Author Topic: Let the All-Stars rumours begin ...  (Read 5841 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Let the All-Stars rumours begin ...
« on: December 29, 2003, 02:19:12 AM »

Survivor secrets
Pearl Islands is over, let the All-Stars rumours begin ...
By KEVIN WILLIAMSON -- Calgary Sun

It's the kind of two-fisted slug-fest reserved for superheros and B-movie monsters. In a fight, who would win?

Superman or Captain Marvel? King Kong or Godzilla? Richard Hatch or ... Rupert Boneham?

It's a question that fans of Survivor, the lord of reality-TV, will soon have answered if rumours flying fast and furious around the Internet are any indication. Survivor: All-Stars, which filmed in November and December on the Pacific coast of Panama, airs Feb. 1 after the Superbowl on CBS.

Thus far, grand poobah Mark Burnett and host Jeff Probst have been mum about which former castmates will participate, but that hasn't stopped fans and sources from spilling secrets and speculating about who will be competing on the new edition.

The following are the most likely candidates, according to those same said rumour mongers, to try to outwit, outlast and outplay each other one more time.

Although you'd expect any genuine battle of the champions to involve just those who have won the $1-million prize before, that's not so with All-Stars.

Rather, Burnett has selected his repeat competitors in accordance with their popularity with viewers. Hence, Boneham -- who didn't get anywhere near the loot on Pearl Islands but became a fan favourite -- is in. Here is the rumoured rundown for All-Stars. And, no it's not a mistake that there are 18 names below, as opposed to the usual 16. Why? Because the big rumour about the show is that there will be three tribes, not two. Let the intrigue ensue, dear readers.

SURVIVOR: THE ORIGINAL

RICHARD HATCH: The snake in the grass who started it all. The most famous -- and notorious -- of all Survivors. The promise of All-Stars is the chance to see Hatch lose.

RUDY BOESCH: The tough-as-nails ex-Navy SEAL, Boesch struck up an unlikely alliance with Hatch, despite the fact Hatch was one of them there homosexuals. Curiously, what you probably don't know is that Rudy was originally the sixth cast member of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy.

SUE HAWK: Tough-talking truck driver who gave one of the most talked-about televised tyrades ever when she denounced teammate Kelly, who she felt had stabbed her in the back. Hawk was actually touted as the future star of her own sitcom -- she was compared favourably, if there is such a thing, to Roseanne Barr -- until her 14.5 seconds of fame expired.

JENNA LEWIS: Remember the cute girl who wasn't very bright and wasn't Colleen Haskell? That's Jenna. All-Stars would probably give her a second chance at posing in Playboy. She rejected the magazine three years ago. Told you she wasn't very bright.

- - -

THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK

COLBY DONALDSON: The cowboy who stabbed Jerri Manthey in the spot right above her forked tail. What you probably forgot, though, is that the dude won a truck and then spent the night in it -- with his mother.

JERRI MANTHEY: The Evil One. After getting booted, turned up in Playboy, the first Survivor to do so. But hardly the last. The juiciest Jerri rumour? That she had a fling with Probst. Both have vehemently denied it.

ALICIA CALAWAY: Personal fitness trainer who looked like she could wrestle a croc -- and win. One of the few Survivors to not let fame go to her head or whining that she didn't portray her fairly.

AMBER BRKICH: Jerri's little sister. What Jerri liked, she liked. What Jerri did, she did ... except doff her duds for a men's magazine, that is. Instead she appeared in Stuff partially clothed.

TINA WESSON: Middle-aged mom who ended up winning the $1-million prize. What does she have to gain by doing it a second time? Another chance to play mom to studly Colby.

- - -

SURVIVOR: AFRICA

TOM BUCHANAN: A self-employed goat and cattle farmer who's known as "Big Tom."

LEX VAN DEN BERGHE: He's named Lex. That's really everything interesting about him.

ETHAN ZOHN: Soccer player who won the $1-million prize. Girls like him because he's "dreamy."

- - -

SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS

ROB MARIANO: Construction foreman who's also coaches the Boston University's Inline Hockey Team.

KATHY VAVRICK-O'BRIEN: Real-estate agent who biked across America to raise money for charity.

- - -

SURVIVOR: THAILAND

SHII-ANN HUANG: In her spare time she raised a prize-winning sheep for Future Farmers of America. That sound you hear is Tom the goat herder jumping for joy.

- - -

SURVIVOR: AMAZON

ROB CESTERNINO: The back-stabbing nerd who, despite being a loser in love, won over sexpots Jenna and Heidi. Of course they just wanted to be friends.

JENNA MORASCA: Hottie who ended up winning the $1-million prize. Went on to pose for Playboy with pal Heidi.

- - -

SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS

RUPERT BONEHAM: The anti-Richard. The decent, hard-working everyman who looks more like Gimli from Lord of the Rings than any Hollywood star. He's a shoo-in.    

