Author Topic: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '  (Read 156451 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '
« Reply #325 on: December 07, 2006, 08:17:41 PM »
Tyler & James conquered iadversity n their personal lives. Now can they conquer the world?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #326 on: December 07, 2006, 08:21:39 PM »
Lyn & Karlyn, the long shot moms..will they defy the odds?

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:41:16 PM by puddin »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #327 on: December 07, 2006, 08:29:06 PM »
peach!!!

:plane: I've tracked the Porter to the Corbas airfield near Lyon; the ECPL homepage is here. I think the second plane may be a match as well; compare the pink splotches with the preview cap. I haven't matched the aerodrome yet, but I've attached a kmz with the co-ordinates given by the ECPL website.

ooops...missed that post!

Question--do the screencaps/previews show BOTH Rob and Kimberly jumping??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #328 on: December 07, 2006, 08:31:56 PM »
I was just thinking that this flying organization could do the service at another field.  Their field and environs do not match the preview.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2006, 08:32:56 PM »
No peach just Kim/Tyler/Karlyn with their partners in the :plane: ( assumes Lyn is in the plane )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #330 on: December 07, 2006, 08:39:54 PM »
Thanks banzai wherever you are  :cmas26
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVmDbTn8FF8

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #331 on: December 07, 2006, 08:40:25 PM »
If I have that gravestone correctly placed then I can propose a theory on the order of the teams arrivals:

T&J Are shown running past the gravestone toward the mat.
Bama and R&K are shown running in front of the modern housing units toward the mat.
Why are there such different approaches?
T&J used the obvious direct approach to the mat (the right fork in the driveway).
I think Bama and R&K arrived before T&J and took the left fork in the driveway because of production screening or direction (not just because they were lost).
Then, later on, when T&J arrived the production screen or redirect was removed so T&J could just get to the mat.

So here's my prediction:  T&J are 3rd.

After looking closer at GE I don't think the teams took different approaches. There is a creek and a foot bridge going over the creek between most of those dorms and the final mat. Bama and R/K would have to run almost back to the road and take a sharp left to run towards the mat. T/J pic is much closer to reaching the mat. And remember in summer the trees and shrubs are full and they probably wouldn't see the mat until they passed the 2nd house.

The question is why are they coming from that direction? If it was to do a final task they wouldn't have them see the the mat before the task. Do we know if the area just southeast is also part of the academy? Perhaps they went there and completed a task (maybe in that field) and then ran to the mat. It's less than a half mile and we've never seen teams pull right up to the final pitstop and jog just a few feet anyway.

ETA: Maybe I have them running through the woods? :cmaslol Just saying that I don't think the taxi's would drop them within viewing distance of the mat so they have to coming from somewhere.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:44:28 PM by supsandalee »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #332 on: December 07, 2006, 08:44:39 PM »
bump..I'll update his soon

silence  :cmaslol

well I should start somewhere ..

"Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever" -- The final three Teams race to the Finish Line for their chance at the One Million Dollar Prize, on the finale of THE AMAZING RACE 10.

Detour clues
*Once they arrive, Teams battle it out in a tedious Detour that causes frustration and arguments to ensue.
 *Teams must do everything they can in order to maintain their composure and finish the task in order to receive their next clue.

:bar:
Clue: *The final three Teams depart Spain and travel to France, knowing that every decision they make is crucial in this final leg of the Race.

Chateau d If ':
 " I also think Bama and R&K take a lead after finishing the tomato task.  This lead continues into the final leg because they are about one hour ahead of T&J at the Eiffel Tower.  The spoiler shots have them getting their packs at the base of the tower at a picture time about one hour earlier than T&J who are still at the 3rd level.  That sustained lead comes from Bamas and R&K catching a better flight to Paris.
"

Boingo: " The "blue" train is most likely the TGV, PARIS-LYON-MONTPELLIER-BARCELONA.  Looks like they get to Paris via train. 

" we're going to Paris!"

Chateau d if: This shot was taken between 8 and 9 pm at the Gare Saint Lazare in Paris (assumes June 23rd)
Bama's
clue to find the Eiffel Tower?
Bama's
clue: * One team struggles to find the route marker. will they be able to catch up?
T/J

" wheres the Eiffel Tower? DUH"

Detour? Task? Find the clue box/Eiffel Tower
from tarflies one_hardja
I spotted the teams in Paris.. YES, PARIS.. In Eiffel tower. I saw the clue box and camera crews on the top of Eiffel tower.. It was Friday, 23 June 2006, in the morning..
Here are the pictures that I managed to get in Paris, Eiffel Tower.. It was Friday, 23 June, around 9 to 11 am..

Chateau d If:
This picture was taken between 9:14 and 9:19 am on June 23rd, 2006.

Rob & Kim , task complete

Lynn & Karlyn, task complete
Tyler & James, better late then never
Roadblock/ France
Slowhatch & Boingo & Chateau: " F-GYRY  larger photo
Slowhatch: " I've tracked the Porter to the Corbas airfield near Lyon; the ECPL homepage is here."
Clue: *At the Roadblock, a 12,000 foot skydive causes a rift between team members that must be mended before they can move forward.

