Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 177841 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #75 on: February 13, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »
I could have been in on it but my day was hectic with the weather calling for 12 to ?? inches of snow coming as I type this   :jumpy: :jumpy:

YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE  !!  REAL SNOW  :wohoo:  :wohoo:

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #76 on: February 13, 2007, 06:39:52 PM »
I could have been in on it but my day was hectic with the weather calling for 12 to ?? inches of snow coming as I type this   :jumpy: :jumpy:

If that is not enough for you let me know...I'll send you some of ours..  :groan:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #77 on: February 13, 2007, 06:41:50 PM »
WHAT?! we missed it?? (Oh yeah--today is Tuesday...)

Darn--I was home all day! puddin--don't you need a media assistant? :lol: :lol:

I'm really good with questions!

Snow--I remember snow--that's that white stuff under my skis--right? Be safe and stay warm!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: February 13, 2007, 07:00:17 PM »

If that is not enough for you let me know...I'll send you some of ours..  :groan:

i'd rather have no snow thank you

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #79 on: February 13, 2007, 07:31:02 PM »
Variety reports new CBS VP for reality TV to oversee such shows as The Amazing Race.

This is good news, right? If he's overseeing TAR--must mean there will BE more TAR! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #80 on: February 13, 2007, 07:32:14 PM »
Well the snow has its plus's when you have kids in school! School was cancelled and I got all my errands done today so I don't have to leave the house tomorrow and can spend more time here because I think we're in for some Amazing Goodies!!  :happy:

¡Viértame un cervaza Papi grande! :wine:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #81 on: February 13, 2007, 07:33:42 PM »
Variety reports new CBS VP for reality TV to oversee such shows as The Amazing Race.

This is good news, right? If he's overseeing TAR--must mean there will BE more TAR! :happy:
¡Beberé a ése!  :beer2:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: February 14, 2007, 11:00:13 AM »

'The Amazing Race' producer Bertram van Munster talks about 'All-Stars'

By Christopher Rocchio, 02/14/2007

Bertram van Munster says The Amazing Race fans can expect familiar faces and new places during the CBS reality competition series' eleventh installment -- and first ever all-stars edition.

We haven't changed the rules or the format of the show. That always stays the same," van Munster, The Amazing Race's co-creator and executive producer, told reporters during a conference call on Tuesday.  "It's just where we take them and the challenges we put them through [that changes].  The time it takes to do these things [determines] how people are going to react on camera."

Seven of the series' ten previous editions will be represented in the all-stars competition, with the show's first, third, seventh, and tenth editions each landing two The Amazing Race: All-Stars teams.  While the prize remains the same -- with the winning team receiving $1,000,000 -- van Munster said the difficulty has increased.

We always do more difficult terrain, territories, cities and countries," said van Munster.  "So that makes it physically very exhausting, and as a result of that, it puts a lot of pressure on your psyche also."

For The Amazing Race: All-Stars, van Munster said a leg of the competition will take teams through Equador, into the deserts of northern Chile, and then down through the southern part of the South American country.  The teams will eventually find themselves in Ushauia -- which van Munster described as the "southern most tip of the Americas" -- placing them only a short plane ride away from the South Pole.  "The globe is always on our radar," he said.  "It's really an extraordinary place."  

When mapping the course for All-Stars van Munster said he and his wife, co-creator Elise Dogantieri, never lost sight of who would be competing.  "What we have done in the creation of the race -- of course we made it very hard for people -- particularly for veterans like [The Amazing Race 7 second-place finishers] Rob and Amber [Mariano].  It's not easy to win a race like this because it was an all-star [edition].  It was no cake-walk for them by any means."

Joining Rob and Amber will be Season 1 third-place finishers Joe Baldassare and Bill Bartek as well as fourth-place finishers Kevin O'Connor and Drew Feinberg; Season 2 fourth-place finishers Ozwald Mendez and Danilo Jimenez; Season 3 second-place finishers Teri and Ian Pollack as well as fifth-place finishers  John Vito Pietanza and Jill Aquilino; Season 5 sixth-place finishers Charla Baklayan Faddoul and Mirna Hindoyan; Season 7 winners Uchenna and Joyce Agu; Season 10 fourth-place finishers Dustin Seltzer and Kandice Pelletier as well as sixth-place finishers David Jr. and Mary Conley; and finally, two people who competed against each other on different teams during Season 9 -- Eric Sanchez and Danielle Turner.

"They are reality stars, they know how to do this kind of stuff.  So for us it was really an opportunity to change the race and make it hard for them... and hard it was," said van Munster.  "These places [they're traveling to] are very unique and difficult to operate in.  You don't want to just do a rehash of what we've done and everybody knows [what to expect].  Of course we had to make it hard for them.  They were a specially select group -- very strong competitiors all of them -- and obviously they deserve to have it a little harder."

While casting The Amazing Race: All-Stars, van Munster said finding "strong competitiors" from previous seasons was a key criteria.  "Look, it's not easy to make a choice out of 220 or 230 previous competitors because we put a lot of time of time and effort and intensity in getting all these people," said van Munster.  "It's a difficult choice to cast an all-star [edition].  But we felt all very strongly as a group that this was the way to go."

