Author Topic: EP1 ~ "Real Fast! Quack, Quack!"  (Read 72440 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: EP1 ~ "Real Fast! Quack, Quack!"
« Reply #225 on: September 17, 2006, 12:36:39 PM »
Jamie & Kellie were talking about balancing in the AOL clip when they were riding in the rickshaw .
Phil: Kellie & Jamie
* rickshaw *
Kellie: it's ok were going to balance were frigging cheerleaders were going to balance this thing 5 6 7 8 and balance .

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #226 on: September 17, 2006, 12:44:10 PM »
Maybe they have to find the dancer with the clue ?
It's a different view, and different season, but it sure looks similar to the building in Bei Hai Park, northwest of Forbidden City, Beijing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2006, 12:46:35 PM »
A few more clips of Sara:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2006, 01:02:29 PM »
Maybe they have to find the dancer with the clue ?
It's a different view, and different season, but it sure looks similar to the building in Bei Hai Park, northwest of Forbidden City, Beijing.

LOL...more likely it's a Tai Chi Chuan exercise session, but you may be right about finding the right person with the clue.

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2006, 01:07:27 PM »
Maybe the Detour has something to do with the Lion Dance.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2006, 01:13:48 PM »
I think I have a location for the Tai chi picture.

If it is right then the promo shot was taken between 9:18 and 10:12 am (assumes May 29th)

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2006, 01:39:09 PM »
Looks about right.  And come to think of it, this pix could be taken from the bridge looking west at the other building shown in your GE view..   :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »

LOL...more likely it's a Tai Chi Chuan exercise session, but you may be right about finding the right person with the clue.
:meow:  fine so they are exercising  :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2006, 01:51:11 PM »

:meow:  fine so they are exercising  :lol:

Hey, people with red hair scarves confuse me too.   :lol3:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2006, 02:22:39 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (Sorry if it has).  But according to aintitcool there is a big rig accident that makes the beginning leg a misery.  And it seems it is in seattle.

They also mention that Sarah and her robot leg (their word not mine) are feeatured promoniently in the  episodes (I see a Charla edit, for over coming her disability).

Which is cool I loved Charla (Mirna was the anti-christ, hopefully Peter will be cool).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #235 on: September 17, 2006, 02:27:06 PM »
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet (Sorry if it has).  But according to aintitcool there is a big rig accident that makes the beginning leg a misery.  And it seems it is in seattle.

They also mention that Sarah and her robot leg (their word not mine) are feeatured promoniently in the  episodes (I see a Charla edit, for over coming her disability).

Which is cool I loved Charla (Mirna was the anti-christ, hopefully Peter will be cool).
Link?

found it ! thanks  mswood !!
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/30091

Herc Quite Enjoys Sunday’s
90-Minute AMAZING RACE Premiere!!

I am – Hercules!!

Need a reason to check in on Sunday’s season premiere of “The Amazing Race”? One of the contestants has a robot leg (!), and a lot of interesting stuff happens to her and that leg within the first episode.

The typically compelling first episode starts everybody’s journey in rainy Seattle, where a bigrig crash makes the first leg of the race a misery.

But before Phil yells “go!” he advises contestants that there will be surprises this season they’ll “never expect.” Indeed, at least one major surprise that will change the complexion of the race surfaces in the very first episode.

Those concerned with racial sensitivities should be warned that while “Survivor” only featured four racially pure teams, “The Amazing Race” features no fewer than 12!!

The contestants:

* “Peter & Sarah, newly dating triathletes from Southern California.” Both are cute and blonde. Sarah, 31, a motivational speaker, has an amazing robot leg where her real one should be. Peter, 35, builds artificial legs for a living, which really gets Sarah hot! Get this: though Sarah is a triathlete, her missing limb allows her to pre-board flights! (The single-mother team takes much umbrudge!)

* “Bilal & Sa’eed, best friends from Cleveland, Ohio.” Both are heavyset thirtysomething African-American Muslims with a most impressive quantity of facial hair. They say stuff like “Allah is the greatest!” and “I’m from Cleveland Ohio! What do I know about chopsticks!” For hefty men, they move quickly! Though not as into Jesus as most Americans, they intend to stop and pray plenty along the way.

* “Rob and Kimberly, dating, from Los Angeles.” Kimberly, 28, is a piping-hot public relations girl. Rob is a surly 31-year-old bartender.

* “Dustin & Kandice, beauty queens from New York City.” Hot blondes both, they met while rooming together as Miss America contestants. Dustin, 26 and a marketing exec, was Miss California. Kandice, 24 and a Rockette, was Miss New York.

* “David & Mary, married, coal miner and housewife from Stone, Kentucky.” Tubby hillbillies in their early thirties! David’s a mouthbreather. Mary, who sounds exactly like Dolly Parton, confides they’ve never been beyond Tennessee.

* “Erwin & Godwin, brothers from the San Franciso Bay area.” Korean-American eggheads! Godwin, 29, is a financial analyst. Erwin, 32, is an insurance company manager.

* “Duke & Lauren, father and daughter from Long Island.” Lauren, 26, is a supercute speech and language pathologist. Duke, 52, is a tour-company owner who cries like a little bitch because Lauren has taken to sleeping with a woman.

* “Vipul & Arti, husband and wife from Orlando, Florida.” The show’s first Indian-American team. Arti, female and 27, is a nutritional educator; Vipul, male and 29, is in sales. They’ve been married two years. He introduces himself as “Vipul of the People.” She’s way too hot for him.

* “Kellie & Jamie, best friends and cheerleaders from Columbia, South Carolina.” One just graduated college; the other studies broadcast journalism. Both are extra-pretty, 22 and unafraid to strip down to their minis and cartwheel!

* “Tyler and James, recovering drug addicts and models from Hollywood, California.” They appear to maintain a collection of pouty polaroids from their days as substance abusers. It’s impossible to look at them and not whisper “Zoolander.”

* “Lyn & Karlyn, lifelong friends and single mothers from Birmingham, Alabama.” Both are black, 32 and have “lyn” in their names. Lyn teaches 4th grade; Karlyn is a program analyst. Again, they do not cotton to that pretty little one-legged white girl!

* “Tom & Terry, boyfriends from New York City.” Balding white men who take manicures together. Tom, 39, is a college admissions director. Terry, 45, is a special events director. As with all of “Amazing Race’s” homosexuals, they are never depicted kissing each other, even when they discover they’ve survive an eliminations.

Learn what all the amazing racers look like here.

8:30 p.m. Sunday. CBS.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 02:31:09 PM by puddin »

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #236 on: September 17, 2006, 02:35:17 PM »
What I found something before someone else, impossible.

I might die of shock before tonights episode.

ANd by the way 5 hours to

and TV guide's Matt Roush gives the episode a glowing review calling the final detour one of hte hardest and that one of the contestants says "It can't be worse then childbirth?"  I love that line and its the team from Alabama.

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700006153

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #237 on: September 17, 2006, 02:41:29 PM »
Here is the Big Rig accident in Seattle.

Seattle

A series of accidents on Interstate 5 near the Washington State Convention and Trade Center snarled traffic Saturday morning.

The first accident, at 3:15 a.m., occurred when two semitrucks southbound on I-5 collided while changing lanes. One truck spilled an estimated 100 gallons of diesel fuel on the roadway, triggering a second accident involving two cars.

The accidents and spill closed all southbound lanes until about 6 a.m., with traffic detoured onto the James Street exit, said Trooper Courtney Stewart of the Washington State Patrol. I-5 reopened after the state Department of Transportation sanded the highway.

Three hours later, two southbound lanes at the convention center were again closed when a tanker truck hit a wet patch of road, skidded across all lanes of traffic, slammed into a barrier and jackknifed.

The driver "didn't touch anyone, miraculously," Stewart said. The two left lanes were closed until about noon, causing a "horrid" backup that stretched to Northgate, she said.

