Author Topic: The RW/RR Fresh Meat Challenge  (Read 9115 times)

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
The RW/RR Fresh Meat Challenge
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:26:20 PM »
WOW the trailer looks intense.  I am assuming it is newbies vs. RW/RR alums.  Looks like this season will have the usual drama.  Trailer has Clips of Tonya and Tina with issues.  And the real world Austin team seems to fall apart too, Johanna and Wes. And one of the ladies goes to the hospital.

Starts May 29th

New peeps, new challenges, new Drama ~WOO HOO I can not wait!!

Meet the cast (modified to add teams)

Coral ~ Real World Back to NY & Evan ~ newbie

Danny ~ Real World Austin & Ev ~ newbie  :loser:

Darrell ~ Road Rules Campus Crawl & Avi ~ newbie

Derrick ~ Road Rules X-Treme & Diem ~ newbie

Johanna ~ real world Austin  & Jesse ~ newbie

Katie ~ Road Rules the Quest & Eric~ newbie

Melinda ~ Real World Austin & Ryan ~newbie  :loser:

Shane ~ Road Rules Campus Crawl & Linette ~newbie

Theo ~ Road Rules Maximum Velocity & Chanda ~ newbie

Tina ~ Road Rules South pacific & Kenny ~ newbie

Tonya ~ Real World Chicago & Johnnie ~ newbie

Wes ~ Real world Austin & Casey ~ newbie

TJ Lavin ~ Host

BIOS and PICs
http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/rwrr_challenge-fresh_meat/meet_cast.jhtml

Here you can view the trailer and more

http://www.mtv.com/onair/dyn/rwrr_challenge-fresh_meat/series.jhtml
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:49:51 AM by Texan_Survivor »

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: The RW/RR Fresh Meat Challenge
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2006, 01:35:59 PM »
Well I am glad some of the vets that are on this show are ones the keep it interesting...some cause drama just by breathing (tonya) and others just have no problem telling you how it is (tina, coral).

Last challenge we did not see alot of Katie... wonder if we will see more of her or if the other Drama Queens will take over.  We have Tonya who does not seem to make friends real well.  Coral who can be right in the middle of the drama or just the little birdie in the background.  Tina well, sometimes i like her and sometimes I do not.  She was very humble abotu her performance at the end of the good vs bad challenge, curious to see how she does. 

Derrick well he can create drama and the trailer shows Wes as one to be right in the middle of things.  You have Shane who everyone seems to get along with and then youi have Theo  :hrt: who according to his BIo has dated many RW/RR ladies but only hve a hook up on tape with Tonya.  SO you wonder if they mean hook ups or what.  Theo is a good competitor but a hot head when they are not winning.

I think the newbies will have a rude awakening.  They have seen the show and think they will be fine it is just TV.  Well the girl from houston I thin will have issues according to her bio she is nto good with inter racial action or somehting like that and Ev ( i thinK) is risiking a softball scholarship and her GF is worried she will cheat on her with a man.   ???  I only read 2 newbie bios, but I still think they will be in for a shocker

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2006, 01:46:03 PM »
im interested to see how aviv does, her israeli millitary training should help her lol, ive seen my friend train for his army duty when i lived in israel.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 10:12:12 AM »
I really hope that this is a good show because I've been completely let down by the current Real World season. I can't wait until this starts.
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 12:32:47 PM »
Did anyone watch?  I forgot and only saw like 5 minutes... I am sure it will reair later in the week.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 11:28:55 PM »
It starts next monday so don't worry, you havn't missed anything yet!
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 09:38:13 AM »
I think they were introducing the cast last week.  I am ready for some drama.

Any one know is it vets vs freshmeat?  Are they going to mix it up?  Do they have to fight each other like last time?

Offline PsychoJason

• RFF Full Member
  • youtube.com/RetroWinnipeg
    • Win with Dell
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2006, 02:51:57 PM »
There are teams of 12: each newbie is paired with a veteran.

Tonight's the night: 9pm CT on both sides of the border!!! :jumpy:

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »
I'm excited. Woohoo. Happy Memorial day everyone!
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 09:43:07 PM »
WATCHING SHOW NOW.... JOAHANNA IS A DING DONG!!  She could have save one of her cast members.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 10:02:11 PM »
Wes is just a jerk and a whiney baby!

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2006, 09:32:16 AM »
Okay I know our writers will have a great recap, but here are my opinions.

