Author Topic: Ratings !!  (Read 32811 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Ratings !!
« on: September 18, 2006, 12:17:50 PM »
from CBS Press:

September 18, 2006

THE RACE IS ON!

The 10th Season Premiere of "The Amazing Race" Delivers The Four-Time
Emmy Winning Series' Largest Audience Since the Premiere of "The Amazing Race 9" Last February

"The Amazing Race" Grows In Key Demographics During Each Half Hour of
Its 90-Minute Premiere, Finishing With Its Best Demos For an Episode
Since Last March

The 10th season premiere of THE AMAZING RACE delivered the four-time Emmy Award-winning reality series' largest audience since the premiere of "The Amazing Race 9" last February and grew during each half hour of its 90-minute debut in key demographics, according to live plus same day preliminary Nielsen ratings for Sunday, Sept. 17.

Against football competition, THE AMAZING RACE 10 SPECIAL (S) posted a 6.3/09 with 10.11m viewers, 3.0/08 in adults 18-34, 3.9/09 in adults 18-49 and 4.6/10 in adults 25-54 from 8:30-10:00PM.

This is the best delivery for an AMAZING RACE episode since 2/28/06 ("The Amazing Race 9" premiere), in both households and viewers, 3/21/06 in both adults 18-34 and adults 25-54 and 3/28/06 in adults 18-49. 

THE AMAZING RACE grew in every half-hour in key demos:

A18-34            A18-49            A25-54
8:30PM            2.8                   3.6                   4.3
9:00PM            3.0                   3.9                   4.6
9:30PM            3.2                   4.1                   4.8

Growth             +14%               +14%               +12%
(8:30 to
9:30PM)

Final ratings will be available on Tuesday.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Ratings !!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 11:02:59 AM »
'Amazing Race' lags in ratings contest
The reality show's fall premiere places third in its new Sunday-night slot, after football and 'Extreme Makeover.'

By Scott Collins, Times Staff Writer

CBS' reality show "The Amazing Race" is still on the hunt for stable ratings.

You may recall that the network shifted the globetrotting scavenger hunt from Wednesdays to 8 p.m. Sundays this fall, where executives hoped it could kick off a reconstituted night of entertainment programming. For the first time in years, CBS won't have a Sunday made-for-TV movie; instead "Race" will lead into two cop dramas, "Cold Case" and "Without a Trace," the latter a hit show imported from Thursdays.

ADVERTISEMENT

" 'Race' is a self-starter," CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler told reporters in July.

But this time around the start wasn't so impressive. The 10th edition of "Race" had to settle for third place in its 90-minute Sunday debut, with an average of 10.1 million viewers, according to early data from Nielsen Media Research.

Worse, the debut slipped 11% compared with last fall's premiere among the core audience of adults ages 18 to 49.

The CBS premiere was edged out by a two-hour special version of ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition," which scored 11.5 million viewers during its head-to-head competition with "Race." But the bigger problem was NBC's "Sunday Night Football," which through two airings is already making life difficult for rivals. Sunday's Washington Redskins-Dallas Cowboys game averaged 18.4 million viewers, tossing NBC an easy victory for the night.

CBS is entering the new season — which officially started Monday night — with two of its top reality franchises showing signs of advanced age.

In addition to "Race," which has changed time slots three times since January, last week's debut of "Survivor: Cook Islands," featuring teams divided along ethnic lines, delivered 18 million viewers, the lowest premiere for the franchise since its 2000 debut.

http://www.calendarlive.com/tv/cl-et-channel19sep19,0,5609335.story?coll=cl-tv-features

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2006, 09:34:58 PM »
 :(

Posted: Mon., Sep. 18, 2006, 10:00pm PT

'Race' can't outrun football

Cowboys vs. Redskins help Peacock beat rivals

By RICK KISSELL

CBS' "Amazing Race" kicked off its latest edition with solid numbers on its new night Sunday, but NBC dominated once again with football.
Nielsens for the NFL game between the Dallas Cowboys and Washington Redskins are subject to revision due to the live nature of sports, but it should come in at around a 7.3 rating in adults 18-49 and more than 18 million viewers overall. That's enough to help the Peacock easily beat rival nets, which aired a mix of firstrun and repeat programming.

The National Football League gave new carrier NBC a pair of huge games to open the season, and they have delivered impressive ratings. It's unlikely the net will be able to consistently match these numbers in coming weeks, though, as competish increases.

At CBS, the 10th season of "Amazing Race" averaged a preliminary 3.9 rating/9 share in adults 18-49 and 10.1 million viewers overall from 8:30 to 10 -- down slightly from the last two editions, which topped a 4 demo rating.

"Race" will regularly air from 8 to 9 this fall.

Fox was paced by "Family Guy" (prelim 4.5/11 in 18-49, 9.3 million viewers overall) and "The Simpsons" (prelim 4.2/11, 8.9 million).

ABC aired a firstrun two-hour special "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" from 8 to 10, averaging a 3.9/10 in 18-49 and 10.9 million viewers overall in the Nielsen prelims. Its season preem, along with the return of "Desperate Housewives," airs Sunday.

Read the full article at:
http://www.variety.com/story.asp?l=story&a=VR1117950286&c=14

Offline x_kicks

• RFF Jr. Member
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 12:04:30 AM »
The Amazing Race did not beat Extreme Makeover?!! Does that spell trouble?

Offline TwoThumbsDawn

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 08:05:30 AM »
The fact that The Amazing Race would not score more viewers than Extreme Makeover is sad to me...I love the show and want to see it do well.   

How do I move one of these adorable icons to my post? 

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 08:11:55 AM »
Welcome TwoThumbsDawn, just click on the icons, and it will appear in the message.

I agree, the Race is soo much better than Extreme Makeover. But Sunday nights is just NOT the place for the Race to be. It needs to be Wednesday or Tuesday!

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 04:52:45 AM »
I agree,I don't care for the new day either.As for ratings,anything going up against football is bound to struggle,CBS has to know that.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2006, 11:44:54 AM »
we all knew that Extreme Makeover would win against TAR  :'(
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 02:44:13 PM »
Amazing Race is like CBS's redheaded step child  (:;) ! Just put it back where it belongs Tuesdays at 9:00 :hand:
You know they don't even update the previews on CBS you have to go to AOL ! Also if you look at CBS.Com webpage Amazing Race is not even on the top  :knuckles: As a matter of fact its not even on the webpage ! You have to drop down and choose a CBS show  :meow:
http://www.cbs.com/

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 03:43:50 PM »
Amazing Race is like CBS's redheaded step child  (:;) ! Just put it back where it belongs Tuesdays at 9:00 :hand:
You know they don't even update the previews on CBS you have to go to AOL ! Also if you look at CBS.Com webpage Amazing Race is not even on the top  :knuckles: As a matter of fact its not even on the webpage ! You have to drop down and choose a CBS show  :meow:
http://www.cbs.com/

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT INSULT REDHEADS!!!

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 04:02:10 PM »
Lucy has some splain' to do  :lol3:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 04:33:21 PM »
<--------------- is a redhead (really strawberry red but right now its red,brown,blone, and strawberry blonde)  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 08:34:55 PM »
I have 2 sisters with redhair so neener neener I can pick on redheads if I want .. my mom told me so  :neener:

Offline Koror!!

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2006, 08:45:36 PM »
I remember last season, Wed. at 8. That was so convient. It was only agaisnt American Idol. But it still did better than this season, and this cast is so much better than last years.

Offline ckplaya142

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • tex's two cents
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 06:27:59 PM »
bytime episode 7 airs, they will be back on wednesdays.
mr. bob. dobalina says snapple apple is apple snapple.
check my two cents at http://Http://blog.myspace.com/ckplaya
where every subscriber gets free pie.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »
CBS PICKS UP "THE AMAZING RACE" FOR ITS 11TH SPRINT AROUND THE WORLD
Released by CBS

CBS PICKS UP "THE AMAZING RACE" FOR ITS 11TH SPRINT AROUND THE WORLD

The Current 10th Edition of The Four-Time Emmy-Winning Reality Show Averaging More Than 10 Million Viewers in Its New Sunday Time Period

CBS has picked up the four-time Emmy-winning reality series THE AMAZING RACE for its 11th edition to be broadcast this spring.

THE AMAZING RACE 10, hosted by Phil Keoghan, premiered on Sunday, Sept. 17 delivering 10.13 million viewers, 4.6/10 in adults 25-54, 3.9/09 in adults 18-49 and 3.1/09 in adults 18-34. This was the best delivery for any AMAZING RACE broadcast in viewers since Feb. 28, 2006, in adults 25-54 since March 21, 2006, in adults 18-49 since March 28, 2006 and in adults 18-34 since March 14, 2006.

THE AMAZING RACE 10, part of CBS's new Sunday lineup which includes COLD CASE and WITHOUT A TRACE, has helped boost the night in viewers and key demographics.

THE AMAZING RACE 10 features 12 Teams of two on a trek around the world for approximately 30 days. At every destination, each Team competes in a series of challenges -- some mental and some physical -- and only when the tasks have been completed will they learn their next destination. Teams who are farthest behind will gradually be eliminated as the contest progresses, with the first Team to arrive at the final destination winning $1 million.

Jerry Bruckheimer, Bertram van Munster, Jonathan Littman and Hayma Screech Washington are the executive producers for Bruckheimer Television and Earthview Inc., in association with Touchstone Television and Amazing Race Productions. THE AMAZING RACE was created by Bertram van Munster and Elise Doganieri.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/pr.aspx?id=20060929cbs01

Now I had thought they already picked up season 11, but this might just be confirmation of it.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 05:19:19 PM »
Well According to TV guide's web site since Futon Critic is reorganizing its web site and Marc Berman is taking hte day off gives the Amazing Race 13.3 million viewers.

But the good news this week is that according to these numbers it had more viewers then Cold Case.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 01:51:22 PM »
Heres what CBS has to say :  :js:

"The Amazing Race 10" Posts Week-to-Week Growth, Notching Its Best Delivery in Viewers Since May 2005
 THE AMAZING RACE 10 posted a 7.3/11 with 11.75m viewers, 4.9/11 in adults 25-54 and 4.0/09 in adults 18-49.
This is the best performance for THE AMAZING RACE in households and viewers since 5/10/05 (the finale of THE AMAZING RACE 7), in adults 25-54 since 2/28/06 (the premiere of THE AMAZING RACE 9) and in adults 18-49 since 3/14/06 (THE AMAZING RACE 9).  Compared to last week's episode, THE AMAZING RACE 10 was up +14% in both households (from 6.4/10) and adults 18-49 (from 3.5/09), +11% in adults 25-54 (from 4.4/10) and added +1.18m viewers (from 10.57m, +11%),

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 04:40:07 PM »
With final number out (which Puddin beat me to, does she sleep?)

The show did drop from teh fast Nationals, and cold case actually improved.  But the data was probably screwed up due to the delay.

But still for AR some really good results.  Especially considering tis harder for fans to catch teh show now thanks to the East Coast being delayed.

So keep watching.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 06:59:07 PM »

So keep watching.
:yess: IMO The Amazing Race is the BEST show your not watching !! If your not watching please check it out  :tup: ! One of the most memorable casting ever  :hearts: .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 01:48:28 PM »
Drop them like flies CBS  :yess: , make room for Amazing Race PLEASE !!

CBS PROGRAMMING ADVISORY

The following replaces previously announced programming for Tuesdays at 10:00 PM until further notice on the CBS Television Network.  Editors note:  SMITH has been pulled from the schedule.  

Tuesday, October 10
10:00-11:00 PM   CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (R)

Tuesday, Oct. 17   
10:00-11:00 PM   CRIMINAL MINDS (R)

Tuesday, Oct. 24

Tuesday, Oct. 31
10:00-11:00 PM   TBA

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 01:53:30 PM »
Drop them like flies CBS  :yess: , make room for Amazing Race PLEASE !!

CBS PROGRAMMING ADVISORY

The following replaces previously announced programming for Tuesdays at 10:00 PM until further notice on the CBS Television Network.  Editors note:  SMITH has been pulled from the schedule.  

Tuesday, October 10
10:00-11:00 PM   CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION (R)

Tuesday, Oct. 17   

Tuesday, Oct. 24

Tuesday, Oct. 31
10:00-11:00 PM   TBA

im kinda torn if they do move it. its like what would that do to the younger audience, and 2 would it hurt now to move it back to tuesdays?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 01:57:02 PM »
Move the Unit to 10 ? that show blows anyway  :meow:

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 01:58:52 PM »
Move the Unit to 10 ? that show blows anyway  :meow:

lets see what they come up with. new episode tuesday with rerun sundays perhaps??????

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 03:04:43 PM »
The THing is as annoying as hell it is to watch with dealys for the east coast due to football, the ratings have been good, better then in the last two seasons.  So I hate to push for a change.

What I would need to see is if the East Coast is averaging less or more viewers percentage wise then the West Coast.

If so, the delays in Football on the schedule might actually keep people from changing to the other networks since they will have missed parts.

In fact last week was the biggest delay yet, and 60 minutes had the best ratings its had in years, and so did AR.

That suggest the possability that delay is keeping Football fans (who usually wont switch over to another program if the game isn't over keep watching CBS shows.

If so, it might be worth the annoyance to keep AR right where it is.