Author Topic: Billy Virgilio " Voted Off "  (Read 4887 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Billy Virgilio " Voted Off "
« on: August 23, 2006, 09:37:19 AM »
Virgilio
New York, NY
Heavy Metal Guitarist
biography

Virgilio "Billy" Garcia was born in New York and moved to Miami when he was seven years old. He began studying karate, judo and wrestling at age 12. While lying sick in bed when he was 15, he heard the song "Juke Box Hero" on the radio and began to entertain the idea of becoming a rock and roll musician. He saved his lunch money and eventually bought his first electric guitar.

When he was 22 years old, Garcia sold most of his belongings and returned to New York to pursue a career in music. While playing in several local bands, Garcia was also pursuing a career in wrestling and, in 1997, won a silver medal at the Amateur Athletic Union Wrestling National Championships.

Garcia is currently a heavy metal guitarist and songwriter with the band Forsakken. He also continues to pursue professional wrestling under the name "Spanish Fly." He previously worked as a manager of a video store, a club bouncer and a music store sales representative. He attended the Borough of Manhattan Community College. He is a former U.S. Marine.

Garcia is trained in the martial arts. His hobbies include playing guitar, wrestling, karate, softball and judo. He is most proud of winning his AAU National Championship medal. His hero is Kurt Angle for winning an Olympic gold medal in wrestling with a broken neck.

Garcia currently resides in New York. His birth date is April 22, 1970.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 11:08:30 AM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Billy Virgilio
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 11:07:38 AM »
Sekou Bunch's Early Show Interview Transcript
(Transcript by James Barber for SurvivorFever.net - 9.22.06)

<secret scene; Billy is trying to hunt chickens with a spear>

BILLY: Aw, man! I got it again! (to Ozzy), Dude, I got one, but the thing didn't stick. The chicken was able to get off it, and fly away.

OZZY: Yeah, we actually need to get...a bunch more dry wood.

BILLY: Alright, I'll holler.

OZZY (solo): I thought Billy's spearing technique was honestly the most idiotic thing someone has tried to do on our tribe. I don't think he hit chickens and wounded them, I think he kind of injured the chicken's pride a little bit, but I think that's about it.

(Billy makes another attempt at the chicken)

BILLY: I wounded him again and he got away.

(Ozzy laughs)

<INTERVIEW>

HARRY: Thursday on Survivor: Cook Islands, the Latino Aitu tribe started to come apart and even went so far as to deliberately lose a challenge in order to get rid of Billy, the heavy metal guitarist.

(clips)

HARRY: ...and Billy Garcia is with us. Good morning.

BILLY: (shakes Harry's hand) Good morning.

HARRY: Did you know on the run-up to that challenge that you were gonna get chopped, that they were gonna throw the challenge to get rid of you?

BILLY: I had a suspicion, but in all truth, you never think anybody would ever stoop that low. I was just thinking that it was just my paranoia; Survivor's a very paranoid game. I just thought to myself, "Oh, it's me being paranoid." It wasn't until after it started happening that I started realizing wow, these guys are just totally selling us all out.

HARRY: Cause you were a big Survivor fan, this was a dream come true for you to be able to play. What was going on there, because their whole indictment of you was they didn't feel you were playing hard enough.

BILLY: Which is the opposite of truth; it wasn't that I wasn't playing hard enough, it was that not working was part of my play.

HARRY: You were trying to lay back, do the rope-a-dope or whatever...

BILLY: Exactly. They were spending so much energy unnecessarily I thought. They didn't have to work every second of every minute of every day of every hour.

HARRY: So here's the thing, you're a former Marine, you're a tough guy, and they played you out to be some kind of a lazy bum on the show.

BILLY: Exactly. Exactly. It was just a thing where I wanted to use my energy later, wait 'til they spent their energy then I go out and do something, show them they aren't as important or as smart as they thought they were.

HARRY: Here you are, living your lifelong dream to play Survivor, here you are sitting on the plaza on the set and everything else, wanting to get the million dollars. If you had to do it over again, what would you have done differently?

BILLY: The first thing I would have done is not taken the lead role. Usually the oldest person on the tribe speaks up and stars to make shelter. Since I was the oldest - by not much but since I was - I decided to do that, that gave Ozzy the opportunity to start hammering me, since he has unprecedented amount of skills out there, so it's easy for him to make a fool out of anybody.

HARRY: So there's a scene last night at the end when the challenge is over, and you guys then send a guy from tribe to Exile Island...

BILLY: Yul.

HARRY: ...there was a little kind of exchange of affection there. What was that about?

BILLY: When somebody is starving for food, you throw 'em a little bit of crumbs, they're like the best crumbs they've ever had. I was starving for affection, having everybody betray me, not being treated very well in my tribe. She threw me a little bit of affection, it was like the best affection I've ever had! (Harry laughs) It was just a moment of weakness. OK, it happens. If this had happened in everyday regular life, it would have been like, "OK, would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?" That would have been about it.

HARRY: How do you feel about the whole thing about being divided into ethnic groups?

BILLY: I thought it was great for "Survivor" but terrible for me as a player, in that since I'm not very much into traditional Latino culture I knew right away that was gonna really hurt me, and sure enough it did. That was a constant problem for me out there. I think they were really worried that since heavy metal is considered Caucasian, that I was gonna jump sides and join the Caucasian tribe.

HARRY: You still working on your music?

BILLY: Absolutely. Forsakken.com, spelled with 2 K's, we've something coming out very soon, hopefully.

HARRY: Billy, so great having you, man.

BILLY (shakes his hand): My pleasure. It's a privilege.

http://survivorfever.net/s13_es_billy.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Billy Virgilio " Voted Off "
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 11:08:58 AM »
“That Was a Stupid Strategy”: An Interview with Survivor: Cook Islands’ Billy
by David Bloomberg -- 09/22/2006

For being on the show only two episodes, Billy had a lot going on. In this RealityNewsOnline interview, we find out all about it. What did he think when he saw the Candice conversation on TV? When did he know the challenge was being thrown? What does he think about how he was portrayed? And what does Billy say was a stupid strategy – throwing a challenge or the way he himself played? Read on to find out!

http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?mode=4&article=article6475.art&page=1