Author Topic: Heroes  (Read 53527 times)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
Re: Heroes
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 02:40:43 PM »
Appearing frequently throughout the series is a symbol which strongly resembles an RNA molecule. Said appearances include:

* In the swimming pool at a double homicide crime scene in which Matt Parkman was involved.
    * As a recurring shape shown scrolling across a laptop screen in a genetic profiling program created by Chandra Suresh.
    * On a drawing done by Peter Petrelli.
    * Frequently painted by Isaac Mendez.
    * On a post-it note on the map in Mohinder Suresh's apartment.
    * Written on a geometry textbook owned by Claire Bennet.
    * Written on pictures in Sylar's apartment.
    * As a tattoo on the shoulder of Niki Sanders' alternate personality.
    * Engraved on the hilt of Future Hiro's katana.
    * Printed on the front of Chandra Suresh's book, Activating Evolution.
    * Printed on the upper left corner of the 14th issue of 9th Wonders comic book, written by Isaac Mendez (The 13th issue that Micah was reading did not have the symbol).
    * On a necklace around Mr. Bennet's special assistant's neck.
    * On a picture that Isaac drew of Niki.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 02:45:41 PM »
Interesting.  Your avatar is of RNA, mine is of DNA.  Just thought I'd point that out.

I noticed that symbol a couple times in the show, but the geometry book and the katana?  I never noticed those, wow to the hardcore fans! 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 03:08:58 PM »
Now we need Cole to change his avatar to NRA.

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2006, 01:43:19 AM »
LOL!  I'm happy to know what your Avatar is, Jeff!  I've been wondering & was going to ask you.  But until now, I didn't associate it w/ the symbol in Heroes.

I'm finally caught up watching the Heroes tapes.  Thanks everyone for you comments, which are helping me understand this show better.  That stuff with Niki is really far out and spooky.  (uh...a little scary.)

Ok, are Peter & Nathan bros?  And Nathan can fly, but Peter wants to and can't (yet)?
(Nathan played the last boyfriend of Judging Amy just before that series went South.)

I really like Hiro and his time stopping stuff, also the guy (name?) who reads minds.  (he had a major role in Alias.) 

Also, Claire's power is intriguing (and spooky!). 

This is really a great show!  :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2006, 09:46:11 AM »
Okay Rudy, an answer to your question. For those who are still catching up I"ll add a bit of spoiler space.
Yes, Peter and Nathan are brothers. No, Peter can not fly. His ability is called Mimic. He can copy the powers of people he's by. So if he's with his brother he can fly. If he's with Matt, he can read minds.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2006, 10:11:46 AM »
OOO!!!  I never noticed that Peter could do that!  That is so cool.  So, if he was with Claire he could heal fast?  If he was with Hiro he could stop time and whatnot?  If he was with Sureesh, he could be incredibly smart about genetics?

I wish I had that power. :blume:

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2006, 10:15:26 AM »
Yea, I figured it out the night he was on the train and Hiro stopped time and everyone else stopped but him. That was his mimic power kicking in. Also, he finished that painting by himself, and without drugs. That was why when he jumped off the building he couldn't fly till he reached his brother then he began to.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2006, 01:50:07 PM »
Spoil-erific material
On NBC.com they have mini-graphic novels offered for those interested. For those, that have not seen them, but would like to know what’s included, I’ve decided to give the information here. Just for the record, most of the spoiled information is mostly just background info NBC may not include in the actual series, so calling this spoiler info may or may not be true.

(spoiler space)

Comic One: Monsters
Suresh recalls a story his mother told him of the Goddess Kali who wants to kill all of mankind. His dad reassured him there are no monsters. Suresh visits the cab company his father worked for and accepts a job to fill in for his father. The cab company has the taxi his father drove still, totaled from his ‘accident’.

Comic Two: The Crane
Hiro figures out a lesson his father taught him when he was given an Action comics #1. Having survived devastation, his father fought the ‘cancer’ from within, his mother named him after the devastation so they would never forget. Hiro believe he has not honored his father’s memory till now. He decides to change that and rips the comic up, making paper cranes and leaving them at a Hiroshima memorial.

Comic Three: Trial by Fire
Nathan thinks about what Peter was saying about flying. As he passes a burning building he hears a cry for help. Realizing the fire department will not get to her in time he flies up to rescue the lady. Back on the ground, she turns to thank him, but he’s gone already. She finds a Nathan candidate button on the ground and thinks to herself, “And I was going to vote for the other guy.”

Comic Four: Aftermath
After running the car into the wall, Clare begins to walk away. Suddenly the car catches on fire and she decides to go back and pull him out of the car, saving his life.

Comic Five: Snapshot
During an interrogation, DL somehow manages to slip out of his handcuffs. Back in his jail cell he concentrates on a picture of his wife and son, he is worried because he has tried to teach his son the importance of following rules. Deciding his family is too important, he slips out of his cell to freedom.

Comic Six: Stolen Time
Niki’s alter ego recalls how she teamed up with DL’s crew to procure two million dollars. When they try to double cross her, she kills them and takes them to a special spot in the desert.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Save A Horse...Ride a Cowboy
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2006, 02:03:21 PM »
6 hours count down till Heroes is on today!!

Guess I don't need to tape it and watch it later since Bachelor is not on tonight (damn Country Music Awards)
~Honesty Is The Best Policy, But Insanity Is A Better Defense~
~Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Don't Have Film~

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »
Yay!  Heroes tonight!  But "How I Met Your Mother" is on before that.  Love those shows. :angel:

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2006, 07:16:44 AM »
how i met ur mother was a rerun i think....the newer ones are on wed or something.  The Class was on also last night...such a cute show.

