Author Topic: Big Brother UK Version  (Read 129366 times)

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
Re: Big Brother UK Version
« Reply #450 on: November 30, 2006, 02:55:33 PM »
They said she was a US singer/actress, right?  Then how come I've never heard of her?  I read her biography at Wiki, and nothing rang a bell. 

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #451 on: December 01, 2006, 10:26:51 PM »
Big Bruv in bid for Brit's Fed-Ex

November 22, 2006

BRITNEY Spears’ estranged hubby Kevin Federline is being lined up for Celebrity Big Brother.

The self-styled K-Fed — restyled Fed-Ex since the split from Britney — has been offered £150,000 to take part in the Channel 4 reality show.

Producers hope the 28-year-old will perform some of his cringeworthy “raps”.

An insider said: “Kevin is hugely entertaining because he takes himself really seriously — even though no one else does.

“He’ll be great for the show because it’s all about larger-than-life characters.”

Source: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,11049-2006540295,00.html

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cheers from the Eiffel Tower
    • Carrot Sticks & Cottage Cheese
« Reply #452 on: December 01, 2006, 11:59:43 PM »
Grace Jones was a Bond girl. A View to a Kill, back in mid 80's. She also sang (mostly I think R&B) of the same time frame. She was also in a Conan movie of the early 80's. Maybe this was all just before your time, but I really recall her.
When all is said and done, there is nothing more to say.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #453 on: December 02, 2006, 09:30:19 AM »
I'm not much into Bond, and I wasn't born until the late eighties, so she is definitely way before my time.  Bringing an ex-Bond Girl into the house could help promote the new one, although I'm not in Marketing, so I wouldn't know.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #454 on: December 04, 2006, 08:35:20 AM »
Bizarre rumour time: Stephen Hawking has reportedly been approached for CBB5.

According to The Sun, he has been offerred a ”substantial fee” by show producers to appear in the new series. However, a friend has said it is unlikely he will accept it. “He thought it was very funny,” a source told The Sun. “He gets wacky offers all the time and is always turning stuff down. He has a good sense of humour and might find being in the house amusing for a bit. But he would end up bored rigid.”

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #455 on: December 04, 2006, 08:52:14 AM »
What will they think of next? The latest on the rumour mill is Stephen Hawkings has been approached to appear in January’s Celebrity Big Brother. Keep in mind, this is reported in the Sun, so take this news with a grain of salt. Accordingly Stephen was offered a ’substantial fee’ to appear on the show.

Now serioulsy, does anyone think Celebrity Big Brother holds any interest for him? A source told the Sun, “He thought it was very funny. He gets wacky offers all the time and is always turning stuff down. He has a good sense of humour and might find being in the house amusing for a bit. But he would end up bored rigid.”

To be honest, if Stephen Hawkings was in the Big Brother house, I know many people would be bored rigid.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #456 on: December 04, 2006, 09:34:04 AM »
How would he partcipate in challenges?  Some are physical, and it woul be hard to do it in a wheelchair!  I doubt we'll be seeing him enter the house.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Whitney Houston?
« Reply #457 on: December 04, 2006, 09:39:19 AM »
The soul diva will join a host of other controversial stars in the house in January for a fee of at least £150,000 if negotiations continue to go smoothly.

Big Brother bosses believe the ‘I Will Always Love You’ singer will boost ratings because of her remarkable recovery from drink and drug addiction and her divorce from Bobby Brown.

Whitney's house was repossessed last month after she failed to make her mortgage payments.

The 43-year-old’s $1.4 million Atlanta mansion was seized and auctioned on the steps of the Fulton County Courthouse.

Reports suggest that Whitney and estranged husband Bobby defaulted on mortgage payments and the five-bedroom house was put up for sale after being foreclosed by the courts.

Whitney has recently overcome an addiction to crack cocaine and filed for divorce from Bobby, her husband of 14 years, on October 16, requesting custody of the couple's daughter Bobbi Kristina, 13.

Other stars tipped to enter the Big Brother house in the New Year include Britney’s estranged husband Kevin Federline and Girls Aloud stunner Sarah Harding.

OJ Simpson had also been lined up but negotiations broke down following the recent controversy over his book ‘If I did it’ about the murder of his wife and her lover.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #458 on: December 04, 2006, 09:59:18 AM »
TV presenter John Leslie
singer Duncan James
ghost-spotter Derek Acorah
singer Grace Jones
drag queen RuPaul
Hi-Di-Hi's Su Pollard
80s star Adam Ant
actor/singer David Hasselhoff
singer Kevin Federline
singer Whitney Houston
scientist Stephen Hawkins
ex-football star and murderer OJ Simpson

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2006, 12:21:26 PM »
What a rowdy bunch of houseguests.  If all are correct, and I bet some aren't, then it'll be a fun and exciting season.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2006, 12:25:58 PM »
Half of this bunch Americans know about. It sure would be great to see others get into the Celebrity Big Brother.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2006, 08:28:58 PM »
It's been announced!  Big Brother will launch at 8.30pm on Wednesday 3 January on Channel 4.  We now have a month until the premire.  I can't wait!

