Author Topic: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '  (Read 157124 times)

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: EP13: ' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '
« Reply #300 on: December 07, 2006, 02:10:21 PM »
T&J Are shown running past the gravestone toward the mat.
Bama and R&K are shown running in front of the modern housing units toward the mat.
Why are there such differnt approaches?
T&J used the obvious direct approach to the mat (the right fork in the driveway).
I think Bama and R&K arrived before T&J and took the left fork in the driveway because of production screening or direction (not just because they were lost).
Then, later on, when T&J arrived the production screen or redirect was removed so T&J could just get to the mat.

So here's my prediction:  T&J are 3rd.

But but but ....  Noooooo!  :groan: :meow:
So how would a final task at the academy fit into this scenario?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #301 on: December 07, 2006, 02:16:42 PM »
The final task is probably responsible for the way the teams look on final approach to the mat.  That is so say they finish it and head to the mat knowing exactly where they stand.  So, they look excited (if excited is an emotion they are capable of displaying) but not going all out.

I suspect they will have to build or fire canons or some kind of munitions at that nearby spot that has the historic West Point foundry.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline asamber1

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #302 on: December 07, 2006, 02:22:46 PM »
Rob and Kim cant win, they are so disrespectful not only to each other, but to locals on the race and basically evey racer [aside from James and Tyler]  on the race.  Oh no, no wonder nobody is happy at the finish line.   This season has been so good, to see them win would be worse than Freddy and Kendra [at least they were kind of nice to each other].  Serriously i would move from NY if they won because thats where they won, them winning i am like about to barf thinking about it.

I think Rob and Kim, and Bama may be running to maybe that last clue thus the building, and James and Tyler are actually running to the matt. In AR9 i know RAYO were shown during that final run, while BJT and EJ were going for that final clue.  That could be why the house it there, also why Bama has bags they just got out of a cab and will drop them at the clue.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #303 on: December 07, 2006, 02:36:12 PM »
if there is a roadblock before they goto the finish line site, that would be 13 roadblocks meaning the final task would be teamwork if there is one ala tar8, and tar9 and then run to the finish line

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: December 07, 2006, 02:39:53 PM »
They really have to fit a lot into one hour ..
not sure what the detour is in Paris

** The final three Teams depart Spain and travel to France, knowing that every decision they make is crucial in this final leg of the Race.
**One Team gets left behind when the other two Teams discover and board an earlier train to their next destination.

** Once they arrive, Teams battle it out in a tedious Detour that causes frustration and arguments to ensue.
**Teams must do everything they can in order to maintain their composure and finish the task in order to receive their next clue.

**At the Roadblock, a 12,000 foot skydive causes a rift between team members that must be mended before they can move forward.

**Teams battle it out in the final destination city in an all out effort to reach the Finish Line first and claim the One Million Dollar Prize

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #305 on: December 07, 2006, 03:19:54 PM »
just watching the video

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #306 on: December 07, 2006, 03:23:12 PM »
I think Rob and Kim, and Bama may be running to maybe that last clue thus the building, and James and Tyler are actually running to the matt. In AR9 i know RAYO were shown during that final run, while BJT and EJ were going for that final clue.  That could be why the house it there, also why Bama has bags they just got out of a cab and will drop them at the clue.

Oooo, I like the way you think! Go Team Hawt!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :jumpy: :cmas9 :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #307 on: December 07, 2006, 03:24:33 PM »
few more

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #308 on: December 07, 2006, 03:26:43 PM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #309 on: December 07, 2006, 03:41:23 PM »
So whos going to call?  :snicker:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #310 on: December 07, 2006, 03:45:05 PM »
So whos going to call?  :snicker:

I nominated chatua,puddin,slowhatch, and g-man to call and get drinks on me

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #311 on: December 07, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »
I'll have a Giant bottle of Grey goose please.
So what would I say if I called? the problem is my voice..I sound like I'm 12 yrs old.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 03:56:09 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #312 on: December 07, 2006, 04:31:45 PM »
So what would I say if I called? the problem is my voice..I sound like I'm 12 yrs old.

:cmas26  No problems, puddin.  I emailed the Putnam County newspaper and Hudson Valley magazine with the spoiler info (and link to RFF site).  Hope they get the hint and do the grunt work for us in calling St. Basil Academy.   :angel:   Like they say, the seed has been planted, lets see what grows.   :rotf:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #313 on: December 07, 2006, 04:33:42 PM »
Boingo are you messing with me  :meow: ?

