Author Topic: Candice  (Read 19333 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Candice
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:34:37 AM »
awwwwwwwww damn i didn't want her to go...
but the whole thing about keeping jonathan around until the end to secure votes may just screw yul if its him as the "treo" asked him to get rid of jonathan....he really should have considered it.

Love the good bye kiss and nathan's reaction the whole tribal counsil.  So much fun to watch them ATTACK jonathan...
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Candice
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 11:05:05 AM »
Good ridance to the hypocrite.

Bashful

Re: Candice
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 12:42:55 PM »
article courtesy of tvguide.com

Survivor's Candice Talks About Her Lip-smacking Send-off
by Angel Cohn

Candice by Jeffrey R. Staab/CBSCandice Woodcock, Survivor: Cook Islands
If you've got to get your torch snuffed on Survivor: Cook Islands, there are worse ways to go out than with a big juicy kiss from your hot island fling. Or are there? TVGuide.com caught up with Candice Woodcock the day after her ouster to find out if her smooch from Adam was sexy or skanky — after all, they have been on the island 30 days without toothbrushes! — and also to see what the pre-med gal was thinking when she went on a rant against her former Aitu tribe mates.

TVGuide.com: I was actually pretty impressed that you got up the nerve to let it all out in last night's episode, to tell the Aitu alliance and Jonathan what was up.
Candice Woodcock:
Well, you know, I generally can control myself when I'm upset. I don't have to go off on somebody. But at that point, I had done everything I could do to rationally talk to people and try to see if I could change the way things looked like they were going, and basically everybody told me, "No."

TVGuide.com: Did you think there was any chance that maybe you had swayed Yul's mind?
Candice:
Well, no. Yul just said to me, "You know what, Candice? I'm going to be completely honest. Not happening." So, I just thought at this point, if I'm going to go down, I'm going to go down swingin'. And maybe I can stir up enough trouble to deflect a few votes and maybe, I don't know, bring somebody else down with me.

TVGuide.com: Do you think that they made a bad decision?
Candice:
To vote me out?

TVGuide.com: Yeah.
Candice:
Uh, no.

TVGuide.com: No?
Candice:
The Aitu people, I did betray them — we were friends and still are friends — but it was a game. I think Yul had a quote where he said, "The two who mutinied left the Aitu people for dead," so I got what I deserved. They were sending me to Exile Island.

TVGuide.com: Repeatedly.
Candice:
I didn't blame them for being angry. But I thought maybe they could have put a little of the hurt on Jonathan, too.

TVGuide.com: Yeah, they never send Jonathan to Exile, though he mutinied as well.
Candice:
Well, they were very smart, and they made the strategic move of sending me because they knew that I was the one who had the "in" at Raro, not Jonathan. They wanted to keep me away from that tribe, so I wouldn't be able to strategize with them.

TVGuide.com: OK, but sending you into exile after the tribes merged was just a little mean.
Candice:
Yeah. I was very upset about that. Becky actually cut up a few coconuts to give to me at the immunity challenge, because she felt really bad and knew I didn't get anything to eat. But it was a game, and I understood that, and they understood it was a game and that I mutinied not to be mean. It was strategy.

TVGuide.com: So, any regrets about mutinying and not waiting until a merge?
Candice:
To be honest, it would have probably been better to wait until the merge, but I could have never known that ,when I went over to Raro, we were going to lose every immunity challenge and every reward challenge. And I could have never known that Jonathan would flip back, or that we'd get this bottle that said we'd have to vote out two people. It was kind of a rough turn of events. As Nate always said, "Karma's a bizzle." I think if any one of those things had gone differently, I would have made it a lot further in the game, but it's an unpredictable game, and that's what makes it so fun and so crazy. It is what it is.

TVGuide.com: Were you stunned that Jonathan followed you on the mutiny?
Candice:
I was. I actually expected Sundra to step off, because she and I were close and we actually had a discussion with Nate when we pulled him over to Aitu about maybe Sundra, Adam, Parvati, Nate, Rebecca and myself forming an alliance after the merge. But Sundra is more conservative in her decision-making, so that probably scared her, and she didn't move. If you actually watch the episode, I kind of turn around and look them straight in the eye like, "Let's go," but she didn't, and I'm like, "Oh crap!" And then Jonathan steps off, and I'm like, "Ohhh, wow, this is going to be fun," because I just knew the personalities at Raro were going to clash with Jonathan because he's a strong personality.

TVGuide.com: Yeah, to say the least. Any chance you and Jonathan will get along outside of this game?
Candice:
I really like Jonathan. I think he's a good guy. He was with me from day one; he did turn his back on me, but I did the same thing to Aitu. I understood that Jonathan was put in a tough spot, and he made the best decision that he thought he could make with the information that he had, and I can't blame him for that. I really kind of gave it to him when I was leaving, but I was trying to save myself.

TVGuide.com: You kind of got the best send-off in Survivor history, by the way. But I have to ask: How is it kissing someone when no toothbrushes have been on hand?
Candice:
Well, we were out there for so long, we didn't smell ourselves. We'd walk in and Jeff [Probst] would be like, "Wow, you guys really stink," and I'd be like, "What? I don't smell anything." Obviously, you know rationally that everyone's gross. But we did use hibiscus twigs to kind of brush our teeth everyday, and gargle with salt water or whatever. I'm not saying that it wasn't nasty because it was a little gross, but when everyone's just as dirty as you are, it puts everybody on an equal playing field.

TVGuide.com: Is there any chance for you and Adam outside of Survivor?
Candice
: No.

TVGuide.com: Not even a "maybe"?
Candice:
No.

TVGuide.com: Any reason in particular?
Candice:
We are very different people and very different personalities. In the game, you have only a few people to choose from to work with and we got along and he trusted me. I don't know why he decided to trust me, but he did and I knew that and I knew he wasn't going to turn his back on me, and that's a great thing to have in a game.

TVGuide.com: Now, are you still in med school? Or pre-med?
Candice:
I'm in a graduate program at Georgetown [studying] physiology and biophysics. And it kind of mirrors the first year of medical school. I'm applying to med schools now, and hopefully I'll be there next year.

TVGuide.com: I read in your bio that you've been a fan of Survivor, and it even inspired you to go to Africa to work.
Candice:
Oh, yeah, I'm a huge fan, and I've never missed an episode. People who know me know that when Survivor's on, you do not call me. And if you're in the room with me, once the commercial's over, you do not talk, you will get "shushed." I love the show, I love everything about it, I think it's one of the biggest challenges you can put yourself through. You're starving, you're uncomfortable.... It's a social game, it's strategic.... You've got the physical challenges.... It just challenges you in every way, and I've always loved that about it, and I was so excited to be able to be a part of it. I've been on cloud nine ever since I got the call to say, "You're on the show." So, yeah, it's great.