Author Topic: REALITY RED ALERT: Treasure Hunters on Monday? NO WAY!  (Read 9279 times)

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
REALITY RED ALERT: Treasure Hunters on Monday? NO WAY!
« on: June 17, 2006, 10:00:00 PM »
 :jam: The unthinkable has happened! Edmonton has SHUTOUT Carolina 4-0, meaning game 7 IS happening! So this is advanced notice that the 2nd episode of Treasure Hunters WILL NOT air Monday night, and in its place is the ultimate game 7 of the 2006 Stanley Cup Finals! Will the Oilers go all the way?

It will be the Stanley Cup on Monday, but not treasure... 
This is sure to be a RFF Reality TV Podcast topic on Wednesday...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 10:18:35 PM by PsychoJason »

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: REALITY RED ALERT: Treasure Hunters on Monday? NO WAY!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 10:07:47 PM »
That's Ok I will take a game 7 and let them rework the schedule for 1 week.  There is enough repeats on that this should not be a problem.  They could put 2 new episodes on the next Monday and still be on schedule.  I know that means they will probally have to air the first episode again but that also should not be a problem.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 07:44:28 PM »
Next New Episode Next Monday June 26th.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 08:14:20 PM »
Thanks CL , I can wait a week !

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 08:37:06 PM »
No problem.  Starts at 9pm EST.

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2006, 09:34:17 PM »
STUPID! STUPID! STUPID! Here's an email sent to me today:

Many people will be pissed Monday night.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »
looks like they will play a condensed premier at 8pm on the 26th since there will be a long layoff.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2006, 09:13:34 AM »
I forgot to watch.... was it a good show?

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2006, 09:18:43 AM »
It is TAR lite but something to watch during the summer.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2006, 09:57:05 AM »
I forgot to watch.... was it a good show?

Texas, my friend, you did not miss anything!  And we don't have to suffer through another lame episode tonight, but rather some good, fast, action, reality ice hockey!! 

Maybe, NBC can just repeat the Stanley Cup games every Monday night.  At least, we would have some action to follow.  Treasure Hunters is nothing but a trip to dullesville.  And there is always a good flick on HBO if you have to watch television on Monday night!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2006, 09:59:23 AM »
I don't think it was that bad, but it was a little confusing in the beginning.  Hopefully with lesser teams things will get easier.

Offline cinni

• mind is tiffany twisted
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • defying gravity
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 11:09:02 AM »
i wasn't impressed at all. teams could guess their way past some clues. it seemed kind of "staged" for me. figure out the clue, hop on the conveniently waiting transportation to take you to the next. serious bunching so no advantage shown for fiinishing earlier in the first hour.

seriously dislike team pastor. the mullets are funny but not too long for the race. the brown family is also likely gone sooner than later. really liking team southie so far.   :hearts:

that and no phil...

i'll give it another episode before i give up.
always remember....when life hands you lemons, ask for tequila and salt and call me over!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 11:37:09 AM »
I did not like the thought that you could guess your way to the next destination.  At least in AR when you had to figure out the clue you ACTUALLY had to figure it out.

msbuni

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »

I was either feeling as if things were staged or it was just too simple to figure out.  What is up with the "host" he almost seems to be a machine rather than a real person!  :groan:   It is nothing like TAR - but something to kindof watch during the summer.....

I am in agreement - I don't like the Pastor team ...very dirty playing techniques!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 01:31:14 PM »
Yeah it was kinda strange that the host was no where to be seen.  Guess the idea of product placement was too great to give up for a live person at the final task.

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 08:35:47 PM »
Who needs a live person when you have a Motorola Razar?

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2006, 08:38:11 PM »
or a _________ computer and a ___________ credit card.  You can travel in a _____________.  They can get all their clothes at_________________________.   :groan:

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2006, 09:56:43 PM »
Who needs a live person when you have a Motorola Razar?

This is the difference between Amazing Race and Treasure Hunters, and this is why I'll watch this show on a weekly basis. (Or as many weeks as possible if I have a Monday night committment.) The thought of adding the Motorola Razer is innovative because it shows that you don't need the host following the teams around at the current location yet he's still there for the next direction. And I like it.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2006, 01:43:17 PM »
looks like they are repeating a one hour condensed version of Sunday's show for anyone that missed it.  Tonight June 23 at 8:00pm EST on NBC.