Author Topic: Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris -TAR10 Third Place!  (Read 16501 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris -TAR10 Third Place!
« on: July 15, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

Names: Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris
Ages: both 32
Occupations: Teacher, program analyst
Hometown: Birmingham, Ala., Helena, Ala.
Relationship: Best friends

Name: Lyn Turk
Hometown: Birmingham, Ala

Name: Karlyn Harris
Hometown: Helena, Ala.

Relationship: Best Friends

These two Alabama mothers have known each other since 9th grade. The Amazing Race will be the first time the two have ever traveled abroad together. Both have limited traveling experience, but are hoping their resourcefulness and wit will make them the team to beat.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 10:10:29 PM by puddin »

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris -TAR10
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 10:55:57 AM »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline FrostieJ

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Full Member
  • Amazing Racer
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2006, 09:15:16 AM »
 :luvu:  I love these girls.   I am so excited and I know they are too!!  The anticipation of your edit..... (:;).....the bickering..... :argue:   I am so glad that I can watch the premiere without feeling like I am going to puke.

Go L&K!!!

Yes....Yes....Yes....Regular People without agendas!!!!!!!! :woohoo:
Somebody buy me a drink!

Offline recar

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2006, 06:37:47 AM »
After seeing their video, I like them as well. I can relate to her comment about screaming "go girl" at the TV ! lol

Offline Aventus

• RFF Full Member
  • Jumping the shark?!.
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 05:58:16 PM »
I don't know... I'm not quite excited with this team, but I can sure change my mind when the show starts.

Offline whend

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 05:58:11 AM »
I really like these ladies.They seem very real to me,I hope they go far!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2006, 10:17:16 AM »
I liked these ladies ~ only saw 1/2 the show.  But they encouraged each other on that wall and did not quit!!  G GO ladies!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2006, 10:45:31 PM »
I can't help to like them too Texan  :jumpy: ! One of my favorite teams so far  :hearts:

Offline Tritium

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 09:24:14 PM »
Not sure why you guys like this team. They turn me off with their constant whining about the other teams.
They are hypocrites as well, with their amazing double standards.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 09:47:03 PM by Tritium »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 10:15:35 PM »
Oh I tried to like the Lyns..really really tried but I'm through biting my tongue. Their faces match their personalities , mean and ugly like some sort of horror movie  :meow:.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Lyn Turk and Karlyn Harris -TAR10 Third Place!
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006, 12:52:20 AM »
 :cmas13
 Video

Amazing Race Contestant Robbed
Stephen Hauck
News42 WIAT
Dec 13, 10:18 AM EST
An Amazing Race contestant survived a grueling trip through 13 countries, but fell victim to burglars back here at home in Birmingham.

Six weeks, 13 countries, and countless memories is what a Birmingham woman, who traveled the globe with her best friend, remembers.

"My passion was to travel.  Now don't get me wrong, I needed the money, wanted the money, but my passion was to travel and I was traveling for free."

Lyn Turk and her pal Karlyn survived the entire season, hopping from country to country, only to come up a little short of the big prize in Sunday's Amazing Race season finale.

"Regardless of whether I won the money or not, I finished the race, and there are nine teams that can say that they did not get a chance to finish the race," said Turk.

But, the popularity she gained after being seen by millions of viewers, week after week, and even in a huge write-up in a local newspaper may have made her a target for thieves.

Last week, just days before traveling to New York for the finale weekend, she came home to find her house in shambles.

"The house was wide open.  Someone had forced their way through the front door, everything was in the floor, nothing was untouched, even food out of the cabinets, and taken the plumbing from under the house," said Turk.

The burglars had busted through two sets of doors to enter the home, and pillaged nearly everything inside.

"They literally pulled out everything.  I mean its stuff out the closet, stuff out the drawers, it was stuff in this cabinet and you can see where they dusted for prints over there," said Turk.

Numerous items were stolen, including her son's play-station, and valuable copper pipes under the home.

So for now, Turk is reflecting on a world-wide trip she'll never forget, while staying with family until she can get her home back into a livable condition for herself and her kids.

http://www.wiat.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=WIAT%2FMGArticle%2FIAT_BasicArticle&c=MGArticle&cid=1149192158243&path=!news!localnews

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006, 02:18:25 AM »
Aww, how sad about Lyn's home. 
I'm glad she and Karlyn were the 3rd place winners and the first girl team to go that far.

There were things I didn't like about them, but they did run a good race, & I wish them both lots of luck in their lives.  :nods:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »
Lyn came to both the TAR 10 and TAR 11 TARcons and is a delight to talk to. Charming, funny, self-deprecating, a very nice lady.

She has been kind enough to share a little update with us:

"I have been remarried for 1 year. I remarried my first husband, Chris. He is the father of my three kids. It is MUCH better this go-around. I guess we both had time to grow."

Wishing Lyn and Chris much joy and happiness!  :congrats:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »
Oh lovely. Hope they will both be very happy!  :hugs:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.