Archive > The Amazing Race

EP2 : "Can Horses Smell Fear?"

<< < (3/25) > >>

puddin:
The instructions continued, saying that they should park their jeep in the village of Terelj, where they would meet some horses and a nomad who would help them with the horses. <<Charlies blog
A herding task and the flaming arrows are ? I guess we wait for Sunday for the previews ,

woden:
Shoot. I had my heart set on horse-milking.

Flaming arrow possibilities...

From Korean blog:
"On our final night in Baiangol, we had a campfire. What began with a brilliant display of fireworks, eventually grew into a large fire as the Mongolian members lit the firewood with flaming arrows."

Another:
"we see the Mongol use of flaming arrows by night and whistling arrows by day to signal commands."

Genghis Khan bio:
"at the conquest of Samarkand in Uzbekistan, for example, (there were) somewhere around 80,000 heavy cavalry, Genghis' dark horde, with hundreds of thousands of light cavalry archers shooting flaming arrows."

puddin:
tv guide

[attachment deleted by admin]

gingerman28:
I just noticed but there is a fire extinguisher at each archer's spot. Could this thing be that dangerous?

Boingo:
 :lol3:  Gingerman...they are giving "flaming arrows" to "mactors" and "beauty pageant contestants".  I'd say that's a recipe for disaster.    :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version