Author Topic: SURVIVOR TRYOUTS!!!!!! FOR REAL!  (Read 19699 times)

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re:SURVIVOR TRYOUTS!!!!!! FOR REAL!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2004, 04:59:35 PM »
I would only be saying that to the people who didnt believe in me. I am so excited! I hope to hear from them. I want to be on so bad. I would come back and probably give you guys a few beans just for making me feel like family here. ::)
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2004, 12:33:35 AM »
I think you did a good job Wendy.  You were confident and you were yourself.  Would you be allowed to tell us that you got called for an interview?  I think it is fantastic that you were able to try out for a show that millions of us only seen on tv.  Who knows, maybe one of your tribe mates was standing in line near you.  I do have a couple of questions.  How many people were there to listen to you speak for 2 minutes?  Did you have to fill out a huge application form?  Did they take a polaroid of you?  And how many other hopefuls showed up?  Thanks.

Theresa

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2004, 12:42:55 AM »
good Job Wendy, don't worry about the odds, if people always worried about the odds no one would apply.  You have just a good a chance as anyone else does.  Good luck.

Theresa

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2004, 09:26:16 AM »
There were about 4 people, from CBS. They taped us for 2 min. They did not take a polaroid of us, and yesm we had to fill out a 10-12 page application including a bunch of discalimers and rules pages and stuff. They had us hold up the numbers we were when we spoke into the camera (I was #55)..... they taped us talking. They're supposedly sending it to the producers, and we are to hear back within 1-2 weeks. Then I would have to go to the interview. I am not sure whether I can tell or not whether I get called for an interview, so just to be safe, I would not. However, if you do not hear from me for a while, make your own assumptions. Besides, if you see a girl named Wendy who is a real B**ch on Survivor, then you'll know I got on.
I really do hope I get picked since this is my dream. My little girl watches the show with me faithfully, and loves it that I could get a chance. So does my fiance'. If I do get called, i will miss my wedding, so that should sum it up how much I want to be on. !
Wendy Jean

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2004, 12:39:19 PM »
How cool is this!! Thank you for posting the try-out details ;D
If I do get called, i will miss my wedding, so that should sum it up how much I want to be on. !
Yikes!! you really do want to be on Survivor :o lol...

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2004, 02:16:59 PM »
Yes, I would give anything to be on the show. :-\
Wendy Jean

Offline Kimba

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2004, 09:48:03 AM »
 :-* Congratulations!!!  At least you had the guts to try out.  I wish you the best of everything and I hope to see you on the show.  Then you can represent all of Washington County for us.  Good luck WENDY!!!!

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2004, 10:08:30 AM »
Most definitely! Thanks Kimba!
Wendy Jean

Offline BeyondRealLife

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Prepare to be exiled!
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2004, 06:08:30 PM »
Go shpw them what you got Wendy.

I would love to be on the show but do American laws Canadains can't play.  :(
BRL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2004, 06:47:32 PM »
   :-\ That doesn't seem fair BRL..I'll gladly switch places with you :-*???????

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2004, 10:10:07 AM »
HEy BRL maybe I can adopt you for a short period so you can get on the  show.  One of the questions to MB when they did the ghost tribe ws about canadians.  He said he would love to have them on the show but due to laws they can not. But he said he hoped in the future they would be allowed.  He did say a large amount of the crew is from Canada.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2004, 12:04:23 PM »
Isn't that so sad? I can't believe that! Well, If I get on, I will represent us both. They haven't called yet, so it looks as if the odds are not good. Oh well. I tried..... But hey, at least I got to make the tape, plus News Channel 7 in Wheeling interviewed me (I was on the news and taped it!) and someone from Mill Creek WV is doing a news article on me! Wow. Talk about slowly becoming a celebrity! Survivor 9 does not know what they're missing!
Wendy Jean

Offline BeyondRealLife

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Prepare to be exiled!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2004, 01:06:31 PM »
Hey Texan thats souunds like a great idea. ;D
I would try my hardest to get on the show. Maybe MB would think of doing a Canadian edition. I could stay alive the best in the cold hard conditions. I also heard that alot of the crew is Canadian as well. I will sit back and watch the show until MB and goverment laws change the rules. Well its a good thing that you tried Wendy and if you get on S9 I will root for you all the way to the end.
BRL

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2004, 02:05:31 PM »
One of the questions to MB when they did the ghost tribe ws about canadians.  He said he would love to have them on the show but due to laws they can not
Thanks Texan..I knew that I read that somewhere.. :-*
Wow. Talk about slowly becoming a celebrity! Survivor 9 does not know what they're missing!
It looks like Survivor 9 will be in FIJI Wendy..send me a post card  ;)...And..would you post a copy of the article that the news is doing on you? I'd love to read it..  8)cool..
I would try my hardest to get on the show. Maybe MB would think of doing a Canadian edition.
That would be super BRL ;D...I'm getting sick of the islands..

Here's what I found out about Survivor 9 in Fiji~~
http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm19.showMessage?topicID=2047.topic
 Survivor Maps report: S9 is in Fiji posted by 'WEZZIE"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, according to The Dallas Divas, Survivor's going to Fiji. Fijian representatives are in the USA right now making plans.
The Dallas Divas have helped us spoil Survivor locations in the past. We trust their 'intell'. Hugs to the Dallas Divas!  

