Author Topic: The Amazing Race 10 Schedule  (Read 9717 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The Amazing Race 10 Schedule
« on: August 02, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »
:bar:

Sunday, Sept. 17 (8:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) THE AMAZING RACE 10, which will open with a special 90-minute broadcast .
 9/17/06 (Su.)  8:30 PM  (#1001)
"Real Fast! Quack, Quack!"
(episode #1) 
Twelve teams of two begin their global trek in Seattle and then jet off to Beijing, where they must find a clue in the Forbidden City.
CBS Press~
The race begins in Seattle, Wash. when Teams begin jockeying for available flights to the first destination, Beijing, China.  Once there, Teams are faced with their first Roadblock, which requires them to feast on a Chinese delicacy.  As the racers continue to navigate their way through the busy streets of Beijing, they are faced with the game's first twist.  Meanwhile, the racer's physical prowess is put to the test when they must climb a portion of the Great Wall of China.
Sunday , Sept. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) the time period premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 10
9/24/06 (Su.)  8:00 PM  (#1002)
"Can Horses Smell Fear?"
CBS Clues ~
Two Racers are left in an emotional tailspin when they're thrown from their horses on the way to the Detour .
Several teams are left stranded on the side of the road after their vehicles break down in the countryside.
An alliance is formed when five teams realize they are underdogs.
CBS press~
THE PRESSURE OF THE RACE HITS EVERYONE AS ONE TEAM STRUGGLES
TO RECOVER AFTER BEING THROWN FROM A HORSE, WHILE SEVERAL TEAMS START TO FORM AN ALLIANCE,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, SEPT. 24

"Can Horses Smell Fear" -- One team goes into an emotional tailspin when they're thrown from their horse during a detour, while alliances start forming between several of the teams, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Sept. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
The pressure starts to take its toll on several of the racers as precious time is lost when teams are forced to switch tasks mid-stream, while others struggle to finish a flaming roadblock. 
Meanwhile, alliances start to form between several of the teams who realize they might be considered the underdogs of the race.

10/1/06 (Su.)  8:00 PM  (#1003)
"Oh, Wow! It's Like One of Those Things You See on TV! "

CBS Web Clues :
Tempers flare between two teams when one thinks the other is playing unfairly .
One Duo loses their lead when they make a mistake and board the wrong bus .
Teams discover they will not be given additional money for this leg of the race and will have to earn it instead .
CBS Web Clues :
Tempers flare between two teams when one thinks the other is playing unfairly .
One Duo loses their lead when they make a mistake and board the wrong bus .
Teams discover they will not be given additional money for this leg of the race and will have to earn it instead .

CBS Press :

TEMPERS FLARE BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WHEN ONE TEAM THINKS THE OTHER ISN’T PLAYING FAIRLY, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, OCT. 1
"Oh Wow, It’s Like One of Those Things You See On TV!" -- Tempers flare between two teams when one team thinks the other team isn’t playing fairly, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Oct. 1 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
With no money in their pockets, one team is left behind while the others head off to their next destination.  Another team loses their lead when they make a crucial mistake and board the wrong bus. Teams discover they will not be given any additional money for this leg of the Race and must earn it instead.  Finally, a route marker evokes strong emotions in the Racers as they reflect on the sorrowful memories of a past war.
10/8/06 (Su.)  8:00 PM  (#1004)
"I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing!"
WEB clues :
Frustrated with there cab drivers, the leading team switches taxis three times . Will this cost them the lead?
Teams must decipher a cryptic clue in the dead of the night .
Teams must ascend and rappel a vertical 90 foot cliff. Can they do it ?

CBS Press :

WHILE RACING THROUGH VIETNAM, TEAMS MUST NAVIGATE THEIR WAY THROUGH ROUGH WATERS AND AROUND ROCKY ISLANDS,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, OCT. 8th
"I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing!" -- While racing through Vietnam, teams must navigate their way through rough waters and around rocky islands, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Oct. 8 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Frustrated with their cab drivers, the leading team switches taxis three times en route to the next location.  Once there, teams must decipher a cryptic clue in the dead of the night.  At the Roadblock, teams must ascend and rappel a vertical 90-foot cliff at Hon Yen Ngua rock island in order to receive their next clue.  One racer injures their leg during the race, causing them to stop for medical attention.     

10/15/06 (Su.)  8:00 PM  (#1005)
"I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!"

Webclues:
One racer tries to align with another team by promising they will return the favor " down the line".But can this racer be trusted ?
An impromptu alliance between teams crumbles when they try to ditch each other in a connecting airport.
Tension escalates between teamates .Will they find common ground or will their team be ripped apart?

CBS Press :

AN IMPROMPTU ALLIANCE BETWEEN TWO TEAMS CRUMBLES WHEN THEY BOTH TRY TO DITCH EACH OTHER AT A CONNECTING AIRPORT,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, OCT. 15

"I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!" -- An impromptu alliance between two teams crumbles when they both try to ditch each other at a connecting airport, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Oct. 15 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Tension escalates as one racer's slower pace causes their team to miss a bus.  One racer tries to align with another team, offering to lead them to a travel agency where they may obtain help racing to the next destination.  The racer simply asks that team to remember the favor down the line.  Trying to be practical jokers, one team pretends to make flight reservations on a fake cell phone while another racer gets nervous and borrows a local's cell phone to make actual reservations, causing the jokers' plan to backfire.

10/22/06 (Su.)  8:00 PM  (#1006)
EP6: Maybe Steven Segal Will See Me and Want Me to Be in One of His Movies.
Webclues~
In a new twist , one team learns they must arrive first at the next pitstop or it could mean the end for them .
In an effort to aid their alliance . One team helps another to secure the Fast Forward .But doing so puts  them in last place .Has this cost them the game?
One team gets lost finding a clue , allowing three other teams to pass them .Could this cost them the game ?

CBS Press:

WHILE RACING THROUGH KUWAIT, ONE TEAM GETS LOST FINDING A CLUE WHICH ALLOWS THREE TEAMS TO PASS THEM BEFORE GETTING BACK ON TRACK, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, OCT. 22

"Maybe Steven Seagal Will See Me And Want Me To Be In One Of His Movies!" --
While racing through Kuwait, one team gets lost finding a clue and allows three teams to pass them before getting back on track, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Oct. 22 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

With no elimination on the previous leg, all teams move forward racing to the next Pit Stop.  However, in a new twist, the team that finished last learns they must finish first on this leg of the Race in order to avoid a penalty that could cost them the game.  The stakes continue to grow and teams realize that the smallest mistakes could cost them the Game. 

10/29/06 (Su.)  8:00 PM  (#1007)
" I Wonder If This Is Going To Make My Fingers Pickle."
CBS Webclues:
Tensions spark when one team books tickets for another team further back in line at the airport.
One team crash's their car into a bus.
Another team suffers car trouble.Will these misfortunes cost someone the race?
A spontaneous alliance forms between two teams. Is it real or are they just using each other to get ahead?

CBS Press Release
:

TEMPERS FLARE AT THE AIRPORT WHEN ONE TEAM BOOKS TICKETS FOR AN ALLIED TEAM FURTHER BACK IN THE TICKET LINE, CAUSING MAJOR HOSTILITY AMONG THE REMAINING TEAMS, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, OCT. 29

"I Wonder If This Is Going To Make My Fingers Pickle" -- Tempers flare at the airport when one team books tickets for an allied team further back in the ticket line, causing major hostility, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Oct. 29 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

While racing through the streets of Mauritius, one team has a major scare when they crash their car into a bus.  Another team has trouble getting their car into gear and must watch as all the other teams pass by them.  Meanwhile, two teams create an alliance but wonder if the bond is strong enough to bring them to the end.  Could the race to the Pit Stop among friends mean the demise of another alliance?

11/5/06 (Su.)  8:00 PM  (#1008)
" He Can't Swim but He Can Eat Cow Lip's !" 
webclues:
* A never before seen twist shocks the racers and causes the teams to join forces?
*One team starts the leg with a hugh handicap, will they be able to push towards the front and avoid elimination?
*A supenseful and emotional finish causes rivals to battle neck-in-neck to the mat.

CBS Press Release:
A NEW TWIST SHOCKS THE RACERS AND FORCES RIVAL TEAMS TO WORK TOGETHER, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, NOV. 5

"He Can't Swim, But He Can Eat Cow Lips" -- The game's newest twist shocks the racers and forces rival teams to set aside their differences and work together, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Nov. 5 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

One team starts the leg with a huge handicap and will need to pull out all the stops in order to stay in the game. The racers also struggle to complete an unappetizing task of consuming a local delicacy. Every second counts as several teams run neck-and-neck in a race to the mat.

