Author Topic: My Ox is broken  (Read 2963 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My Ox is broken
« on: September 26, 2006, 07:33:48 PM »
Just letting everyone know (if there isn't a thread about it) that the book my Ox is broken is out.

I just bought mine.

It looks fairly cool with info from each season, a breakdown of each leg, interviews with several racers.  And things like dumbest mistakes.

Little did bits they think Colin and Christie is "the single most formidable team in the show's history".  I might disagree due to the fact that this season didn't require both teammates participate equally.  So we can't really compare.

While, one of the strongest teams in my opinion Eric and Jeremy they say this about "they're strong candidates for the strongest, fastest, smartest, luckiest, most confident, and most competent team of all time"  And while I would certainly disagree with smartest (unless they are simply referring to being able to concentrate and follow the clues instruction, they did that exceedingly well).  And I disagree with luckiest (even on their season BJ and Tyler were far luckier.

But it is interesting there thoughts on all the various racers.

And They also dung, Kris and Jon (you always get points in my book for that)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: My Ox is broken
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:27:14 PM »
Link to it on amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/My-Ox-Broken-Roadblocks-Forwards/dp/1932100911/sr=8-1/qid=1159323981/ref=sr_1_1/002-3427984-1492018?ie=UTF8&s=books

I'm debating if I'll pick this up.  $12 is too much for a book, then add the shipping.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 09:31:28 PM by TheCinera »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:41:25 PM »
For those who don't wish to pay the full price, my suggestion is wait a few months and then try and get it used from teh private sellers that you can find on Amazon.  I have had great luck there.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:01:32 PM »
A few more details:

Cast Interviews with:  The Guidos, Jonathan, Gaghans, Brennan. Clowns, and Marshall

Articles about Jonathan, Flo, Tara, Colin.

It also features several seperate section that combine all the seasons.

But I think all those list where made before Seson 9.

Moments we see Again and Again
Moments we see again and again II
Moments we see again and again III

Moments We see Gain and Again Conclusion
Fixing the Race
New Combiations
Most Jaw dropping Errors Made by Racers
The Smartest Moves Ever Made By Racers
The Most Endearing Racer Moments
Rules
Is the Race Real
The Vomit Chapter
Racers' We Hardly New You, Whos the Boss
Single Best Racer in the Show's History

Now in these seperate chapters characters and events are mentioned from all of the first 8 seasons.  None are mention from season 9.

So if your favorites events, moments, mistakes, characters aren't mentioned in those lists,  Ibelieve that is the reason.

Though int he chapter about S9, they do go into detail about some of them.  THe anoyance of T-Tow or the "Flirtiing" of Eric and Jeremy, The Bedouin, the strength of Eric and Jeremy as Racers, vomit of crickets, the Yield actually working.

Actually in reading the authors Introduction he in facts says that overal comments are about season 1-8 season 9 wasn't finished.  SO any particular thoughts ended up just in that chapter.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
Thanks for the recaps...  too bad no Joni in the book.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2006, 10:59:41 AM »
thanks mswood , sounds like something I would buy  :hrt: