Author Topic: Should BB overhaul their rules?  (Read 12246 times)

Offline WillRules

• RFF Full Member
Should BB overhaul their rules?
« on: September 07, 2006, 07:59:02 PM »
To be honest, the best players never really make it as the winner. If the best players had made it this year it would have been Will and Janelle.

Generally, the weaker players will band together to get rid of the strongest ones.

So should BB consider changing the rules and find a way so the best ones make and the weak ones don't?

Offline Krissi [I love Shia]

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Pete from FOB is SEXY!
    • Holly Kings Awsome website
Re: Should BB overhaul their rules?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:01:20 PM »
no because then people will think it is like fixed!!! I like it just the way it is!!! lol .. but good idea!

Offline WillRules

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 08:02:40 PM »
I know. There's probably no way to do it. Unless they have the competitions and the one is worst for each week is the one who gets the boot.

Offline Krissi [I love Shia]

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Pete from FOB is SEXY!
    • Holly Kings Awsome website
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 08:05:56 PM »
ya .. lol .. that is kinda a good idea!! Cuz i hated seeing Will leave!!!! I love janelle and will together!!!

Casey

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 08:12:45 PM »
I think the show is already fixed. Both competitions Janelle was in WERE very physical.

Offline hotpepper

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 08:41:45 PM »
I think it was rigged for boogie. he made a comment about a friend that works there and erica is said to be a employee of cbs

ChadsBaby

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 11:02:09 PM »
So what was Janelles excuse last year? And also in that one veto (the one that sent Will out basically) wasn't it said that some of Erikas hooks were missing. Things that make you go hmmmmm.

And honestly I don't think you can send the worst player out each week, because depending on the comp Janelle could've left. She isn't good at endurance and is the first to admit that.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 11:04:45 PM »
Hmmm, and just two weeks ago people were saying the game was fixed in favor of Janelle, now CBS has the game rigged so she doesn't win? Make up your minds people.  :meow:
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
  • "You say that to all the girls..."
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 03:09:06 AM »
Like it or not, the two that get to the final 2, have to be good. Comps aren't the only thing that wins this game. You have to have brains (and yes, Boogie is very smart, he's a whiz at math). It may not be the two that you wanted, but you have to give the final  2 props for being good enough to outsmart others to get there.
AT THE END OF THE DAY, IT'S STILL JUST THE END OF THE DAY!

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 03:18:30 AM »
Yeah, they should overhaul the rules.  They should go back to BB1 and let AMERICA vote for who should be evicted. 

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 01:45:26 PM »
ya .. lol .. that is kinda a good idea!! Cuz i hated seeing Will leave!!!! I love janelle and will together!!!

Kri$$i, just had to say I LOVE the signatures you have.  ESPECIALLY Will & Boogies phone calls. :lol:   It was sad last night when Boogie did it alone and how the other didn't answer :'(

Okay, I'm hoping someone will answer this question:  This was my first season ever watching BB.  I gather it was season 2 that Will and Boogie met, right?  How did they come up with the name ChillTown for the two of them? ???

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 01:55:02 PM »
I know that Chilltown is the nickname for Jersey City. Not sure if either of them are affiliated with Jersey. I also think it's a Rap thing. I always figured it was because they were 'chillin' and then they came up with chilltown.

Offline Reality Junkee

• 'RFF's Resident Chocoholic'
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 03:06:41 PM »
I know that Chilltown is the nickname for Jersey City. Not sure if either of them are affiliated with Jersey. I also think it's a Rap thing. I always figured it was because they were 'chillin' and then they came up with chilltown.

Thanks Texas_kimmie for letting me know :luvu: :hugs:

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 04:19:52 PM »
as much as i dislike the final two that have been winning every time i seem to watch something.  i dont think that it makes them bad players.  the "best" player is subjective.  you can be good at comps but a total idiot.  I think janie made a lot of mistakes in allowing herself to be used by chilltown so who is the better player? janie for winning all the comps or chilltown for letting her win and having her bring them along while doing their dirty work?

I dont think it should go totally back to the way it was in season 1 (cuase that got boring and we all knew the day the show started who was goingto win)  I think they should have it so that america gets a vote (not the tie breaker vote but an actual vote)  everything could play out like it does right through the veto cermony then after the veto cermony the phone lines could open until sometime during the day of the eviction show.  that way the houseguest would have 1 vote they could not control.  If it was a week where there could potentinally be a tie then it could be handled like a normal tie now the hoh would have to make that decision.  I wold also love to have one week be americas choice HOH

That might make us feel more involved cause this year they didnt give us any americas choice either and if it keeps going like it has america will choose not to watch it period

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 08:46:03 AM »
I don't think America will choose not to watch. I think going back to "real everyday people" next year will be harder than watching people we already "know." It will for me anyway. I thought it was may more fun this year. Anyway, I do think there should be an "america vote" somehow incorporated into the show. I mean, look at the success of American Idol, So you think you can dance, etc. America loves to spend that money voting. lol.  It gives you a stake in how things turn out, and if you don't like it you only have yourself to blame for not voting. Plus, it would change how people play the game because WE get to see everything, whereas now, the people voting only know what the other houseguests want them to know. Could be very interesting. We'll see if they take any of our suggestions.