Source: http://bbuksite.net/article/bb92.html

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #462 on: December 07, 2006, 11:37:31 AM »
It seems the cast is being held secret until premier night.

LONDON - 'Celebrity Big Brother' is to return to Channel 4 and E4 in the New Year for a fifth series with speculation that housemates could include Whitney Houston and Girls Aloud's Sarah Harding.

The new series, which is being sponsored by Carphone Warehouse, returns on January 3, along with spin-off programmes 'Celebrity Big Brother's Little Brother' and 'Celebrity Big Brother's Big Brain', which will both be hosted by Dermot O'Leary, and 'Celebrity Big Brother's Big Mouth', presented by Russell Brand.

Channel 4 said fans would be able to keep up to date with the series via the Big Brother website's live streaming subscription service, live streaming on E4, email updates and chat forums.

The identity of the new housemates is a secret until launch night. Yet names connected to the fifth series include Britney Spears' ex-husband Kevin Federline, who has reportedly been offered £150,000 to appear on the show.

The Sun quotes an insider on the Channel 4 show as saying: "Kevin is hugely entertaining because he takes himself really seriously -- even though no-one else does. He'll be great for the show because it's all about larger-than-life characters."

Series four of 'Celebrity Big Brother' featured former Labour MP George Galloway, who made his name with a bizarre cat impersonation in a pink leotard. The show was won last year not by a celebrity, but by Chantelle Houghton, who was introduced into the house as a fake celebrity. She went on to marry fellow contestant and Ordinary Boys singer Preston.

Previous versions of the show have been won by former Happy Monday's dancer Bez, Take That singer Mark Owen and comedian Jack Dee, who won the show's first outing.

Channel 4 said each celebrity contestant would be nominating a charity to support, with the total money raised from text vote revenue to be split equally among the housemates.

The previous series, which lasted for 18 days, attracted nearly 3m votes and a peak audience share of 6.8m for Channel 4.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #463 on: December 07, 2006, 11:40:04 AM »
Did you hear that the rumor of the Hoff being in the house is no longer true?  I read somewhere that he has a play to preform on Jan 31st, making him too busy to do BB.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #464 on: December 07, 2006, 11:55:08 AM »
I hadn't read that, but I was starting to wonder because he was no longer being mentioned.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #465 on: December 07, 2006, 01:50:28 PM »
I found it out on that BBuksite you sent me.  I get the RSS feed to it now to keep up with the celeb BBuk news, and that's what one article said.  I found out less than an hour of recording my voicemail message to the RFFradio voicemail line.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #466 on: December 07, 2006, 01:52:41 PM »
just curious when does this show start? k-fed has a wrestling match vs john cena on jan1 in miami

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #467 on: December 07, 2006, 01:55:22 PM »
It is comfirmed to start on January 3rd at 8PM in Britian.  I don't know what time zone that is in. 

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #468 on: December 07, 2006, 01:58:30 PM »
January 3rd, 2006: Roughly add 5 hours to the easter time zone.
Here in central time, it'll be showing at 2PM. Well, by 8PM we may have the torrents available for download.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #469 on: December 07, 2006, 02:00:07 PM »
You mean 2007, Jeff?   :cmas10   :cmas27

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #470 on: December 07, 2006, 02:01:16 PM »
Yes, I did mean 2007. Sorry.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #471 on: December 07, 2006, 02:03:42 PM »
It's alright Jeff.  I do that sometimes too.  Just wanted to make sure you still weren't back in 2005.   :snics:

The thing is with this show is that there is no way one can see it here in the USA without downloading it online.  No TV stations broadcast it, and it's not a BBC program, it's on Channel 4 (in the UK)

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #472 on: December 08, 2006, 07:08:35 AM »
If anyone cares to know how I get to watch it, feel free to PM me and I'll let you in on the secret.

Offline Jeffrey Scott

• Jenius
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #473 on: December 08, 2006, 08:27:35 AM »
This reported from the Sun. There is a page-three girl (Glamour Girl) entering the Celebrity Big Brother house.

GLAMOUR girl Leilani Dowding is poised to sign up for Celebrity Big Brother, we can reveal.

The former Page 3 beauty, 27, will join the great and the downright odd on the three-week Channel 4 series which starts on January 3. A show insider said: “Leilani is a great girl — down to earth and friendly. We’ve never had a Page 3 girl before.” Meanwhile, Big Brother commissioning editor Angela Jain has revealed her ideal housemates would include Nicole Kidman, author Salman Rushdie, Michael Jackson, Kathy Burke and Whitney Houston. Troubled singer Whitney is reported to have been offered £500,000 to star.

Offline TheCinera

• "RFF Hero"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook
« Reply #474 on: December 08, 2006, 09:07:50 AM »
If anyone cares to know how I get to watch it, feel free to PM me and I'll let you in on the secret.
And Me.  I know how too.

So it looks like Leilani is the first celebrity housemate confirmed.  I seriously doubt that Kidman or Jackson would enter the house, but you never know.  Imagine, Michael Jackson in the same house as K-Fed.  Now that's entertaning.