Author Topic: S8 FOR ONLY S 1-4 CONTESTANTS?  (Read 3962 times)

Offline Brown Guy

• RFF Sr. Member
    • My Site!
S8 FOR ONLY S 1-4 CONTESTANTS?
« on: August 22, 2003, 08:08:31 PM »
I READ A FEW MINUTES AGO ON FREAKY GIRL'S SITE THAT ROB FROM "AMAZON" HAS REVEALED THAT ALL-STARS WILL BE ONLY FOR CONTESTANTS FROM SURVIVOR 1 TO 4.........CAN THIS BE TRUE? ONLY TIME WILL TELL
A rumor without a leg to stand on will get around!
~John Tudor

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re:S8 FOR ONLY S 1-4 CONTESTANTS?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 12:41:49 AM »
This is from TV Guide
Survivor vs. Survivor?
by Daniel R. Coleridge

Is CBS's Survivor cannibalizing itself? Tonight at 8, Survivor: Pearl Islands kicks off its scantily clad, pirate-themed Panama adventure in a 90-minute special. Viewers will meet Christa, Jon, Lillian and... Oh, who even cares? Ever since producer Mark Burnett revealed that the eighth Survivor will be an all-star edition, we just wanna know if original badasses like Rudy and Sue Hawk will be back!

Is all-star fever dwarfing viewer interest in Pearl Islands? "I think there's a fear that when we announce the all-star cast, it could overshadow the [current] season we're on a bit," host Jeff Probst admits. "I think that's a natural fear and probably valid. But we've got a pretty good season with Pearl Islands. You never know how good until the audience starts telling you.

"But the excitement for the all-star, we share it as well," he adds. "We're working on it now, so I think it makes sense, but I hope it doesn't overshadow [things] to the point where people forget about Pearl Islands, because that would say we're not doing a good job this season."

So which fan faves will return for the all-star edition? Rumors abound, but nothing's being confirmed yet. "We're not announcing that for awhile," Probst teases. "And we're actually kind of having some fun with it, because we know these guys now. We're all part of the same dysfunctional, but fun, family. There was a period of time when we announced we were doing an all-star version where the tail began to wag the dog. The former Survivors started making these demands like, 'I'll do it if the pot is rich enough,' or 'I might do it, if I get an appearance fee.'

"We quickly sent the message back: 'If there are any questions about who is running this show, stay the f--- home, because we don't need you.' We don't need Richard [Hatch]. We don't need Ethan [Zohn]. We don't need anybody with attitude. And that curbed it, I think.

"The people that we want want to do it," Probst explains. "And the fun part is nobody knows who's going. We've sent out sort of solicitations of interest and inquiries. That doesn't mean you're coming! It also doesn't mean that if we haven't contacted you, you might not be coming. Nobody really knows. So I think they're all having a good time trying to figure out where they fit in."

Who does Probst want to come back? We already know he's chummy with Outback hunk Colby. "I'm not the decider on this, obviously, " he says. "But I don't think we need past winners, necessarily. If you weren't a great character socially... that's what this game is. Not to take away anything from the people who won, but I don't think [many viewers] could name the winners from certain seasons!"

Ouch! Vecepia, we think this means you.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2003, 01:00:40 AM »
Thanks for the article puddinpie.  I am sure they will invite back who they think will make it interesting.  I am sure they would ask Rob back as he was so good at the game but didn't win.  I liked Jeff's strongly worded statement about the previous survivors only willing to do the all star show if certain demands are met.  He is right, S8 will do fine with anyone they put together, they don't need certain stars.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 10:32:44 AM »
NOT TRUE- BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I AM WONDERING??? WHAT HAPPENED TO GERVIS???? I THINK GERVIS WAS A KICK ASS SURVIVOR AND I AM UPSET HE WOULD NOT BE INCLUDED IN ALL STARS.
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!