Author Topic: Season 10 final episode on Dec. 10  (Read 6019 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Season 10 final episode on Dec. 10
« on: October 17, 2006, 12:51:19 PM »
CBS has just put out a press releease with the seaon finale on Amazing Race airing a single hour on Dec 10.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20061017cbs02

"THE AMAZING RACE 10" AND "SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS" FINALES TO BE BROADCAST ON BACK-TO-BACK SUNDAYS
Released by CBS
[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]
"THE AMAZING RACE 10" AND "SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS" FINALES TO BE BROADCAST ON BACK-TO-BACK SUNDAYS

"The Amazing Race 10" Crosses the Finish Line on Sunday, Dec. 10; The "Ultimate Survivor" from the Cook Islands Revealed on Sunday, Dec. 17

The Sunday Night "Survivor: Cook Islands" Finale Will Be Followed By A Live One-Hour Reunion Show From Los Angeles Featuring The Castaways Together For The First Time Since Being In The Cook Islands

The finales for CBS's Emmy Award-winning reality series will be broadcast on consecutive Sundays in December.

THE AMAZING RACE 10 finale will air on Sunday, Dec. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) with the SURVIVOR: COOK ISLAND's finale broadcast on a special night, Sunday, Dec. 17 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Immediately following the SURVIVOR: COOK ISLANDS finale, Jeff Probst will host a live reunion show (10:00-11:00 PM; live ET, delayed PT) from CBS Television City in Los Angeles.

The final three teams on THE AMAZING RACE 10 sprint towards the finish line after traveling more than 40,000 miles in under 30 days, spanning four continents and 13 countries.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Season 10 final episode on Dec. 10
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 12:56:49 PM »
The final three teams on THE AMAZING RACE 10 sprint towards the finish line after traveling more than 40,000 miles in under 30 days, spanning four continents and 13 countries.  :yess:

thanks mswood !!

BOOO 1 hour finale :hand:
THE AMAZING RACE 10 finale will air on Sunday, Dec. 10 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 01:30:17 PM by puddin »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 01:56:48 PM »
I asume that the episode before it will have four teams and that it will be an elimination.  I am hoping but haven't yet checked that it is basically how they did season 5 and 6 but are just airing it over two weeks instead of having both hours ont he same night.

Personally I think that is a good thing.  Often teams have said that (and especially before mugging) that if you made final 3 and you still had another leg, you didn't ahve to treat it so seriously.

I hate that attitude.  Race....

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 02:03:47 PM »
Hmmm... the one hour finale changes how the end of the route spec shapes up -- everything's still possible as long as TAR is on every Sunday from here on out...

EP1: Seattle, WA (USA) to Beijing, China (EL #1)
EP2: Beijing, China to Gachuurt, Mongolia (EL #2)
EP3: Gachuurt, Mongolia to Hanoi, Vietnam (EL #3)
EP4: Hanoi, Vietnam to Halong Bay, Vietnam (EL #4)
EP5: Halong Bay, Vietnam to Chennai, India (NEL #1)

EP6: Chennai, India to Kuwait City, Kuwait
DATES: June 8-9, 2006 (SPOTTED IN AIRPORT JUNE 9 AM)
AIR DATE: OCT 22
EV: Teams spotted in airport, confirmed by CBS, clock tower, oil fires
TASKS: Drive to Kuwait Towers, open chests, camel racing, “insane oral challenge,” FAST FORWARD
TEAMS: 6 left at END of episode (either Peter/Sarah or David/Mary ELIMINATED), extended pitstop? (EL #5)

EP7: Kuwait City, Kuwait to Grand Baie, Mauritius
DATES: June 11-12, 2006 (SPOTTED ON BEACH JUNE 12 AM)
AIR DATE: OCT 29
EV: Teams spotted on beach in AM of June 12
TASKS: Something involving kayaks near Merville Beach Hotel, Lashti statue, schooner match
TEAMS: 5 teams spotted at beach (Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim), 5 left at END of episode, Peter/Sarah or David/Mary eliminated (EL#6)