The only previous winners featured on All-Stars will be Uchenna and Joyce, and van Munster was quick to point-out that he doesn't think that gives them an advantage.  "All the stuff they learned in the previous race did not necessarily mean anything," he said.  "I think it was an equal playing field [for All-Stars]." 

CBS network officials, Dogantieri and van Munster have a "close relationship," and he said the concept of The Amazing Race: All-Stars had been "swirling around" since Season 8.  "We're looking for character.  The winner doesn't necessarily mean it's the most exciting person.  We're strictly looking for character," said van Munster.  "I hope that we picked the characters right.  I think the audience might enjoy it just as much as we do.  [The teams on All-Stars] really stood out in the previous races, and that was one of the motivations [for casting them]."

van Munster noted that not a single team that was asked to be part of All-Stars turned them down.  "Most people would love to do this again, again and again," said van Munster.  Even Amber -- who reportedly swore never to try her hand at The Amazing Race again -- came back with her husband.  "It was very simple to get [Rob and Amber as part of the cast]," said van Munster.  "They loved to be part of it."  When the Survivor veterans first appeared on The Amazing Race 7, van Munster said he "wasn't sure about them," but it "turned out to be a stroke of brilliance."

"They came back [for All-Stars] with a whole renewed spirit," said van Munster.  "This time, I was really watching them like an eagle and I think they came to the race with a fantastic spirit.  And you'll see the results of it."  Rob and Amber finished second to Uchenna and Joyce during Season 7 -- but van Munster said he didn't really think about that when casting both teams for All-Stars.

"I thought to have Rob and Amber in there was a really good choice.  He has his character traits and she has hers.  In the whole context of the other contestants, we all thought it was a very good choice," said van Munster, who added while he sensed tension between all the teams, there wasn't necessarily any between Rob and Amber and Uchenna and Joyce.  "They're competitive.  It's in their bones... believe me," he said.  "You know the whole group ais an extremely competitive group.  And you will see they will all go for it."

David and Mary were apparently "in awe" of Rob and Amber when the teams met, according to van Munster, who said "there was a fantastic sense of camaraderie." 

He added that all the teams were somewhat familiar with each other and were recognized by people across the world while filming All-Stars -- especially "beauty queens" Dustin and Kandace, whose The Amazing Race 9 edition was still airing when The Amazing Race: All-Stars filmed late last year.  "We were in an airport somewhere in the world," said van Munster.  "And we're running through it, and somebody asked, "Weren't [Dustin and Joyce] eliminated last week?"

While recognition of all teams was a factor, van Munster assured that no team received an advatnage due to their familiar face -- soemthing that played heavily into Rob and Amber claiming second the last time they raced.  "There wasn't that much time for them to get those kind of advantages this time," he said.

However it would be hard to think Danielle and Eric wouldn't be at a disadvantage since they've never raced together before.  The duo met while competing against one another on Season 9, with Eric finishing second with his partner and Danielle finishing seventh with hers.  Staying in touch with all the previous The Amazing Race cast members, van Munster said he was aware the two are dating, and was a little "surprised" since the only time they really had to "start a romance" was on the the plane flying across the world during Season 9.

"To some degree you could say [they're at a disadvantage having never raced together before]," said van Munster.  "They're very exceptional competitors though."

Set to premiere on CBS on Sunday, February 18 at 8PM ET/PT, The Amazing Race: All-Stars is still "original," according to van Munster, despite the 11 teams having competed before.

"It's not always easy to have a real strategy because we try to throw them off all the time," said van Munster.  "They feel a little safer in their environments.  But you know, you go to India and you're surrounded by two billion people -- it's difficult to force your strategy through.  You have to go with the flow sometimes."

(RTVW)

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #83 on: February 14, 2007, 11:23:23 AM »
Thank you puddin.  :kissy:

Interesting: "van Munster noted that not a single team that was asked to be part of All-Stars turned them down."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #84 on: February 14, 2007, 11:26:58 AM »
Rob and Amber 'Race' Again!

February 14, 2007
Rob and Amber will face off against Uchenna and Joyce one more time when "The Amazing Race: All-Stars" premieres.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The last time AMBER and ROB MARIANO competed on "The Amazing Race," they finished in second place to JOYCE and UCHENNA AGU. But when the "All-Star" version of the series premieres Sunday, Feb. 18 at 8 p.m. on CBS, it is a whole new game!

"What we have done in the creation of the race [is that we have made] it very hard for people, particularly veterans like Rob and Amber," says Executive Producer and Co-Creator BERTRAM van MUNSTER. "It is not easy to win a race like this. Some people just came off 'Race 10.' [Rob and Amber] are reality stars. They know how to do this stuff. For us it was an opportunity to change the race and make it really hard for them. It was no cakewalk for them by any means."

