Author Topic: EP6: Maybe Steven Segal Will See Me and Want Me to Be in One of His Movies.  (Read 86064 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
oh a clothes challenge  :yess:
( I'll work on this ..)

James & Tyler  :tup:

I call production not Rob & Kim
Phils Photos

Rob & Kim stil in India before they fly?
Kim & Rob in Kuwait

This explains it's self

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 07:50:16 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
It does look like the Cho's are at the roadblock alone and are later than the bunched teams (K/L, D/K, P/S, T/J). I don't see other teams when they show shots of them. I also can't tell if there are other teams shown with the shot of Kim up in the tower. You see someone in a helmet real quick but I can't tell if it is a team. I know I'm rambling.  B:)
Point taken , I don't see Kim in the shots with S/D/T/Lynn .. but they are watching someone maybe Kim? just a guess ? It would seem they have to take turns.

So if the Roadblock is climbing the towers and the Camels are a detour what the heck are the chests ?

did you see the 3 opened black chests? ( thanks Banzai )

Hey guys,

2. The picture with the black chests(?) are most likely at the base of the Kuwait Towers.

Cheers
-K.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 08:00:37 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
bring these over. cool photos  :jam:

This picture was taken between 8:45 and 8:53 am (assumes June 8, 2006).

Solar azimuth 88 plus or minus one degree.

No " Old Teams "  :o ?

Chateau as always  :jam: !! You rule  !!

So looking for some info on Kuwait

Real Answers to Real Questions

How much of the local language do you need to know for daily living?
Arabic is needed, as some of the locals don’t speak English at all—unlike other gulf states.

Dress code at work and in public:
Formal. Modest dressing is preferred for women, though they are not as conservative as the Saudis.

Islands with Failaka island being the most interesting .
and some pictures
and lots of pictures here

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I almost forgot theres lots of good stuff in the Spoilers for Kuwait, thanks banzai ..

I figured this one out , its recycled
Rob & Kim in India EP5
  Kim wore pink shorts

Offline GnarlyMarly

• RFF Not So Newbie
Thats not production...thats definitely Rob/Kim walking in the distance in Kuwait, she has the same gray t-shirt, and black pants.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Maybe so but the shirt looks blue to me , at least thats how it comes off in the pictures  ..?

<< Rob & Kim have a fern

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Tank

• RFF Not So Newbie
From my point of view, i think they are taking turns to do the roadblock(again! :groan: :groan:) which i dont really like it. They should all perform the roadblock at the same time. Thats not challenging at all...they order would be the same once they leave the roadblock to another task........Also this season has lots of bunching up between all the teams. Well,sometimes its good to have that but why all the time? im so mad when unnecessary "bunching" occurs.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
I don't think we have any clothing changes -- I think the women on the teams are required to cover their shoulders while in Kuwait out of cultural respect. This is the case in many Muslim countries.

Hence, Kim changes out of her blue tank top into gray shirt, Sarah covers up with pink shirt/blue jacket, Karlyn covers red tank top with red jacket when out in public -- she takes the jacket off in the cab, however.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 06:41:18 AM by mwooden »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
^^^ and that is why they are all wearing long pants mwooden ?! even the girls ! Good call !
also I agree with you Marly that probably is Kim not production afterall because for sure thats Rob with her as his clothes match up .
Sarah is wearing long pants as well ..

Peter could have unzipped his cargo pants but still do they usually have time to change tops ? Hard to say whats going on with Sarah's pants? capri's ?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 10:48:54 AM by puddin »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
They look lost running along there.  And we know they get eliminated.  That is what saves Dave & Mary so they can be the "Geeky" couple in
Mauritius.

The Camel Race is the FF right?

The shots of the BQ's and Alabama at the Towers are around 1 pm.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Wait, not lost there because I see those black/yellow cylinders along the sidewalk also in the above shot of Rob and Kim.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
OK I'm obsessed   :wall:..I went through all the legs and cannot find Peter & Sarah wearing those conf clothes any where at the same time so I think its new . The question is IF they are to cover up in Kuwait out of cultural respect then why doe's Peter have shorts on if this is a Kuwait confessional ?
In Mauritius  Izabela saw 5 teams ( the geeky girl part is still confusing but could be Edwin who could look like Lori ,TAR9 ) .
And Izabela also saw 6 kayaks , and also speculates that one team may have taken the Fast Forward and if a team did take the fast forward this could only be Peter & Sarah as Mary & David already used their's in Kuwait .
So I'm selling myself the idea that Mary and David did take the Fast Forward in Kuwait but got behind and did not come in first and were eliminated   :-\ . 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
They look lost running along there.  And we know they get eliminated.  That is what saves Dave & Mary so they can be the "Geeky" couple in
Mauritius.