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 09:52:14 AM »
thats what i was saying.  i dont want it to be only americas choice like in the first season.  I do like the figthing and plotting.  but it would be something they (hg) wouldnt have control over becuase they wouldnt know who america loved or what they were thinking.

And i still like my americas choice as hoh LOL

Offline WillRules

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 04:12:56 PM »
Not really for America voting, since America can't be trusted not to cheat and stuff the ballot box so their fave can win. I know people who spend all day voting again and again so their favorite will be number one.

I think it would be more fair if there were a series of comepetitions both mental and physically challenging and that the worst person cumulatively would be booted. It would also eliminate throwing contests, since if you did that, it would be a sure way to the shown to the door.

I really think the HOH's bedroom and all the other guests oohing and aahing has gotten way old.

Offline Enchanted

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • ~ ♥Kaysar Forever♥~
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 04:50:40 PM »
It all comes down to how good you are at manupulating people ... peroid.

Booger and Dr. Delicious prooved this.

You would win tons of comps but it only helps a little. Cause as soon as tyou loose one HOH and or Veto you will be gone, unless you can manipulate people.
K - WHAT? Kaysar!

Offline Will4Pres

• RFF Full Member
  • I Thought There Was No Chill Town
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 05:07:56 PM »

How did they come up with the name ChillTown for the two of them? ???

I'm pretty sure it was Kent who came up with the nick name Chill Town,  He called them that because of their attitude and refereed to the rest of the house as real people. Yes Kent was a weird dude.

I guess Mike Will and Shannon  liked the name and it stuck

FYI Janie and Erika could NEVER replace Shannon as the origanal CT princess
She was loyal to the boys and would have never schemed behind thier backs and been the one to Evict either one of them

If this was a true ALL STAR show it would have been the origanal Chill Town VS The Sov  Now that would have been a show

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2006, 06:17:14 PM »
I'd pick Janelle over Shannon any day.

Offline GnarlyMarly

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2006, 06:48:00 PM »
You guys got to remember that Big Brother isn't about who wins the most competitions, it's a friggin social game...you need to be smart and cunning, and know how to work with people, as much as I dislike Boogie he was very good at doing those things, and Janelle as awesome as she was at winning things she was easily manipulated and made quite a bit of mistakes not only this season but last year as well.

I think it should stay the same...it's unfair for the whole competition to be slanted towards the "good players" it should be an even playing field, thats the beauty of BB...the unpredictability and that even strong competitors can fall from one move.

Offline aprilsvagina

• RFF Sr. Member
  • if your not cheating,your not trying
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2006, 07:15:07 PM »
during season 2 there was one peticular bedroom that was colder than any room in the house.will,boogie,shannon,and krista all used to sleep in there.they were all allies therefore they decided to call themselves chilltown.i heard will explain that to someone this year on the live feeds.

"im gonna go poo,wanna eat breakfast"maggie the er nurse
"sex with some of these women today is like throwing a sausage down a hallway"howie the jedi

Offline WillRules

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2006, 08:04:53 PM »
It all comes down to how good you are at manupulating people ... peroid.

Booger and Dr. Delicious prooved this.

You would win tons of comps but it only helps a little. Cause as soon as tyou loose one HOH and or Veto you will be gone, unless you can manipulate people.

I think you make a good point. Being trapped in a house with 12 strangers and not being able to leave is very psychological and so is manipulation.

If you cut out all the comps, manipulating people would be the only way you could win.

I think if anyone comes in thinking they can play it clean that they're fooling themselves.

I've noticed several of the all-stars in the goodbye vids said what an ugly game BB is.

It is an ugly game and you have to get ugly if you want to win. In a way the HG are like rats in a maze and there's only one piece of cheese and you have to do whatever you have to do to get that piece of cheese.

I think when Danielle had to be in total isolation that was a more severe form of what the HG's go thorugh. For all intents and purposes they are all in isolation. Add to that they know they're being watched 24/7 and you're not going to act like yourself.

I remember a few years back to Erika's season, I think it was, one of the HG's had to be removed because he couldn't handle the pressure of that situation and they were afraid he was going to turn violent.

Offline Texas_kimmie

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2006, 12:16:34 AM »
Was that a guy named Justin or something that pulled a knife? He said it was a joke, but I guess they didn't want to take that chance. His name might not be justin but somehow that name rings a bell.

Offline WillRules

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2006, 12:50:54 AM »
Justin was Allison's ex boyfriend, I think. That was the big twist. That some had an ex-significant other in the house.

I keep thinking it might have been Erika's ex.

Boy, I want to blame that woman for everything, don't I?