11/12/06 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1009) N/A
'Being Polite Sucks Sometimes

Sunday, Nov. 12      THE AMAZING RACE 10 --Every second counts as the
(8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   remaining teams make their way through Helsinki.  Phil Keoghan hosts.
Press Release:
THE TEAMS ARE FACED WITH A CLAUSTROPHOBIC ROADBLOCK AND ONE RACER COMES FACE-TO-FACE WITH THEIR FEAR OF HEIGHTS,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, NOV. 12

"Being Polite Sucks Sometimes" -- The teams are faced with a challenging Roadblock that will test the racers' ability to stay calm in a claustrophobic setting, while one racer struggles to overcome their fear of heights, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Nov. 12 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

As the intensity of the race picks up, one team's kind nature is put to the test when another team jumps in front of them in the taxi line.  Meanwhile, another team's frustration sets in when they miss a train, causing them to lose precious time.   

11/19/06 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1010)
Sunday, Nov. 19      THE AMAZING RACE 10 --The remaining teams
(8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   continue their race through the Ukraine. Phil Keoghan hosts

"Lookin' Like A Blue-Haired Lady On A Sunday Drive"

web clues~
*Will one long standing alliance stay strong or will the teams finally break out on their own?
* Two teams race head to head the entire leg and form an uneasy partnership. Can these teams trust each other or are they really out to get each other out of the race?
* Frustration mounts as one of the teams' bad luck with automobiles continues. Will they finally hit their breaking point

CBS Press Release~

WILL ONE LONG-STANDING ALLIANCE CONTINUE TO STAY STRONG OR WILL TEAMS FINALLY BREAK OUT ON THEIR OWN TO IMPROVE THEIR STANDING, ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, NOV. 19

"Lookin' Like A Blue-Haired Lady On A Sunday Drive" -- Will one long-standing alliance continue to stay strong or will Teams finally break out on their own to improve their standing, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Nov. 19 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.
Teams are feeling the pressure to perform their best as there is little room for error at this stage of the Race.  At the Virtual Pitstop, all Teams must repel face-first down a 236 foot high tower.   One Team is put to the ultimate test as they face their extreme fear of heights in order to complete the challenge and continue Racing.  Two teams race head-to-head the entire leg of the Race and form an uneasy partnership.  Frustration continues to mount as one Team's bad luck with automobiles continues. 

11/26/06 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1011)

''We Won't Just Die, like Roaches''(8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)   
Sunday, Nov. 26  THE AMAZING RACE 10 -- The tension mounts as the remaining teams continue their mad dash through Morocco.   Phil Keoghan hosts.

web clues:
* Animosity escalates between two teams as one "Yield's" the other, forcing them to fall behind.
* The Road includes a High- Speed chariot race straight from Gladiator days.
* One duo gets a flat tire on the way to a route marker and can only watch as teams pass them by.

CBS Press:
ANIMOSITY ESCALATES BETWEEN TWO TEAMS WHILE RACING THROUGH MOROCCO WHEN ONE TEAM "YIELDS" THE OTHER
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, NOV. 26

"We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches." --
Animosity escalates between two teams while racing through Morocco when one team "yields" the other, on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Nov. 26 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.   
At the Yield, one team forces another to wait until the sand in the hourglass runs out before they can participate in the Roadblock.
At the Roadblock, the "yielded" team is forced to watch and wait from the sidelines as one person from each of the remaining teams get to experience the thrills of the gladiator days in a high-speed chariot race. 
One duo gets a flat tire on the way to a route marker and realize how much the stakes have risen when they watch the other teams pass them by without ever offering to help. 
After getting lost on the way to the Detour, one team arrives last and must wait for the other teams to finish the challenge before they can begin. 

12/3/06 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1012)
'Dude, I'm Such a Hot Giant Chick Right Now!'
The penultimate leg of the race. Phil Keoghan is the host.

Webclues~
* A difficult choice causes one team to hit their emotional breakdown. Will they keep it together or lose it and the race?
* One team is targetted for elimination by some of the other teams. Will they be knocked out or survive to race another day?
* Four teams race for the spot in the final three and the chance to win the million dollars.