Ni Sa Bula, Fiji!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2004, 02:09:15 PM »
Fiji looks beautiful..
http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm19.showMessageRange?topicID=2047.topic&start=81&stop=86

Thanks Sucks & Wezzie .. ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline BeyondRealLife

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Prepare to be exiled!
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2004, 03:09:48 PM »
Wow that looks real nice.

I hope this is true.
BRL

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2004, 03:37:53 PM »
Hey Puddin! Here is a little piece of what I sent the paper... I will send you the postcard when it is published.... (if it happens)
My name is Wendy . I am a 25 year old mom who works at an appraisal and title firm in Southpointe Canonsburg, PA. I heard on the radio that Survivor CBS would be at the Ohio Valley Mall in St. Clairsville, OH on Saturday, January 10, 2004. When I heard this, I almost lost it! I had been a fan of Survivor since it first started. My boyfriend said there was a new reality TV show that started that day and he wanted to watch it. At this point, I had never heard of reality TV. I was skeptical, but I watched it, and had never been so excitied about any TV program before. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time! After that day, I was addicted not just to Survivor, but to reality TV shows themselves.
 I have never missed an episode of Survivor since it started. I have seen all 7 Survivor seasons and never missed it no matter what I had to do to watch it. I would even go to the extreme of lighting candles to get in the "mood" before it would come on. If you called me after 8pm on a Thursday night, you would have to leave me a message. I accepted no interruptions when it came to Survivor. Now, you should know how excited I was when they came to do interviews for the show!

When I went to the mall that day, my stomach was in knots. I saw the camera crew and got nervous. I walked into the mall, and saw all of the people who were there to try out for Survivor! They had applications for us to fill out and numbers on the back of them indicating what number contestant we would be to have our 2 minutes for the interview. I sat there filling out my application wondering what I should say to get them to pick me! I figured I would answer them honestly, and try to explain myself in a subtle way. I have always been told less is more. My application had the number 55 on it. This meant I had to wait for 54 people to do 2 minute interviews. After I had finished with my application, I read the rules and it stated that we had to be readily available in April 2004 in case we were chosen to travel. I panicked because my wedding is scheduled for April 24, 2004. I immediately thought "I am going to have to delay my wedding!" I went over to sit in front of the tiki hut they had set up to watch the other people interview. As I watched, I noticed the people who were speaking during their 2 minutes were saying the same exact things I wanted and planned to say! I had no idea how I was going to top this. My mind was blank. On top of this, the man from Channel 7 News (WTRF) had asked me to do an interview for him. He asked me why I would want to be on the show, and I told him because I had been such a fan of reality TV and Survivor, it would just be fun for me, like a camping trip with a prize at the end!

My daughter was there with me, and so was my friend Bridget. My daughter had asked Bridget if she would be her mommy while I left for 29 days. She was so scared that I was going to go away but this showed me that she had confidence in me. As I sat there for the next 2 hours, I did not think about what I was going to say. Bridget said that I should just be myself because I have a personality that would stand out for sure. When they called number 55, I was already standing in the hut. I went in, and sat in the little bamboo chair and waited for what would happen next. They pinned a microphone on me and told me I had to state my name and why I wanted to be a Survivor. Once again, I drew a blank. I wanted to say so much, but all I got out was this: "My name is Wendy, and I want to let you know that no one would be able to beat me because I have the stamina, the energy, and I'm broke. I already have butterflies in my stomach so if you want to feed me bugs, that is fine. I have done worse things for drinks in a bar. If you pick me, I can guarantee your ratings will go up. NUMBER 55 I WILL SURVIVE!"

I did not even take the full 2 minutes, but once again, less is more. They told us that we would hear within 2 weeks. I have one more week to hope they call me. Nothing would come between me and the million dollars. I have spent so much time watching Survivor, I believe I know all of the tricks of the trade. I wanted to tell them that since I am so stressed out at my job, and I challenge my mind everyday, that it was time to put my body to the test. I wanted to tell them I had seen every single episode, and it is my dream to be on Survivor, but when you're on camera, sometimes you freeze up. Maybe that is what would draw them to me. I do believe my personality would stand out but the chances of them picking me would be slim :-\. All I can do is dream and wait and wonder  I do, however, know one thing..... I know I have what it takes to outwit, outlast and outplay anyone who plays the game with me.

Wendy Jean

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2004, 03:44:55 PM »
GOOD LUCK WENDY! I HOPE THEY PICK YOU! I WOULD LOVE TO SIGN UP BUT CANT! :'(

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2004, 03:47:14 PM »
WHERE I WENT? WHAT? I DIDN'T GO ANYWHERE! :)

Offline nelehrox

• RFF Sr. Member
  • -Neleh Rocks-
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2004, 03:50:11 PM »
oh, yeah, i changed my profile. had to put some neleh stuff on it! OH MY HECK! i have an oh my heck shirt. it is so cool!

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2004, 03:51:06 PM »
never an 'OH MY HECK " SHIRT!!! ;D
Wendy Jean

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2004, 04:27:29 PM »
Yes- wow- I'd like to see it....
Wendy Jean

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2004, 09:20:40 AM »
Puddin- did u see my article? It is not published or anything.... just wanted to give you a sneak peak....
Wendy Jean