Author Topic: Amazing Race All Stars...Too much of a good thing?  (Read 20108 times)

Offline BFlix

• RFF Newbie
Amazing Race All Stars...Too much of a good thing?
« on: December 12, 2006, 11:42:55 PM »
Stay tuned for Season 11, an All-Star season during which you'll get to catch up with America's cutest couple, Rob and Amber, and some of the best-loved teams of seasons past. http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/2006/12/amazing_race_mo.html#more

Okay....in many peoples opinion All-Star editions are usually the signs of age. Personally, I enjoy them.

So my question to you all is this.....Should this All Star season be the end? I know, more than likely it won't be, but do you think they should end the series on an All Star high note?

I'm not going to sit here and say I'm tired of it, because I will probably watch it till the day it actually does end. I even sat through the **** fest that was Amazing Race Family Edition!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Amazing Race All Stars...Too much of a good thing?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2006, 11:51:41 PM »
I'm going to move this BFlix to the spoiler board :yaya:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2006, 11:55:08 PM »
The Hell You Say.

If they can keep the quality of the seaons (cough not family edition) heres to ten more seasons.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 12:01:16 AM »
The formula works.

Here's to Bert & Elisia.   :wine:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline godsmack

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Smile ! thanks you just made me money...lol
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 12:06:24 AM »
lets not forget the magic man      jerry bruckheimer :yess:

The formula works.

Here's to Bert & Elisia.   :wine:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 10:26:39 AM »
Stay tuned for Season 11, an All-Star season during which you'll get to catch up with America's cutest couple, Rob and Amber, and some of the best-loved teams of seasons past. http://blog.meevee.com/my_weblog/2006/12/amazing_race_mo.html#more

That web site also showed casting call dates for TAR 12! :cmas9  At least 2 more seasons.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 11:40:43 AM »

That web site also showed casting call dates for TAR 12! :cmas9  At least 2 more seasons.

TAR12 Casting Calls    :cmas20

Offline Big Papi

• "RFF's very own Amazing All-Star Papi"
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 01:22:38 PM »

Oh puddin.... :cmas9

Saturday, January 13th
10am - 1:00pm
WHP-CBS 21
Harrisburg Mall
I-83 and Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA
More information can be found on www.whptv.com

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 02:19:58 PM »
should we apply Big Papi?  :cmas26

Should this All Star season be the end?

If TAR ended I would have no need for the internet  :mas25
Bert, Elise, Jerry , and Phil  :jam:  << Huge fan of Jerry Bruckheimer! I watch all his shows but am not much of a movie goer, I prefer to wait for the DVD's.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 02:24:54 PM »

I think AR can do a All Stars good, but i think they waited to long, and made 1 major mistakes [Along with Survivor, and BB].  Not every season is needed to be inlcuded!!! Serriously it just takes away from teams that should be on [Season 6, 9, deff didnt need rep, thats two open spots].   They also need to focus on early seasons, not later ones [Props to Survivor, BOO to BB and AR]

I also think it would be good to have the final season as a All Star, it makes sense.  I mean after ASS it just wasnt the same, or at least i dont think so, it was dead after ASS.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 04:01:57 PM »
Why exactly should seasons 6 and 9 be excluded.

Task and route wise they weren't the easiest season.

They did feature between them 3 teams that have a better race average then lets see, why every other team cast in the Amazing Race.

Persoanlity wise.  Did they not cast some memerable characters?    They certainly ddi do thee xtent that tehy have racers in both those seasons that frequently come up in any talk about the Race or racers.

Did they not have teams you liked?   Well that is completely subjective. And of course every one has differnet teams they like.

For example, I may not have loved the Hippies, but they were exceptionally popular and ran performance wise the third strongest race out of all the teams in all seasons.  They tied the number of wins a team as ever gotten in  a official 12 leg race (Colin & Christie got 6 but they had officiallly 13 legs and if you break down the TBC into 2 seperate legs then Eric & Jeremy tie that 6 leg record and actually do it faster then COlin & Christie and have a considerable better race average then Colin & Christie.).  They were characters that stood out personality wise, and they certainly weren't bland.

