Author Topic: My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance  (Read 7227 times)

Offline Suess

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance
« on: January 18, 2004, 04:34:46 PM »
Where do they keep coming up with these ideas for reality shows??  ??? There's a new one called My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance where a girl has to convince her family that she's going to marry exactly that.  If she can get through the ceremony, she'll get $1 million!!  Starts on Monday http://www.buzztone.com/bigfat/track.asp?sel=bfwm

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Re:My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 09:28:12 PM »
Thanks to http://www.buzztone.com, RFF has recieved some exclusive video clips of American Idol and My Big Fat Obnoxious Fiance!!!

Check them out!

http://news.realityfanforum.com/fullnews.php?id=179

Rob

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2004, 10:31:47 PM »
Did anyone catch MBFOF tonite? Oh my gosh, I think it is going to be a "Joe Millionaire 1" type of hit! It is so funny! A little overboard at times, but very, very funny! I hope FOX replays the 1st episode again soon!

Check it out. Not sure when it is on again next!

Rob

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2004, 11:23:42 PM »
It was funny and pretty much what I expected..what's bugging me is that I've seen this guy before in commercials..maybe I watch too much TV ::)..I'm surprised that Randi didn't recognize him?? Also ,I guess that we where supposed to laugh when Randi said"? "Hes like a kid with ADD"..I didn't find it to funny..Isn't she a teacher??

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 12:47:54 PM »
I saw the last 10 - 15 minutes of this show.  So do they just put them together?  how did this start.  Does she think they both will get a million?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 02:40:35 PM »
I'll see if I could find you a recap Texan ;)I'm guessing that they will give Randi the 1 million anyway?

http://www.fox.com/bigfat/

MY BIG FAT OBNOXIOUS FIANCÉ
EPISODE ONE RECAP

Prologue

(Setting: A FOX conference room full of bigwigs.)

Ted: So get this. It’s a little risky, but I want to start this episode five minutes late. 9pm is for squares! The American Idol audience will have no choice but to watch!

(The room is silent. Suddenly, a lone clap is heard. Clap. Clap. Clap. The applause grows and grows until it becomes deafening.)

Bill: Well, Ted. You’ve done it again. You’ve knocked it out of the ballpark. The bar has been raised. The paradigm has been shifted. Forget “out of the box.” You just made a new box. Kudos.

The Con

Under cover of night, a woman named Randi is arriving at a “spectacular estate” (or so says our host, the lovely Miss Claudia DiFolco). Randi has been isolated from the world for two and a half weeks, and has been told only that she’ll be involved in some sort of reality show. Yikes! But don’t fret, fellas! She’s single, and ready for romance!

Claudia tells us that Randi must trick her whole family into thinking that she’s marrying a man she’s just met. She’ll believe that her partner in crime is another reality show contestant, but he’s really a professional actor trained to do one thing: be as obnoxious as possible. Only on FOX, folks!

The limo pulls up. An attractive attendant girl gives Randi a bouquet of flowers and a “why the $%&# wasn’t I cast in this show” death glare. Another girl gives Randi a wedding train. Randi starts to put two and two together. What up, yo?

Ok, now it’s getting serious, as a wedding-ish headpiece is slapped on. Our girl’s freaked. Claudia casually tells Randi that tonight she’s gonna get engaged!

Randi’s head explodes.

“Tonight you’ll be paired up with a complete stranger,” says Claudia. We’re treated to a view of ten hot guys, standing in two rows of five each. Claudia informs the Rand-ster that while she was in seclusion, her loved ones were informed of her involvement in a reality show. Her task now is to make her friends and family believe that she fell in love on this “show,” and that she's marrying her new beau twelve days from today. Zoinks! That’s crazy! Crazy like a…FOX!

“Oh, it gets better,” says Claudia. Randi must ensure that her mom, dad, brothers and sister all attend the ceremony. If she pulls it off, she wins $500,000 (half for her and half for her family). BUT…if anyone refuses to attend or formally objects to the marriage during the ceremony, she don’t get %$&#.

It’s time to pick a hot guy! The gentlemen all introduce themselves as the audience at home giggles in anticipation of “that fat dude.” These ten guys are real pieces of work, and doubtlessly are all carrying flip-phones, reading The Da Vinci Code and playing Madden 2004.

Claudia warns Randi to choose wisely, as the wrong choice will result in rapid aging/death and a sassy one-liner from a cave-dwelling immortal. Randi must remember that she’ll be snuggling, hugging and kissing this guy in front of her closest peeps. She picks three guys named Jeff, Nick and Scott (though we’ll call them Jake, Buck and Todd).

The rest of the guys file out. “What a waste,” says Claudia, in a very telling “meta” moment. And then there were three. Cue the violins. “Oh yeah, there’s just one thing,” Claudia says slyly. We, uh, picked your fiancé for you. All of a sudden some bizarre low-frequency version of Willy Wonka’s “Oompa-Loompa” whistle kicks in.