Neither accident caused serious injuries. Rain-slick roadways contributed to both accidents, she said.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 02:44:50 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #238 on: September 17, 2006, 02:51:31 PM »
Well Mary sure seems to get a few good lines out.  Another one from tonights is from the USA Today.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/columnist/criticscorner/column.htm

Okay everyone how the hell do you quote?
USATODAY
Critic Corner
by Robert Bianco
Some shows don't need self-created controversies to draw attention. They can fall back on proven quality — like The Amazing Race (CBS, Sunday, 8:30 ET/PT), which kicks off a new season with a 90-minute special that just may be the show's best start yet. This time, the 12 teams gather in Seattle and head immediately to Beijing, where architectural glories and a few new game surprises await.

Race's value as a visually splendid travelogue can't be underestimated, particularly when it has the splendors of Beijing to display. But the show rises and falls on its players, and these 24 racers appear to be particularly strong and admirably diverse, as the Race has been since its inception. Though favorites will emerge and change, in the early going I'm rooting for Mary, the feisty, friendly wife of a Kentucky coal miner, who compares landing in China to "dropping a 30-year-old baby in the world and telling him, 'Just go.' " You go, Mary.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 02:56:26 PM by mswood »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #239 on: September 17, 2006, 03:04:37 PM »
Here is a Google Maps directions map from Gas Works Park to Sea-Tac.

The location of the big rig accident is marked.  The article says that traffic was backed up to Northgate which is well north of the place where teams would be getting on the 5 freeway.  So they should have have a chance to see that the freeway was clogged before they got on it.

So the clear best path to take to get to Sea-Tac would have been via the Aurora Bridge and the Alaskan Way Viaduct.

I bet the teams get plenty of chances to see that going by the 5 is a bad idea:

1)  Seaplane view of growing backup
2)  While standing on the hill at Gasworks Park you can see the 5as it goes along the western edge of Lake Union.

So we will see who is paying attention!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2006, 03:14:19 PM by Chateau d If »

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #240 on: September 17, 2006, 03:31:41 PM »
Tick Tock, Tick Tock

The clock is running

H - HOUR minus FOUR  and counting :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #241 on: September 17, 2006, 03:37:20 PM »
The Washington DOT doesn't keep a video archive, but they do have a map archive.The first cap is a map of 11a.m. on the 27th. Chateau is right; I wonder if any teams used the 99, or maybe they drove the streets like Lyn/Karlyn. I don't know the name of the building near the seaplane landing, but according to the webcam shot it's somewhere near I-5 and Mercer.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #242 on: September 17, 2006, 03:48:17 PM »
That building is directly across Lake Union from Gasworks Park

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #243 on: September 17, 2006, 04:06:58 PM »
Here is the faster alternative that some teams may have heard about.

For some reason I had to trick the mapping service by forcing it to go to points along the way.  So it comes in three parts.

Locals should be aware of this route.  I wasn't but I've learned   :lol:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #244 on: September 17, 2006, 04:12:18 PM »
Thanks; I should have looked for the shadows. The Kenmore air terminal (where the racers walked away from the seaplanes) is on the lower-left of the picture. I've included a kmz; the markers are the plane design (yellow bands) and the median strip down the pier.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #245 on: September 17, 2006, 04:59:26 PM »
The cho Bros outside the airport shuttle bus

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #246 on: September 17, 2006, 05:01:09 PM »
Camaramen trying to get out of the way

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #247 on: September 17, 2006, 05:22:18 PM »
Wow, great eye Puddin!   :jam:

So the sea plane drop off spot is not close to Gasworks Park.  They will have to ride in cars or a bus to get to the starting line.

Even one more chance to observe the mess on the freeway!   :lol3:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #248 on: September 17, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »
Sarah !! nope  :lol:
SEASON PREMIERE
8:30-10PM

The Amazing Race (CBS) Race may have won a fourth Emmy for best reality show, but after last year's weak family theme, change was in order. So prepare for a few firsts: the first Indian-American couple, the first Muslim duo, and the first player with an artificial leg. But lest you get swallowed by all that cultural depth, there's plenty of shallow: The male-model duo gets its pick of pretty from two former Miss America contestants and a pair of University of South Carolina cheerleaders. So best of luck, boys — and do try to remember that you're in it for the money.

EW

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #249 on: September 17, 2006, 05:41:25 PM »
Could be Kellie ?