Though I do agree that they shouldn't be forced to include all seasons or give all seasons equal representation (which isn't happening in either of those cases).  Since seasons 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 are getting according to rumors two teams from each season while Seasons 9 and 2 are getttingone, and 6 and 4 are rumored to have one, but it is possible that they don't have representation.  And no team is represented in season 8 though they did actually originally consider that season.

As for Survivors while the ratings are down (which is typical most seasons tend to lose viewers then gain), I actually have liked this season better then many of the previous ones.  THough I am not a big fan of survivor to begin with.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 04:49:09 PM »

They did feature between them 3 teams that have a better race average then lets see, why every other team cast in the Amazing Race.

Persoanlity wise.  Did they not cast some memerable characters?    They certainly ddi do thee xtent that tehy have racers in both those seasons that frequently come up in any talk about the Race or racers.

Did they not have teams you liked?   Well that is completely subjective. And of course every one has differnet teams they like.

For example, I may not have loved the Hippies, but they were exceptionally popular and ran performance wise the third strongest race out of all the teams in all seasons.  They tied the number of wins a team as ever gotten in  a official 12 leg race (Colin & Christie got 6 but they had officiallly 13 legs and if you break down the TBC into 2 seperate legs then Eric & Jeremy tie that 6 leg record and actually do it faster then COlin & Christie and have a considerable better race average then Colin & Christie.).  They were characters that stood out personality wise, and they certainly weren't bland.

Though I do agree that they shouldn't be forced to include all seasons or give all seasons equal representation (which isn't happening in either of those cases).  Since seasons 1, 3, 5, 7, and 10 are getting according to rumors two teams from each season while Seasons 9 and 2 are getttingone, and 6 and 4 are rumored to have one, but it is possible that they don't have representation.  And no team is represented in season 8 though they did actually originally consider that season.

As for Survivors while the ratings are down (which is typical most seasons tend to lose viewers then gain), I actually have liked this season better then many of the previous ones.  THough I am not a big fan of survivor to begin with.
Rob and Brennan [LEFT OUT]
Frank and Margarita [LEFT OUT]
Nancy and Emily[ LEFT OUT]
Flo and Zack [Left Out]
Tara and Will [LEft Out]
Ken and G-Rod [LEFT out]
Millie and Chuck LEFT OUT
Kelly and Jon LEFT OUT
Jon and Al LEFT OUT
Chip and Kim [Left Out]
Colin and Christie [LEFT OUT]
 Now replace Tian and Jaree, Season 6 Team, Danielle/Eric,  David and Mary, Uchenna and Joyce, Jon Vito and Jill

And another theory. OSwlad and Danny had #2 on backpacks so they were second on starting line.  I would think teams be introduced in seasonal order, so if thats true Kevin and Drew were left out too!!

People on the race were open about being discgusted with season 6, and season 9 was no winner.
I think AR should have went to its roots leaving all teams from seasons 6-10 out aside from Romber and Dustin and Kandice, the other 10 teams should have been from seasons 1-5.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 08:47:33 PM »
Yeah, but while I like most of hte racers on your list.

Several are reportedily either not interested in racing again or not available to race again.

And while with the "rumored list of 13" out of those sure I would chance some.  Like I would make Danielle & Eric into Eric & Jeremy.

I would change David & Mary to Linda & Karen the Bowling Moms who are also the everyoman and certainly raced a few legs better then David & Mary.

I would trade Tian & Jaree in for Rob & Brennan (who do want to do it again).

I would boot John Vito & Jill for several otehr couples that I find both better racers and more entertaining.   Ideally COlin and Christie but they aren't available.

I would boot Uchenna & Joyce for Frank & Margarita but they apparently don't want to race.  And frankly While I like Chip & Kim I think Uchenna & Joyce are better racers.  And I would want at least one African Amerrican Team (which is also I believe the view of the Producers.

But I certainly find both entertaining and worthy teams in each seasons of 6, 7, 9 and 10.

I would just probably end up with only one team from those seasons, probably none from season 4 and 2 from seasons 1, 2, 3, and 5.

