Author Topic: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '  (Read 156235 times)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2006, 08:24:00 PM »
how much of a taxie would that be from nyc to finger lake region puddin?  :cmaslol

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2006, 08:26:50 PM »
Being from NY, if they really go through the cuty the finish cant be the Finger Lakes or the Great Lakes, thats a real long car ride and pretty long train ride [few hours].  MY guess is its a Lake on Long Island [maybe Lake Ronkonkama], and teams can take the LIRR out, or a taxi.

Kim and Rob have big smiles too, and running alot faster.

How you all want James and Tyler to win is sick, all they have done was follow[usually the blondes], and they sucked at directions. Lyn and Karlyn did this whole race on their own and deserve the win. 

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2006, 08:30:11 PM »
Being from NY, if they really go through the cuty the finish cant be the Finger Lakes or the Great Lakes, thats a real long car ride and pretty long train ride [few hours].  MY guess is its a Lake on Long Island [maybe Lake Ronkonkama], and teams can take the LIRR out, or a taxi.

How you all want James and Tyler to win is sick, all they have done was follow[usually the blondes], and they sucked at directions. Lyn and Karlyn did this whole race on their own and deserve the win. 

6 pack cough 6 pack. they did nothing on there own until the cho's where eliminated

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 08:35:58 PM »
How did the Six Pack help them, the Cho sucked [as Lyn and Karlyn said], and David and Mary were as slow as trutles.  To be honest without the blondes James and Tyler would have been lost in Ukraine.  The models even admitted they follow the blondes. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2006, 08:36:33 PM »

I guess I'm a real sicko then  :mas25

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2006, 08:39:43 PM »
How did the Six Pack help them, the Cho sucked [as Lyn and Karlyn said], and David and Mary were as slow as trutles.  To be honest without the blondes James and Tyler would have been lost in Ukraine.  The models even admitted they follow the blondes. 

its called sharing information. like the flight to madagascar from the cho's

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2006, 08:42:26 PM »

:james: :cmas22 :cmaslol

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2006, 08:45:10 PM »
I dont really give a crap if James and Tyler win [AS LONG AS ITS NOT ROB AND KIM] but i can tell why ratings have been so low, the race is predictable why waste 13 weeks when you can tell the winner just by looking at the teams.

Anyway i am trying to find that lake, its not Ronkonkoma
Are you all sure it ends in NY, there were no shots of the teams even in the city!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2006, 08:45:52 PM »

Might I humbly suggest you go to the general AR section and read my rather long winded breakdown of teams and their performance.

There is a nice and rather long winded breakdown of when teams have gotten lost (so far Tyler & James aren't worse then Bama, or Rob & Kim, or D & K).  THey have justt got lost for a longer period of time.

Before this episode the number of times each team has been the first to open a clue at a route marker (meaning the got their first or they finished a task first.

Tyler & James  21 times
Dustin & Kandice 15 times
Rob & Kimberly 6 times
Lyn & Karlyn 2 times

The team that has finished tasks (Detour and Roadblocks only which helps the women team since they have one more detour and one more roadblock then T & J or R & K).

Tyler & James 6
Dustin & Kandice 5 (with 2 of those being tasks that Tyler & James and Rob & Kim weren't around for)
Rob & Kimberly 3
Lyn & Karlyn 1

And if you want to save you time I can provide a numeric count for the number of times a team has followed without permision, and the number of times teams have worked together while traveling.

Tyler & James aren't at the top of either list or even teh #2 position of either list.  

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #59 on: December 03, 2006, 08:49:32 PM »
Can we talk about the episode please.  James and Tyler i feel have gotten way lost [falling to dead last] two epsides in a row, so i think when it comes to directions they are bottom of the barrel.

Anyway back to the lake, Central Park has a nice lush green lake, as does New Jeresey, and prolly Staten Island, or Weschester maybe.

jackie

« Reply #60 on: December 03, 2006, 08:56:36 PM »
if Tyler and James have followed the blondes, then what do you call Cho's, Bama and Kentucky doing the whole time? Also following

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #61 on: December 03, 2006, 08:57:40 PM »
I'm still looking for the lake.......is this NY?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #62 on: December 03, 2006, 09:02:27 PM »

jackie

« Reply #63 on: December 03, 2006, 09:03:26 PM »
It could be puddin

Offline Brn2Wander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #64 on: December 03, 2006, 09:05:14 PM »

Yep it looks like somewhere on LI but not Lake Ronkonkoma.  It probably is somewhere on the North Shore of the island which faces Connecticut but it doesn't look familiar to me.  I was going to say Teddy Roosevelt's home, but I don't think so.

Offline Brn2Wander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #65 on: December 03, 2006, 09:13:35 PM »
http://www.recreation.gov/maps/map_2918.gif

Hmmmmmmmmmm maybe I'm wrong.  Sagamore Hill is in Oyster Bay, one town over from me and from the map, I don't know.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #66 on: December 03, 2006, 09:21:45 PM »
Well theres always Lake Placid but thats like forever away too  :angel: ....too bad its not in PA.

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2006, 09:24:28 PM »
Lake Placid is way further away [way past Albany].

those are deff, NYC cabs, those buildings in the back of the cab shots seem familiar, they dont look like Manhattan though

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2006, 09:28:22 PM »
I will tell you all this, outside of the city cab drivers are lost, so this last leg will be all luck who gets the best cab. They also try to cheat your for more money leaving the city.  However they cant say they wont take you or they can loose their job.  Lyn and Karlyn's black driver looks clueless, just trying to keep it real wasnt meant as a racial comment.   If the race does finish on Long Island, its a different world NYC people and LI people are totally different and cab will deff be lost out of their minds.

Offline Brn2Wander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2006, 09:35:22 PM »
Lake Placid is way further away [way past Albany].

those are deff, NYC cabs, those buildings in the back of the cab shots seem familiar, they dont look like Manhattan though

It looked like the Grand Central Parkway to me....I'll have to enlarge them and look again.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2006, 09:36:37 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2006, 09:40:27 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2006, 09:42:27 PM »
how much of a taxie would that be from nyc to finger lake region puddin?  :cmaslol
:rotf: ! Well it was the first place that came to my mind! lol

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2006, 09:44:36 PM »
its too bad my friend from LONG ISLAND is asleep right now  :cmas4 she could help

Offline Brn2Wander

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2006, 09:45:27 PM »
From looking at the picture of the highway again, I am beginning to think it's going upstate NY somewhere.  Maybe somewhere in Westchester County.

I really don't know