Because it is an "All-Stars" show, the producers wanted to up the ante. They are sending the teams through more difficult terrain, making it physically and mentally very exhausting.

"We went through Ecuador and down into Chile," Van Munster says. "The northern part of Chile is all desert, and the lower part is like Switzerland. It is very remote, very beautiful, but hard to get through because of the climate changes."

Of the 11 returning teams, only Uchenna and Joyce are actual "Race" winners, a fact that neither helped them nor hindered them, in van Munster's opinion. They were selected because the producers were looking for interesting players who make for good TV.

"We really thought that Uchenna and Joyce deserved another shot," the producer explains. "The way the show ended with them, the way they handled themselves was just extraordinary and exemplary on many levels. We like them very much."

As for Rob and Amber, he says that they returned with a "renewed spirit."

"They are competitive," he says. "It is in their bones. The whole group is extremely competitive. You will see. They all go flat out."

(ET)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #85 on: February 14, 2007, 08:41:43 PM »
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
The Watcher: Spoilers abound for 'Amazing Race'

By MICHAEL HEWITT
Special to the Register
What happens when you take a bunch of well known people and send them on a very public race around the world?

They get recognized.

That's exactly what happened to "The Amazing Race All-Stars."

When Rob & Amber and Charla & Mirna and the rest of the crew set out on their adventure last summer, "Race" fans everywhere took notice. And took pictures.

The result: the most-spoiled "Amazing Race" to date.

Viewers who prefer to find out what happens by watching the show will need to be especially cautious this season. Stay off the Web sites and watch the idle chatter or before you know it, you'll find out that Laguna Niguel's Team Guido finished … .

Nah, we won't ruin it for you here.

Of course, for those who enjoy finding things out ahead of time, the Watcher will share the information with subscribers to the weekly spoiler e-mail.

You'll also get the latest inside information on "Survivor: Fiji" and other reality shows. To subscribe, just send a note to watcher@michael-hewitt.net.

( I dropped him a note  :lol: ..)

OC Register

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2007, 11:28:58 PM »
the rest of the crew set out on their adventure last summer
The result: the most-spoiled "Amazing Race" to date
I wonder if the writer confused it with TAR10.  :lol: I'd like a few more spoils. I'd especially like to throw something down in the gap that GMan mentioned between Moz and Batu. But with 3 days left, it's looking grim. Oh well...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: February 15, 2007, 10:33:16 AM »
Oh YEAH  :jumpy: !!

'Race' companion is raring to go

CBS is readying an online companion to The Amazing Race, chronicling what happens to each team after it is eliminated and sequestered in a house until the winners reach the finish line. Elimination Station, on cbs.com/innertube, will be posted at midnight ET/9 p.m. PT starting Sunday, when the series' 11th edition, an all-stars contest, premieres at 8 ET/PT.

USA Today

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #88 on: February 15, 2007, 10:41:02 AM »
 :hearts:

Wonder if all the "good" stuff really does happen in Sequester? Can't wait to find out!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: February 15, 2007, 10:44:09 AM »
i wonder if they stole that from tar asia when they had there clips show and showed serquesterville

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #90 on: February 15, 2007, 10:47:28 AM »
sequestered in a house

Sounds like Big Brother with backpacks.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #91 on: February 15, 2007, 10:56:48 AM »
sequestered in a house

Sounds like Big Brother with backpacks.

THAT just made my day!
 :lol3: :rotf: :lol3:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #92 on: February 15, 2007, 11:00:26 AM »
Preview tomorrow on the Early Show  :wohoo:! Nothing else could get me out of bed that early!!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: February 15, 2007, 11:05:21 AM »
Preview tomorrow on the Early Show  :wohoo:! Nothing else could get me out of bed that early!!

do you know what time exactly?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #94 on: February 15, 2007, 11:08:10 AM »
UMM no Kogs..I just saw the ad at the end of The Price is right . I'll let you know if I find out.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: February 15, 2007, 11:19:39 AM »
UMM no Kogs..I just saw the ad at the end of The Price is right . I'll let you know if I find out.

you watch the price of right??????????  :lol3: :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #96 on: February 15, 2007, 11:25:15 AM »
I'm a sucker for men with Grey hair :luvu: ...I Love my Bob!!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: February 15, 2007, 11:26:27 AM »
I'm a sucker for men with Grey hair :luvu: ...I Love my Bob!!

"the price is wrong bob!!"

i love happy gilmore

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #98 on: February 15, 2007, 12:53:28 PM »
Full interview with Phil ..:luvu:

http://tinyurl.com/3baarb

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #99 on: February 15, 2007, 01:08:27 PM »
update:

AMAZING RACE ALL STARS PREMIERE: The Amazing Race will kick off its eleventh season with an ALL STARS edition. This season, the most memorable and entertaining teams of seasons past will be back for a new adventure. The teams will race toward that million-dollar prize AGAIN in a competition spanning over 45,000 miles in just 28 days. Host of The Amazing Race Phil Keoghan will join us to talk all about this year’s exciting new season starting Sunday night 8pm ET/PT.  :hearts: