Author Topic: Favorite Season Post UB  (Read 23842 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Favorite Season Post UB
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2013, 02:07:06 AM »
TAR 22 is the best in terms of route and kinda the teams were really great and memorable too. TAR 20 is flat out the worst for me, hated the teams and hated the random FFs placement and hated the linear legs. One of the worst season since TAR 13 or what.

Offline gamerfan09

• HOST: Design Challenge 8
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2013, 03:46:53 AM »
TAR 22 is the best in terms of route and kinda the teams were really great and memorable too. TAR 20 is flat out the worst for me, hated the teams and hated the random FFs placement and hated the linear legs. One of the worst season since TAR 13 or what.

TAR 20's possible good teams were out first. :(

But seriously, TAR 20 the worst? I think that deserves to be TAR 16 instead. Just my opinion. :)

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2013, 03:53:14 PM »
TAR 20 had the worst final 3. I hated all those teams.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2013, 06:19:31 PM »
TAR 20 had the worst final 3. I hated all those teams.

What about BRENCHEL? :(

I agree about the worst F3, but Brenchel was fine. :P

Offline Bwils927

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Boston Strong
« Reply #54 on: May 09, 2013, 06:43:52 PM »
She was so damn annoying. Constant crying and whining. Brendon did all the work for that team, and deserves a better girl.
"Perception is not reality. Reality is reality!" - Erik Cardona

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »
TAR 20 has the worst boot order for me
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #56 on: May 09, 2013, 08:35:33 PM »
TAR22> TAR21 or 19 >>>> TAR20

Although Pre-allstars-TAR > Post-UB-TAR >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Between-allstars&UB-TAR, so the whole ranking is in the "meh" territory.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #57 on: May 09, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »

But seriously, TAR 20 the worst? I think that deserves to be TAR 16 instead. Just my opinion. :)

TAR 20 just sort of didn't come together. The route was boring, tasks seemed lack of proper planning and the worst of all, every single team suck except for Mark and Bopper and Nary and Jaime. Towards  the end it was so hard to watch all the negativity from all 4 remaining teams I just felt like I was watch one hell of a depressing soap opera. :lol3:

Offline Theo

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • 2020 mood
« Reply #58 on: May 09, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »

TAR 20 just sort of didn't come together. The route was boring, tasks seemed lack of proper planning and the worst of all, every single team suck except for Mark and Bopper and Nary and Jaime. Towards  the end it was so hard to watch all the negativity from all 4 remaining teams I just felt like I was watch one hell of a depressing soap opera. :lol3:
:jam: :jam: :jam:
TAR Jeopardy Revival: here

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: May 09, 2013, 10:08:27 PM »
Am I the only person who liked the season 20 route and liked all the teams besides Brenchel?

Offline gamerfan09

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2013, 10:23:23 PM »
Am I the only person who liked the season 20 route and liked all the teams besides Brenchel?
I liked all the teams except Art and JJ and Rachel Brown and Rachel Brown. (Dave was annoying)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2013, 10:47:58 PM »
1) TAR 22
2) TAR 21
3) TAR 20
4) TAR 19

Lol, it's in descending order. :)

Offline cosmophobia

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2013, 11:10:13 PM »

You could say the exact same thing about TAR16 (replacing the teams), although the key difference is that TAR20 was excellent until they hit africa.

Offline Jimmer

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: May 10, 2013, 07:52:17 AM »
I wouldn't call the first 6 legs "excellent" in TAR 20. The only great legs there IMO was Paraguay and Germany. Argentina was bleh, Italy was unmemorable and Azerbaijan was meh.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2013, 08:48:11 AM »
I liked TAR 16's route, although the teams suck as well. But aren't we talking about TAR 19 - 22? So TAR 20 was the worst for me. TAR 16 is one of those at the bottom as well.. but TAR 20 is worst. At least there were rootable teams in the finale of TAR 16, I just wanted to strangle myself when I watched the F3 teams racing to the finishing line of TAR 20.

Offline Kamineko

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Pika Pika
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2013, 08:52:36 AM »
I liked TAR 16's route, although the teams suck as well. But aren't we talking about TAR 19 - 22? So TAR 20 was the worst for me. TAR 16 is one of those at the bottom as well.. but TAR 20 is worst. At least there were rootable teams in the finale of TAR 16, I just wanted to strangle myself when I watched the F3 teams racing to the finishing line of TAR 20.
I love the tasks on TAR 16! Especially the war Detour in France (WRP should make this as a Switchback! :knuckles:)

About TAR 20, I regretted that I downloaded the whole on HD. If you JUST see the countries they visited, it's a nice route. However, when you see the cities and the tasks, it's just blegh!
The Amazing Race: Design Challenge VIII - Game starts here!

The Amazing Race Japan - Sign up here!
*Postponed until after TAR:DC 8 finished*

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2013, 10:43:23 AM »
I liked the tasks in TAR 16 too. The stacking glass Detour that sent Brent and Caite into pieces. :lol3:

Offline thorshammer

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2013, 09:05:24 AM »
I don't understand the love for season 22. Most of the teams were likeable enough, but it was pretty lacking in drama after the 4th or 5th leg. From then on the hockey players basically took over, except for a couple of legs won by Max and Katie, and no one really seemed set on stopping them. Also, the legs were way too easy, and very few lead changes took place. It was all rather predictable with very few surprises.

21 on the other hand started off slowly, but had a lot of drama by the end. Teams were all over the place, switching alliances, sabotaging each other, and a lot of chance events helped to create real tension through the middle of the race. The challenges were actually challenges, and they highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of the teams. And of course who could have predicted the end?

Overall neither was great, but 21 had more elements of what makes a truly amazing race than 22. In my opinion anyway. From what I can tell people basically liked the personalities in 22, and the route... but to me those are a bit hollow without some real drama added in.

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2013, 09:25:17 AM »
 :hiya thorshammer!  And  :wel2 to the RFF!
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2013, 01:44:39 PM »
:welcome: to RFF, thorshammer! Glad you found us!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline thorshammer

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2013, 02:16:54 PM »
Thanks for the friendly welcome :)