Author Topic: The Amazing Race: Asia * no spoilers please *  (Read 8347 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The Amazing Race: Asia * no spoilers please *
« on: October 01, 2006, 06:45:46 AM »
Is anyone here remotely interested in talking about or spoiling this race? AXN's not overly careful in covering their tracks...

Here's the official site: http://amazing-race-asia.axn-asia.com/index.php

Oh, if the commercials are anything to base things on, the Opening Theme is going to be QUITE interesting...

ARGH, CBS taught them EVERYTHING, including casting billions of mactors and couples testing their relationship!
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 05:52:46 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: The Amazing Race: Asia
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2006, 10:40:47 AM »
I'm interested Neobie !! It's really hard to find info on TARA though, thanks for the link :)

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 11:16:25 AM »
if there will be a thread for The Amazing Race Asia, that will be better, if possible, put me and neobie as moderators, maybe i won't be there, sighs, as i am a newbie and have been ban before, however i am a singaporean. hope this will help
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 07:19:19 AM »
I hear the show is on now. Any rule differences?

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 09:28:33 PM »
The Amazing Race Asia premiere party. Allan Wu said there're 13 episodes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmhp8MZ8vc

Photos are here: http://amazing-spaces.spaces.live.com/photos/

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2006, 12:26:16 AM »
Hated hated hated HATED the episode. Way to destroy the race, AXN folks. (:;)

Banzai I know you can attest to this...

(The only rule difference I know of for now is that NELs operate on the TAR5-6 system of mugging only your money. They pirated everything else, with much worse quality, to a tee.)

Offline Evan_Weinstein

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Amazing Racer
    • EVANMINAL-MINDS
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2006, 08:41:33 AM »
the only rules difference from TAR: USA and TAR: Asia is, first episode is a NEL, the teams get to get their backpacks, but no money given on the next leg, and have their money confiscated. and the gameplay is way too simple.

If TAR: USA ratings kept falling, i will say to blame on the TAR: Asia, or maybe Allan Wu, his hosting sucks. i have to say if the ratings in the US version dropped intensively, i am the first to apologise to this.
Singaporean here - PM me, if you need me to translate, Chinese, Malay, English, German or Japanese

Offline Kilarney

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 12:18:24 PM »
Evan,

Totally not cool giving a spoiler in a non-spoiler forum.  Thanks for ruining the end of the first episode for me.
 (:;)

Offline tens

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: The Amazing Race: Asia * no spoilers please *
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 08:38:43 AM »
The biggest flaw in the Asian edition of TAR is the host. When he speaks, you have to really listen close to understand him. He also has the tendency to pause a lot. He just doesn't appeal to me. If there would be a next installment, they should replace him. He is really bad.

The teams are a varied lot and they speak with different accents that I am wondering why there are no subtitles. It is hard tp keep up with what they are saying.

A disappointment would be the penalty. I don't know if this is a spoiler because I am not naming any teams, but shouldn't the penalty apply as soon as teams decide to skip a task?

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: The Amazing Race: Asia * no spoilers please *
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 11:08:05 AM »
I tryed my best to sit through the entire first episode, but I couldn't.  I stopped watchng halfway through because I felt it was a horrible spin-off of the real thing.  Though, I didn't really mind the host.