'd especially like to throw something down in the gap that GMan mentioned between Moz and Batu. But with 3 days left, it's looking grim. Oh well...

Update!!! ( maybe we should direct Michael here :popcorn: )
Greetings fellow watchers:

Regarding 'The Amazing Race All-Stars," as promised, we have information flowing in from every corner. Now we'll find out how reliable the spoilers are.

The most certain spoiler, owing to pictures, is that the final five are Uchenna & Joyce, Danny & Oswald, Charla & Mirna, Dustin & Kandice and Eric & Danielle. That is also believed to be how they finish, IN REVERSE ORDER. The Final 3 seems reliable; the actual winner is less so.

The first three teams out are probably David & Mary, Kevin & Drew and John Vito & Jill. I think JOHN VITO & JILL leave first, but that is not certain.

That's all for this week.     

Happy viewing,

The Watcher

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
Full interview with Phil ..:luvu:

http://tinyurl.com/3baarb

Wow! I can't believe that it is Phil talking! The misstatement about Rob/Amber and Uchenna/Joyce being the only teams in AR11 to have previously competed is totally ridiculous! Phil, what about AR1 (Joe/Bill vs. Kevin/Drew), AR3 (Ian/Teri vs. John Vito/Jill), and AR10 (Dustin/Kandice vs. David/Mary)?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2007, 05:37:15 PM »
I agree--he clearly said that no teams except Romber/Uchenna-Joyce had competed directly against each other...

Shall we give him the benefit of the doubt and just blame it all on too much jet lag?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #105 on: February 15, 2007, 05:47:26 PM »
I thought the interviewer was flirting with Phil, their was something a little gay about it  :angel:

update for Kogs:
8:38 SEGMENT FOURTEEN - AMAZING RACE ALL STARS PREMIERE: The Amazing Race will
kick off its eleventh season with an ALL STARS edition. This season, the most
memorable and entertaining teams of seasons past will be back for a new
adventure. The teams will race toward that million-dollar prize AGAIN in a
competition spanning over 45,000 miles in just 28 days. Host of The Amazing
Race Phil Keoghan will join us to talk all about this year's exciting new
season starting Sunday night 8pm ET/PT.

Offline MrsEbbles

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #106 on: February 15, 2007, 06:14:27 PM »
I've been lurking, as I don't have much to contribute at this time.

Well, I was out on Usenet and saw this on a post. Are y'all talking about this?

http://tinyurl.com/277qp5

It's a KMOX radio interview, the host is a HUGE fan, has seen every episode etc. Runs about 15 minutes

It was supposed to be an in-house interview but apparently the snowstorms canceled Phil's flight.

Interesting tidbit was discussed about how Phil was detained in the Ukraine during season 10. Must of been them tanks!  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #107 on: February 15, 2007, 06:48:45 PM »
Nice to see you MrsEbbles :yaya:

A follow up on the Sequesterville story:

"I'M SORRY TO TELL YOU?YOU'VE BOTH BEEN ELIMINATED FROM THE RACE"? NOW WHAT? "Elimination Station," Featuring A Never before Seen Look at Where the Teams from "The Amazing Race: All-Stars" Go After Being Eliminated, To Stream on CBS's innertube Starting Feb. 18
        LOS ANGELES, February 15, 2007 -- See what happens when the teams from THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS are eliminated from the Race on the new web series, ELIMINATION STATION, to be streamed on innertube, CBS's broadband channel. 

Each week, fans can log onto http://www.cbs.com/innertube/ to get a free look at what happens when Teams are eliminated from the Race and sent to a secluded sequester house where they must try to cope with the disappointment of being eliminated while living alongside their fellow eliminated All-Stars.  All 13 webisodes of ELIMINATION STATION will appear on innertube in conjunction with the series' entire run. 

ELIMINATION STATION will be streamed on CBS's innertube immediately following the West Coast broadcast of each episode of THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS.  The first webisode will be streamed Sunday, Feb. 18 (9:00 PM, PT) immediately following the West Coast broadcast of the premiere of THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS on the CBS Television Network.   

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: February 15, 2007, 07:13:00 PM »
is there the finish line this season?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #109 on: February 15, 2007, 07:44:38 PM »
What is this bulge they speak of ? 

I can almost use that to tell the time.    ;D
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: February 15, 2007, 08:14:15 PM »
I've been lurking, as I don't have much to contribute at this time.

Well, I was out on Usenet and saw this on a post. Are y'all talking about this?

http://tinyurl.com/277qp5

It's a KMOX radio interview, the host is a HUGE fan, has seen every episode etc. Runs about 15 minutes

It was supposed to be an in-house interview but apparently the snowstorms canceled Phil's flight.

Interesting tidbit was discussed about how Phil was detained in the Ukraine during season 10. Must of been them tanks!  :lol:

Mrs. Ebbles, I beg to differ. The KMOX interview at 14 minutes is a significant extended interview with Phil. It's well worth anyone's time to click on LISTEN within your link to download the actual Paul Harris phone interview with Phil. Thank you very much!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: February 15, 2007, 08:18:13 PM »

OH

MY

GOD

:faint:

You owe me a new keyboard Chateau  :lol3:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: February 15, 2007, 08:40:36 PM »
I think I like the idea of the footage for the being sequestered.