A spotlight hits the curtain behind the three hot guys, and the only way to describe what happens next is simply to call it a ghoulish hybrid of Johnny Carson’s worst monologue entrance nightmare and the explosive antics of the Kool-Aid Man. It’s Steve, butt-scratching his way into our collective hearts and minds!

Randi is in Stage One cardiac arrest.

Claudia invites Steve to come on over. He’s a portly fellow with wild hair, and he’s wearing a tux two sizes too small. Oh, and he has white socks on (with black shoes)! Fashion faux pas alert! Somebody’s gonna make Mr. Blackwell’s list this year!

Randi’s doing her best not to become FOX’s first on-air suicide. Ok, romance-lovers…savor their first exchange:

Randi: Nice to meet you!

Steve: Nice to meet you!

(Both parties cackle)

(Awkward pause)

Randi: Are you freaking out?

Steve: Oh yeah.

(Both parties cackle)

Steve? First impressions? “Well, she’s hot,” he cackles. Randi? “Uh, you have very pretty eyes,” she says diplomatically. We see an interview scene with Randi in which she tells us that her family will think she’s lost her mind. As a sidenote, her title card (which belongs in the title card hall of fame) says:

“Bride” / Doesn’t Know Steve is an Actor

Claudia tells the happy couple that they wanted to find two people that were a little bit of a mis-match for one another. And they did it! In spades! Randi asks Steve if he can pull this off. Steve’s all for it. One caveat though: if either of them tells anyone that they’re not really in love, or that there’s a million bucks at stake, it’s game over. They agree. Suckers!

Time to make it official. Steve gets down on one knee, coughs up a little phlegm and pops the question. “Yes,” she says, mentally replacing Steve’s face with a bathtub full of gold coins.

But wait! Steve’s putting the ring on her right hand! That goofball! He can’t get anything right, can he?

Per Claudia, the con starts…now!

The couple takes a house tour with Claudia. Unbeknownst to Randi, Steve has been in the house for three days practicing his wacky brand of physical comedy. Randi’s admiration of the house is cut short by Steve, as he opens the fridge looking for beer, but ends up slamming a can of Cool-Whip.

In Randi’s room, Steve violently flings himself onto her bed. Randi calls him a dopey cartoon character (Editor’s Note: with a heart of gold!). Steve says that this bed is where “Randi gets randy.” Woah, woah. This is a family show.

Steve tells us that he feels a little dirty doing this to her. To be honest, I feel a little dirty watching. Nothing a few brews can’t wash away, though. Am I right, buddy?

In an effort to be neighborly, Steve yells out “your house sucks!” and “our house kicks your house’s ass!” in the general direction of the property across the street. How much more can Randi take?!?

We move to Steve’s bedroom. There’s a bidet in it, so based on the rules of comedy you know he’s either gonna a) “do his business” in it or b) accidentally spray himself in the face. We’re treated to the latter.

When Claudia takes Randi to see the house’s lovely balcony, Steve cackles to the camera and intentionally smashes a vase. “Nothing goes right for the kid,” she says. Little does she know!!!

After telling us that she’s starting to think Steve’s “not the total package,” it’s time to say goodnight. Steve wants a goodnight kiss. She wants someone to take him down with a tranquilizer dart.

Rise and shine, kids! After realizing that Steve wasn’t just a demon haunting her dreams, Randi is determined to treat Steve like one of her students (oh yeah, she’s a teacher…FYI). A fat student. She’s gonna let him know what needs to be done to “pass the test” that is...MY BIG FAT OBNOXIOUS FIANCÉ!

In the other room, someone from the show’s production team is helping Steve shove Kleenex in his nose to further enhance his “gross factor.” Steve and his bloody Kleenex piece wish Randi a good morning, then proceed to load up a plate full of meat. Steve asks her if she’d like a Mimosa. Randi doesn’t drink. Steve’s having one anyway (so there)! And you know what else? He’s gonna eat a steak with it!

Randi’s had enough. Stopping Steve in mid-bite, she tells him that he simply can’t act like this in front of her family. He’s gonna blow the whole thing!

He promises that he’ll be on his best behavior, and she says that he should try to ingratiate himself with her sister. Steve warns her to stay away from his sister, as she once chased him down the street with a butcher knife. Wait a minute! This family sounds just dysfunctional enough to warrant a sitcom. Get FOX on the horn!

Randi wonders what his parents will think of her. They’ll probably be like “what’s with the hot chick,” says Steve, as all of his previous chicks have been “a little run down.” Randi is shocked that Steve still parties hard at age 29. Steve says that he doesn’t drink a lot, but he begrudgingly admits that there are occasions when he wakes up and “it takes me a long time to figure out where the hell I am.” He’s like Mick Jagger!

Claudia breaks up the get-together by bringing in the couple’s wedding invitations. Randi nearly loses consciousness when Claudia informs her that the invitations will be mailed tomorrow, and that all of her friends and family will be under the impression that the wedding is 100% real. “Sure you don’t want a Mimosa now?” asks Steve. Lord knows I do.

We’re at a spa, and Randi and Steve are on their first date! After all, they’ve gotta walk the walk if they’re gonna talk the talk, or something to that effect. Steve’s nearly naked on the massage table and Randi’s having a hard time relaxing, largely since he’s dropping verbal chestnuts like “now she’s playing with my backfat” and “think about baseball…think about baseball.”

Randi’s concerned that Steve’s getting a little too into his role of fake fiancé. Her suspicion is confirmed when he knocks on her door and declares that seeing him naked would greatly enhance the authenticity of the con. Randi disagrees. Violently. Nevertheless, Steve strips to his underwear and dazzles the American public with a rump-shaking, gut-rippling series of interpretive dance moves.

Randi isn’t coming out of her room. Maybe ever. She’s freaking out. Steve’s loving it. The con is on!

Back at the house, Steve wants to share a bottle of wine before bed. Randi doesn’t. She doesn’t understand him. She feels like he’s a child with ADD. “Tone it down,” she tells him. She means business!

While Randi tells us that she wants to go home, Steve (clad only in Hawaiian shorts with a towel over his shoulders) is stumbling down the staircase with a bottle of wine. It’s hot tub time here on MBFOF! He’s shouting “Randi! Randi! Randi!” like Stanley’s plea to Stella in Streetcar (if Streetcar was on after the premiere of American Idol).

Randi is in tears. “Put on your bikini, baby!” screams Steve. She’s losing it. Her face is in her hands. Steve, now in the hot tub after a dramatic “fat guy going in the water!” splash, grins devilishly while sipping his…wait for it…wait for it…bathtub gin! That’s it for tonight ladies and gentlemen!

Next week:

-Steve wants to call Randi by a pet name. Randi wants Steve to not be fat and obnoxious.

-Steve isn’t trying to sleep with Randi for real, but admits that he would if he had to.

-Steve steals a first kiss in front of the wedding planner. Randi can’t do anything about it, and must resign herself to a ride on the Steve-a-tron.

-Randi must present Steve to her best friend. Five bucks says she’s shocked. You heard it here first.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 02:41:58 PM by ~puddin~ »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2004, 11:21:23 AM »
Thanks.  I saw a little more last night, but still missed the beginning.  isn't thsi the Joe Schmoe house?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 12:43:53 PM »
That's what I said to myself..it looks exactly like Shmos house..GMTA

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2004, 04:14:04 PM »
I saw the show and it was hilarious.  I am sure this guy will get more acting gigs.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2004, 11:05:07 AM »
He is suppose to act like a slob.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2004, 01:18:57 AM »
lol Texan ;D... So on tonight's show Randi said "I'm a Catholic school teacher"  ::) Now we know why she was fired!!..I'll do a recap when it's up.. ;)

CindiLou

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2004, 09:14:17 AM »
At first, I wasn't going to watch this one. It just didn't sound that good but everyone in my Survivor group was raving about how funny it was so I gave in last night and watched it. Now I wish I had not.

What is so funny about practical jokes? I never get them. This woman is going through hell trying to win a half a million dollars with this idiot who is constantly causing her emotional havoc. The joke, of course, is on her. Will she "get" the joke when this is over? NO!

I always did think practical jokes was a very sly way of allowing oneself to be mean and cruel. JMHO

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2004, 10:31:05 AM »
lol Cindylou..Raymond was a repeat so I thought I'd give it another try last night.... :P Maybe, just maybe I'll watch it again.. ::) if nothing else is on...

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2004, 10:35:48 AM »
You would think she would catch on.  I mean come on he is going so over board.  She is going to be pissed at the end.  She keeps saying how her family is and how bad she feels about lying to people...but she does not stop.

The bad thing is now she will get guys calling and emailing saying hey I got money will you marry me.  She has shown she is only about money.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 10:38:22 PM »
Did anyone catch it tonite! Oh, it was so funny, I thougt I was going to bust a gut. He had like a stink bomb in is pocket, made it smell, preteneded he farted, then just ran off pretending to have had an "accident." It was too much, I was ROTFLMAO. I hope no one missed that little moment in reality tv history! LOL

Rob

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2004, 01:52:01 PM »
I only caught the last 20 minutes.  She is freaking out.  Why do people put them selves through this?

And I do not care what she said in her interview with her snooty opinions ~ she was laughing and having fun when they made her burp.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2004, 11:04:44 AM »
looks like this show did not end the way Randi wanted it too.  Fromt eh sounds of the article she may be on the outs with her family.

http://www.infobeat.com/index.cfm?action=article&id=171335