And the teams I pick wouldn't just be teams I like, but teams that have earned it.  I don't care for Charla & Mirna and indifferent to BQ, but both in my opinion based on racing ability should be on it.  I am not a huge fan of Guido's or Kevin & Drew, but I can certainly agree with them being on the list.  I probably would put Ken & Gerard in Kevin & Drew's place.  Both teams are funny, but htis team had a better record and got along better.  But I would put both above the clowns.  But I would be happy if the clowns were int hat spot as well.   Any of those three "funny" teams would pelase me.  But I do think I would only include one (which is how many are normaly on a season.

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 08:59:09 PM »
should we apply Big Papi?  :cmas26

Let's go for it puddin  :cmas10

I tried my darnest to get a couple of Eric's siblings to go to the casting call in Cleveland for AR 10 to no avail. I begged (for family redemption lol, :meow:) threatened  :knuckles:, attempted bribery, etc, etc, etc.  Our Cleveland team did not do too well  :cmas5?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 09:01:48 PM »
Oh Big Papi! that would have been a fun idea! Sibling Amazing Race!!  :cmas17

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2006, 09:17:25 PM »
His sister was all for it but his brothers bailed on her. Maybe next time. They'll show him how it's done.  :cmas9

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 10:10:05 PM »
Honestly Big Papi, I would never want to do it ..I wouldn't be able to stand what the mean message boards were saying about me.

Offline Big Papi

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 10:36:20 PM »
I know what you mean. You'd have to stay off most of the forums no matter how thick your skin. It takes a lot not to reply to some of the trash.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 10:51:15 PM »
I'ts disturbing ..but thats about all you can expect bottom dwellers asshats? If I could change it I would  :cmas17. I'm cheering for our team to Go All The WAY   :jam: !! That will shut them up!!

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 11:08:59 PM »
I'ts disturbing ..but thats about all you can expect bottom dwellers asshats? If I could change it I would  :cmas17. I'm cheering for our team to Go All The WAY   :jam: !! That will shut them up!!

i am also cheering for our team  :jam: :jam: :jam:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:43:04 AM by Kogs »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 11:43:49 PM »
Yeah the cool thing about this forum is 99% of the time even if someone has different liks or disliek we just tease tehm abot it.  ANd don't try and tear the teams to shreads.

Go, knows if I was TV the things people would say.  Starting with get teh hell off my tv (and that would also be the nicest).

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 06:24:09 AM »

Rob and Brennan [LEFT OUT]
Frank and Margarita [LEFT OUT]
Nancy and Emily[ LEFT OUT]
Flo and Zack [Left Out]
Tara and Will [LEft Out]
Ken and G-Rod [LEFT out]
Millie and Chuck LEFT OUT
Kelly and Jon LEFT OUT
Jon and Al LEFT OUT
Chip and Kim [Left Out]
Colin and Christie [LEFT OUT]
 Now replace Tian and Jaree, Season 6 Team, Danielle/Eric,  David and Mary, Uchenna and Joyce, Jon Vito and Jill

And another theory. OSwlad and Danny had #2 on backpacks so they were second on starting line.  I would think teams be introduced in seasonal order, so if thats true Kevin and Drew were left out too!!

People on the race were open about being discgusted with season 6, and season 9 was no winner.
I think AR should have went to its roots leaving all teams from seasons 6-10 out aside from Romber and Dustin and Kandice, the other 10 teams should have been from seasons 1-5.

It would have been interesting if CBS had let viewers vote on which teams they would like to have on the race.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 09:17:05 PM »

Oh puddin.... :cmas9

Saturday, January 13th
10am - 1:00pm
WHP-CBS 21
Harrisburg Mall
I-83 and Paxton Street
Harrisburg, PA
More information can be found on www.whptv.com

I guess,Puddin, that  if you are going to be in Harrisburg on the 13th, you won't be able to meet me in Marksburg that same weekend.  Damn, now I will have to tell my staff of 240 that they don't need to heat the old place up!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 09:52:42 PM »
NO NO I will keep the castle warm for us Gman !! Promise!!  :cmaslol

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 10:14:52 PM »
NO NO I will keep the castle warm for us Gman !! Promise!!  :cmaslol

g-man has a staff of 240?