Author Topic: Get Real Denver  (Read 3421 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Get Real Denver
« on: June 14, 2006, 05:10:05 PM »
OK guys & gals I do not watch this show but found this link today searching for other stuff , don't know if its news or if anyone even cares ? If its old news just delete , please .

The Denver Post has launched a blog called Get Real Denver. Its mission is to “bring you the latest news and gossip about the seven-member cast, plus the behind-the-scenes stuff you don’t get to see on TV … months before the show airs, right as it happens.” John Wenzel promises that the blog will “track the movement of the crews as they flit around the city in search of film-worthy madness, … sometimes even tracking the cast in real time as it moves around in a single night.”

http://www.getrealdenver.com/

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Get Real Denver
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 08:39:39 PM »
Thanks Puddin!

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
'Real World' actor to work behind the bar at JR's
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:50:09 AM »
From Rocky Mountain News

I told you in April that a Denver cast member of MTV's Real World would be working as an assistant bartender at JR's, the hot and happenin' gay bar on 17th Avenue.

Well, Jeremy (his show name, not his real one) will soon don an apron to work four nights a week at JR's. After the Denver denizens in the house at 1920 Market St. finish their day jobs, Jeremy will schlep over to JR's to work the night shift.

"I told them they could film any night here except Thursdays," said bar owner Larry McDonald. "It's half-price night, and we're too busy."

When McDonald signed the contract with MTV, he agreed to let the camera, lighting, sound and security crews have full access to his gin joint.

"The security guys are there for the crew; they're not liable for anything that the cast members do," McDonald said.

And after a tab tussle at another local watering hole, where Real World members tried to run out on the check, McDonald says they've been told they must pay their bar bill and tip accordingly.

"When they come into the bar, they don't drink for free," McDonald said. "They also don't call us and tell us when they're coming in."

JR's patrons will have to sign a release if they want to have their mugs shot for the show.

"If you don't sign the release, they can't put your face on TV," McDonald said.

"The last thing some people want is to be outed on TV."

Despite the hassle of having his bar crammed with cameras, McDonald eagerly agreed to expose his place to the national publicity. "First of all, it will show on TV that we're not a bunch of weird gays. And it will give another light to gay society if they choose to film in the bar."
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
'REAL WORLD' GETS OFF TO ROCKIES START
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 07:51:46 AM »
Thanks to the NY Post

The cast and crew of "The Real World: Denver" are already stirring up trouble with the locals.

Following reports that at least two female cast members were recently physically ejected from bars for allegedly becoming reckless drunks, a "Real World" production assistant called a Denver Post reporter a "stalker" and "sick" while he was covering the show.

"Real World" officials also called the police on the reporter and tried to have him removed from a public sidewalk.

They've also frowned on locals taking pictures of the cast, which sparked bloggers to call the police themselves and ask if there were any laws about snapping photos in public. A Denver detective told them there was no law and, in fact, MTV staffers might actually be breaking the law by harassing shutterbugs on public land.

The run-in, details about the cast and photos taken by reporters using good, old-fashioned street reporting are available on a blog sponsored by the newspaper, getrealdenver.com.

Denver locals have also been posting messages on the blog about the cast and how they want to avoid them.

"I am so pissed that they are filming here," wrote a blogger named Katie. "This is just going to make the people of Colorado look like stupid, drunken fools."

This is far from the first time that the "Real World" has clashed with locals. Last season's edition in Key West sparked a lawsuit from a neighbor living near the luxe house where the cast stayed, and several years ago Chicago neighborhood residents protested the show.
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Denver newspaper assembles fake Real World cast to fool the public
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 08:12:31 AM »
From realityblurred.com

Denver newspaper assembles fake Real World cast and crew to fool the public

I admit that when I heard the next Real World was going to Denver, I thought that producers had basically run out of cities. But it’s rapidly becoming clear that being deprived of oxygen inspires great art. That’s because Denver has reacted to the show like no other city. Seattle and Chicago may have had protests, but Denver is leading with its innovative and informative approaches to the show’s presence.

First, the Denver Post broke journalistic ground by covering the show round-the-clock with a blog. And now, the city’s alternative newspaper Westword got into the game by assembling a fake cast to fool the city’s residents.

The “cast members” were followed by a camera crew, security, and “full-fledged asshole producers.” Writer Jared Jacang Maher even forcefully requested that locals sign releases, just like the show’s producers do. One fake cast member remarked, “I seriously cannot believe how easy that was. No one even questioned a single thing.” They even staged a fight, a scene of which is included in the video of their evening [MP4].

Their performance was so great, or people’s expectations were so low, that they inspired a rash of cast and crew sightings. But best of all, they fooled Holly from Road Rules, who spotted the crew, came over, and introduced herself. “It’s funny. I don’t recognize any of the staff,” she said.

Why play mindgames with the city’s residents, never mind hapless former reality stars? The paper says the city’s “pure mountains majesty, our folksy ways, [were] being sullied and pranced around like some martini-infused, oversexed marionette peering into the wasted glory hole of American excess!” Also, they “despise The Real World.”

Offline Smaggy

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Get Real Denver
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 06:56:38 PM »
Denver?  Hmm, it looks like they are running out of cities.  But I guess, drama happens everywhere and I'm sure the location won't change anything about the show.