Author Topic: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '  (Read 156441 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '
« Reply #125 on: December 04, 2006, 09:34:48 AM »
Can you youtube it please?  :cmas24

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #126 on: December 04, 2006, 09:39:38 AM »
Early guess for the bridge where L/K are opening the clue in the AOL preview -- this one in Lyon near the Hotel Dieu...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:43:02 AM by mwooden »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: December 04, 2006, 09:43:47 AM »
Actually, the more I look at GE, the less I like Hyde Park as the finish. The cemetery is across the road away from the waterfront (see red arrow below), and I don't see a match for the hills/mountains behind Phil or a break in the trees along the river at Hyde Park for the finish line area. There's also a major road right along the riverbank (yellow arrow) -- I don't see that in the promo clips, nor would they want to set up the finish along a roadway.

Don't be so fast to dismiss the promo clips & GE image of Hyde Park.  The banks of the Hudson River near Hyde Park are quite steep.  According to GE, the roadway by the river is at an elevation of 10-30ft, while the grassy open area atop the cliff is at 200ft.  The roadway might not be seen at all.  The finish line may actually be at the Vanderbilt Mansion National Park (in Hyde Park, NY).  

ETA: Looks like the riverside "road" is actually "train tracks". 

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 09:52:44 AM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #128 on: December 04, 2006, 09:45:07 AM »
Maybe its not a graveyard graveyard but a family graveyard?

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2006, 09:54:06 AM »
That's possible, Puddin -- can anyone pluck out a graveyard near the river on GE?

Also, FWIW, the name of the bridge above is Pont Wilson in Lyon -- not sure it's a match but it looks pretty close to the one with L/K in the AOL promo. Still looking for the right view...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2006, 09:55:11 AM »
< " we are the first female team to make it into the final 3 ...we have made history"

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2006, 09:59:59 AM »
I suspect Bama opening their clue is the beginning of the leg.  Thus they would near the fountain in Barcelona.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #132 on: December 04, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #133 on: December 04, 2006, 10:02:08 AM »
That's possible, Puddin -- can anyone pluck out a graveyard near the river on GE?

Googled St. James Church, Hyde Park (near Vanderbilt Mansion site) and it said FDR attended this church which has a historic cemetery.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #134 on: December 04, 2006, 10:04:41 AM »
I saw that one, Boingo -- but it doesn't seem to match up with the finish line on the water front -- see GE map on last page...

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #135 on: December 04, 2006, 10:16:27 AM »
I think the L/K voiceover at the beginning of the AOL promo has been edited from at least 2 different speeches:

1. We are the first female team ever to make the final three -- we have made history...
2. Now we just have to be the first team to win the million dollars...

I'm suspecting this because that testimonal at the beginning of their segment looks to be at the finish line area... and the second part of the statement makes no sense if they've already finished the race.

BTW: Don't think I had the right bridge in Lyon after all -- with this close up, the pillars look different...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #136 on: December 04, 2006, 10:22:26 AM »
I think the L/K voiceover at the beginning of the AOL promo has been edited from at least 2 different speeches:

1. We are the first female team ever to make the final three -- we have made history...
2. Now we just have to be the first team to win the million dollars...

I'm suspecting this because that testimonal at the beginning of their segment looks to be at the finish line area... and the second part of the statement makes no sense if they've already finished the race.

BTW: Don't think I had the right bridge in Lyon after all -- with this close up, the pillars look different...
Thats how I'm hearing it to mwooden.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: December 04, 2006, 10:30:21 AM »
 :cmaslol  Not to be obvious, but could the Lyn's be on a bridge in ParisIs that the Eiffel Tower in the background, with the Trocadero on the right?  :cmas5 

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #138 on: December 04, 2006, 10:38:02 AM »
 :cmaslol Boingo, I didn't even think of that being the Eiffel Tower.  :groan: Still early in the day...

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: December 04, 2006, 10:40:01 AM »
 :cmas11  My gawd, mwooden.  Is there ANYTHING you agree with?   :rotf:    :meow:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #140 on: December 04, 2006, 10:45:25 AM »
No, I DO agree with you Boingo -- I was saying that I was an idiot for not thinking of that being the Eiffel Tower.   :cmas16

Offline kristin626

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #141 on: December 04, 2006, 10:58:58 AM »

look at that picture and count legs, there are 10 pairs of legs waiting...A case could be made for the frat boys to the left or rob and kimberly to the right of the mat, but I don't think any of those could be bama...that would make me VERY happy to see them not win...what do yall think?

and yes, i agree that none of them are wearing the right cloths, BUT it looks like it was sorta chilly with all the other teams wearing pants...so perhaps they threw on other shirts or pants etc?!

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: December 04, 2006, 11:03:06 AM »
Question: Do you think they will have a task at the final mat like in TAR 8 and 9? Those were roadblocks and it looks like the parachuting is the roadblock of this leg.

I still wonder why the Bamas are carrying their backpacks in the pic we are led to believe is the sprint to the mat. They are also the only team that are wearing the same clothes for the whole leg.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #143 on: December 04, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »
Sups, the skydiving plane is registered in Lyon, France, so that task isn't at the finish line -- but I'm guessing there's probably a task at the finish since that seems to be the trend as of late.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #144 on: December 04, 2006, 11:27:54 AM »
there is 1 more roadblock because of episode1 there is 13 roadblocks with limit of 7. so if its early in the episode then we know its not at the end

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2006, 11:38:59 AM »

look at that picture and count legs, there are 10 pairs of legs waiting...A case could be made for the frat boys to the left or rob and kimberly to the right of the mat, but I don't think any of those could be bama...that would make me VERY happy to see them not win...what do yall think?

and yes, i agree that none of them are wearing the right cloths, BUT it looks like it was sorta chilly with all the other teams wearing pants...so perhaps they threw on other shirts or pants etc?!
Welcome kristin  :cmas20 !! Sorry your picture did not work...you can not hotlink from tarflies
Honestly I can not make heads or tails of the legs?

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2006, 11:39:42 AM »

I studied the picture and at first thought there were 10 teams but now I'm pretty sure there are only 9. The left side definitely has only 4 teams and the right is a little more tricky but appears to be 5 teams.

On the left we have: Duke and Lauren, Vipul & Arti (?), Peter & Sarah, and closest to Phil are the Chos
On the right we have: Bilal & Saeed, team cheer, blurs which are probably Tom & Terry and David & Mary (?), and finally the BQ's
I'm pretty sure the most recent eliminated racers are closest to Phil. Sarah and Peter can be identified by the height difference but it looks like Peter is wearing a skirt/.  :cmaslol

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2006, 12:15:50 PM »
^^ and Sarah looks FAT :cmas19

heres a View of the Hudson from Olana

« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 12:26:09 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2006, 12:30:56 PM »
 :cmaslol  Yet more views....this time (a Google GE view) from the FDR House (just south of Vanderbilt House at Hyde Park).  What caught my eye was the train tracks sticking out into the Hudson River.  Just throwing this out there, just to confuse everyone.   :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2006, 12:40:34 PM »
I'm with you on this Boingo! I think its as good a spec as any  :jam: