Author Topic: EP10: "Lookin' Like A Blue-Haired Lady On A Sunday Drive" 11/19  (Read 82290 times)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Re: EP10: "Lookin' Like A Blue-Haired Lady On A Sunday Drive" 11/19
« Reply #175 on: November 20, 2006, 01:11:14 AM »
It was Saturday the 17th on a gate board when they left in the morning for Vienna.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: November 20, 2006, 07:11:00 AM »
Calm down Puddin!

Here is the flight board that was show as the Boys entered the airport.

Why didn't they take the 11:45 flight to Kiev?  Not the time on the board:  9:45 pm.

Weird.  Were they at the wrong ticket counter?  Were they blocked from taking that flight?  They should have at least tried standby.

Remember that they did not know to what city they we flying when they got to the airport.  They knew they needed to go to the country where the Chernobyl accident occurred.  Maybe if they had known they were going to Kiev, they would have read the board correctly?!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #177 on: November 20, 2006, 08:52:54 AM »
Wow Chateau--good pick up on the waterfall! But is that little-bitty thing really our thundering waterfall??  Poor quinger--I think I liked his better!

And that flight is going to drive me CRAZY! I've already searched airwise and amadeus with no joy. VV partners with SAS, Finnair, and AirBaltic but no luck there either. I can't find any late night flights to Kiev!

I know that there are inter-European flights which are ONLY available by pre-booked Internet tickets because I've tried to get on one of those myself--maybe it was something like that? That airport looked pretty shut down already at 9:45PM and I'll bet that ticket lady was already late leaving.  (:;) It is a mystery--let's call into The Finish Line and ask the Cho's!

And puddin---all I can say is oh, yeah girl!  YUM!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #178 on: November 20, 2006, 09:01:12 AM »
One more thing--did I blink and miss the whole "Cho's locked out of the car thing"?? Maybe it wasn't even their car?  I need to go watch it again...right after I see the Insider clips!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #179 on: November 20, 2006, 09:53:30 AM »
Chateau, based on the confessionals by the Wins & the Lyns ..Kiev looks like an extended pitstop but you probably already know that .

puddin/Chateau--can one of you expand on this? Is it based on time of day or clothes or what? I can't quite figure out exactly why the confessionals confirm an extended pitstop...what am I missing??  It's help a newbie time, please! :blume:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #180 on: November 20, 2006, 10:35:51 AM »
I think we still need to process this ...
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #181 on: November 20, 2006, 10:52:43 AM »
I think we still need to process this ...

Good--cause it makes a difference about flights--there are more on the 18th than the 19th....off to EP 11
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
QQ
« Reply #182 on: November 20, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »
One of TAR's better episodes: full of action, stupid driving, and interesting to see how the various teams coped with language they couldn't even read.  Smart move by the blondes to get a taxi to lead the way (did they ever pay the taxi for all the driving he did for them?)  And I really feel for the Chos; even tho bama had done them wrong in the past, they still thought they had an alliance with them.  Waited for them at the tank test and even led them back to Kiev. Stupid.  Sorry to see them go and not the bamas.

Looks like the Paris sighting and the flight to New York is on the up and up.  Which means the BQs are toast this week or next.

Offline qing_her

• RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Race Addict
« Reply #183 on: November 21, 2006, 07:07:38 AM »
Oh no... I still think the waterfalls is in Morocco...
I think there might be another falls   :'(

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #184 on: November 21, 2006, 07:25:11 AM »
So I just got around to watching the episode last night -- I thought we had missed the boat with the Oster tank site until they showed that big десна (Desna) sign at the gate -- good job, detectives! No idea what that club was -- that was off the radar.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: November 23, 2006, 05:41:00 PM »
Just working on a few loose ends.
The music academy is in Independence square; there's a photo here as well as an annotated map of the square. This webpage lists the Dance & Groove as part of the Bessarabia market building (picture and description here), at the opposite end of Kreschatyk street from Independence square. The rap artist does bear a resemblence to the lead vocalist of TNMK, but I can't call it a match. Working with this street map, I've attached kmz files for the two stops. I can't quite read the sign for babushka's apartment building (see cap below), but working backward from Phil's description I'd say the apartment is two miles north of Independence square.
Also, I have a hunch--no proof--that there's a missing task somewhere between the Olympic tower and the tank field. The wording of the cluecard was a little odd, and the audio is edited so that no mention of a first task is heard (except from Phil).

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2006, 12:15:48 AM »
something for the timeline..
now I don't have sprint to verify but a poster on another board wrote this

miri writes:
I was watching the Sprint extra footage today and there are quite a few rather boring scenes from what appears to be the Kiev pit stop. It looks like the racers were taken to some sort of amusement park - makes me think it's an extended pit stop.

Hydropark ?

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #187 on: November 26, 2006, 11:36:19 AM »
Does this look familiar?    :lol3:    CBS picture

It happened right after the "Find Music" Detour.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #188 on: November 26, 2006, 11:52:35 AM »
LOL the cho's has an overall bad day

interview ...

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: November 26, 2006, 03:39:30 PM »
Cool we always need more of teams getting shaked down for more money.

I wish they would have shown it.

And I am curious if it was because it was an offical doing it that we didn't see it more clearly.

As apposed to the more private shakedowns we have seen in India and Africa in seasons 1 and 5.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #190 on: November 26, 2006, 06:57:32 PM »
Quote from: Godwin
Long story short, there was a taxi driver there, that basically tried to shake us down.
Sounds accurate. They were shown at Independence square during the dispute, and the website I cited earlier mentions that Kreschatyk is closed for traffic every weekend. The driver (and their Fern) should have known that.