Puddin any idea if fing Sprint is stealing all the good mat chat footage.  Those bastards?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #113 on: February 15, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »

OH

MY

GOD

:faint:

You owe me a new keyboard Chateau  :lol3:

what puddin said-- anybody know how to get tea out of a keyboard??  :funny: You are cracking me up today!

Is it hot in here now?? :fan:

MrsEbbles--many thanks for the GREAT radio interview link! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #114 on: February 15, 2007, 09:07:37 PM »
mswood on the Sprint f'ing question, I certainly hope not ! That Sprint stuff drove me apesh!t  :meow:

Again Mrs. Ebbles, thank you for taking the time to post and belated Valentines Day to you and Mr. Ebbles  :luvya:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2007, 10:11:31 PM »

But Sharon will always be my favorite timepiece.   :angel:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2007, 10:33:31 PM »
Boobie shadows  :lol:!!?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2007, 11:42:11 PM »
I thought I explained this?   :js:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2007, 11:48:08 PM »
My all time favorite  :jam:

Chateau wrote:

Back to work here:

I hate to call it on such crappy-ass shadows but I am inclined to believe that Bama is after Rob & Kimberly.  Bama's eve-molding shadows don't go as low as R&K's.  That means the sun was lower for Bama.  And I'm sure the time is past noon so lower sun means later in the day

Offline MrsEbbles

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #119 on: February 16, 2007, 12:03:35 AM »
It is to blush!    :beer2:

I was just trying to help out....we got 2 days to get through here!

I figured 15 minutes of a decent interview would make up for no tanks to identify!!  :ty3:

Can't wait for the introcaps....

Is it Sunday yet???????

:happy:   :wohoo:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2007, 12:31:37 AM »
My all time favorite   :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2007, 12:48:04 AM »
My TinTits were pretty good ;D?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2007, 01:00:35 AM »
Oh yeah, that too!   :tup:

And BTW they are Titanium.   :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2007, 09:20:17 AM »
Heres Phil on the Early show
video

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2007, 09:52:43 AM »
Ready, Set... It's The Amazing Race: All-Stars Preview!
by Angel Cohn

Phil Keoghan, The Amazing Race: All-Stars
 CBS' The Amazing Race doesn't hit the road again until this Sunday at 8 pm/ET — this time with an elite group of "all-stars" — and yet people are already buzzing about the return of Rob and Amber, and whether it is fair that one-time winners Uchenna and Joyce got invited back. When TVGuide.com asked affable host Phil Keoghan how the encores were chosen and if this season would in fact be harder than ever, we were relieved to make it through the Q&A without being Philiminated!

TVGuide.com: What made you want to do All-Stars?
Phil Keoghan: To be honest with you, in the beginning, I wasn't so keen on the idea of an all-star show because people started talking about it really early on in the Race franchise, like during Season 5. Over a period of time, as we got more and more really good teams, it just seemed like it had to happen. Then the big question was, "Who would we pick?" Because after 10 seasons we just had such a great range of teams from the very fresh-faced innocent racers, from David and Mary, to the old and cunning Guidos of Season 1.

TVGuide.com: I love Team Guido.
Keoghan: I would say of all the racers ever on The Amazing Race, they are the biggest fans who are ex-racers. I get e-mails from them all the time about whether they like my wardrobe, whether they like a particular eyebrow raise, if a certain team is bugging them....

TVGuide.com: Not shy at all.
Keoghan: No, they aren't shy. They seemed like they had to be in [All-Stars]. I was asked to submit a list of teams, so I put forward 15 teams. Ten of those that were picked were on my list. That's a good sign. The one team I didn't pick was Eric and Danielle, because I didn't think of that new combination, which actually is a really good one.

TVGuide.com: My personal favorite team, Kevin and Drew, made it, so I'm happy.
Keoghan: Really? You'll be interested to see what happens to them. They aren't exactly the same size they were before, they've got a few years on them, they are married now.... They are a lot of fun to watch, and I think you'll get a kick out of seeing what's happened to them since [Season 1].

TVGuide.com: Why'd you decide to let Uchenna and Joyce back on? They already won, and none of the other teams have.
Keoghan: It is an all-star show, so it is not about who won or who did really well or if you were eliminated early. The whole premise of All-Stars wasn't to pick the best racers, otherwise we could have done all the winners and teams in the top three. The goal was to pick the teams that have earned the most attention over the last 10 seasons.

TVGuide.com: Hence Rob and Amber.
Keoghan: Hence Rob and Amber. Hence Charla and Mirna. Hence Uchenna and Joyce. There has never been a more popular team that has won The Amazing Race, in my opinion, than Uchenna and Joyce.

TVGuide.com: Well, after she shaved her head and all....
Keoghan: People fell in love with them. We tried to get a balance of the heroes and the antagonists, and the people who are fun. You can only imagine how difficult it was to leave out teams like the bowling moms, the clowns and the gutsy grannies, Lynn and Alex.... There are so many great teams.