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #314 on: December 07, 2006, 04:39:55 PM »
 :cmas12  Don't make me get the stick!   :snicker:  You really weren't going to call, were you?   :duh:  Hey, the e-mail was worth a shot.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2006, 05:24:20 PM »
I'll call ! I've called CBS press before AND that guy in Montana TAR8 ( which turned out to be Treasure Hunters , lol ) as well as the the INN in Lancaster TAR8. I'm brave enough but am lost for " reasons " for calling. Maybe we can gather some $$ to make a donation :cmas26 ?

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2006, 06:12:21 PM »
I'll have a Giant bottle of Grey goose please.

Grey Goose.

An excellent choice.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »
Gosh! I finally get back online and find that you guys have it all sewn up! Puddin, Chateau, and Slowhatch--that was an absolutely outstanding bit of detecting!! :congrats:  I can't believe that y'all could find that based on just a couple of shots--I'm so proud of you!

So what don't we know?? (Besides who won of course!) I'd be glad to call...but what do we need to know?

And what do we think the teams actually do in NYC--is it just get a clue? And did we decide that both team members are skydiving, hence not a Roadblock?

Sorry--I'm playing catchup after having to resurrect my hard drive--grrr!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2006, 06:38:34 PM »
Just so they know where the gravestone match is coming from:

Including Puddin's wonderful zoom in on the catenas.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 06:43:34 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2006, 06:48:49 PM »
Thanks Peach and sorry to hear about your compter woes.  We still have to find the skydive location.  Having Bama return to Paris at Gare St Lazere may provide a clue.  Train from where?  Arriving between 8 and 9 pm.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2006, 06:58:33 PM »
Gosh! I finally get back online and find that you guys have it all sewn up! Puddin, Chateau, and Slowhatch--that was an absolutely outstanding bit of detecting!! :congrats:  I can't believe that y'all could find that based on just a couple of shots--I'm so proud of you!

So what don't we know?? (Besides who won of course!) I'd be glad to call...but what do we need to know?

And what do we think the teams actually do in NYC--is it just get a clue? And did we decide that both team members are skydiving, hence not a Roadblock?

Sorry--I'm playing catchup after having to resurrect my hard drive--grrr!
  :cmas0 Welcome back peach! sorry about your PC woes.
I'd be glad to call...but what do we need to know?
Why who won of course! lol you never know what someone might tell you thinking the Race is over.
The skydiving is the RB per webclues and the detour? is it here in the states or does it begin with the teams placing things " tedious ' in order starting with the Eiffel tower clue as the start with the first clue?
I wonder who argues at the RB? are they fighting because they want to skydive or don't want to skydive?

The final three Teams depart Spain and travel to France, knowing that every decision they make is crucial in this final leg of the Race. One Team gets left behind when the other two Teams discover and board an earlier train to their next destination.

Once they arrive, Teams battle it out in a tedious Detour that causes frustration and arguments to ensue. Teams must do everything they can in order to maintain their composure and finish the task in order to receive their next clue.

At the Roadblock, a 12,000 foot skydive causes a rift between team members that must be mended before they can move forward.

Teams battle it out in the final destination city in an all out effort to reach the Finish Line first and claim the One Million Dollar Prize.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2006, 07:45:22 PM »
I'm glad to be back!

Re skydiving location--does this help?

There is a skydiving club in Herblay--a NW Paris suburb--
Parachutisme Sportif Maisons-Laffitte
14 Avenue Charles Fauvety
95220 HERBLAY    link

There are trains from Herblay to Paris--gare St Lazare arriving every 20-30 minutes including 20:04 and 20:33
Herblay
Paris St Lazare  Fr, 15.12.06
Fr, 15.12.06 dep 19:38
arr 20:04

Has the advantage of not being too far away--Lyon would be a LONG way to go!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2006, 08:04:35 PM »
Just dawned on me--Herblay may be their address but not necessarily the point of departure for jumps---

Wonder if they would use CDG or is there a local airport??
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #323 on: December 07, 2006, 08:09:29 PM »
peach!!!

:plane: I've tracked the Porter to the Corbas airfield near Lyon; the ECPL homepage is here. I think the second plane may be a match as well; compare the pink splotches with the preview cap. I haven't matched the aerodrome yet, but I've attached a kmz with the co-ordinates given by the ECPL website.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #324 on: December 07, 2006, 08:14:51 PM »
Rob & Kim have fought their way around the globe

« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 08:18:46 PM by puddin »