Author Topic: Clay Aiken’s third album A Thousand Different Ways will include covers  (Read 3451 times)

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The title of Clay Aiken’s third album is A Thousand Different Ways, and as RCA suggested earlier this year, it includes a number of cover songs.

At least three of those songs are “being tested on Promosquad,” and they include a cover of Foreigner’s “I Want to Know What Love Is,” which is “sung as a duet with female reality star Suzie McNeil from TV’s Rockstar:Supernova,” according to Faded Youth. There’s also a version of Air Supply’s Without You, and reportedly a cover of Bad English’s “When I see you Smile.”

The blog offers MP3s samples of the songs, including one of a non-cover, original song that Faded Youth describes as “a forgettable original tune entitled ‘A Thousand Days’.” The clips prove Clay can certainly sing, especially on his version of Without You, but A Thousand Days definitely seems bland, which is likely to add to the disappointment that an album full of covers may generate. If it’s released in late September, his new album will arrive almost three years after his first album was released. In other words, it took three years to cover some songs?

The release of Clay’s third album has been delayed, but was finally given a release date, Sept. 18. However, as of today, the CD is still not yet listed on Amazon, nor does RCA list it yet on its upcoming release chart.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.