Author Topic: EP9: 'Being Polite Sucks Sometimes ' * video !! *  (Read 66639 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: EP9: 'Being Polite Sucks Sometimes ' * video !! *
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2006, 11:32:00 PM »
Based on the train schedules I could find (see above), I think the swamp task had to occur between the train arrival at Tampere @ 11:52 (closest place to Ylojarvi) and the departure for the train to Turku at 15:11--are there any shadows that would help confirm this? The wet socks are on the train from Tampere to Turku, based on the above sighting.

I'm also pretty convinced that the mine task was in the Lohja Museum at the Tyteri limestone mines where there are guided tours and an adventure trail....There is a phone #...should I call??? :o  I think this took place after 7:30PM, again based on train schedules and driving times...

The face first rappel is of course at the Helsinki Olympic Tower...so much of the timing for this task relates back to what flights the teams can get out of Madagascar...I'm stuck working a long stretch and can't work on this so much...anybody else? :js: I think this has to be the first task after airport arrival, because they don't go back to Helsinki till they go on to Kiev--at least from what I can figure by timetables... Shadows, Chateau?? :please:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 11:37:40 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2006, 08:56:49 AM »
I need more pictures to do it right.  But without even trying I can tell you that this was just a few minutes past sunrise.

It turns out to be just before sunset.   :groan:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 01:39:43 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: EP9: Being Polite Sucks Sometimes
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2006, 01:55:43 PM »
Oh cool Regis doing the eliminated teams now, thanks RJ. Who are this Rob & Trevor you speak of :snicker:?

eta: Mary & David are eliminated EP8 RJ, this EP one of the Cho's or Barbies unless its something else.

I knew that D&M are going to be eliminated, that's why I'm suspicious as to why all of a sudden Regis & Kelly are having the team appear on their show.  Why not the other teams.  Everything is happening w/D&M....they get two NEL AND the first team on R&K??  Hmmm....maybe Trevor is right about the producers knowing about the NEL's and arranging it for the favorite team to get it.   ???

Does all this make sense to what I'm saying?  Am getting over a mild headache.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2006, 03:40:02 PM »
Actually it might just be due to two factors.

1.  Teh race is more populat then it has been since season7.  So maybe Regis felt cool lets have a team on.

2.  They also might just see how people are reacting to David & Mary.  some teams are far, far more popular then others.

The producers have no idea how teams are going to come off to the public during the filming of the show.  And if they "fixed" the non elimination points.  They would ahve to know which teams are popular.

I would assume that early on teh producers woud feel that either Peter and Sarah would be the popular underdog team (Like Mirna and Charla), each with a popular underdog character saddled with a pain in the ass partner.  Or that they might feel that Erwin and Godwin based on their kindness to others.  After all while David and Mary are cool with otehrs and are enjoying the places and cultures, they aren't especially nice to each other.

So I don't think its rigged.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2006, 03:50:29 PM »
They only rig aiirliness to stop a plane while taxi-ing down the runway to let a behind team on with the leading team so that they have a better finale ..i.e.instead of one team running away with the win ( romberownage) they have 2 teams racing to the finish line   :snicker:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2006, 04:48:52 PM »
Puddin you don't actually believe that do you?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2006, 04:49:41 PM »
call it sourgrapes  :nods

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
Well I actually liked the team, but was glad to see them lose.

But I wish they would have done this race before any of hte survivor business.

I think it gave tehm a tremendous advantage with locals and getting assistance.

And while teams have often managed to get Ferns for assisstance, usually it isn't to the degree that Rob and Amber managed and surprisingly all of their Fern's did know who they were.  Unlike the other Fern's that just help out of hte kindness to strangers (though strangers with a camera clue).

While I think they still would have been a good team (and tough competition), I think there race average would have taken a good sized hit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2006, 06:44:04 PM »
 :thankyou:  Thank you Chateau for all the shadow info--that helps! I am determined to figure out those flights! (just as soon as I get an extra minute off work this week!)
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2006, 08:34:26 PM »
ahh AOL comes into play  :snicker:

I'll wait for Rob to post the video :) , theres not much new than we've already seen
The only thing I'm wondering is why a few pitstop Conf from EP10 " Ukraine " and no EP9 confessional? Maybe a TBC? we need one right?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 10:32:35 PM by puddin »

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2006, 08:42:38 PM »
Maybe you don't need this, but here is tonights preview

http://video.realityfanforum.com/tar10115.wmv

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2006, 09:04:32 PM »
Books, potted plants, small round tables...I'm thinking the cybercafe is in Tana. Here's a list; I found one picture here but no picture of the Hilton foyer yet.

Offline supsandalee

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »
The only thing I'm wondering is why a few pitstop Conf from EP10 " Ukraine " and no EP9 confessional? Maybe a TBC?

:tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: November 05, 2006, 11:06:08 PM »
this could be one of the most spoiled episodes yet? ( brb)
Clues:
THE TEAMS ARE FACED WITH A CLAUSTROPHOBIC ROADBLOCK AND ONE RACER COMES FACE-TO-FACE WITH THEIR FEAR OF HEIGHTS,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE 10," SUNDAY, NOV. 12

"Being Polite Sucks Sometimes" --

*Meanwhile, another team's frustration sets in when they miss a train, causing them to lose precious time.
* Frustration sets in for one team after they miss their train, putting them at the back of the pack.