Tyler
James watch's

Karlyn

Kim
 Rob watch's

more trains not sure where they go yet?
Clue: *One Team gets left behind when the other two Teams discover and board an earlier train to their next destination.
Clue:* One team gets left at the train station. Could this be the end of the duo?
Boingo: "It's a Paris RER Metro Train...  Found double-decker train photo in Gare de Lyon Station (Paris)

more R/K
T/J

Airport Charles DeGalle

Tyler/James " Say your deepest prayers ever "

< maybe CDG?
New York

Clue: *Teams battle it out in the final destination city in an all out effort to reach the Finish Line first and claim the One Million Dollar Prize.
Clue: * Teams battle it out in the final city. Who will win the amazing race and take home the million dollar prize?

Equalizer!

jlaw:
I was on a flight from Paris to New York on June 24 with 3 TAR teams - 2 young guys, 2 african american women and a man & woman....  Air France flight 8600 from Charles DeGalle to JKF.  Departed 6/24 @ 825am

Chateau d if : This is Bama getting their taxi at JFK.  (photo source)

Kogs: those buildings where just sold, and my mom saids she see's them when shes on the fdr.

Rob & Kim

Bama

Tyler/ James

PHIL !!

The Finish Line !!
This is it!
 :yess:
It's opposite West Point across the Hudson.

It doesn't show on some internet maps, but I found a google adaptation which shows Chateau's place as St. Basil's road, and the buildings are the academy.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 09:06:36 PM by puddin »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #333 on: December 07, 2006, 08:54:38 PM »
It would be an easy thing for WRP to pay some para-club for a remote job; they did it in TAR3, paying an Arizona company to work out of Mexico City (Teques-something  :cmas27). So F-GYRY may be out of Lyon, but I haven't matched the hangar yet (there's a large pole or flagstaff in the cap; there should be a shadow in the GE Corbas field, but I don't see one). On a semi-related subject: are all the train shots Metro/RER, or can anything be definitely spotted as TGV?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #334 on: December 07, 2006, 09:04:26 PM »
I was just thinking that this flying organization could do the service at another field.  Their field and environs do not match the preview.

I like my Paris skydivers...maybe they use Beauvais Airport --50 miles NW of Paris.  Don't planes get around--kind of like boats? I thought they are never in their home "port"....

Is my blue plane the same?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2006, 09:14:33 PM »
And could this guy and the Paris skydiver guy be the same?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2006, 09:23:36 PM »
TWO videos from IGN !! :cmas23

Not surprised its Rob & Kim that fight  :cmas16

http://media.tv.ign.com/media/826/826377/vids_1.html

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #337 on: December 07, 2006, 09:34:08 PM »
classical face by lyn when karlyn is jumping.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #338 on: December 07, 2006, 09:36:39 PM »
Lyn conf: who would have thought at the beginning of the race that these two girls from Alabama would have been in the final 3.
<cut>
Karlyn voice: I want to win the race for my daughter cuz it would be such a signifigant change in my life and I want to win for Lyn's family because I know that it would change her life as well.
<cut>
Lyn Conf: we have made history

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #339 on: December 07, 2006, 09:37:43 PM »
Thanks, Puddin; I'll work on the address. The last time I checked, Lyon wasn't oceanfront property  :-[; looks like it's back to the drawing board.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #340 on: December 07, 2006, 09:46:41 PM »
In the video the church that Bama is asking directions to is in Barcelona (the Sagrada Familia).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #341 on: December 07, 2006, 09:48:42 PM »

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #342 on: December 07, 2006, 09:50:55 PM »
HoO are 0900-1800; unless there's a clue box outside, there's going to be another bunchup.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #343 on: December 07, 2006, 09:55:20 PM »
 :rotf:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #344 on: December 07, 2006, 09:57:07 PM »
there is no roadblock at the finish line site see'ing how the 13th roadblock is the skydiving

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #345 on: December 07, 2006, 10:11:15 PM »
The last time I checked, Lyon wasn't oceanfront property  ; looks like it's back to the drawing board

Heee...so much for Paris too!

Looks like skydiving should be either Barcelona or another place off the coast in NY...

There is a good shot of the registration # on one of the planes--is it different from what we thought before?

The guy in blue talking to Karlyn definitely has an accent...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #346 on: December 07, 2006, 10:14:20 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #347 on: December 07, 2006, 10:19:12 PM »
The last time I checked, Lyon wasn't oceanfront property  ; looks like it's back to the drawing board

Heee...so much for Paris too!

Looks like skydiving should be either Barcelona or another place off the coast in NY...

There is a good shot of the registration # on one of the planes--is it different from what we thought before?

The guy in blue talking to Karlyn definitely has an accent...

Weathers too nice to be the East Coast  :cmaslol

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #348 on: December 07, 2006, 10:23:39 PM »
Thanks for the plane shot--registration #'s starting with F are French....

Now it isn't very far from Barcelona to some of the southern coast areas of France...Beziers, Marseille, Nice, etc...lets look on the Riviera!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #349 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »
Like almost everything else, there's a database for dropzones  :cmas27; if we can agree to eliminate Reunion island, that leaves only 39 entries to search.  :rotf: