Author Topic: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*  (Read 177826 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race All-Stars Media/Library/News * maybe spoilers*
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2007, 08:19:37 PM »
Heres one for Canadians ( or maybe Slowhatch?  :kuss: )
I can't view the CTV All Stars promo maybe someone else will have some luck?

http://etalkbroadband.ctv.ca/etalk/?vid=2980

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race 11 All Stars ..*spoilers*
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2007, 10:21:53 PM »
I just watched the Bertrand and Elise show on the TV Guide Channel (thank you, Peach!). Nothing new or different except that Betrand refers to Ushuaia as "the southernmost point in South America." I suprised to learn that he failed geography! It is Cape Horn if the islands south of Ushuaia are considered (which obviously they should be) and a point in the Tierra del Fuego National Park if not. AR11 does go to Tierra del Fuego National Park, but I am disappointed to now conclude that Cape Horn is highly unlikely. Elise also referred to the pit stops as designed to be "primitive" in an attempt to throw the teams off balance.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 05, 2007, 10:27:40 PM »
PUDDIN, no luck for me either. The Internet connection is sophisticated enough to discriminate between Canadians and other and only allows those in Canada to view the CTV AR11 promo.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2007, 10:32:39 PM »
Nothing new really from the Reality Chats show.

Betram and Elise looked great--talked about how they never thought this would be as suceessful as it is--Bertram said he thought it would be a one shot deal.

Only teams mentioned: E/D ("they actually moved in together" and romance born on the flight from Sao Paulo")
                                M/C ("Charla is at no disadvantage--she is as strong as most of the guys")
                                The Guidos ("they are 6 years older and still look the same") But heee...the host called them the Gutsy Grannies?!

Locations: "We go to very primitive places--the southernmost tip of Chile to Ushuaia  (couldn't he have said Antactica and put me out of my misery?!) and Mozambique"  and that was pretty much it!

Only footage was from the team intros at Pelican Island...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2007, 10:33:22 PM »
I'm trying some Canadian Proxy connections but no luck apskip  :lol:

anyway just watched Bert & Elise and the video they showed was stuff we already saw of the teams on pelican harbor whatever .. he only gave away Chile ,ushuaia and mozambique for locations ..no mention of going to Antartica. I think thats our route.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2007, 10:46:06 PM »
heres the good part :

Host: so tell us whats new this season, I heard its suppose to be more primitive ..what does that mean? No showering or shaving?

Bert:Well thats for openers ..yeah we make it hard it because obviously they all expect to go around the world and they know exactly how to do it but, guess what they don't
They don't know how to do it because we changed it again and we took them to very very primitive places.

Host: like..?

Bert: uhh we went to Chile and down all the way to the southern point of the Americas in ushuaia which is a couple hundred miles from the South pole and we were in a place like
Mozambique Africa which is also very very primitive and uh..

Host: so they had to fend for themselves a little bit?

Bert: very much so yeah ..it wasn't easy at all

yadda yadda the host asks him if theres any place he'd like to go and Bert answers " the amalfi coast  "
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 10:55:31 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007, 10:52:07 PM »
The host was confused and thought there were only 3 teams ( she was holding a card ) ..Bert & Elise corrected her.
the three teams on the hosts list appeared to be Eric/ Dee ( played up their HOT & HEAVY romance ) , The Guidos .. Elise says they still have some tricks up their sleeves and then Charla & Mirna, Elise says Charla is stronger then most of the men and feisty.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2007, 11:04:20 PM »
So "borderline South Pole" might mean just the Ushuaia area.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2007, 11:06:37 PM »
I refuse to give up on Antarctica!  (:;)

There is just too much time between San Pedro 11/23 and Ushuaia11/26-28---I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope.....

They need us for route planners--that's for sure!   :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2007, 11:27:32 PM »
So "borderline South Pole" might mean just the Ushuaia area.
Agreed Slowhatch and thanks for the proxy head up .. I was close :lol:!! I wonder why we can see the LOST promo ( Way Cool ! )

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2007, 08:22:01 AM »
I wrote a post about van Munster last night and I noted his incompetence about geography. Seeing the text as displayed by PUDDIN, it is even clearer. No, Bertrand, the South Pole is not "hundreds of miles from Ushuaia." The South Pole at 90.0 degrees South is in fact 2000 miles south of King George Island at 62 degrees south and 58 to 59 degrees west(why was it so hard to get to the South Pole?; the explorers starting a couple hundred miles closer still had about 1500 miles of the worst weather on the planet to contend with). From King George Island there is still  about 700 miles to go before reaching Ushuaia at 55 degrees South and 71 degrees west. If you drew a straight line from the South Pole to Ushuaia it would still be over 2600 miles. Take some geography classes, Bertrand!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2007, 02:54:34 PM »
Mad TV
Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007 11:00 AM 1:00 HR
(episode: #1001)
In the 10th-season opener, a sketch about "The Amazing Presidential Race" includes "Amazing Race" cousins Charla and Mirna.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2007, 03:20:38 PM »
PUDDIN, don't you mean 11pm? that's when MAD-TV is on the FOX Network in the Eastern time zone. Feel free to MODIFY your post and delete this one.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:25:13 PM by apskip »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2007, 03:29:07 PM »
Not my typo apskip, theirs  ..which I copied and pasted as is which is obviously a typo on their part not mine  :kogs

eta: maybe its a repeat? whatever ..
« Last Edit: February 06, 2007, 03:33:35 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2007, 01:01:19 PM »
 Survvor starts tonight!  So could there be our missing-in-action videocap promo tonight? Or maybe they think we're too smart, so they won't do that anymore?

Really more Survivor news, but interesting that Michelle was a semi-finalist for TAR first...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2007, 08:36:42 PM »
No new preview still! puddin--how long before the start of the last season did the first vidcap promo get released?

And WHERE has that thread gone?  ??? I can't find it in archives or by search...

Have TPTB wised up to us?
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2007, 09:37:04 PM »
Do you mean AOL peach? We don't even know if they are doing peviews yet? A week today CBS is releasing the previews to the affiliates like they did yesterday for Survivor so we wait :popcorn:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: February 08, 2007, 09:47:33 PM »
A whole week? Darn! I thought we might see something new on Survivor tonight--but no such luck...  :(

And AOL would be nice...any new pictures would be nice!

And where did season 10 vidcap thread go? I want to check out something...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #68 on: February 08, 2007, 11:56:57 PM »
We didn't have a season 10 vidcap thread  :lol: ...you can go through the archives or help yourself to my photobucket which is somewhat organized.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2007, 10:22:42 AM »
I don't know if anyone has posted it here before, I just watch a new promo for TARAS from AXN and it's very interesting. You can see it in this page:

http://www.axn-asia.com/index.php

Haha, I think Rob/Amber being Mr. and Mrs. Reality is very funny! :lol3:

Offline x_kicks

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2007, 09:41:12 AM »
Thanks for the link, serendipity! I was trying to find an online version of that ad, and youtube doesn't have it.

Offline achillesmama

• RFF Newbie
    • Bonnie Trails
« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2007, 03:48:50 PM »

I've seen lots of promos on Survivor, none on The Amazing Race.  I'm soft on Dave and Mary, can't help it.  I don't like Rob and Amber, I think they have really done the publicity thing to death.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »
Welcome achillesmama  :yaya:

FREQUENT FLIERS' RERUN
'AMAZING RACE' BRINGS BACK ALL-STARS
By DEBORAH STARR SEIBEL
February 11, 2007 -- When host Phil Keoghan first heard the concept for the upcoming installment of "The Amazing Race," he thought it was a terrible idea. "The Amazing Race: All-Stars"? No way. That kind of "Where Are They Now?" grab bag of old contestants was for shows like "Survivor," where deprivation on a deserted island doesn't get any easier with experience. But with "Race," reasoned Keoghan, "the appeal of the show is that we've always had fresh faces, people who have never traveled the world going out and experiencing things for the first time. I thought if the same teams came back, they'd be a bit jaded and more blasé about the whole thing."

But what Keoghan hadn't counted on, he says, was how entertaining it would be to watch these 11 teams try to travel smarter. The contestants aren't all winners from the show previous 10 installments. In fact, only one team, Uchenna and Joyce, actually grabbed the million bucks, in season seven. But they're some of the intrepid globe-trotters viewers loved and hated the most: David and Mary, the Kentucky coalminers (season 10). Rob and Amber, the inescapable reality show lovebirds (season seven). Charla (the little person) and Mirna, the cousins who wouldn't let size dictate their ability to hang tough (season five).

The question quickly became: Could these teams improve on their past performance and out-strategize teams they had watched from home? Or was everybody destined to make the same mistakes all over again?

"It's not like people have gone through a whole personality change," says Keoghan. But there are differences. In Keoghan's mind, lifelong friends Kevin O'Connor (40, an accountant from Bayonne, N.J.) and Drew Feinberg (41, a court officer from Staten Island), are the most changed. They were part of the very first Race in 2001.

"Time has passed," says Keoghan. "They're married. And they're older. So it's more difficult for them to get around, physically."

But it isn't a cakewalk for anybody. It's still 28 days, five continents and more than 45,000 miles. And the strategizing can only get you so far. "In the end," says Keoghan, "the race can still knock you out."

( NY Post )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #73 on: February 13, 2007, 06:08:21 PM »
Be on the lookout!!  :happy:

02.13.2007 ***MEDIA ADVISORY CONFERENCE CALL*** BERTRAM VAN MUNSTER TO TALK ABOUT "THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS" ON A MEDIA CONFERENCE CALL TO BE HELD ON TUESDAY, FEB. 13, AT 2:00 PM, ET/11:00 AM, PT 
            Bertram van Munster, co-creator and executive producer of the four time Emmy Award-winning series THE AMAZING RACE, will conduct a media conference call on Tuesday, February 13 at 2:00 PM, ET/11:00 AM, PT to talk about THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS, the 11TH installment of the series. THE AMAZING RACE: ALL-STARS will premiere Sunday, Feb. 18 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CALL DATE:                          TUESDAY, FEB. 13TH 

TIME:                 2:00 PM, ET/11:00 AM, PT

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: February 13, 2007, 06:16:47 PM »
Oh you lucky, lucky girl! You will record it--won't you?? Podcast, anyone? :wohoo:

ooh--I'd pay to hear that! I've got a few questions.... :lol: :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule: