Author Topic: Jay Manuel Replaces Trisha Helfer as host of Canada's Next Top Model S2  (Read 3928 times)

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
Top Model’s Manuel to host Canadian version of show

Jay Manuel is coming home.

The  immaculately-plucked, U.S.-born, Toronto-raised photo shoot art director and producer of America’s Next Top Model is heading north of the border to host the second cycle of the Canuck version of the hit American reality show, Canada’s Next Top Model.

Manuel, a 14-year veteran of the fashion and design world, replaces Alberta-born supermodel and actress Tricia Helfer and promises his own unique twist on the catty competition which will eventually reward an aspiring model her own contract, a spread in a fashion magazine and the coveted title of Canada’s top model.

“I looked at Canada as this huge melting pot for the world,” Manuel explains. “I think that’s going to be our theme because the fashion industry is very international and I thought, I wanted to bring a spin on this and bring an international flare to the show so these girls get the best preparation to really compete in this business.”

America’s Next Top Model fans can rest easy. Manuel will continue his duties on that show alongside host Tyra Banks while hosting the Canadian version, will still maintain his position as host of Style Her Famous on the Style Network, and will keep his regular gig as a commentator for the E! Network’s Emmy, Golden Globe and Academy Awards red carpet programs.

To refer to the carefully-coiffed style and fashion guru as merely busy would be an understatement.

Manuel is clearly driven to dominate the high-stakes world of fashion reality television and he points out that it’s this brand of determination which contestants need to espouse if they hope to wear the top model crown.

“Often people think the pretty girl makes the best model, but if you look at the supermodels and icons that have been out there, they don’t have those traditional standards of beauty,” he says. “It’s these little distortions and odd features that make them stand out physically and they tend to try harder in the personality department because when they were younger they felt a little awkward or geeky. These girls tend to compete a little harder.

That’s what makes them work internationally and to compete on that level.”

Cycle 2 of Canada’s Next Top Model will air on Citytv.

CHRIS ATCHISON/Metro Toronto

I don't know about anyone else..but I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY ABOUT THIS....Tricia was Just Boring!!!!!!
 :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :partie: :partie: :partie: :hoot: :hoot: :hoot: :roses: :roses: :roses: :elvis: :elvis: :elvis: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :rjreffypud: :rjreffypud: :rjreffypud: :ron: :ron: :ron: :amen: :amen: :dance: :dance: :martini: :martini: :yes: :yes: :wiggle: :wiggle: }^{ }^{ :piano: :piano: :Cdance: :Cdance: :ya3: :ya3: :party: :party: :welcome: :welcome: :ty3: :ty3: :werock: :werock: :yourock:

~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
ok so this year is another snooooooooooooozefest....I just don't get the concepts behind the photo shoots.

Jay Manuel sounds like he's reading just like trisha did last year...Nole is the creative director ....Miss J has come on once or twice...next week Nigel is guest photographer....but these girls are just so boring!!!

They are now down to 5 girls...GoSees are next week....so lets see what happens....Here is an article about last nights show....

Models told just to be themselves - Then they get sent for pole dancing lessons
By RICK McGINNIS
Metro Toronto - Thursday June 28 2007
After being squeezed into a single bedroom, the six finalists on last night’s episode of Canada’s Next Top Model are sent to a gym to
work out, as part of what they anticipate is a fitness modelling challenge; at least half the girls admit they never work out or watch what they eat, which is totally endearing, right? While they pump away at the stationary bikes, there’s a recap of each girl reflecting on what they’ve learned so far; most of them have come to the conclusion that they have to be themselves, only more so; so much for self-esteem issues. We get to hear one of the girls puke from the exertion, in any case. Finally, someone we can sympathize with.
There’s a round of one-one-ones with host Jay Manuel, who gives them a sympathetic ear and a bit of advice. Mostly, he tells them to be themselves, only more so. And because strippers are the most self-actualized people alive today, they get sent away for a pole dancing session. Cori’s the winner, which is more than Tara — the only professional dancer in the group — can stand; while Cori enjoys a spa visit she dishes on her viciously, ending her tirade by complaining about her foul mouth and calling her trash. Meow. The photo challenge involves making the girls up to look like drowning victims and making them jump on trampolines. It’s an ’80s Vogue/Commes des Garcons kind of vibe, and Tia seems to be the loser. There’s a brief pre-judging makeover to plug Pantene, one of the show’s sponsors, and then the girls get called on the carpet. Cori comes out on top again; Tia scrapes by, Sinead’s height calls
her status as a potential model into question, and Mo and Tara end up in the bottom two. While Manuel runs her down for being mediocre at best, Mo begins breaking down, and exits in aheartbreaking eruption of grief.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
so no  one was booted off last night...totally sucks....but there are only 2 more episodes anyways....

they all ganged up on Corey last night because they are jealous that she's winning stuff and still is around.

personally I think Rebecca's look is weird without makeup....but I think she's the best one there all around

Tia her big mouth physically and how much she talks ...bothers me

Shinad plays this innocent act...but her pics aren't that great.

Tara thinks shes all that and a bag of chips...no life in her photos

Corey plays all innocent and stuff but whines too much and is too emotional..not good for a model

Rebecca...best look these days, best walk, takes direction the best....

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Cori got the boot last night.  Only 4 remain...next week is the last episode!

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
and the winner is:

Rebecca

[attachment deleted by admin]