CBS Press~
ONLY FOUR TEAMS REMAIN AS THE RACERS CONTINUE THEIR QUEST FOR A SPOT IN THE FINAL THREE AND A CHANCE AT ONE MILLION DOLLARS
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, DEC. 3

"Dude, I'm Such A Hot Giant Chick Right Now!" -- Only four teams remain as the Racers continue their quest for a spot in the final three and a chance at One Million Dollars on THE AMAZING RACE 10, Sunday, Dec. 3 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

*The intensity heightens as Teams depart Morocco and race to their next destination knowing that one team may be eliminated leaving only three teams in the Race to the Finish Line.   
*Immediately, the Racers face a difficult Detour causing one Team to hit their emotional breaking point.  Will this Team be able to pull it together or will this hurdle be enough to knock them out of the Race entirely? 
*At the Roadblock, an argument breaks out when one Racer loses faith in their partner. 
*Finally, one Team feels the coldness of the other Teams who have targeted them for elimination.
12/10/06 (Su.) 8:00 PM CBS (#1013)
' Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever '
 Episode Detail: Amazing Race 10 - Amazing Race 10
The final three teams race to the finish line, after traveling more than 40,000 miles in under 30 days, spanning four continents and 13 countries. Phil Keoghan is the host.
press release:

"Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever" -- The final three Teams race to the Finish Line for their chance at the One Million Dollar Prize, on the finale of THE AMAZING RACE 10, Tonight Sunday, Dec. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

The final three Teams depart Spain and travel to France, knowing that every decision they make is crucial in this final leg of the Race. One Team gets left behind when the other two Teams discover and board an earlier train to their next destination. Once they arrive, Teams battle it out in a tedious Detour that causes frustration and arguments to ensue.

Teams must do everything they can in order to maintain their composure and finish the task in order to receive their next clue. At the Roadblock, a 12,000 foot skydive causes a rift between team members that must be mended before they can move forward. Teams battle it out in the final destination city in an all out effort to reach the Finish Line first and claim the One Million Dollar Prize.

CBS Press Release:
"THE AMAZING RACE 10" AND "SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS" FINALES TO BE BROADCAST ON BACK-TO-BACK SUNDAYS
"The Amazing Race 10" Crosses the Finish Line on Sunday, Dec. 10; The "Ultimate Survivor" from the Cook Islands Revealed on Sunday, Dec. 17
The finales for CBS's Emmy Award-winning reality series will be broadcast on consecutive Sundays in December.
THE AMAZING RACE 10 finale will air on Sunday, Dec. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) with the SURVIVOR: COOK ISLAND's finale broadcast on a special night, Sunday, Dec. 17 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The final three teams on THE AMAZING RACE 10 sprint towards the finish line after traveling more than 40,000 miles in under 30 days, spanning four continents and 13 countries.
( futon critic )
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 05:16:38 PM by puddin »

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: The Amazing Race 10 Schedule
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 12:06:59 PM »
Thanks for the info, Puddin.

Kind of sorry that the premiere is only 90 minutes.

Sunday , Sept. 24 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) the time period premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 10

Does that mean that your BB show will be over by then?  Is that enough time to eliminate all but 2 people?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:58 PM »
We estimate Sept 21st as BB7 finale :)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:29:25 PM »
Actually I like ht eidea of 90 minutes.

We have gotten hour first episodes and two hour first episodes.

Usualy the hour one's go by just to fast.  Whie the other ones seem to draga little too much for my personal taste.

Offline valor boreal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • OS Race Fan
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 10:13:25 PM »
I like the idea of 90 minutes too. Not being in the US, the opening episode being 90 minutes means there's less chance of the local broadcaster stretching it over 2 weeks.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2006, 10:27:19 PM »
 welcome valor boreal  :yaya:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 12:32:17 AM »
puddin its 13 episodes IIRC

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2006, 01:24:36 AM »
I'm just going by what the Futon Critic has so far Kogs ..I'll just add as we go  :) .

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 08:53:23 AM »
im just saying what i saw in one of the articals i read, thats all.  :kuss:

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 08:37:02 AM »
It looks like I will only miss  :'( eps 4 and 5  :'( :'(

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 08:41:14 AM »
It looks like I will only miss  :'( eps 4 and 5  :'( :'(

:'( im missing episode 3 due to yom kippur  :'( :'(

Offline Seanaci

• RFF Full Member
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2006, 11:42:54 AM »
Wow.

It's on Sunday's? Sweet. Looks like I have something to watch while my honey is on his way home from work every Sunday evening. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »
Thanks Puddin, I haven't ever watched TAR but I will now.  :hearts:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 02:32:04 PM »
:bump: updated

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 01:36:29 AM »
just some useless information ........interesting that the Race was originally suppose to go untill Christmas eve after the Cook Islands finale .

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 12:11:29 PM »
just some useless information ........interesting that the Race was originally suppose to go untill Christmas eve after the Cook Islands finale .

how would that have been done? starting it in october instead of when they did?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2006, 10:49:05 AM »
bump

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 02:24:48 PM »
perhaps tehy originally planned a clip show, they have done it before.