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re:Let the All-Stars rumours begin ...
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2003, 02:27:29 AM »
Reality TV shows have a local flavor
Rob Owen from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette caught up with Jenna Morasca earlier this month where she talks about her mom and Survivor.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Sunday, December 28, 2003

Morasca won't comment on whether she's a member of the cast for the next "Survivor," which premieres Feb. 2 after the Super Bowl (CBS will announce the cast Jan. 12). !!!!!!!!

But the biggest local names in reality TV were Jenna Morasca, $1 million winner of CBS' "Survivor: Amazon," and Matt Kennedy Gould, unwitting star of Spike TV's "The Joe Schmo Show."

"I've gotten to do some really cool stuff," Morasca said earlier this month. "There's a big scrapbook my dad and I keep with everything that was written about me, good and bad. I can't believe I was on Letterman. You don't realize the magnitude of the thing while you're doing it."

Morasca has few complaints. She's become close to Ethan Zohn, winner of "Survivor: Africa," although she's hesitant to say they're dating because their relationship "didn't start off normal."

She's also not entirely accustomed to standing in line at the grocery store, thumbing through a magazine and coming across her picture.

"US Weekly just did the 10 most shocking 'Survivor' moments ever, and Heidi and I got No. 1 with the chocolate and peanut butter thing," Morasca said of the time she and a fellow contestant stripped naked to win a snack. "I was reading the National Enquirer and they had a big article on my mom passing away. That's especially weird to see."

Morasca's mother, Carla, lost a 12-year battle with breast cancer Nov. 19. That's around the same time the all-star edition of "Survivor," featuring past contestants, was filming. Morasca won't comment on whether she's a member of the cast for the next "Survivor," which premieres Feb. 2 after the Super Bowl (CBS will announce the cast Jan. 12). If she is, it's possible her mother's death will become a plot point in the show.

"She wanted me to play 'Survivor' when I went to the Amazon, and she assured me she'd be fine," Morasca said, sidestepping questions about the timing of the all-star edition. "She was a huge fan and very supportive of me and anything I did involving 'Survivor.' "

Should that confluence of events come to pass, it would be an eerie echo of the most recent edition, "Survivor: Pearl Islands," in which a contestant fabricated the death of his grandmother to gain the sympathy of fellow players.

"There's a special place in hell reserved for people who lie about the death of a family member," Morasca said. "You're not a good player if you have to go there. There's other ways to play the game." :o

« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 02:42:40 AM by puddinpie »

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 01:38:05 AM »
Thanks for posting this puddin.  Very interesting.

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 10:23:18 AM »
WE KNOW JENNA MORSACA. I LIVE IN CANONSBURH, PA WHICH IS 5 MIN FROM BRIDGEVILLE, PA- WHERE SHE IS FROM. MY FRIEND WENT TO SCHOOL WITH HER.
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 12:43:03 PM »
well Wendy if she is on All Stars then you can be our EYE on Jenna in the field. ;D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2004, 01:22:13 PM »
Yeah wendy how about it?
 ;)
      http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor6/survivors/prof/jenna.shtml

Jenna Morasca models swimwear on a freelance basis while also competing in beauty pageants. She has won the Venus Swimwear competition two years in a row (2001 and 2002) and was second runner-up in the Miss Pennsylvania U.S.A. beauty pageant in 2001. Additionally, she is currently a junior at the University of Pittsburgh, majoring in zoology.

Morasca's hobbies include horseback riding, sleeping and hanging out with her animals (she has a dog, a ferret, three birds, two guinea pigs and a fish). She describes herself as honest, outgoing and funny. If she could hold political office, she'd be President of the United States so she could make all the important decisions. Her favorite sport is football. Her favorite teams are the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Denver Broncos. Her hero is her mother, who has been fighting breast cancer for over ten years. If she wins the money, she wants to buy a car and put a huge sound system in it, chrome wheels and detailing. She also wants to pay off her family's bills and take a trip to Italy with her mom and dad.

Morasca is currently single and living in Bridgeville, Penn. Her birth date is February 15, 1981.  

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2004, 01:29:45 PM »
Are we saying I dont know Jenna??
Wendy Jean

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2004, 01:30:36 PM »
Her mother just died, so I doubt she will be in all stars. Hopefully, she will. Dont know.
Wendy Jean

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2004, 02:56:25 PM »
wendy actually it woudl be great that you know her and are in the same town.  Some of the best spoilers are from people knowing she is not in town ~ meanign they have gone to NY which means a boot that episode.

It is rumored that she was on the show and quit due to her mother's death.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2004, 08:01:55 PM »
Are we saying I dont know Jenna??

No..Wendy that's not what I meant at all! I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way...I think that it's great that you knowJenna :D..I feel bad..I hope that I didn't hurt your feelings :-\....Sorry

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2004, 09:06:42 AM »
no- sorry i jumped the gun.....jenna has been through alot. she is a true survivor.
Wendy Jean