Author Topic: EP7: Why Aren't You Swimming? Thu 11/2  (Read 6189 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
EP7: Why Aren't You Swimming? Thu 11/2
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:10:53 AM »
Why Aren't You Swimming?  for Thu 11/2

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: EP7: Why Aren't You Swimming? Thu 11/2
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 02:30:50 PM »
sounds like some one did not do well in a challenge or gave up.  OR maybe someone wanted to prove worth in swimming ~ that Ozzy was not the only good swimmer.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 12:11:26 AM »
from and thanks to suvivorfever !
http://www.survivorfever.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=381

remember some clips are future challenges :

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 11:15:54 AM »
clues

* At an extremely physical Reward Challenge, a Survivor collapses out of exhaustion, leaving the burden of completing the challenge to their tribemates.
*One Survivor confronts another about their choice to sit out of the physical portion of the Reward Challenge,blaming the loss on them. How will this decision affect their position in the game?
* With little shelter available, a raging storm makes one Survivor's trip to Exile Island a nightmare.
* One survivor brings a seabird back to camp after having caught it with their barehands. Can they convince their fellow tribe members that their strength around camp is an asset or will they quickly make themselves a target?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 11:23:00 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 02:02:03 PM »
Web promo is up, I'll post some pictures later tonight.

link in realone

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 03:03:38 PM »
*One Survivor confronts another about their choice to sit out of the physical portion of the Reward Challenge,blaming the loss on them. How will this decision affect their position in the game?

Well Aitu has more people so this could mean they lose.  I think Ozzy sits out.... could be why the title says why is he not swimming.  Does nate have to participate?  Woudl nate lose on purpose so his other tribe will get a reward.

Almost looks like Probst jumping in the water.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 03:29:44 PM »
Yeha it really does look like Jeff  :hlol ! Ozzy has the seabird..

album here
last to first is the order and the voice over is from survivorfever :

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b105/rawalsh/Survivor%2013/ep7/web/?start=all

« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 03:41:10 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 03:46:57 PM »
this goes with the native dancing pictures and lagoon pictures?, but I'm not sure if its this episode:

Spoilerish --S13 challenges/rewards
On Atiu I learned that one of the challenges for the participants was to spend the night in the burial caves. Participants were divided in groups, blindfolded and led into the caves, without food, without water, without light. Once in the caves, their blindfolds were removed. They could drink the water from the natural sweet water pools in the caves, but often there are poisonous crabs in these pools (I saw these crabs). The pinch or the bite of these crabs are not poisonous, but when you eat them, they are deadly. Some participants, I was told, screemed with fright (how entertaining!).

On another occasion, I was told, participants were flown to Atiu for a feast as a bonus. In a shack near a beach, they had a lavish meal. As they were starving, their eyes were bulging when they saw the food. They swallowed the food eagerly, the producers of the series making sure they drank a lot of alcohol. The purpose for that excessive drinking was to make the participants sick fast and good, for that would provide for some good footage (how civilized!)

The participants were carried to this shack on the shoulders of locals in carrying chairs. I visited the shack and saw the carrying chairs."

Hi,
I am Chinagazer from Tripadvisor and I hope you don't mind me popping in.
I read this thread completely and I feel I can contribute a little bit more.

1) I am absolutely not familiar with Survivor: I have never watched it and I do not know how it works. The first thing I heard about Survivor is when I was planning my trip to Aitutaki. So I certainly am not familiar with the Survivor vocabulary. In relating what I heard on Atiu I used the words that were used by my interlocutors. Regarding the caves, the word used was "challenge". For the feast, the word "bonus" was used.

2) "Carrying chairs": the chairs I saw are not quite "litters" or "sedan chairs" as they are not covered or closed. The carriers of sedan chairs carry the poles on which the chair is fixed in their hands. On Atiu it was clearly stated that they were carried on the shoulders.
It is a typical image of the white colonist being carried in a chair on poles on the shoulders of black slaves.
Before the christianization of the Maoris, the chiefs of the tribes could not walk on the ground because of a taboo (tapu in Maori): the ground they walked upon would become taboo for anyone else to touch or walk upon. So to avoid that, the chiefs were carried on the shoulders of one of their subjects. I have seen gravures (prints) of scenes like this in old books and you can read descriptions of chiefs being carried on the shoulders in the diaries of both Captain James Cook and Captain William Bligh (available free of charge on line at the Gutenberg Project). Also in books like Alan Moorehead's "The Fatal Impact" you can read about this custom.
If you wonder how they were carried on the shoulders, it's like this: they sit with spread legs in the neck of their subject, with their legs hooked in front underneath the armpits of the one who carries them. (Like when you have a push fight in the water where one sits in the neck of a second person).

3) I only saw 3 carrying chairs. I double checked this with my daughter and she too remembers seeing three chairs only.

4) Correct about the type of plane, but Air Rarotonga only takes maximum 12 passengers on it.

5) I have been asked about the identity or description of the participants. I only have this information: I was told that one of the persons who were carried in the chairs to the shack was a "Japanese" girl and she was crying with emotion. Again, "Japanese" is the word that was used but it is probable that by "Japanese" my interlocutor meant that the girl had asiatic features, not that she actually IS Japanese.