EP8: Grand Baie, Mauritius to Madagascar
DATES: June 13-14, 2006
AIR DATE: NOV 5
EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a Finnish woman in the train, confirmed by CBS
TASKS: UNKNOWN
TEAMS: NEL #2? 5 left at END of episode (Erwin/Godwin, Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim)

EP9: Madagascar to Lohja, Finland
DATES: June 15-16, 2006 (SPOTTED ON TRAIN JUNE 16)
AIR DATE: NOV 12
EV: Told by one racer "couple" to a Finnish woman in the train, tank?
TASKS: Climbing tower at Helsingin Olympiastadionilla, not known how they travelled from Helsinki to Tampere (maybe with a train since teams with cameras spotted in the train station), proceed to Ylojarvi (to do obstacle course in swamp), and back to Tampere, train to Turku where cars waiting at the station, task at quarries in Lohja
TEAMS: TO BE CONTINUED

EP10: Lohja, Finland to Belarus
DATES: June 17-18, 2006
AIR DATE: NOV 19
EV:  UNKNOWN
TEAMS: 4 left at END of episode (Dustin/Kandace, Lynn/Karlyn, Tyler/James, Rob/Kim – Dustin/Kandace or Erwin/Godwin eliminated) (EL#7)

EP11: Belarus to Ourzazate, Morocco
DATES: June 19-20, 2006
AIR DATE: NOV 26
EV:  Atlas film studio, chariot racing
TEAMS: NEL #3? 4 left at END of episode

EP12: Ourzazate, Morocco to Barcelona, Spain
DATES: June 21 (arriving around 8:35pm) – June 22, 2006 (ending in afternoon)
AIR DATE: DEC 3
EV: Spotted/Race agenda revealed, Christopher Columbus statue
TASKS: Something involving tomatoes, something in Colonia Guell (art picture car?), something at Maremagnum
TEAMS: 3 teams left at END of episode (Tyler/James, Rob/Kim, Lynn/Karlyn - Dustin/Kandace or Erwin/Godwin eliminated) (EL#8)

EP13: Barcelona, Spain to Paris, France to New York City, New York (USA)
DATES: June 23-24, 2006
AIR DATE: DEC 10
EV: All remaining teams spotted at Eiffel Tower (Paris), Lynn/Karlyn spotted near Rockefeller Center (NYC)
TASKS: Climb Eiffel Tower (Paris), go to News Building (NYC) – something involving globe?
TEAMS: 3 teams race to finish (Tyler/James, Rob/Kim, Lynn/Karlyn)

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 05:42:34 PM »
mwooden i still think the tbc is out, again why waste the nel penelty with a tbc?

Offline PotatosPunkGirl

• Big Brother Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 06:47:45 PM »
Dec 10th?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!   I dont get back from my cruise til the 11th!!!!

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:10:21 AM »
Kogs, not sure why the TBC wouldn't work with a NEL before it -- there's still a pit stop, it's just delayed until the next episode. See what I mean?  ???

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 09:13:02 AM »
WOW if this is right, good for Lynn/karlyn, but they will have to work their but off to beat those two younger teams.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 01:49:27 PM »
Dang, I clicked this topic and now I know the final three. :groan:
Oh well, at least my boys Tyler and James are there!  But I do want Lyn and Karlyn to win also cause I want a F/F team to win the game. 

Dec 10th?  NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!   I dont get back from my cruise til the 11th!!!!

PPG, stop teasing us!  Even if you miss the finale of TAR, I'm so jealous that you're going on a cruise while I'll be freezing my butt off.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 03:12:24 PM »
Actually teh finale leg is unforunately teh leg that generally is the easiest for a team to catch up on.  Usually it has several equalizer and only one real tasks in the final city.  And lately they haven't had it be a physical tasks.

In fact in all most all the fseasons (really number 2 is teh exception, though its the type of final leg I would much rather see) the big factor in who wins has been cabs for the most part.