The Camel Race is the FF right?

The camels muct be a detour because you can see the Lyn's and Tyler/James doing it . No idea what the fast forward is .

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Puddin, as to why Peter is in shorts when they are in the confessional -- dunno. Maybe at the pit stop, teams are out of the public eye and have a little more leeway in terms of what they can wear. I definitely would have been changing into shorts first chance I had -- temps in Kuwait that week were 110+.  :flamemad:

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Here's my version: It looks like David & Mary took the Fast Forward. I don't see them at the Water Tower Roadblock. All other teams are at the Roadblock: Sarah (black T-shirts), Dustin (pink), Karlyn (red), Tyler (white), Kimberly, and Erwin. The Roadblock comes before the Detour.
I also think Peter & Sarah will survive the Kuwaiti leg because of this confession in episode #5. They're sitting on a huge anchor. I don't think it's in India.
And it looks like they have to do a small task before the Roadblock. I see 3 opened black chests and they have to carry the blackboard from point A to point B. That's where the alliance helps David & Mary to finish that task fast and grab the Fast Forward.

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Closest I've found on a boat match -- the boat is definitely drydocked and has to be HUGE. No specific location sited on this one, so I'm trying to figure out where it IS in Kuwait.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I found a vintage postcard from Port-Louis, Mauritius.

The building in the background could be a similar location for Peter and Sarah's confessional

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I'm leaning towards banzai's version , plain & simple Mary & David don't survive Kuwait even with the fast forward .
As far as the chests , K wrote : I took those pictures on Friday, around 8.15 am. < That was at the airport & Towers
Then we see the Barbies & Lyn's with the chests << Chateau wrote :The shots of the BQ's and Alabama at the Towers are around 1 pm.
So the chests come after the Roadblock/climb the towers ? 9iish am to 1 pm is a lot of time to kill.

adding this
Roadblock Tally
Peter 4 Sarah 1
Dustin 3 Kandice 1
Rob 4 Kim 1
Erwin 3 Godwin 2
Lyn 2 Karlyn 3
Tyler 3 James 2
David 4 Mary 1

also Chateau , the attachment didn't survive the crash ..can you remember what picture this was based on? :)
This picture was taken between 8:45 and 8:53 am (assumes June 8, 2006).

Solar azimuth 88 plus or minus one degree.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
No  :groan: The chest task comes before the RoadBlock and the Fast Forward. Remember in the Hungarian leg, they have to do a small task before the Fast Forward. Yeah, those old funny train cars, remember. And then Lori/Bolo went for the Fast Forward.

The editor just mixed up those segments. When Lyn/Karly said "don't help those 2 girls". The editor supposed to find a clip of Dustin & Kandice. But the editor was lazy, so he just grab some random segments and squeezed in some frames like these:

They're supposed to be like this movie:

and then

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
^^ so it took them 4 hours to get from the airport to the towers for the first task  ???
I thought K followed them right to the towers from the airport ..even beating one team there ?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How about something like this:
8:15AM - - 8:53AM: airport to Water Towers
8:53AM - 9:53AM: chest task
9:53AM - 1 PM: Roadblock; meanwhile David & Mary are doing the FF
1PM

So David/Mary failed @ the FF? In that case, other teams can claim it once they found out.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Chateau wrote:

Or your saying that the Barbies & Lynns are trying for the FF after the towers ?
eta: how would they know Mary & David failed the FF ..they came back to the towers ?
eta: OK I understand what your saying banzai..I'll leave now  :lol:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 02:48:22 PM by puddin »

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's what I'm trying to tell everybody but you guys will kill me.  :-[  David & Mary finished the FF and won the 1st prize. Peter & Sarah also survived this leg. So it means the Cho bros are out. All other spoilers are messed up.

Remember Yolanda quit the FF and came back to the Monkey Festival? So other teams know.   :jumpy:
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 03:00:42 PM by banzai »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
The 8:45 to 8:53 was for this shot and was based on the shadows cast by the towers and knowing where those cars were parked using GE.

I think Kuwaiti confirmed it as well later on.  I would use his time since judging shadow locations has its errors.

Puddin, I missed the shot of Alabama at the Camel Races so my theory of what happens is trashed.  Back to the drawing board.

Also, I can't find the spot where those treasure chests are.  I've looked all around the tower location with Google Earth and nothing fits.  Do they appear in video-continuity with the other shots at the tower?  I have not seen the video yet.   :'(