Having read this thread I realize I should have asked more questions when I was on Atiu. Sorry.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 12:28:04 AM »
youtube of the promo  :hallo2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDe36tx61cs

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2006, 09:16:07 AM »
okay we can tell from pics that Flicka is sitting out a challenge, but who is sitting out with her?  Not Ozzy, Yul, Nate  or candice as we see them in challenge pics.  I think it is Jonathon as you see in the pic of Brad on the swing a guy sitting down.

BUT the other question is are all these pics the same challenge?  The one with the RARO girls could be another challenge.  Also I think the pick of the AItu tribe eating is the seagull OZZy catcfhes not food reward.

Jeff also says you have 10 second s to decide ~ Similar to past do you want to switch tribes?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 03:39:13 PM »
ONE CASTAWAY COLLAPSES AT THE REWARD CHALLENGE
ON "SURVIVOR:  COOK ISLANDS," THURSDAY, NOV. 2

"Why Aren't You Swimming?" -- One castaway collapses at the Reward Challenge, on SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS, Thursday, Nov. 2 (8:00-9:00 PM ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

At an extremely physical Reward Challenge, one castaway collapses from exhaustion, leaving the burden of completing the challenge to their other tribe mates.  When one survivor chooses to sit out the physical portion of the Reward Challenge, the rest of the tribe becomes resentful of this person after their loss.  With little shelter available, a raging storm makes one castaway's trip to Exile Island a nightmare.  And, the eighth castaway is voted off the island.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 03:56:39 PM »
I think Yul is the exile person and Jonathon is the strong person the decides to sit out.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 04:56:30 PM »
i'll try to catch up on what I read around the boards ..

from TDT

Survivor: Cook Islands episode 7 detailed RC spoilers/ speculation
   Having two water-based challenges makes it a bit difficult to sort out which challenge is which. Helpfully, however, we're shown Nate arriving at (what must be) the RC with Aitutaki, and Jonathan is visible in the shot. And he's wearing a different shirt here than he is when he sits out the puzzle/zipline challenge (which would be his brown t-shirt), so this other challenge (smashing plates) must be for reward.

The challenge itself doesn't seem that complicated, unless we're missing a huge component in the previews. Which seems likely. (A challenge without puzzles? How could that be?) The contestants appear to take a stick, swim out to a tower with six plates (odd, because one tribe has five and the other eight at this point), jump off and smash a plate, then swim back. Then again, there are stray barrels and something table-like at the starting mats on the beach, and there appear to be only three swimmers per tribe, so maybe they'll find a way to work puzzles into it, after all.

In-challenge shots: Click thumbnail image to view larger image      
   So who wins? Since the focus seems to be all on Ozzy, and we are shown only Aitutaki smashing plates, we'll guess Aitutaki wins. Which makes sense, since Ozzy should dominate in a challenge with a heavy swimming component. There are a lot of shots of Aitutaki eating in camp in the web promo as well, although (again thanks to Ozzy) they never seem to be particularly at want for food.

Survivor: Cook Islands episode 7 detailed IC spoilers/ speculation
   Ziplines, collecting colored bags, and a raised platform that houses both the zipline departure and what looks suspiciously like a puzzle table. As pointed out in the RC discussion, this challenge must be the IC.

Immunity challenge shots: Click thumbnail image to view larger image 
    Not sure where the shot of the Rarotonga women on balancing poles fits, but it's sunny, and Jenny is dressed differently here than at the RC, so this might be towards the end of the challenge (because we don't see the other tribe doing it). Regardless, because of the focus on Ozzy as a threat who needs to be booted, we think Aitutaki loses this challenge. (He won't be booted of course, but they need a distraction from the true boot).
   Ozzy's featured "Strength" jump off the platform (with Probst behind), and feet-up zip ride and splashdown clearly towards the end of the challenge, since there's a single red bag remaining on Aitutaki's mat (as opposed to a huge pile of blue bags on Rarotonga's mat when Candice splashes down). Perhaps this is a desperate, last-minute attempt to retrieve another puzzle piece/bag? Whatever, looks like a Rarotonga win. 

Survivor: Cook Islands episode 7 detailed Boot spoilers/ speculation
Looks like Aitutaki will finally lose another immunity challenge this week, so we'll get to see lots of plotting to oust Ozzy. None of that, of course, will come to fruition. For proof of this, you need look no further than VolcanicGlass's excellent vidcap analysis, showing Ozzy participating in a (quite distantly) future reward (and we know it's future, from the initial six pages in the thread linked above).

Besides, the next boot from Aitutaki was already highlighted in the previous episode, when Cao Boi assured Jessica the two of them were completely safe. Cao Boi is now gone, so that means Probst should be snuffing Flica's flame. Unless everything else is wrong, and it's Brad. But we don't think so.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2006, 05:01:01 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 05:09:06 PM »
also check out survivorfever

Episode 7: RC -  Tile Smash

'VolcanicGlass at MESS:  "Flica is sitting out a challenge. From this cap, it's clear someone else is sitting out with her. And from the color of the shirt, it's clear that it is Nate sitting out with her. We can also see them both in the background of the side shots. Given that Nate stays with Aitutaki through the next RC, this must be the RC."  Photo of sitouts

Given that Aitu already has one more person than Raro and also has the kidnapped Nate then it makes sense that Aitu would sit two people out.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 07:44:26 PM »
so far
Aitu wins reward paenut butter & potato's
Adam exiled
Raro wins IC  :yess:

play by play here
http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm11.showMessage?topicID=1604.topic

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 08:12:59 PM »
And Jessica/Flicka voted out 6-1 ( Flicka voted for Jonathan)