So back to Heroes.
(spoiler space for those who missed last night)

Man there are more and more heroes each day!!

So Nicky's husband can go through solid surfaces??? and the son now can do something with electrical currents???

I did pick up a bit about nathan's wifes reason for being in a wheelechair.  if you heard the reporter he asked her if she was bitter towards her husband since he drove the car.  so i think it was a car accident. 

I just love how they are melding everyone together!! can't wait til next week.

anyone else with views?

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2006, 08:36:39 AM »
Yes, DL can 'phase' through objects, just reaching his hand through the window. I'm anxious for Hiro to hone his power to the point where he does not have to do that squint thing. I'm sure once he's practiced enough it will be instant.

As for the overall show, it was pretty mediocre but a lot of character development.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: November 07, 2006, 10:59:18 AM »
Ceejay, "Mother" is only on TV on Mondays at 8.  Last night was new, last week was a repeat.

Back to Heroes:
Great episode, overall.  I enjoy the Hiro scenes the most.  I think I know why he is named Hiro.  Anecdote:  I was in my Fundamentals of Speech class today, and one of my classmates did a lecture on Japan's nuclear history, and he mentions Hiroshima.  Notice the first four words from that city are HIRO, and Hiro is from Japan, and there is a big bomb coming to NY.  God, I hope his last name isn't Shima. 

I'm still a little confused about Micah's powers.  Remember his first scene in the first episode when he was playing with his computer?  We should have seen it earlier, I guess.  But what exactly did he do?  I'm confused.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #38 on: November 07, 2006, 11:09:51 AM »
if you read the spoiler info I included earlier from the graphic novel, you'll see his mother named him Hiro as a reminder that they can survive tragedy.

I'm not sure about MIcah, I will have to rewatch the first episode. Maybe he was chatting with Walt.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2006, 12:46:50 PM »
really...wow i'm so confused with that show....thought the halloween one the week before was the new one and they had already gotten back together

were there 2 seasons and i just am so lost?? thought it was a new show!

Sorry to be posting in the heroe posting

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2006, 02:10:49 PM »
Mother: Yeah, the halloween episode was a repeat from the first season.  They are on their second now.  Season one comes out on DVD in 14 days!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Heroes: Does anyone have the link to the graphic novels?  For some reason, NBC.com is really slow for me.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2006, 02:12:31 PM »

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2006, 10:49:20 AM »
Just bumping this thread up with a story from EW
DO LOST AND HEROES SHARE THE SAME WORLD?

A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you my theory that the exec producer of Heroes, Tim Kring, and the exec producer of Lost, Damon Lindelof, are in a secret creative alliance, and that their respective stories share a common backstory mythology. To wit: The Hanso Foundation/The Dharma Initiative is the agency responsible for the outbreak of super-powered humans in Heroes.

In response to the theory, Kring, who happens to be good friends with Lindelof, revealed that the two men have indeed discussed the idea of creating some kind of creative synergy between the two shows, although the reality of Lost and Heroes being on separate, competing networks makes that somewhat complicated if not impossible.

I recently had the chance to run all of this by Lindelof. For the record, when I asked him if it was true that he and Kring had discussed the possibility of a Heroes/Lost team-up, this was his reaction:

''Totally true. And if Hiro can teleport ANYWHERE, wouldn't YOU watch him team up with Hurley to find the rest of that four-toed statue?''

My answer: YES!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/commentary/0,6115,1553147_3||1045714|0_0_,00.html

Bashful

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2006, 12:50:46 PM »
So, there was this BIG buildup for the show that aired this Monday, 11-20-06. 
For those of you who watch this show:

Did the episode satisfy you? 
Did you gain what you hoped from it?
Do you think this is dragging on too slowly?
Are we led to believe that all these people will somehow be coming together for something big?
Does anyone know what's in store for them in the future?

Yes, I am a bit inquisitive......and impatient.   :-[
I never did go back and watch the first 4 episodes from the beginning that I missed, and I know I should.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2006, 12:02:49 PM »
Interesting Graphic Novel back-story again. This time dealing with Eden.

**Possible Spoiler**

"Eden" grew up in a house where at an early age, her father walked out on the family, leaving her behind to live with her step-mother. For years, she kept quiet, hoping one day her father would return. Her step-mother berated her and told her she was to blame for her father leaving. Play time was not an option after school as chores took all evening. The little grew up to be a young women, and one night in one of her step mothers drunken rages, she was told her father left because of her. All the years of her being quiet came to a head and she yelled out "I wish you would just DIE!", to her step-mother. As soon as the words came out of her mouth, her step-mothers heart stopped beating. The lit cigarette held her in mouth dropped to the floor and ignited the cleaning chemicals Eden was cleaning with. The house burned down, but Eden got out. She met a stranger and asked if he would just drive her away from the place, he complied.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2006, 12:21:47 PM »
I still need to read the graphic novels.  Maybe if I have time before the show.

Offline CeeeJay

• " Miss. Thang !"
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2006, 12:23:58 PM »
last week's episode wasn't as good as i thought it would be...so Peter now is arrested? hows that going to effect his brother's campaign.

Tonight we'll find more info i guess.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2006, 12:27:51 PM »
That may make his brother finally take a stand for or against his brother.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #48 on: November 27, 2006, 03:10:38 PM »
I don't think we'll find out tonight, CeeeJay.  It is all-new, but it supposedly goes back to 6months before the show started.  You know, maybe how they discovered their powers, and answering a bunch more questions we have. 

It didn't look as thrilling as all the hype was telling us.  It was good, though, but tonight might be even better.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2006, 03:27:35 PM »
Perhaps, but I think tonights episode will reveal what happens with Hiro and Charlie!