* Teams must perform a 243-ft angel dive to retrieve a clue. Will one racer's severe fear of heights mean the end if HIS team's race?
* while one racer struggles to overcome their fear of heights

* The Roadblock is a dark and claustrophobic challenge.Will teams complete the task without panicking?
*The teams are faced with a challenging Roadblock that will test the racers' ability to stay calm in a claustrophobic setting.

*As the intensity of the race picks up, one team's kind nature is put to the test when another team jumps in front of them in the taxi line.
:bar:

Phil: ..Lyn & Karyln get emotional upon recieving a message from home ..

Task
Signal: Oh and also there is some info about their "task" in Ylöjärvi. Obviously it was some kind of obstacle course at swamp 
The landowner of the area is keeping his mouth shut, but nearby neighbours reported a helicopter and lots of people including security who kept the nosy ones far. The famous clue box was also seen there.

article: AMAZING RACE WAS HERE?

If the travelling route of Amazing Race would finally reach Finland, then where would
the american reality-tv makers head for? Cultural sights that we don't have, or to the
crowded national parks in Lapland? Eyewitnesses have said that production crew looking
very much like the Amazing Race was seen in the middle on June on obstacle course at swamp
in Ylöjärvi.
Foreign production crew with fire trucks and helicopters circling the sky didn't go
unnoticed by local residents, even thought that security personnel kindly prevented the curious ones
to not come too close. Contestants speaking english ran with yellow/black envelopes and cameramen
filming also a box matching the descriptions of the series clue box on a nearby road.

The area is privately owned beautiful swamp area, which in this time of year has nests of cranes
and swans. At winter the 40 hectare swamp is used for skiing. Owner of the land area is not saying anything,
and the production team is not revealing the routes of the still unseen episodes. 

Clue box, Rob/Kim & The Cho's
" Carry me?"

Barbies & Models

Ski's
  Ski's Barbies
Ski's Lyn's.
Tyler & James

Rob/Kim & the Cho's

Cho's
Trains
Signal: *I heard from a reliable source that some woman had talked with one couple in the train and the couple said that they had flown from Madagascar to Helsinki and from Helsinki to Tampere and Ylöjärvi and then they had to travel with a train to Turku where they must find the cars and drive to quarry mines in Lohja. What happened after that is unknown.
* "Yes, they were also in Tampere week ago friday (june 16th), or actually Ylöjärvi, close to my home. I heard about it from my aunt who drives a taxi, and she had taken one couple from Tampere train station to Ylöjärvi and back. They were hurrying to catch the train to Turku. My aunt was first a bit shocked when few dark skinned americans passed others in the queue and jumped to the car with a man sitting on the front seat who had a  huge camera"

*There was another sighting at the Helsinki train station june 16th. A "chinese" looking couple was seen running in the station with a camera man, and they had two other couples following them

Tarballs:
More info about the Finland spoiler: Some teams and camera crews were spotted at Turku's railway station at 5:20 pm last friday. Teams drove off towards east with Mercedeses.   

Detour
clue: * Teams must perform a 243-ft angel dive to retrieve a clue. Will one racer's severe fear of heights mean the end if HIS team's race?

Signal: * I've read and heard about people seeing the contestants climbing in the Olympic Stadium's tower in Helsinki, and Phil was spotted in a park/restaurant in Helsinki, wich could also be true.

Chateau d if " This shot was taken between 10:23 and 10:43 pm (assumes June 16th)"

Clue:* The Roadblock is a dark and claustrophobic challenge.Will teams complete the task without panicking?

Roadblock
Signal: ...Helsinki to Tampere and Ylöjärvi and then they had to travel with a train to Turku where they must find the cars and drive to quarry mines in Lohja. What happened after that is unknown.

James & Kandice
Kandice

Tyler & Dustin wait

Rob

not sure yet..Lyns wear red?

:dknow
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 07:19:06 PM by puddin »

jackie

« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2006, 11:21:14 PM »
I can't wait to see this one. Seeing Tyler and Rob covered in mud.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2006, 11:29:09 PM »
I want to see the models wrestling in the mud.

Okay, I am having happy naughty thoughts.

jackie

« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2006, 12:08:20 AM »
I agree mswood. My friend and I watched the show together. When both of us saw Rob and Tyler in the mud, we were thinking dirty thoughts

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2006, 12:08:47 AM »
Ya'll just behave now :D ^^
So who miss's the train ?

* Frustration sets in for one team after they miss their train, putting them at the back of the pack.

jackie

« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2006, 12:20:42 AM »
Ok I'll behave. Maybe the Cho brothers or the Bq's

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2006, 12:42:33 AM »
fwiw .. things could change.

November 6, 2006: Regis and Kelly
Episode Detail: Regis and Kelly - Regis & Kelly
Sting; the latest castoff from “The Amazing Race 10.”

November 13, 2006: Regis and Kelly
Episode Detail: Regis and Kelly - Regis & Kelly
Julia Louis-Dreyfus; Christian Slater.

tvguide

jackie

« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2006, 01:06:52 AM »
they usually go on the early show.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2006, 01:10:20 AM »
^^ right but thats not updated yet so we wait and see for the 13th.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2006, 01:11:09 AM »
Looks like June 16th to me.  But we already knew that.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

jackie

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2006, 01:15:08 AM »
i went on the early show website and it said the latest ar people

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2006, 01:18:50 AM »
i went on the early show website and it said the latest ar people
I know they are on tomorrow Jackie, i'm jumping ahead to the future, lol.