TVGuide.com: I usually root for the underdogs, but since everyone has done this once, are there any true underdogs?
Keoghan: There are plenty of underdogs, are you kidding?! They are on an equal footing, but then you have to balance everything else out. If you look at Uchenna, the guy has been one of the fastest sprinters in the world, he is lightning fast, and he's racing alongside someone like Charla, who isn't the fastest but has the biggest heart of anyone we've ever had on this show. That's the beauty of this race. There are people who epitomized being out of shape.

TVGuide.com: Are you talking about Kevin and Drew again?
Keoghan: [Laughs] No, I'm not just talking about them. There are a few of them who are pretty out of shape. There are some others who are in extremely good shape, and some who are quite shapely.

TVGuide.com: I would think that, knowing how hard it was the first time, they would have been in training.
Keoghan: But is it about physical fitness, or is it about training your mind? Or is it about being in the right place at the right time? How much difference does it make in The Amazing Race to be fit? That's what I love about the race.

TVGuide.com: Are there any fun twists that you threw in this time around?
Keoghan: The twists really come from the mix of people. For David and Mary, the biggest reality fans that you could find, to be racing alongside all of their heroes, people that they love, that's part of the twist. Do they stay enamored with these people, or do they think, "We are in this race, and we're all-stars and can win this as well"?

TVGuide.com: I've been getting a little flak for saying that I like Rob and Amber and that they are totally fun to watch.
Keoghan: Well, there are a lot of people who have already expressed that they are upset about them being in there. I think there would be more of an outcry if we left them out. Either way, we knew it was going to create some kind of controversy, or at least get a reaction from people. They had to be there. You can imagine that they elicit that same kind of reaction not just from fans, but from people who are actually in the race. People talk about them and what they think from the get-go.

TVGuide.com: Any alliances to look forward to?
Keoghan: There are definitely some interesting dynamics. There are a lot of individual teams in there, but there are also teams that have a history of following, or forming, alliances. They've had a chance to see themselves on TV and reflect on what they did right and wrong. The question is, will they take the same approach? Will they try a new approach? You'll see it all, I promise you. We've got a great course lined up. We're hitting South America and Africa, Europe, Asia... some exotic lands. And we're wanting to push things a little harder because they've done it before. You can imagine that Rob and Amber are at the starting line saying, "We're not going to be second again," along with the fact that they are racing against Uchenna and Joyce, who beat them last time.

TVGuide.com: Did you throw in more difficult challenges? It is All-Stars after all.
Keoghan: I would say that the challenges are definitely more difficult. But to be honest with you, we never take it easy on them. Every challenge that we've ever put on any show has been really designed to test people.

TVGuide.com: Are you up for another season after this?
Keoghan: I hope that the show keeps going. I don't know if it is being picked up, but the ratings have continued to improve.

TVGuide.com: Any more episodes of your Discovery Channel show No Opportunity Wasted?
Keoghan: Yeah, we sold the format to New Zealand and did six episodes down there. It did really well, it was the highest-rated show that they've had in that time slot on that network, ever! It is now in development in Canada, so hopefully we'll sell it all around the world.

TVGuide.com: And in all your spare time, you did animated segments with stories of yours on CBS' Innertube.
Keoghan: Yeah, they're fun. Someone came up with a great idea for that content.

TVGuide.com: Much use for your reindeer-racing license?
Keoghan: [Laughs] I guess if I was single, it would be a great pickup line, but it is more just something to tell my grandkids about.

TVGuide.com: Back to the Race, we here in the office just have to know how bad the racers smell when they get up to the mat.
Keoghan: There are times when they've arrived at the mat having swum through a bog in Finland, or manure in Season 4.... They really don't smell so good. There are times when my eyes water from the smell, hence my reluctance to embrace them fully. I have to be selective. I've also had people who have prepared themselves with aftershave or some perfume in order to smell a little better when they arrive.

TVGuide.com: That's considerate.
Keoghan: I think so!

TVGuide.com: Anything else exciting to look forward to starting Sunday? Cars breaking down? Run-ins with the law?
Keoghan: Cars will break down, things will break down, and people will break down.... People will miss flights, and some interesting things beyond our control will happen. It happened to me even. Last year, I got locked up in the Ukraine in immigration. This season, I lost my bag, with my wardrobe, for five days.

TVGuide.com: So we'll see you in the same outfit for, like, three challenges?
Keoghan: I had to do a little on-the-fly shopping. I always leave a spare shirt with the pit-stop captains in case my bag goes missing. God forbid I should get stinky.

TVGuide.com: I've got my fingers crossed for another season.
Keoghan: I hope so. Maybe they'll be doing the show for senior citizens one day, and I'll be walking out on one of those Segways. Or maybe they'll have little hovercrafts. [In a creaky old voice] "Teams must now make their way to the moon.... " 

TVGuide.com: Who knows, maybe we'll be on Mars by then.
Keoghan: I'm ready for it!