Okay I am not sure if Johanna is just dumb or if she was being spiteful that her man was in the exile race.  She did vote who they told her to vote.  But you would have thought when she went after Danny that she would have voted like him.  She may know that they are all being targeted and wanted to vote differently ~ BUT HELLO have you ever watched one of the shows?  Vote Tonya not Shane who every one loves.   :groan:

Danny would not have lasted very long with these vets had made it in the exile.  He has too much of a short temper.  But WES, what is up with we have need to be together because we are a couple and need to have sex the first day.  Idiot you are coming in with Vet alums that have already worked together... they already are not going to bond and you come in thinking you own the joint.  Dude get a clue.  And your partner may nto be all that, but you constanly beraiding her is not going to help.

Coral ~ wow she picked a good match or so it seems now.  She was good last night.  Did fell bad for Theo and Chandra I thought they had that one challenge.  I think these two teams if they keep working together will go far.

Danny wanted to target Shane adn Linette, It hink they worked well together and they did fine in the challenges.  Tonya and Johnnie will kill each other if they last very long.  I was surprised that Katie picked Eric, but they will have fun.  I think katie may think she will not make it to the end but will have fun.  Darrell and Avi, I think they will be a good team too.  She was supportive when he was worried about the hieght.  Tina and Kenny, that is an arguement waiting to happen.  Derrick and Diem, we know Derrick will give it his all, I just hope she will to.

The previews of the rest of the season look like some good challenges.  And some great Drama!!  I am goignt o watch overdrive must know what Coral says about everyone.

Offline Cole

• 'RFF Hottie' - This is my life
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Sunshine
    • It's you. Not me.
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2006, 09:42:03 AM »
wendy, is this a good show...the last challenge really let me down. not sure if I want to invest in it again if its the same ole poopie
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" RFF official web board antagonist naked flamin\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\' stalker \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Google Talk - nikeos@gmail.com

[IM

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2006, 09:54:06 AM »
I thought that this was a really good show. Everything was new and it was sort of refreshing.
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2006, 10:05:37 AM »
Cole, sweetie you will LOVE this season.  It looks to be full of lots of drama and cool challenges.  They paired a Vet with and newbies and there are 12 teams.  The final prize is 250K for the final team.  So you can make alliances to get you farthere...but it is a 2 person team not a team of 10!

Plus come THEO is back, that right there is worth watching!!! :dance:  :smooch:

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2006, 10:13:52 AM »
It sort of sucks for everyone who is paired with an Austin cast member since they are the ones being targeted!
oXo Justine

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2006, 12:26:44 PM »
I agree beign with someone from the Austin crowd is a not a good thing.  But If you are johnnie you are happy they are targeting the Austin crowd because if not it would be him and Tonya.

On overdrive where they talk to the cast.. Coral said she liked Wes  ???  maybe since he is the Abe wanna be  ;D  I did think it was interesting she said she saw the last cast and said NO I do not want to hang out with those people.  Wonder how many get to see the cast and then chose if they want to go.

I thought Landon would be back ~ he is the new Miz.

Hope more peeps start watching the show.  If not, Vintage you might get tired of talking to just me.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2006, 05:08:19 PM »
I could  never get tired of talking to you Texan! Besides, I love to have someone to talk to about my favorite shows.

I absolutely loved Coral on this first episode, I'm so happy that she did so well. I was kind of hoping that Ev and Danny would win, because I would have liked to see how well Ev could have done further on down the line. I thought she would have been a pretty good competitor.
oXo Justine

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 06:03:44 AM »
TJ Lavin hosting again.  What they couldn't find a corpse to dig up and stick in front of the cast as they explained the challenges?  Wake up TJ your on TV without your helmet!!
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 11:06:54 AM »
TJ is not that bad, Not over the top with enthusaim.  I can see Mark becoming the host of the challenges in the future.  he use to be the host in the beginning and then decided he wanted to be in the challenge.

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 12:10:05 PM »
I am shocked they have not gotten someone like Mark or Eric to host.  Sorry to diagree but TJ is just dreadful!!! :groan:
Because sometimes the way to feel good about yourself is by making someone else feel bad. I am tired of making others feel good about themselves.

Offline Vintage212

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 11:36:32 AM »
I don't think TJ is too bad, but yea they should totally have someone like Mark or Eric come back and host. I think they'd do awesome, plus they know the game, and what needs to be said.
oXo Justine

Offline chunkylover53

• D'oh!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 09:42:27 PM »
In reality (no pun intended) this is one show that there really needs to be no host to do things.  There could be a producer telling them what to do and then get out of the way and it would not ruin my enjoyment of the show.  TJ really does nothing to enhance the show.